Yeah.
我能跟你说点心里话吗 Henry
Can I say something to you, Henry?
可以啊
Okay.
我一直都被当作一个混♥蛋♥
I’ve always been considered an asshole
从我记事起就这样
for about as long as I can remember.
这就是我的风格
That’s just my style.
但是如果你不原谅我 我真的会很难过
But I’d really feel blue if I didn’t think you were going to forgive me.
我不觉得你是个混♥蛋♥ Royal
I don’t think you’re an asshole, Royal.
我只觉得你算是个婊♥子♥养♥的♥
I just think you’re kind of a son of a bitch.
我很感激你这么想
Well, I really appreciate that.
夫人 您能让我们进您的后院吗
Could you let us in your backyard, ma’am?
我们有俩孩子在那儿
We’ve got a couple boys back there.
你的脚踝应该是断了
I think you may have broken an ankle.
也不是特别严重对吧
Well, that’s not terribly serious, is it?
你有后备人选吗
Do you have an alternate?
没有
No.
准备好了
Ready?
有没有随叫随到的牧师啊
Are there priests on call?
要不你把车开过来把 Anwar
Why don’t you bring the car around, Anwar.
当时 我的车显然是失控了
At which point, I apparently lost control of the vehicle
撞到了房♥子上 还把那只可怜的狗撞死了
smashed it into the house, and killed that poor dog.
你是Eli Cash
You’re Eli Cash.
是的 我是
Yes indeed, I am.
我特别喜欢你的作品
I love your work.
你能这么说真好
Oh, how sweet of you to say.
78-35 代号♥6
78-35, Code Six.
桑德勒街北105号♥
105 North Sandler…
我觉得它是杂种狗
I think he’s part mutt.
你有血统证明吗
What kind of papers do you have for him?
火花塞 坐下 坐下
Spark Plug, sit, sit.
好孩子
Good boy.
把这个戴上
Put this on.
什么这么好笑 Dudley
What’s so funny, Dudley?
你看起来特帅
You look great.
这样能看清楚么
Can you see out of it?
不太能
Not really.
嗯 角膜有点损伤
Uh-huh. Minor corneal damage.
扩散到另一只眼睛的话就传呼我
Page me if it spreads to the other eye.
我该去找谁
Who do I make it out to?
Alex 好的
Alex? Okay.
但它们并不是承重部分呀 爸
But these aren’t structure-bearing elements, Dad.
没关系
It doesn’t matter.
最好还是申请为不可抗力因素
It’s still best to file another force majeure
然后收回免赔额
and recoup the deductible.
孩子们跟我来
You boys come up here with me.
但Buckley还在下面
But Buckley’s still under there.
我知道 但是现在我们也没法为他做什么了
I know, but there’s nothing we can do for him at the moment.
我帮你为孩子们弄了条新狗
I got you a new dog for the boys.
我刚买♥♥下来的
I just bought him.
真的
You did?
对不起我让你失望了 Chas
Sorry I let you down, Chas.
让所有人失望了
All of you.
我一直试着补偿你们
I been trying to make it up to you.
它叫什么
What’s his name?
火花塞
Spark Plug.
谢谢
Thank you.
不客气
You’re welcome.
我这一年过得很不好 爸
I’ve had a rough year, Dad.
我知道的 Chassie
I know you have, Chassie.

Hey.
看 它脖子上多了好多白羽毛
See, now he has more white feathers on his neck.
不知道它经历了什么
I wonder what happened to him?
我也不知道
I don’t know.
有时候如果一个人经历了痛苦的巨变
Sometimes if a person has a traumatic experience
他们的头发会变白
their hair turns white.
我保证它能熬过来
Well, I’m sure he’ll get over it.
这是我最开始的藏匿点之一
This was one of my first hiding places.
这些烟是多少年前的了
How old do you think those are?
大概有10年了
I’d say about ten years.
过来
Come here.
Royal为Buckley在花♥园♥小屋后面挖了个洞
Royal dug a hole for Buckley behind the garden shed
把它装在帆布行李袋里埋了
and buried him in a canvas duffel bag.
