You’re kind of old to play with dolls, aren’t you?
你已经大了 不适合再玩布娃娃了吧?
No, not too old if they’re cute.
不老 只要它们可爱就不老
Well, good night. I’ve had a wonderful time.
好吧 晚安 我过得很愉快
Hey, it’s kind of a quick brushoff, ain’t it? What do you mean?
嗨 你把我涮掉得也太快了吧? 你什么意思?
It’s a long trip to Mineola, and I like to relax between trains.
我跑老远来到米里奥拉, 希望回去之前好好休息一下
It’s 4:00 in the morning.
现在已经是凌晨4点了
You certainly have learned all the answers.
你确实学到了所有的答案
Well, you seem to know all the questions.
你呢 你看起来也会所有的问题
Well, if you really want to stay, we could sit here on the porch for a while.
好吧 如果你真的想呆下来 我们可以在走廊上坐一会
The night air doesn’t agree with me. I take cold kind of easy.
夜里的空气可不温暖 我很容易感冒的
I’m strictly an indoor man myself.
我是个严格意义上的室内男子
Well, all right, we can go in, then. That’s a whole lot better.
好吧 那我们就进去吧 这就好多了
We got to be careful not to disturb your mother.
我们一定得小心点别打搅了你妈妈
What’s the matter?
怎么啦?
Of course, you had no way of knowing, but Mother passed away over a year ago.
这也不怪你 你没法知道的 我妈一年前就去世了
Oh, I’m sorry, kid.
噢 对不起 孩子
You live here all by yourself?
你一个人住这里吗?
Well, I have to until I can sell the house or get a break.
在我能卖♥♥掉房♥子或休假之前只好这样了
You mean get a break singing?
你是说从歌♥舞团休假?
How long you been with the show? Three weeks.
你跟他们干已经多久了? 三个礼拜
It’s closing the end of next week.
下个礼拜就结束了
Then what? Then I’ll just have to look for another job.
然后怎么办? 然后我就要另找一份工作了
Won’t you come in? Oh, no, thanks. No.
你不进来吗? 噢 不了 谢谢 不进去了
As you said, it is getting late. And I’ll call you.
你说得对 太晚了 我会给你打电♥话♥的
In another three years? No, no.
再过上三年? 不 不回的
Most likely another three hours.
很可能在过个三个小时
You want this, don’t you? Oh, yes. Thanks.
你要这个吗? 噢 当然 谢谢
I think I’m gonna like this doll.
我认为你会喜欢这个布娃娃的
I know I am.
我知道我喜欢
Good night. Good night.
晚安 晚安
Well, when did you two sneak in?
咦 你们什么时候溜进来的?
What are you doing here?
你在这里干什么?
Rachmaninoff and I are going to audition a dream, one of the better kind.
拉赫曼尼诺夫和我要面试一个未来之星 一个上等角色
Now, there’s not a thing to worry about, kid.
现在什么都不用担心 孩子
You just wait right here.
你只需在这里等一会
Hi, Panama. Hi, Henderson.
你好 巴娜玛 你好 亨德森
Okay, buster, what are you selling, and what’s her name?
好 坏小子 你要推荐什么人 叫什么名字?
I’ve got a gal here with class, which is something this joint needs.
我找到一个有品味的女孩子 正合我们客户的口味
Disregard the guy’s insinuations.
别听这家伙胡说八道
No kidding, lot of stuff on the ball. Sounds just like Nora Bayes.
不开玩笑 真得很不错 听起来就像诺拉·贝叶斯
All right, Ziegfeld, let’s see the prize package.
好吧 齐格菲, 我们看看这棵好苗子吧
Jean.
珍
This is Panama Smith.
这是巴娜玛·史密斯
And the man here with the worried look is Pete Henderson.
这边这个看起来一脸苦相的是彼得·亨德森
Jean Sherman.
珍·谢尔曼
I hope Eddie hasn’t built me up too much. So do I.
我希望艾迪没有乱夸我 我也希望是这样
All right, Jean. Come on, honey.
