Wood alcohol is recooked, and the product of this loose and ineffective process…
甲醇被重新蒸一次, 而经过这种松散而低效的处理之后的产品
… is put on the market in a constantly swelling flood.
直接进入不断夸大的市场需求中去
Hi, Danny. Hi, Danny boy.
嗨 丹尼 嗨 丹尼
Hi, Lloyd.
嗨 洛伊德
Holy smoke, Eddie, another one?
哇赛 艾迪 又一辆?
Yeah, sure. We’ll get more as fast as Lloyd can pick them up.
那当然了 我们会买♥♥入更多的车子 只要洛伊德处理得过来
Soon we’ll have so many cabs, we’ll have to pick up passengers again.
很快我们就会有太多的出租车 然后就得 寻找更多的客源了
That might not be a bad idea.
主意不错
Which one is Bartlett? Me. Why?
谁是巴利特? 我是 什么事?
Hally told us to come here and see you.
哈里让我们到这里来找你
Oh, yeah. When did you get out?
啊对了 你们什么时候出来的?
Yesterday.
昨天
What were you up for? Stickup.
你们怎么进去的 抢劫
You drive? Why not?
你开车吗? 当然会?
What about you? I worked in a bank.
你呢? 我曾经给银行干过
Oh, I see.
哦 我知道了
Took a few samples, huh?
拿了一些样品 是吧?
Sort of.
差不多
Can use you in the office.
你可以在办公室帮忙
What was your rap? They didn’t have a thing on me.
你又是怎么回事? 他们莫须有
I was framed.
我是被陷害的
Sorry. Can’t use you.
对不起 没事给你做
Say, now… Beat it.
比如说 现在… 算了吧
Look, I don’t care what you did before, or if you’ve got a record a mile long.
听着 我不管你们以前干过什么 即使你们的不良记录有一里路长,
But remember this. When you’re working for me, you keep your nose clean.
记住这个:跟我♥干♥的时候 别惹是生非
You hear? Sure.
你们听清楚了吗? 听清楚了
All right. This is Danny Green.
那就好 这是丹尼·格林
Danny, show them the layout. Glad to meet you, fellas.
丹尼 领他们参观一下厂子 很高兴见到你们 伙计们
Some of my best friends are in jail. All right, Danny. All right.
我的一些好朋友在牢子里 好的 丹尼 好的
Lloyd, let’s go in the office.
洛伊德 我们到办公室去
Do you have a prejudice against hiring honest citizens?
你是不是歧视诚实公民 不雇佣他们?
In this booze business, you can’t hire any geraniums.
在这个烈酒生意里 你绝对不能雇那些老实人
A couple of years in the stir seems to ripen them for the job. Come on.
几年的摸爬滚打可能会磨练好他们 走吧
I tell you, he’s on his way over there right now.
我告诉你 他现在正在走过来
Hello. Two cases, yeah.
喂 两箱 对
Send it right up. How you doing?
直接送过来 你好吗?
They lap it up faster than we can deliver. That means you gotta deliver it faster.
他们喝得比我们送得还快 这表示你必须加快你的送货速度
Here you are, big and good-looking. Buy yourself a new set of law books.
给你 大个子帅哥 给自己买♥♥套新的法律书
Wait a minute, Eddie. This is too much for what I did.
等等 艾迪 这报酬给得太多了
Buying a couple of taxicabs doesn’t rate this.
买♥♥几辆出租车不该花这么多钱的
You saved me dough. Take it. It’s a beginner. Hang on to my shirttails…
你给我省了钱 收下吧 这只是开始 跟我好好干…
…you’ll be using that for wallpaper. – Listen, Eddie…
…你就会钱多的要用钱来当墙纸了 – 听我说 艾迪…
…you should use those cabs as cabs. You’re on the wrong track.
…你要把那些出租车当出租车用 你这样做不大对
This dough says I’m not.
这些钱说我做得对
While the gravy’s flowing, I’m gonna be there with my kisser under the faucet.
