That’s a lot of cabs, chief. Over 6000.
那是很多出租车啊 老大 超过6000辆
I’ll tell you what. I’ll give you 250 grand for the whole company.
让我来告诉你 我给你25万买♥♥你全部的出租车
Are you nuts? Those guys from Chicago offered me two million three months ago.
你疯了? 那些芝加哥来的家伙三个月前还报价200万呢
Okay, then. Sell it to them.
好啊 那你就卖♥♥给他们吧
But I can’t get to them. I need the money now.
但是我联♥系♥他们不上 我现在就需要钱
You heard my offer: 250 grand. Take it or leave it.
我已经报了价了 25万 不接受就请吧
I’ll take it.
我接受了
Okay, it’s a deal.
好 成交
I’ll tell you what I’m gonna do for you, Eddie.
我来告诉你我要为你做点什么 艾迪
I ain’t gonna take all your cabs away.
我不会拿走你所有的出租车的
What’s the hitch?
卖♥♥什么关子?
I’m gonna leave you one, just one…
我会给你留一辆的 只留一辆…
…because you’re going to need it, pal.
…因为你会用得上的 老朋友
First to feel the effects of the economic disaster which sweeps the country…
在这场横扫全国的灾难中首当其冲的
… are the nightclubs, the speakeasies, and the bootleggers who serve them.
是夜♥总♥会♥, 地下酒吧 和为他们服务的走私者
With the falling off of profits in the illegal liquor industry…
随着这个非法造酒工业的利润迅速跌落
… the mobsters have difficulty in paying protection.
黑帮们也付不起保护费了
And the number of raids, arrests and convictions double and quadruple.
突击 逮捕和判罪量迅速攀升
Then in the depth of the economic despair that has gripped the country…
在这场深深打击了这个国家的经济绝望之中
… Franklin Delano Roosevelt is elected president…
富兰克林·德拉诺·罗斯福当选总统
… partially on the basis of his promise to end Prohibition.
这部分归功于他对终止禁酒令的承诺
In New York City, thousands of jubilant citizens march in a great beer parade…
在纽约市 成千上万狂欢的市民们 举♥行♥了一个盛大的啤酒游♥行♥
… and shortly, 3.2 beer becomes legal.
很快 3.2 浓色啤酒合法了
Finally comes the national referendum on repeal.
最后来了个全国公民投票
Tired of years of violence, corruption, and loss of personal liberty…
厌倦了多年的暴♥力♥ 腐♥败♥和个人自♥由♥的损失
… Americans go to the polls and overwhelmingly rout the dry forces.
美国人蜂拥而出去投票 大败保守势力
After 13 years, Prohibition is dead…
13年后 禁酒令终于被废除了
… leaving in its wake a criminal element used to wealth and power…
留下了那些享惯财富与权势的犯罪分子
… but unable, for the most part, to cope with the new determination…
在新的决议面前无所适从
… by an aroused public that law and order should once more reign.
在清醒过来的大众面前 法律与秩序 再次占据了统治地位
Taxi. Hey, taxi.
出租车 嗨 出租车
Where to, lady? 331 Quigley Place, Forest Hills.
去哪里 夫人? 奎格利331号♥ 佛雷斯特·西尔区
331 Quigley Place, Forest Hills.
奎格利331号♥ 佛雷斯特·西尔区
Eddie.
艾迪
Yeah, I heard. 331 Quigley Place, Forest Hills.
我听见了 奎格利331号♥ 佛雷斯特·西尔区
Eddie, it’s me, Jean.
艾迪 是我 珍
How are you? Fine.
你好吗? 好
How have you been getting along?
你过得好吗?
I eat.
我还吃得下
How’s Panama? All right.
巴娜玛怎么样? 还行
Where is she now?
她现在在哪里?
She’s around.
就在附近
Lloyd’s been doing pretty well.
洛伊德干得不错
He’s with the district attorney’s office.
他在地方检察官办公室工作
So I’ve been reading in the papers. He should do all right in that job.
我在报纸上看到了 他干那个工作应该没问题的
I don’t suppose you knew, but we have a baby now.
我猜你可能还不知道 我们有了一个孩子
A boy. He’s over 4.
一个男孩 已经4岁了
We’d better hide this sleigh someplace or the kid’s gonna want to go for a ride.
我们得把雪橇藏起来 以免他拿出玩
Just put it behind the sofa. Over here?
就放在沙发后面 这里?
Let me take your coat. No, thanks. I can stay only a minute.
我给你拿大衣吧 不了 谢谢 我只能呆一会
How about some coffee? No, I don’t care for anything, honestly.
喝点咖啡? 不了 坦白说 我不想要任何东西
Hello, Mommy! Hello, darling.
你好 妈妈! 你好 亲爱的
You been a good boy today? I just killed three Indians.
你今天是个好孩子吗? 我刚杀了三个印第安人
Stick them up, mister.
举取手来 先生
You got me, pal. You got me.
你赢了 伙计 你赢了
Bobby, this is Mr. Bartlett, a friend of mine and your dad’s.
波比 这是巴利特先生 我和你♥爸♥爸的一个朋友
Hello. Can you shoot a gun?
你好 你会开枪吗?
Yeah, I can, but I haven’t done it lately.
会呀 不过我最近没开过枪
Come over someday, and shoot Indians with me.
以后过来玩吧 跟我一起打印第安人
It’s a date.
好的
It’s Daddy!
爸爸回来了!
Hello, Daddy! Hello there, Buffalo Bill.
你好 爸爸! 你好拿 公牛比尔
How’s my cowboy today?
我的牛仔今天怎么样啊?
Fine. How about the funny papers? Oh, sure.
很好 有漫画报吗? 噢 当然了
Here they are. Thank you.
