He’s lost it.
也许,我把它弄丢了。
Perhaps, I’ve lost it.
也许是因为幸福。
Perhaps it was happiness.
天哪,亲爱的!
Good gad, my dear!
你怎么会不开心。我无法想象。
How you could be unhappy. I can’t imagine.
你不能吗?
Can’t you?
珀西……你不能吗?
Percy… Can’t you?
哦,如果我能诅咒的话。
Oh, cursed if I can.
为什么,你是镇上最受追捧的女人。
Why, you’re the most courted woman in town.
——由谁?——每一个人。
– By whom? – By everybody.
除了你!
Except you!
天哪,亲爱的,我是你的丈夫。
Dear me, my dear, I’m your husband.
结婚几个月后,我们仍然很幸福,但后来出现了隔阂。
Months after we were married, we were still happy and then came this estrangement.
天知道,这不是我一手造成的。
Which Heaven knows, is none of my making.
你真的能这么说吗?
Can you honestly say that?
你能诚实地否认你变了吗?
Can you honestly deny that you’ve changed?
变化如此之大,我几乎认不出你了。
So changed that I scarcely know you.
你现在从来没有和我在一起过。
You’re never with me now.
你总是找这样那样的借口不在家。
You’re always away on some pretext or other.
我总是独自一人。
I’m always alone.
那我有个非常好的消息要告诉你,亲爱的。
Then I’ve mighty good news for you, my dear.
你哥哥从巴黎来了。
Your brother’s arriving from Paris.
——阿尔芒?——是的。
– Armand? – Yes.
什么时候?
When?
在任何时刻。
At any moment.
那你就不会孤单了,是吗?
And then you won’t be alone, will you?
我什么时候能再见到你?
When am I going to see you again?
只要你愿意,什么时候都行。
Whenever you wish to.
好吧,每天都这样。
Well then, every day.
苏珊!
Suzanne!
主要在哪里?
Where’s the chief?
他昨天一到这儿就进城去了。
He went to town yesterday as soon as he arrived here.
-有我们的订单吗?-是的…
– Any order for us? – Yes…
我们得在这里等到今晚阿尔芒·圣·贾斯特的消息。
We have to wait here till tonight for a message from Armand St. Just.
正确的。
Right.
-你跟踪他们了吗?——是的。
– Did you follow them? – Yes.
一个水手把一封信交给安德鲁·福克斯爵士。
A sailor gave a letter to Sir Andrew Ffoulkes.
你拿到了吗?
Did you get it?
这并不容易,但是……
It wasn’t easy, but…
我们有六个人在那里。
We had six men there.
他们现在在哪里?
Where are they now?
堵上嘴,绑在船上。
Gagged and bound on the ship.
和这封信吗?
And the letter?
你明天就可以释放他们。
You will release them tomorrow.
观察他们的一举一动。
Watch every move they make.
maury……
Maurier…
马上到法国去。
Go over to France at once.
只要St.一回来,就逮捕他。
The moment St. Just returns, arrest him.
阿曼德圣而已。
Armand St. Just.
玛格丽特·圣,这位著名的女演员,为了她哥哥的缘故,她将在共和党的命令下表演一场精彩的演出。
Marguerite St. Just the famous actress she will give a great performance by Republican command for her brother’s sake.
珀西,我不想让阿尔芒回法国。
Percy, I don’t want Armand to go back to France.
如果你愿意帮我,我们就能把他留在英国。
If you’ll help me we can keep him in England.
他要在这里定居,娶个好姑娘,生几个可爱的孩子。
He’ll settle down here, marry a nice girl and have lovely children.
多么可怕的前景啊。
What a dreadful prospect.
可怜的阿尔芒做了什么事,竟会被判结婚?
What has poor Armand done to be sentenced to matrimony?
你应该知道的,亲爱的。
You should know better, my dear.
你不开心…为什么?
You’re unhappy… Why?
阿尔芒,我很满意地知道,全英国最大的傻瓜也最看不起他的妻子。
Armand, I have the satisfaction of knowing that the biggest fool in England has the most complete contempt for his wife.
珀西吗?这是怎么发生的?
Percy? How did it happen?
我不知道。
I don’t know.
我只知道我嫁给他的时候他还是个男人。
I only know that when I married him he was a man.
他是我的爱人。
He was my lover.
我很高兴为他放弃了一切。
I was glad to give up everything for him.
而现在……
And now…
您不能离开我,阿尔芒!
You mustn’t leave me, Armand!