好了 珍 来吧 宝贝
Show them how a song should be sung.
给他们表演一下歌♥是怎么唱的
What are you gonna sing?
你要唱什么?
What key do you want it in? And how do you want it played?
你要什么调? 你希望怎么弹奏?
“Melancholy Baby” in the key of G.
“忧郁宝贝” G调
And not too fast, please. Gotcha.
请不要弹太快 好嘞
You’re among friends, now. Don’t tighten up.
大家都是朋友 不要紧张
Sit down, Eddie. Let’s get a chump’s-eye view of her.
坐下 艾迪 让我们好好观赏一下
Thanks. Nice going, kid.
谢谢 唱的不错 孩子
You really did it, baby. You really did it. Sounded like a trio.
你真的唱得不错 真的 听起来像个三重唱
Thanks for listening, Miss Smith, and you too, Mr. Henderson.
谢谢你的观赏 史密斯小姐 还有你 亨德森先生
You wait outside for me, honey.
你在外边等我 宝贝
I’ll handle this for you.
我会帮你搞定
Well, great, wasn’t she? I’ve heard worse.
怎么样 很不错吧? 不算最差了
I don’t know one note from another. You heard all the good ones that time.
我不懂乐谱 这一次你可是听到所有做好的了
Eddie, I ain’t got room for any more singers. You’re wrong. You’ll make room.
艾迪 我没法安置更多的歌♥手了 你错了 你可以腾出位子来的
When does she start?
她什么时候开始?
Well, I can only pay her 35 bucks a week.
好吧 我一周只能付她35块钱
Wrong again. You’ll pay her 100. A hundred? Say, I don’t pay myself 100.
有错了 你要付她100块钱 100块? 你可是站着说话不腰疼 我自己还付不起自己100块呢
You can’t sing. Don’t worry, Petty Larceny, I’ll make up the difference.
你不会唱歌♥ 不用担心 小事 我付差价
Only she’s not supposed to know. I don’t care, as long as I don’t pay it.
不过不能让她知道 我不管 只要别让我付那么多就行
Now you can stop crying. When do you want her to begin?
现在你不用叫穷了 你希望她什么时候开始?
Let’s say a week from tonight, Galahad.
就下周吧 好心人
Maybe you’ll be over it by then.
也许那时你就换了主意了
I doubt it.
我不这么认为
Well, I’ll see you around.
好吧 我们常聚聚
Especially next week. So long, presh.
特别是下个礼拜 再见了
She seems like a nice kid. I hope she can outtalk him.
她看起来是个好孩子 我希望她能说服他
I hope she can outrun him.
我希望她能摆脱他
Sure. Eddie imports all of his wines.
当然了 艾迪所有的酒都是进口的
I’ll send it right over.
我马上送过来
Hello.
你好
It’s on its way. Hi, big and goodlooking.
正在送过来 嗨 大个子帅哥
Hello, Eddie. This is Lloyd Hart, our legal brain.
你好 艾迪 这是洛伊德·哈特, 我们的法律顾问
If you want to sue anybody, see him.
你要是想告谁 找他
Jean Sherman. How do you do?
珍·谢尔曼 你好
Hello.
你好
Oh, Eddie, I can pick up five more cabs for you, but it’ll take straight cash.
噢 艾迪, 我可以给你再买♥♥5辆出租车 但是要现金
What do we use? Cigar-store coupons? Get them.
我们用什么? 糖店赠券吗? 拿现金去
This is where we take orders for the booze. I’ll show you where we make it.
这是我们接收酒饮订单的地方 我带你去看看我们造酒的地方
Goodbye. Goodbye.
再见 再见
This is a still.
这是个蒸馏器
Some of the alcohol we get around here is not so good, so we recook it.
我们得到的酒精有事不太好 所以我们需要重新蒸一次
Jiggers here is making Scotch.
齐格斯在这里制♥作♥苏格兰威士忌
A little alcohol, a little water, a little color, a little flavor.
