有用吗
Is it working?
没多大用
Not really.
我有一半希伯来血统
Well, of course, I’m half Hebrew
但孩子们是3/4爱尔兰血统
but the children are three-quarters Mick Catholic.
所以他们是在教堂长大的
So they were raised in the church?
应该是
I believe so.
我不太清楚
I really don’t know.
来了
Here I come.
孩子
Boys!
怎么了
What was that?
伊莱开车撞进前院里了
Eli just crashed his car into the front of the house.
天哪
Oh, my God.
我的鞋呢
Where’s my shoe?
阿里 乌兹 你们在哪
Ari, Uzi, where are you?
他们没事 查斯
They’re okay, Chas.
没事 他们没事
It’s okay. They’re safe.
他们没事
They’re safe.
爸 巴克利被撞了
Dad, they ran over Buckley.
什么
What?
是 巴克利可能没希望了
Yeah, I think we lost Buckley.
他救了他们
He saved them.

Who?
爸 他把他们拉开了
Dad. He pulled them out of the way.
真的
You did?
撞到谁了吗
Did I hit anyone?
大家都还好吧
Is everybody okay?
伊莱
Eli!
怎么回事
What’s going on?
伊莱
Eli!
什么
What?
你好 伙计
Hey, man.
你该尝尝 特好吃
You should try this. It’s very tasty.
特伦鲍姆
Tenenbaum!
查斯
Chas?
我撞到狗了
Did I hit the dog?

Yeah.
他死了
Is he dead?

Yeah.
我需要救助
I need help.
我也是
So do I.
从另一边绕过去
Go around to the other side.
你们几个待在这 我们马上回来
You kids stay there. We’ll be right back.

Yeah.
能跟你说句话吗 亨利
Can I say something to you, Henry?

Okay.
从我有印象起
I’ve always been considered an asshole
大家一直把我当混♥蛋♥
for about as long as I can remember.
我就是这样
That’s just my style.
但如果你不会原谅我
But I’d really feel blue if I didn’t think
我会很难过的
you were going to forgive me.
我不觉得你混♥蛋♥ 罗伊
I don’t think you’re an asshole, Royal.
我就是觉得你比较王八蛋
I just think you’re kind of a son of a bitch.
谢谢啊
Well, I really appreciate that.
能让我们去下后院吗
Could you let us in your backyard, ma’am?
有几个人掉在后面了
We’ve got a couple boys back there.
可能是扭到脚踝了
I think you may have broken an ankle.
这也不是很严重啊
Well, that’s not terribly serious, is it?
有别人可以替你吗
Do you have an alternate?
没有
No.
好了吗
Ready?
没有预备牧师什么的吗
Are there priests on call?
安瓦尔 你把车开过去吧
Why don’t you bring the car around, Anwar.
我的车就失去控制了
At which point, I apparently lost control of the vehicle
然后冲进房♥子 撞死了那只可怜的狗
smashed it into the house, and killed that poor dog.
你是伊莱·凯什
You’re Eli Cash.
是的 我是
Yes indeed, I am.
我喜欢你的书
I love your work.
你这么说真好
Oh, how sweet of you to say.
我觉得他是串子
I think he’s part mutt.
狗证上面怎么写的
What kind of papers do you have for him?
中坚 坐下 坐下
Spark Plug, sit, sit.
真棒
Good boy.
戴上这个
Put this on.
有什么好笑的 达利
What’s so funny, Dudley?
挺帅的
You look great.
能看得清吗
Can you see out of it?
不太能
Not really.
角膜有点小创伤
Minor corneal damage.
如果影响到另一只眼了告诉我
Page me if it spreads to the other eye.
这个我跟谁说
Who do I make it out to?
埃里克斯吗 好的
Alex? Okay.
这些没有损坏建筑结构 爸
But these aren’t structure-bearing elements, Dad.
我不管
It doesn’t matter.
还是提一个不可抗力索赔
It’s still best to file another force majeure
挽回点损失
and recoup the deductible.
你们两个跟我上去
You boys come up here with me.
但巴克利还在下面
But Buckley’s still under there.
我知道 但现在
I know, but there’s nothing
我们也没法做什么
we can do for him at the moment.
来吧
Come on.
我给孩子们买♥♥了条狗
I got you a new dog for the boys.
刚买♥♥的
I just bought him.
真的吗
You did?
抱歉让你们失望了 查斯
Sorry I let you down, Chas.
让你们失望了
All of you.
我一直在试图补偿你们
I’ve been trying to make it up to you.
他叫什么
What’s his name?
中坚
Spark Plug.
谢谢
Thank you.
不客气
You’re welcome.
这一年我过得很辛苦 爸
I’ve had a rough year, Dad.
我知道 查斯
I know you have, Chassie.
你看他脖子上多长了些白毛
See, now he has more white feathers on his neck.
他都经历了些什么
I wonder what happened to him?
不知道
I don’t know.
有时人经历了大灾难
Sometimes if a person has a traumatic experience
头发就会变白
their hair turns white.
我相信他会没事的
Well, I’m sure he’ll get over it.
这是我最初藏东西的地方
This was one of my first hiding places.
你觉得这些东西多久了
How old do you think those are?
有10年了吧
I’d say about ten years.
过来
Come here.
罗伊在花♥园♥棚后给巴克利挖了个洞
Royal dug a hole for Buckley behind the garden shed
把他裹在帆布行李袋里葬了
and buried him in a canvas duffel bag.
好了 孩子们
All right, boys.
为他祈祷吧
Say a prayer.
慈爱的天父
Dear Heavenly Father…
我愿意
I do.
48小时后 艾瑟琳和亨利
Etheline and Henry were married
在法官的内庭里结婚了
48 hours later in judge’s chambers.
卡文迪什剧院 玛戈·特伦鲍姆 树上的莱文森家族
玛戈的新剧目在卡文迪什剧院上演
Margot’s new play was produced at the Cavendish Theatre.
这是我养女 伊莲·莱文森
This is my adopted daughter, Elaine Levinson.
只上演了不到两星期
It ran for just under two weeks
评价褒贬不一
and received mixed reviews.
他会看表吗
Yes, can the boy tell time?
天哪 不能
Oh, my Lord, no.
不能
No. No.
罗利和达利在11所大学
Raleigh and Dudley went on a lecture tour
巡回演讲
to 11 universities
推销他们的新书

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!