我还做噩梦 梦见海里怪物来追我
I had nightmares that there were sea monsters coming after me.
某个夏天 我父母做了个决定
One summer my parents decided,
“我们去沙滩度假”
“We’re going to do a beach holiday”.
当时一切还挺顺利
Everything was alright, for a while.
我保证我父母没有
I made sure my parents didn’t
意识到我不肯靠近海边
realize I wasn’t going anywhere near that water.
我怕海 连海边上都不敢去
It terrified me. I couldn’t even go down to the water’s edge.
我连脚趾都不敢放进水里 因为我相信
I couldn’t even put my toe in, because I was convinced…
那些怪物在海里 等着我
that these monsters were there, waiting for me.
我就忙着堆沙滩城♥堡♥
I was just busy building sand castles.
有一天
So, one day…
我爸爸决定租艘划桨船
my dad decides to rent a paddle-boat, and…
他很生气
he got really angry,
因为我跟他说我不要上船
because I told him I wasn’t going to go on the paddle-boat,
因为我要堆沙滩城♥堡♥
because I was very busy with my sand castes.
他大发雷霆 一把抄起我逼我上了船
He got furious and he scooped me up and forced me on it.
然后他疯狂地划着桨
And then he started to peddle furiously.
不可抑制愤怒地划着
You know, with this kind of uncontrollable rage.
我浑身哆嗦 抽抽搭搭 他就说
I was trembling, I was sobbing, and he was saying,
我花了5美元租这船 我们
“Spent 5 bucks on this paddle-boat. We’re
这个时候就该好好地享受
gonna have a good time if it’s the last thing we do!”
很快 我们就离海岸很远了
Before you know it, we were pretty far away from the shore.
然后他停止划桨了
He stops pedaling, and…
他站起来 说了些…
he stands up and he says something like…
我不知道他说了什么
I’ve no idea what he said.
他一把抓起我
Picks me up
把我扔进了海里
and he throws me in the water.
我开始往下沉
I started sinking to the bottom.
我不断下沉 下沉 越来越沉
I keep going deeper, and deeper, and deeper down.
我发誓 珂拉 那里
And there, I swear, Cora.
那里有个巨大的黑乎乎胶状的东西
There’s this big, black, gelatinous… something.
它眼睛暴突
It had these big bulging eyes, and…
还有触须
tentacles.
它看见我了
And it saw me.
然后就开始追我
And it started coming after me.
我就只记得这些
And that was the last thing I remember.
我从医院的病床上醒来
I woke up in a hospital bed.
你知道吗
You know what?
我爸爸
My father…
他把我扔到海里去后
When he… when he threw me in the water.
他也不会游泳
He didn’t know how to swim either.
苏立泽医生 是的
Dr. Sulitzer? Yes…
我们没有那么多事要做
Well, we don’t have that much to do,
不 没事 很好 就在等着
so… No, it’s fine. It’s okay. Just waiting.
这里的护士汉娜想和你说几句
Listen. Hanna, the nurse here, she wants to have a word with you.
好的
Okay.
你好
Hello.
不 他的病情很稳定
Yes, no… He’s stable but he’s…
问题是他的身体丝毫不见好转
The problem is, he isn’t getting any better, so…
一直发着高烧
he is still running a high fever.
清晨和午后 一阵接着一阵
It comes in waves, morning, mid-afternoon.
我认为应该带他离开油井
I think he should be taken off the oil rig.
不 越快越好
No, immediately.
后天吗
The day after tomorrow?
需要我帮你转接…
You’ll speak to…
好的 再见
Okay. Good bye.
我想苏立泽正在找一个新工作
I think Sulitzer is looking for another job.
你呢
Aren’t you?
公♥司♥会把我分配到另一个油井
The company have other rigs. They moves me to another one. Maybe in…
可能在智利或者古巴 谁知道呢
The Chile, or Cuba. Who knows?
现在让我待在这里多久都无所谓
Meanwhile, I stay here. As long as they want.
干燥的地方会让我感到心烦意乱
I get edgy on dry land. I get…
-感到头晕目眩 -那场事故
– dizzy. – The accident?