一点酒精 一点水 一点颜料 一点调味料
Tonight we deliver it at six bucks a quart. Costs half a buck.
今天晚上我们卖♥♥6块一夸脱 成本半块钱
Louie here’s an artist.
路易是个艺术家
He gives it that saltwater smell. You know, right off the boat?
他给它弄上点盐水的味道 你知道的 刚下船嘛
Smell it up good, Louie. Right.
闻起来不错 路易 是啊
Hi, Danny. Hello, Eddie.
嗨, 丹尼 你好 艾迪
Hello, Mineola. Hello.
你好 米里奥拉 你好
Where’s your manners? Hello, Miss Mineola.
你怎么这样没礼貌? 你好 米里奥拉小姐
No. The dicer. The skimmer.
不是这个 是帽子 你这个粗人
Excuse me.
对不起
Hello.
你好
This is the deluxe department. The boy here is making champagne.
这是高档品部门 这个男孩在制♥作♥香槟酒
Tonight, it will be delivered at the best circles. Fifteen bucks a quart.
今天晚上 它们会被送到最好的娱乐场所 15块一夸脱
Is it real champagne? No, it’s diluted New Jersey applejack.
是真的香槟吗? 不事 这是稀释了的新泽西苹果白兰地
The chumps will think it’s vintage stuff off the boat, bottled in France.
那些傻瓜们会以为这是法国罐装的新到岸的高档酒
It’s kind of cheating, isn’t it?
这是种欺诈 是吗?
Cheating? Yes, if you get caught. But you don’t get caught if you…
欺诈? 对 如果你被逮住的话 不过你不会被逮住…
…take care of the right people. And this is big business. Very big business.
如果你打点好关系 这可是个大买♥♥卖♥♥ 很大的买♥♥卖♥♥
Hello, Eddie. How about a drink?
你好 艾迪 喝一杯?
Not during office hours.
上班时间不喝
How are you?
你好吗?
Hello, Ed. How are you? Hello, Eddie.
你好 艾迪 你怎么样? 你好 艾迪
What’s the…? Hi. When you’re told to do something…
怎么回事…? 嗨 当你被告知去做一件事情的时候…
…why don’t you do it? Instead of sitting around drinking rotgut you’re to sell.
…你为什么不去做呢? 还坐在这里喝你应该去卖♥♥的东西
I did it, Eddie. I got the joint jammed with professional applauders.
我做了 艾迪 我给酒厅找来了满座的宾客
Two bucks a head and drinks.
两块钱一个人 有酒饮
One of the guys even brought a dishpan to pound on.
有个家伙甚至带了一个菜盘子来敲打
Throw him out. We need to keep this thing smart.
把它扔出去 我们这儿可不能出乱子
Tell these monkeys if they sit on their hands, I’ll chop them off.
告诉这些傻瓜 如果他们胡作非为的话 我不会给他们好果子吃的
You hear? Now, go on, get moving.
你听到了吗? 快去做事
For the last time, I’m telling you, ginger ale is cheaper than liquor.
我最后一次告诉你 姜啤可比酒精便宜
Mix them accordingly.
把它们按比例混合好
Is this kid a draw or isn’t she? You haven’t had such a crowd since you opened.
这孩子很能吸引顾客吧? 你开业以来 还没有过这么多客人呢
Why shouldn’t it be full? Most of them are here on rain checks.
为什么不会人满为患? 他们大多数是冲着减价招待来的
Getting paid, ain’t you?
付了你薪水 对吧?
I don’t expect to get a sucker like you every night.
我不希望每天晚上看到你这样一个混♥蛋♥
Don’t you ever say that to me again, do you hear? Never.
不要再这样对我说话 听到吗? 没有下一次
You having a good time? Swell.
你过得好吗? 太好了
Shouldn’t have told me that, chump. That’ll be 10 bucks extra on your check.
你不应该告诉我的 傻瓜 你账单上要多收十块钱了
She’s just kidding.
她是开玩笑的