Do you know her?
认识她吗?
Know her?
伦敦的每个人都认识布莱克尼夫人。
Everybody in London knows Lady Blakeney.
布莱克尼夫人,你嘴里有东西吗?
Lady Blakeney, have you something in your mouth?
现在不行,罗姆尼先生。
Not now, Mr. Romney.
那张可爱的脸被夹心糖弄得鼓鼓的, 我可没法做出公正的评价
I can’t do justice to that lovely face when it’s all bulged out with bonbon.
你想说就说吧,但不许吃夹心糖!
You may talk if you like, but no bonbon!
请不要做手势!
And no gestures, please!
好了,罗姆尼先生。
All right, Mr. Romney.
我来告诉你为什么这朵花蕊让我如此着迷。
I’ll tell you what it is about the Pimpernel that tantalizes me so.
那是他令人难以忍♥受的谦虚。
It is his insufferable modesty.
这是没有借口的!
There’s no excuse for it!
一想到在某个地方有一个像他那样了不起的人,我就发疯。
It’s maddening to think that somewhere there’s a man as marvelous as that.
我们再也没见过他!
And we never see him!
他对我们一点用都没有!
He is of no use to us whatever!
布莱克尼夫人,我说过不要做手势!
Lady Blakeney, I said no gestures, please!
哦,你必须记住我是一个法国女人,当我说话的时候,我必须使用这些和这个一样。
Oh, you must remember that I am a French woman and when I talk I must use these as well as this.
德·图尔内一家今天抵达多佛。
The de Tournay family arrived in Dover today.
除了父亲。
All except the father.
我们得回去找他。
We have to go back for him.
发生了这些事之后,场面会非常尴尬。
It’s going to be devilish awkward after what’s happened.
好了我去。黑斯廷斯也会的,如果你愿意的话。
Well I’ll go. So will Hastings if you’ll let us.
如果到了那个地步,我们都去。
We will all go if it comes to that.
但即便如此,我们也只有20岁。
But even so, we’re only 20.
昨天,30个人上了断头台。
Yesterday, 30 people went to the guillotine.
你是想说我们人手不够吗?
Are you trying to suggest that there aren’t enough of us?
也许没有一个正派的英国人不愿意加入我们。
Perhaps that there isn’t a decent Englishman that wouldn’t be proud to join us.
我们可以在一周内达到500到1000个。
We could be 500, a thousand within a week.
再过一周,我们每个人都会被盯上。
And within another week everyone of us would be a marked man.
我们应该连一个人都救不了。
We shouldn’t be able to rescue a single soul.
对于那些既不是懦夫也不是傻瓜的人,仅仅使用武力是没有用的。
Mere force is useless against people who are neither cowards nor fools.
如果我们想要做任何事,我们就必须将勇气与勇气,狡猾与更狡猾相匹配。
We must match courage with courage and cunning with still greater cunning if we’re going to do anything at all.
我们都愿意献出自己的生命。
We are all willing to give our lives.
但我们必须做得更多。
But we must do more than that.
我们必须掩盖自己的身份。
We must mask our identities…
忍♥受被当作纨绔子弟、傻瓜、笨蛋的羞辱……懦夫
Suffer the humiliation of being taken for fops, fools, nitwits… cowards
每天都有那么多可以挽救的人死去。
So many people die every day that could be saved.
你以为我感觉不到吗?
You think I don’t feel that?
你以为我喜欢坐在刀的阴影下…一个人头接一个人头掉下来?
You think I like sitting there in the shadow of the knife while one head falls after another?
我认识和爱的人。
People I know and love.
无辜的人,善良的人,像羊一样被放牧,像牛一样被人宰杀,这些人以冠冕堂皇的原则和最野蛮的残忍♥为借口。
Innocent people kindly people herded like sheep butchered like cattle by men who make high-sounding principles and excuses for the most bestial cruelty.
罗伯斯庇尔的自♥由♥,他的平等……
Robespierre’s liberty, his equality…
嗯…
Well…
这不是拉姆斯巴顿上校吗?
sink me, if it isn’t Colonel Ramsbottom.
好。你好吗,拉姆斯伯顿?
Well. how are you Ramsbottom?
温特伯顿,先生!
Winterbottom, Sir!
拉姆斯伯顿……多么荒谬的错误啊……
Ramsbottom… what a ridiculous mistake…
请允许我解释一下,上校……
Allow me to explain, Colonel…
这是你的屁♥股♥,布莱尼!
Here’s that ass, Blakeney!
我要离开!
I’m off!
怪客的血,这个俱乐部需要振奋。
Odd’s blood, this club wants cheering up.
让我沉下去,这地方简直就是个陵墓。
Sink me, the place is a mausoleum.
你是在冒犯我吗,先生?
Are you being offensive, Sir?
先生是谁?我吗,先生?不,先生!
Who Sir? Me, sir? No, sir!
刺我。我今天早上心情很好。
Stab me. I’m bubbling over with good humor this morning.
你相信我吗,我刚刚写了一部杰作?