-它是怎么发生的 -你真想知道?
– How did it happen? – You really want to know that?
他们在海底钻孔 那儿就像…
They were drilling in ground that’s like…
多孔的瑞士干奶酪
cheese with holes… Swiss cheese.
海底有许多气阱
There are lots of pockets of gas, down there.
我们钻到了一个气阱 这不是第一次了
And we hit one. It’s not the first time it’s happened.
-事故无法避免吗 -不能
– Could it have been avoided? – No. No.
如果我们及时停止钻探的话 或许可以
Yes, maybe, if we’d stopped drilling a long time ago. But…
但是那个男人的死并不是意外
what happened to the man who died, was no accident.
他是自杀的
That man wanted to kill himself.
自己扑向了熊熊火焰
He threw himself into the flames.
抱歉
Sorry.
之后…
So… and…
乔瑟夫想去救他
Josef, he tried to save him, but…
但这一切都发生地太突然了
it all happened so quickly.
我们都亲眼见证那个男人跳进大火中
We all saw how he threw himself into the… into the blaze.
我们没有告诉公♥司♥实情
We haven’t told the company everything.
让他们以为这只是一个意外事故
We let them believe it was an accident.
毕竟那男人留下了一个妻子和两个孩子
That man left a wife and two kids.
所以何必说出事情真♥相♥呢
So, what’s the point in telling the truth?
让公♥司♥相信这是一个意外
Let them believe it was an accident.
意味着对他家里的一大笔抚恤金
That means some money for his family.
但是…
And…
归根结底
deep down…
每一件事都是事故
everything is an accident.
-乔瑟夫从未向我提起他 -是吗
– He never speaks about him. – Doesn’t he?
那我就不清楚了
Well…
-汉娜 -说
– Hanna? – Yes.
-什么事 -没事
– What? – Nothing.
怎么了
Yes?
-没事 -到底怎么了
– Nothing. – What?
真的没事
No, nothing.
别这样
Oh, come on.
-没事 -西蒙
– Nothing. – Simon?
什么事
What?
没事
Nothing.
不 怎么了
No, what?
到底怎么了
What?
汉娜
Hanna?
-汉娜 -怎么了
– Hanna? – Yes.
看我这么荡秋千
Look at this!
别忘了你可不止15岁
Remember that you’re not 15 years old.
-Bodalo -什么
– Bodalo. – What?
你认为我刚才说的词是什么意思
What do you think I just said?
蠢货? 白♥痴♥? 还是两者兼具?
Idiot? Dickhead? A little of both?
差不多是这意思
More or less, yes.
-这是哪国语言 -知道有意义吗
– Which language? – What difference does it make?
又来了 老是来这一套
Here we go. Aren’t you getting
扮成一副神秘女人的样子不烦吗
tired of playing the mystery woman act with me?
还要来点汤吗
Do you want more soup?
我把我的悲惨遭遇都告诉你了
Come on, I’ve told you my little miseries.
你不如也说一点你的事 我不要汤了
You tell me something. No, I’m full up on soup.
你喜欢《葡萄牙修女的情书》吗
Did you like “Letters of a Portuguese Nun”?
我以为你只喜欢鸡肉和米饭
I thought you didn’t like books, just chicken and rice.
以前我常常读书
I used to read.
我现在只能想起书里的部分内容
Yeah, well. I don’t remember it all that well.
好几年前读过 书挺薄的
Read it ages ago. It’s a short book.
我没读过太厚的书 没有那个耐心读完
I only read short books. Don’t have patience for long ones.
我曾把它作为礼物送给一个人
Gave that book as a present to someone, once.
一个女人
A woman.
-我知道我本不该这么做的 -为什么
– I know I shouldn’t have, but I did. – Why?
因为她已是有夫之妇
Because it was another man’s wife.
那个男人深爱着她
A man who loved her,
她也爱着那个男人
and whom she loved.
连一个我都爱的男人
And who even I loved.
有些事是我们绝不能做的
There’s certain things one should never do.
比如?
Like what?
绝不能…
One should never…

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!