只要这种钱还有的赚 我就会当仁不让
This isn’t my kind of law.
这不是我喜欢的那种法律事务
I started out to be a corporation lawyer.
我开始做的是公♥司♥法律顾问
This is a corporation. It’s making money. Yeah.
这是个公♥司♥ 它也在赚钱 也是
Eddie, for you.
艾迪 你的电♥话♥
Yeah? Yeah?
是我 什么事?
Oh, no. No, no. Sorry. No, can’t use it.
哦 不 不 不 抱歉了 不 没法用
Don’t be a sap. You want to chase ambulances for the next 10 years?
别犯傻了 你难道想要以后十年 都追着救护车找钱赚吗?
Take what you can get while you can get it. Nobody’s gonna drop it in your lap.
在你还能赚的时候别客气 别人可不会送钱给你
Chuck, here’s a grand from Moore.
查克 摩尔那收来的一千块
How’d you make out? Okay.
钱收得怎么样? 还行
Did you get that dough from Masters? Can’t collect from a guy you can’t catch.
从”大♥师♥团”那收到了钱吗? 连人都找不着 怎么收?
Anybody who can put on a $ 100,000 musical comedy can afford to pay me.
谁要是能在音乐剧上化上10万块 他也付得起我的钱
I’ll get it.
我亲自去收
I’ll see you later.
我们以后再谈
Don’t think everything’s all wrong because you’re not starving to death, you hear?
别因为你还没到饿死的地步就以为 什么都是不对的 听到吗?
Yeah? Sure. Sure, it’s good stuff.
喂? 当然 当然, 质量好着呢
We just got it off the boat. This is bonded stuff, 12 years old.
我们刚从船上运下来 这可是密封了的 有12年的历史呢
Masters here? Who wants to see him?
“大♥师♥团”就这里吗? 谁要找老板?
Me. Just a minute. You can’t go in there.
我 等一等 你不能进去
Take it easy. Take it easy. It’s a hot night. Here. Buy yourself a couple of suds.
悠着点 悠着点 今天天气热 拿着 买♥♥两瓶苏打水
Hello, Masters. Hello.
你好 大老板 你好
You’ve seen this before. How about paying attention to me?
这个你已经看过了 何不听我说几句?
Eddie, I don’t need any liquor right now. I got plenty.
艾迪 我现在不想买♥♥酒 我已经有了足够的酒了
I know, you haven’t paid for it. Seven hundred bucks.
我知道 你还没付钱呢 700块
I’m not taking any runaround.
我可不会接受任何借口
You know I’m always good for it. I’ll send you a check tomorrow.
你知道我从不赖帐的 明天我给写张支票
Oh, no. I’ll take the cash right now.
哦 不行 我现在就要钱 现金
Well, wait till this number’s over.
好吧 等这一场结束
That’s a pretty cute bundle you got on the end of the line there.
那边有个很漂亮的妞嘛
Maybe I could wrap it up for you.
也许我可以给你牵牵线
I think I can wrap that up myself.
我觉得我自己也可以
Hi, Mineola.
嗨, 米里奥拉
Remember me? Bartlett, your dream soldier?
记得我吗? 我是巴利特 你的梦幻战士
Oh, yes, I remember.
哦 对了 我记起来了
You haven’t changed. You have.
你没怎么变 你变了很多
Three years make a big difference.
女大十八变啊
My character has changed, hasn’t it? It’s filled out.
我的个性有了变化 对吧? 更成熟了
I have to change.
我要换衣服
Will I see you after the show?
我可以在表演之后见见你吗?
I have an engagement. How about tomorrow night?
我有事 明天晚上怎么样?
I’m busy. Then Thursday or Friday.
我忙 那就星期四或星期五
I’m busy then too. Busy all week?
那个时候我仍然忙 这个礼拜都忙?
Yes. Do you mind if I drive by and blow my horn?
对 你介意我开车路过鸣个笛吗?
You do that, I won’t hear it. Good night, Mr. Bartlett.