Would you believe me, I’ve just written a masterpiece?
——谁吗,先生?你,先生?——我,先生!
– Who, sir? You, sir? – Me, sir!
——不,先生!——是的,先生!
– No, sir! – Yes, sir!
都是关于这个神秘的花男。
All about this mysterious Pimpernel fellow.
天知道我是怎么想到的,因为那是一天中最忙的时候……
How it came to me, heaven only knows because it was the busiest moment of the day…
该死,我在打领结。
Darn, I was tying my cravat.
哦,好了,在这里。
Oh well, here it is.
《猩红色的紫罗兰》,出自准男爵珀西瓦尔·布莱克尼爵士之手。
“The Scarlet Pimpernel”by Sir Percival Blakeney, Baronet.
——什么?-这就是书名。
– What? – Well, that’s the title.
“他们在这里寻找他,在那里寻找他。
“They seek him here,they seek him there.
“那些法国佬到处找他。
“Those Frenchies seek him everywhere.
“他在天堂吗?”
“Is he in heaven?
“他下地狱了吗?”
“Is he in hell?
就是那该死的、难以捉摸的红花蕊。”
That damned, elusive Pimpernel.”
什么?
What?
嗯,不错!
Hmm, not bad!
不坏?这是该死的好!
Not bad? It’s damned good!
我把它写出来,你们就都能学了。
I’ll write it out, then you can all learn it.
是的……
Yes…
嗯…美好的一天,先生们。
Well… Good day, gentlemen.
再见。Higgenbottom。
Goodbye. Higgenbottom.
温特伯顿,诅咒你!
Winterbottom, curse you!
请再说一遍好吗?我不是说过温特伯顿吗?
I beg your pardon? Didn’t I say Winterbottom?
一群年轻的无赖!
Bunch of young jackanapes!
它们都是一样的,时髦的小狗。
They’re all alike, this fashionable puppies.
难以忍♥受的!
Insufferable!
那个年轻人需要的是一两年的艰苦竞选。
What that young man needs is a year or two of hard campaigning.
面对枪林弹雨,经受困苦。
Facing powder and shot undergoing privation.
我无法想象布莱克尼会遇到什么危险。
I can’t imagine Blakeney running into much danger.
不是他!
Not he!
他不属于我们那个年代。
He doesn’t belong to our vintage.
这不是我的错!
It’s not my fault!
对我来说,这是谁的错无关紧要。
It’s a matter of infinitely small importance to me whose fault it is.
能给我的咖啡里加淀粉的人也能给我的咖啡下毒。
The man who could put starch in my jabot is equally capable of putting poison in my coffee.
在那里,你看到了吗?
There, you see?
我是个笑柄,这是对的。
I’m a laughingstock, and rightly so.
你看,这被诅咒的东西像一根理发师的电线杆一样伸出来把我弄沉了,这是一场灾难。
Look at the cursed thing.Sticking out like a barber’s pole.Sink me, the thing is a disaster.
走开,布林克,你这讨厌的家伙。
Go away, Brinker, you dreadful fellow.
女士们……
Ladies…
你的仆人。
Your servant.
玛格丽特……
Marguerite…
你的奴隶。
your slave.
啊,罗姆尼。
Ah, Romney.
你好吗?
How are you?
画像拍得怎么样了?
And how is the portrait progressing?
眼睛有问题,不是吗?
The eyes are wrong, aren’t they?
鼻子还好吗?
And is the nose all right?
你知道的…
You know…
我觉得你完全没注意到嘴部。
I rather think you missed the mouth altogether.
是的,你有。
Yes, you have.
否则,就是她的形象。
Otherwise, it’s the image of her.
我想今天就到这里吧。
I think that will be enough for today.
可怜的罗姆尼。
Poor Mr. Romney.
你累了,我也累了。
You are tired, and so am I.
累了吗?
Tired?
嘿,我也是。
Zounds, me too.
你知道吗,亲爱的女士……
You know, dear lady…
我刚到巴斯去治疗疲劳。
I’ve just been to Bath to be cured of the fatigue.
现在我被治愈药弄得太疲劳了我…
And now I’m so fatigued by the cure that I…
我真觉得我得再去一趟巴斯,好治好疲劳。
I really think that I shall have to go to Bath again to be cured of the fatigue.
这是一场迷人的聚会。
It has been a charming party.
——再见!——再见。
– Goodbye! – Goodbye.
——再见。——再见!
– Goodbye. – Goodbye!
再见,布莱克尼夫人,谢谢。
Bye, Lady Blakeney, thank you.
再见,珀西爵士……
Bye, Sir Percy…
再见,珀西爵士……
Goodbye, Sir Percy…
再见,珀西爵士!
Goodbye, Sir Percy!
再见,再见……
Goodbye, Goodbye…
再见……
Goodbye…
你觉得怎么样?
What do you think of it?
很聪明,但是少了点什么。
It’s clever but there’s something lacking.
什么?
What?
我不知道。
I don’t know.
有一看……
There’s a look…
一种眼神……
A look in the eyes…
他弄丢了。