我需要你…我独自一人。
I need you… I’m all alone.
我不能留下来。
I can’t stay.
你要回法国?
You’re going back to France?
但这不安全!
But it’s not safe!
给我吗?我不是贵族。
For me? I’m no aristocrat.
任何人在恐惧之下。
For anyone under the terror.
我来照看法国的布莱克尼庄园。
I shall look after the Blakeney estate in France.
噢,珀西真有钱!这对他意味着什么?
Oh, Percy is so rich! What does it mean to him?
他甚至对他的英国庄园都不感兴趣。
He is not even interested in his English estates.
自从那次恐怖袭击以来,他就不愿去法国,要回世界上所有的财宝。
Since the terror he wouldn’t go over to France for all the treasures in the world.
你为什么要为他的钱冒生命危险?
Why should you risk your life for his money?
哦,我不会拿我的生命冒险。
Oh, I don’t risk my life.
别担心,亲爱的。
Don’t worry, darling.
珀西吗?
Percy?
我可以问你一件事吗?
May I ask you something?
您和玛格丽特怎么了?
What’s happened to you and Marguerite?
婚姻,我想。
Marriage, I suppose.
为什么?
Why?
你曾经爱过她……我知道。
You loved her once… I know.
你还记得第一个上断头台的家庭吗?
Do you remember the first family to go to the guillotine?
圣老年痴呆。
The St. Cyrs.
他们对我说揭发他们的是玛格丽特。
They told me it was Marguerite who denounced them.
那是个谎言!
It was a lie!
我希望我能相信。
I wish I could believe that.
你问她了吗?
Did you ask her?
我做到了。
I did.
她回了一个像断头台上的刀一样锋利的“是的”。
She flashed back a “yes” as sharp as the knife of the guillotine.
我看了那个死刑。
I watched that execution.
侯爵……
The Marquis…
他的妻子……
His wife…
他的儿子。
His son.
是我妻子把它们放在那里的。
And it was my wife who put them there.
所以你才不爱她了。
So that’s why you ceased to love her.
真是一个悲剧。
What a tragedy.
停止了吗?
Ceased?
我将爱她直到永远。
I shall love her till I die.
这就是悲剧。
That’s the tragedy.
为了弥补她对他们做的事, 你一周又一周冒着生命危险去救其他人?
And it’s to make up what she did to them that you risk your own life week after week to rescue the others?
别这么英勇,阿尔芒。
Don’t be so heroic, Armand.
我的眼睛被打了一拳,我就在运动中寻求庇护。
I got a smack in the eye, and I took refuge in sport.
多么有趣的运动啊!
And what a sport!
天哪,我想这个冬天我不去猎狐了。
By gad,I think I shall give up fox hunting this winter.
现在,你觉得怎么样?
Now, what do you think of it?
的好,先生!
Monstrous fine, sir!
大大。
Vastly becoming.
现在,有一件外套你穿起来会很舒服。
Now, there’s a coat you could wear with comfort.
你很清楚除非珀西爵士同意,否则我穿什么都不舒服。
You know perfectly well I can wear nothing with comfort until Sir Percy says so.
那个人猿在哪里?
Where is that jackanapes?
谁。先生?
Who. sir?
您,先生!
You, sir!
在这里,先生!
Here, sir!
现在,告诉特德尔…
And now, tell Treadle what…
这件外套怎么了?
What’s wrong with this coat.
背面很不错。
The back is admirable.
前面的公平。
The front’s fair.
衣领。嗯,可能的。
The collar is. uh, possible.
但袖。踏板。
But the sleeve. Treadle.
手铐,我可怜的愚昧的朋友……
The cuff, my poor, benighted friend…
珀西爵士,这是被铐起来的最后一句话!
That, Sir Percy, is the last words in cuffs!
啊,我的天,我真希望这样,因为世界上再也不会有像我这样的天使了!
Oh, gad, I should hope so for there should never be another like it!
哦,得了吧,这是……还不算太糟。
Oh, come now, it’s… It’s not too bad.
你看,珀西爵士,殿下赞成。
You see, Sir Percy, His Royal Highness approves.
可怜的特尔普,殿下可不会这么做。
My poor Treadle, His Royal Highness does nothing of the kind.
他说“没那么糟”。
He says it’s “not so bad”.
世界上没有什么比“不那么坏”的东西更“坏”的了。
And nothing in the world is “so bad” as something which is “not so bad”.
-可是珀西爵士……-这是犯罪,特雷德尔

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!