好了 孩子们
All right, boys.
念祷词吧
Say a prayer.
亲爱的天父
Dear Heavenly Father…
我愿意
I do.
Etheline和Henry于48小时后
Etheline and Henry were married
在法官室里结婚了
48 hours later in judge’s chambers.
卡文迪什剧院 MARGOT TENENBAUM 出品 丛林中的Levinson一家
Margot的新剧在卡文迪什剧院公演
Margot’s new play was produced at the Cavendish Theatre.
这是我的养女Elaine Levinson
This is my adopted daughter, Elaine Levinson.
该剧上演了不到两周 评价褒贬不一
It ran for just under two weeks and received mixed reviews.
这个孩子能辨别时间吗
Yes, can the boy tell time?
哦我的天啊 不行 – 不行
Oh, my Lord, no. – No.
Raleigh和Dudley在11个大学里巡回演讲
Raleigh and Dudley went on a lecture tour to 11 universities
宣传他们的新书
in the promotion of their new book.
Eli自己去了北达科他州的一家戒毒所
Eli checked himself into a rehabilitation hospital in North Dakota.
嗨 这是我的赞助商 “与二马狂奔”
Oh, hey, this is my sponsor, Runs With Two Horses.
今天的风真强
Wind’s blowing up a gale today.
这是罗德拉沃的握拍方式
This is the grip that Rod Laver used.
你们知道他吗
Are you familiar with Laver?
Richie办了一个班
Richie started a program
教8到12岁的孩子竞技网球
teaching competitive tennis to eight-to-12 year olds
就在375号♥街Y
at the 375th Street Y.
本局结束 交换场地
Game. Change sides.
Royal在68岁时突发心脏病
Royal had a heart attack at the age of 68.
Chas在救护车里陪着他
Chas rode with him in the ambulance
他也是他父亲逝世的唯一见证者
and was the only witness to his father’s death.
在Royal的遗嘱里
In his will,
他要求葬礼要在黄昏举♥行♥
he stipulated that his funeral take place at dusk.
蒙蒙细雨笼罩着公墓天空渐渐暗了下来
家族里的所有人都聚在一起
在他留给子嗣为数不多的遗产当中
Among the few possessions he left to his heirs
有一套大英百科全书
was a set of Encyclopedia Britannica
存在林德伯格皇宫酒店
in storage at the Lindbergh Palace Hotel
是留给他的孙子Ari和Uzi的
under the names Ari and Uzi Tenenbaum.
葬礼上没有人讲话
No one spoke at the funeral
Petersen神父的腿也还没治好
and Father Petersen’s leg had not yet mended…
但是大家一致默认
but it was agreed among them
这才是最让Royal满意的葬礼
that Royal would have found the event to be most satisfactory.
开火
Fire!
开火
Fire!
开火
Fire!
*我们应该再走一次*
*We shall walk again*
*顺着小路*
*All along the lane*
*沿着大道*
*Down the avenue*
*就像我们旧时那样*
*Just like we used to*
*我们高昂着头*
*With our heads so high*
*对路人微笑*
*Smile at passersby*
*接着轻轻哼唱*
*And we’ll softly sigh*
*哎呀呀呀呀呀*
*Ai-yi-yi-yi-yi-yi-yi-yi*
*大家一起来一起来一起来一起来*
*Everyone, everyone, everyone, everyone*
*大家一起来一起来一起来一起来*
*Everyone, everyone, everyone, everyone*
*在蜿蜒的溪水边*
*By the winding stream*
*我们躺下开始做梦*
*We shall lay and dream*
*这些美梦一定会成真*
*And these dreams come true*
*只要我们想*
*If we want them to*
*没错 所有美梦都会实现*
*Yes, all will come*
*吹着笛子打着鼓*
*Playing pipes and drum*
*唱着一首欢快的歌♥*
*Sing a happy song*
*来吧 大家跟着一起唱*
*Yeah, we’ll sing along*
*大家一起来一起来一起来一起来*

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!