你随便吧 反正我听不到 晚安 巴利特先生
Masters, I’ll be back tomorrow night to pick up that check.
大老板 我明天晚上来去支票
I’ll bet you thought I’d never show up.
我敢肯定你一定以为我不会再露面了
I’m sorry. My date’ll meet me on the corner.
对不起 我的约会在街角等我
I’ll walk down there with you. Lot of fresh guys out. Something might happen to you.
我陪你走过去 街上也男人多 弄不好会出事的
Oh, really, I’m catching a 12:00 train to Mineola.
哦 真的吗, 我要坐12点的火车回米里奥拉
I know you’re big now, but don’t forget, I knew you when you danced for the Elks.
我知道你是个大明星了 不过别忘了 我可是在你给”麋鹿”跳舞的时候就认识你了
I’m a pretty nice guy. Just let me prove it.
我是个很好的男人 给我个机会证明一下
In fact… I might even help you with your algebra.
实际上…我有可能可以帮你学代数
That’s what I wanna see.
这就是我想试试看的地方
Look, I still have to catch that 12:00 train because the next one isn’t until 3:30.
听我说 我仍然需要赶12点的火车 因为下一趟得等到3点半
Mind if I walk down to the station, sort of wave goodbye?
我可以陪你去车站 就算是一个告别吗?
I can do that, can’t I?
我可以吗?
Sing that again. I’m a sucker for that. Go ahead.
再唱一次 我很喜欢听这个 唱吧
I’m liable to wake him up. Who, him?
吵醒了他 这都得怪我 谁 他?
If he’s been drinking the kind of booze I make, it’ll take more than a song.
他要是喝的是我制♥造♥的酒 一首歌♥可吵不醒他
Come on, sing it again.
来 再唱一次吧
Not now, it’s too sad. And I feel too good.
现在不合适 太悲伤了 而我现在很快乐
Did you enjoy yourself? Oh, I’ve never had a better time.
你觉得快乐吗? 噢 我从来没有这样快乐过
You know, tonight was the first time I’ve ever been in a speakeasy.
你知道吗 今天是我第一次上地下酒吧
What’re you doing, singing in baby shoes?
你在做什么 穿着儿童鞋唱歌♥?
What?
什么?
No, no. Never mind. I was just talking to myself.
没什么 算我没说 我只是在自言自语
A habit I picked up in France during the war.
我在法国打仗时养成的习惯
I suppose you like to spend your spare time baking a cake…
我猜 你闲下来的时候喜欢烤个蛋糕…
…or fooling around in the garden or sewing a dress.
…整理花♥园♥ 或者缝缝衣服什么的
Did you make that hat? It’s very pretty. Very pretty.
你自己做的吗? 非常漂亮 非常漂亮
I wish I did have time to do all those things. But I don’t.
我希望我确实有时间做这些事情 不过很遗憾
I spend my spare time studying.
我用业余时间来学习
Someday I’ll be a musicalcomedy star. Oh, I see. I see.
总有一天我会成为一个音乐喜剧明星 噢 我明白了 明白了
And you’re dancing in the chorus to get money for lessons.
你在合唱团跳舞赚钱好上学
You’d rather not, but a girl has to live somehow, doesn’t she?
最好不用这样做 不过一个女孩子总得想个法子谋生 是吧?
You sound as if you don’t believe me.
听起来你好像不相信我
I do, I certainly do. Why wouldn’t I?
我相信 当然相信 我♥干♥吗不信?
Mineola. Mineola.
米里奥拉 米里奥拉
I’m so tired I can hardly get up.
我太累了 几乎站不起来了
I suppose you’re very sleepy and wanna go right to bed…
我猜你非常困了 很想立即上♥床♥休息…
…because you’ve got a lesson in the morning.
…因为你明天早上还有课要上
That’s right, I do. I see.
是这样 我确实有课 我明白了
Well, here we are.
好 我们到了
Yeah.
太好了
Here we are.
我们到了

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!