*我出去走了走*
*I’ve been out walking*
*这些天来我话很少说*
*I don’t do too much talking these days*
*这些天来*
*These days*
*这些天来我似乎想了许多*
*These days I seem to think a lot*
*关于那些我忘了去做的事*
*About the things that I forgot to do…*
*和所有时机*
*And all the times I…*
站直了
Stand up straight.
让我看看你
Let me get a look at you.
什么这么好笑
What’s so funny?
我也很高兴见到你
Well it’s nice to see you, too.
当晚 Etheline发现她所有的孩子
That night, Etheline found all of her children
这17年来第一次
living together under the same roof
生活在同一个屋檐下
for the first time in 17 years.
你们的爸爸呢
Where’s your dad?
第二天早上 Richie在拂晓时分醒来
The next morning, Richie woke at dawn.
他下定决心 鸟儿不应被困牢笼
He had decided birds should not be kept in cages
他喂给Mordecai三条沙丁鱼 然后给了它自♥由♥
fed Mordecai three sardines, and set him free.
三场戏剧
Margot Tenenbaum著
在Tenenbaum宅邸前Royal从一辆吉普赛出租车上下来
他提着一根手杖但精神抖擞地快速穿过人行道 他叩响前门
亲爱的孩子们 我想死你们了
I’ve missed the hell out of you, my darlings.
你们知道的 是不是
Well, you know that, though, don’t you?
我听说你快要死了
I hear you’re dying.
他们是这样告诉我的
So they tell me.
我很遗憾
I’m sorry.
我这一辈子值了
Well, I’ve had a good run.
你看起来不怎么病态 爸爸
You don’t look so sick, Dad.
谢谢
Thank you.
你得了什么病
What have you got?
我得了一种很严重的癌症
I’ve got a pretty bad case of cancer.
你还能活多久
How long you going to last?
不久了
Not long.
一个月 一年
A month, a year?
大约六周
About six weeks.
言归正传
Let me get to the point.
你们三个和你们的母亲是我的全部
The three of you and your mother are all I’ve got
我爱你们胜过一切
and I love you more than anything.
Chas 让我说完
Chas, let me finish here.
现在 我有六个星期的时间来弥补你们
Now, I’ve got six weeks to set things right with you
我非常渴望做到
and I aim to do it.
你们能给我一个机会吗
Will you give me a chance?

No.
你为大家代言吗
You speak for everyone?
我为自己代言
I speak for myself.
好了 你的观点已经表明了
Well, you’ve made your views known.
现在让其他人发表意见吧
Let somebody else do some of the talking now.
你打算做什么
What do you propose to do?
事实上我说不好
I can’t say, really.
弥补逝去的时间吧 我想
Um, make up for lost time, I suppose.
我要做的第一件事就是带你们去看看你们的祖母
First thing I want to do is take you out to see your grandmother,
找个时间
at some point.
我从六岁起就没去过那了
I haven’t been out there since I was six.
我从来都没去过那
I haven’t been out there at all.
我从未被邀请过
I was never invited.
她并不是你真正的祖母
Well, she wasn’t your real grandmother
我从不知道你是否有兴趣去 甜心
and I never knew how much interest you had, uh, sweetie.
不管怎么说 你现在被邀请了
Anyway, you’re invited now.
谢谢
Thanks.
Rachael也被埋葬在那里了
You know, Rachael’s buried out there, too.

Who?
我妻子
My wife.
哦 对对对
Oh, that’s right, isn’t it?
我们也得顺道去她的墓前
Well, we’ll have to swing by her grave, too.
我马上回来
Uh, I’ll be right back.
Chas
Chas.
Chas
Chas.
我能见见我的孙子们吗
Can I see my grandsons?
为什么
Why?
因为我终于想见见他们了
Because I finally want to meet them.
别给我来这一套
Don’t give me that guff.
我想还是算了吧
I think we’ll pass.
Pagoda
Pagoda…
我挂在这儿的野猪头呢
Where’s my Javelina?
现在我要和你们说晚安了 孩子们
I’ll say good-night to you now, children.

Dad.
谢谢 我的乖儿子
Thank you, my sweet boy.
未来12小时内我会联♥系♥你
I’ll contact you in the next 12 hours
给你后续指令
with further instructions.
看看那个老家伙
Look at that old grizzly bear.
你好 Ethel
Hello, Ethel.
晚安 先生
Good evening, sir.
出租车等一下好吗 司机
Hold the cab, will you, driver?
Royal 这是Henry Sherman
Royal, this is Henry Sherman.
嘿 握个手吧 哥们
Hey, lay it on me, man.
你好吗
How do you do?
不怎么样 我快要死了
Not too well. I’m dying.
Richie怎么样
How’s Richie?
我不知道
I don’t know.
我看不出
I can’t tell.
我也是
Yeah, me neither.
他给我写了封信
He wrote me a letter.
他说他爱上你了
He says he’s in love with you.
你在说什么呢
What are you talking about?
他就是这么说的
That’s what he said.
我不知道我们应该怎样看待这件事
I don’t know how we’re supposed to take it.
等一下
Hang on.
你好
Hello.
宝贝儿 我是Eli
Sugar, it’s Eli.
嘿 宝贝 等我一下
Hey, baby, give me a second.
我们在这干什么 Eli
What are we doing, Eli?
哦 我只是得取点东西
Oh, I just got to pick something up.
还有 别跟别人说
Don’t repeat that, by the way.
Richie那事
About Richie.
他是私底下跟我说的 你懂的
It was told to me in confidence, and, you know…
很好
Good.
现在只要把这些疏松的土移走
Now just remove the loose soil
然后记下分解级别
and note the decomposition levels.
我很抱歉打扰到你的工作
I’m sorry to interrupt your work.
别犯傻了
Don’t be silly.
来吧
Come on.
我只是想为那天向你求婚的事情道歉
I just want to apologize for the other day when I proposed to you.
为什么
Why?
我觉得那很好呀
I thought it was very sweet.
我知道我不像那些男人一样成功
I know I’m not as accomplished as some of the men
一些你交往过的男人
you’ve been involved with.
Franklin Benedict和Cartwright将军之类的
Uh, Franklin Benedict, General Cartwright,
还有你前夫
and your ex-husband.
真是荒谬
Oh, that’s ridiculous.
但是 我觉得
But, but, I feel…
我可以给你的和他们一样多
I can offer just as much as them.
我知道我这事做的有点蠢 但
I know I went about it backwards, but…
Henry 我对Franklin Benedict没兴趣
Henry, I have no interest in Franklin Benedict
或者Doug Cartwright 从来都没兴趣
or Doug Cartwright… I never did…
还有Royal 他是最
and as far as Royal’s concerned, he’s the most…
Henry
Henry?
Henry 你还好吗
Henry, are you all right?
还好 还好
Yeah, I’m fine. I’m fine.
无论如何 等你决定好了告诉我
Anyway, let me know when you make up your mind.
Henry 等一下
Henry, wait a second.
抱歉 我很紧张
I’m sorry, I’m very nervous.
这 这没关系
Th-That’s okay.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!