I can’t tell.
我也是
Yeah, me neither.
他给我写了封信
He wrote me a letter.
他说爱上了你
He says he’s in love with you.
你说什么
What are you talking about?
他就是这么说的
That’s what he said.
我不知道该怎么理解这句话
I don’t know how we’re supposed to take it.
等一会
Hang on.
谁啊
Hello.
亲爱的 是我伊莱
Sugar, it’s Eli.
宝贝儿 等一下
Hey, baby, give me a second.
你在干什么 伊莱
What are we doing, Eli?
我顺手捎点东西
Oh, I just got to pick something up.
对了 别和里奇提这件事
Don’t repeat that, by the way. About Richie.
他私下和我说的…
It was told to me in confidence, and, you know…
很好
Good.
现在扫开浮土
Now just remove the loose soil
然后记录腐烂程度
and note the decomposition levels.
抱歉在工作时打扰你
I’m sorry to interrupt your work.
别犯傻
Don’t be silly.
来吧
Come on.
我想为那天求婚的事
I just want to apologize for the other day
向你道歉
when I proposed to you.
为什么
Why?
我觉得很温馨啊
I thought it was very sweet.
你身边那么多完美成熟人士
I know I’m not as accomplished as some of the men
我自愧不如
you’ve been involved with.
像弗兰克林·班尼迪克 卡特莱特将军
Franklin Benedict, General Cartwright
还有你前夫
and your ex-husband.
这太可笑了
Oh, that’s ridiculous.
但是 但是 我觉得
But, but, I feel
我能和他们一样为你付出
I can offer just as much as them.
我现在是有点前后矛盾 但是…
I know I went about it backwards, but…
亨利 我对弗兰克林·班尼迪克
Henry, I have no interest in Franklin Benedict
或是道格·卡特莱特一点兴趣也没有
or Doug Cartwright-I never did
至于罗伊 他是最…
and as far as Royal’s concerned, he’s the most…
亨利
Henry?
亨利 你还好吧
Henry, are you all right?
我没事 没事
Yeah, I’m fine. I’m fine.
请你想好之后告诉我答案
Anyway, let me know when you make up your mind.
亨利 等一下
Henry, wait a second.
对不起 我太紧张了
I’m sorry, I’m very nervous.
没关系
Th-That’s okay.
谢谢
Thank you.
你为什么这么紧张
Why are you so nervous?
说实话
Well, to tell you the truth
我已经18年没和男人睡过了
I haven’t slept with a man in 18 years.
你们有一条老猎犬啊
That’s a hell of an old hound dog you got there.
它叫什么
What’s he go by?
巴克利
Buckley.
巴克利 坐下
Buckley, sit.
知道我是谁吗
You know who I am?
我叫罗伊
I’m Royal.
听说过吗
Have you heard of me?
你们失去母亲我感到很难过
I’m very sorry for your loss.
她是个很有魅力的女人
Your mother was a terribly attractive woman.
谢谢你
Thank you.
你叫什么
Which one are you?
阿里
Ari.
我是你们的爷爷
Uzi, I’m your granddad.
你好
Hello.
真遗憾 我们对彼此都不了解
I’m sorry we haven’t gotten to know each other.
因为我不怎么受欢迎
I don’t get invited around very much.
你们觉得我怎么样
What do you think of that, by the way.
你们什么都不用说
Oh, you… you don’t have to say anything.
估计是什么糟老头子之类的话吧
It’s kind of a “Fuck you” to the old man, I guess.
你们爸爸还好吗
How’s your daddy?
挺好的
Fine.
是吗
You think so?
他经常让你们来锻炼吗
How often has he got you working out?
每周16次
16 times a week.
帮我个忙
Do me a favor.
告诉他你们想见我
Tell him you want to meet me.
但我们刚见过啊
But we just met.
我们没有
No, we didn’t.
我希望我们能更亲密一点
Look, I’d like us to have a relationship
不过得用点小计策才行
but we have to pull some strings to make it happen.
你们这么对他说…
Now, here’s what you tell him. You say…
我敢打赌妈肯定希望
Well, I bet Mom would have wanted us
我们能在他过世前去见见他
to meet him before he died.
对吧
Wouldn’t she?
你不觉得吗
Don’t you think?
她是个坚强的老太婆 对吧
She was a tough old broad, wasn’t she?
我不知道
I wouldn’t know.
我离开一下 过来
Excuse me. Come on.
对了
Oh, that’s right.
还有另一个人的墓要扫呢
We’ve got another body buried here, haven’t we?
等下
Hold on.
拿点这个
Take some of these.
过来
Come on.
把那个大块头的黑人埋在这里
So what do you think of this big, old black buck
你觉得怎么样
moving in up there?

Who?
亨利·谢尔曼
Henry Sherman.
认识他吗
You know him?
认识
Yeah.
能诅咒他吗
Is he worth a damn?
我觉得行
I believe so.
你的手指为什么没了
What happened to your finger?
乌兹 嘘
Uzi, shh.
没关系 可以告诉你
It’s okay, I’ll tell you.
我是养女 你们知道吧
I’m adopted. Did you know that?
我确实是
Well, I am.
14岁时我去寻找真正的家人
When I was 14, I went to find my real family.
他们住在印第安纳州
They live in Indiana.
拿根胡桃木树干
All right, now, just set one of them hickory trunks
立这 玛姬妹妹
right up top there, sister Maggie.
你试过把它缝回去吗
Did you try to sew it back on?
不值得
Wasn’t worth it.
这该死的墓碑
Hell of a damn grave.
真希望它是我的
Wish it were mine.
很可惜 对吧
It’s a shame, isn’t it?
什么
What?
你在赛场上的黄金时代
Well, you probably had another good two or three years
也许还能再延续2到3年
of competitive play in you.
也许吧
Probably.
我在那场比赛上下了很多注 知道吗
I had a lot riding on that match, you know.
经济上和感情上都是
Financially and personally.
那天为什么会输 超人鲍姆
Why did you choke out there that day, Baumer?
甘地40-15领先
Mr. Gandhi leads 40-15.
那是第七十二次
That’s 72 unforced errors
里奇·特伦鲍姆非受迫性失误了
for Richie Tenenbaum.
这是他一生中最糟糕的比赛
He’s playing the worst tennis of his life.
他现在是怎么想的 泰克斯·海沃德
What’s he feeling right now, Tex Hayward?
我不知道 吉姆
I don’t know, Jim.
他明显是出什么事了
There’s obviously something wrong with him.
他把自己的鞋和一只袜子脱了
He’s taken off his shoes and one of his socks
而且…其实我觉得他哭了
and… actually, I think he’s crying.
我想是的
I think you’re right.
朋友席上他一直看的那人是谁 泰克斯
Who’s he looking at in the friends’ box, Tex?
是他姐姐玛戈

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!