给你 谢谢
Why, Eddie.
是你 艾迪
Well, this is a surprise.
这可是个惊喜
It’s nice to see you. Hi.
很高兴见到你 你好
Hello, dear. Hello.
你好 亲爱的 你好
Well, you’re looking great.
你看起来很不错
Thanks. I drove Jean out from town, with her Christmas shopping.
谢谢 我开车载珍从城里回来 她在做圣诞购物
Well, good. It was good to see you. I guess I’ll be going.
好啊 很高兴见到你 我要走了
Won’t you stay for dinner? No, I can’t. I’ve got a date.
你不留下来吃晚饭吗? 不了 没有办法 我还有事
Oh, come on, Eddie. It’ll be fun. We could talk over old times.
噢 留下来吧 艾迪 会好玩的 我们可以谈谈旧日时光
No, l… Really, I got to get back to town.
不了 我真的要赶回城里去
Oh, that’s too bad. Some other time, maybe.
噢 太不凑巧了 那就下一次把
Yeah. We’ll do it some other time. Oh, Eddie…
好 我们下一次在聚吧 噢 艾迪…
If there’s anything I can do…
我要时刻以为你做点什么…
Oh, there’s… I’m not looking for any favors from nobody.
噢 有… 我不需要任何人帮忙
I just ran into a streak of bad luck, that’s all. I’ll be up there on top again.
我只是走了点坏运头 仅此而已 我会再次发起来的
I just got to figure a new angle. Eddie, the days of the rackets are over.
我只是需要找到新的机会 艾迪 那种职业已经过时了
Don’t you kid yourself about that.
别蒙自己了
There will always be guys trying to get up there quick, and I’m one of them.
总会有人想要很快爬上去的 我就是其中的一个
I know you take your job very seriously, and I’ll give you some good advice.
我知道你做事很认真 我要给你一些建议
The papers say the district attorney’s office is building up…
报纸说地方检察官办公室…
…a case against our friend George. – It’s already built up.
在立案侦查我们的朋友乔治 – 已经立案了
Remember what George said would happen if you talked?
还记得乔治说过如果你开口的话会发生什么吗?
I remember.
我记得
So does he.
他也记着呢
Eddie, if I don’t see you again, merry Christmas.
艾迪 如果我不再见到你的话 圣诞快乐
Thanks. Same here, Eddie.
谢谢 艾迪 我也祝福你
Merry Christmas to you.
你也圣诞快乐
Oh, Eddie, I didn’t pay you. Lloyd, I owe him $3.20.
噢 艾迪 我没付你钱 洛伊德 我欠他3块2毛钱
Never mind. Buy a Christmas present for the kid.
不用了 给孩子买♥♥个圣诞礼物吧
Hey, what time do these lawyers go to work, anyhow?
嗨 这些律师什么时候去上班呀?
That’s him now, ain’t it? Yeah.
那是他了 是吧? 对
Yeah.
是了
Bring me back something. All right, Bobby.
给我带点东西回来 好的 波比
Come on, honey. In you go.
来吧 宝贝 进去吧
What do you want? We got a message for you from George.
你想干什么? 我们替乔治传达一句话
He says your boyfriend should bury what the D.A.’s got on him…
他说你的男朋友应该把地方检察官要 起诉他的事情好好处理一下…
…because if your boyfriend don’t bury it, he’ll get buried instead.
因为要是你的男朋友不处理的话 他自己 就会被处理了
That’s all.
就这样
Pardon me. Do you know a taxi driver named Eddie Bartlett?
打扰一下 你知道一个叫巴利特的出租车司机吗?
He picked me up here about a week ago. I don’t.
他大约一周前在这里载过我 我不认识
Why don’t you ask one of those drivers? Well, thanks.
你为什么不问一问那些司机呢? 好 谢谢
Do either of you know Eddie Bartlett? I know him.
你们有人认识艾迪·巴利特? 我认识他
Where can I find him? I haven’t seen him in a week.
我可以在那里找到他? 我已经一个礼拜没有找到他了
Last time I saw him, he shouldn’t have been driving his cab. He was oiled to the gills.
上一次我看到他的时候 他就不应该 开车了 他浑身上下全是油
Ask the boys at the Royal Hotel. They might have seen him.
闻闻皇家饭店的小伙子们吧 他们可能见过他
Thanks.
谢谢
I saw him a couple of days ago, and is he on that bottle.
我两天前见过他 他和的酩汀大醉
If you want to find him, look in the saloons.
你要是想找他的话 在沙龙里找找吧
Don’t you know where he lives? Yeah. In the saloons.
你不知道他住在那里吗? 知道 在沙龙里
Well, which one? Search me, lady.
那 哪一个? 我也不知道 夫人
You might ask some of the boys over at Grand Central.
你可以问问中♥央♥车站的小伙子们
Thanks.
谢谢
Maybe he’s at that dive where that off-key canary sings.
也许他在那个过气金丝雀唱歌♥的地方
Yeah, that’s right. Flannigan’s joint on Third Avenue.
对 第三大道的弗兰尼甘酒吧
Flannigan’s joint? Come on, I’ll take you.
弗兰尼甘酒吧? 走吧 我载你去
Thanks.
谢谢
All right, professor, fold it up.
好吧 教授 打起精神来
Of all the dog-and-pony joints I’ve worked in, this tops them all.
在我工作过的所有低档酒吧里 这个算是最好的了
Never mind, honey. I like you.
别放在心上 宝贝 我喜欢你
Well, happy New Year.
好吧 新年快乐
It’s a wet one, anyway.
不管怎样 这是个郁闷的新年
They sure had a swell kid.
他们确实又个很可爱的孩子
Yeah, you told me.
是啊 你已经说过了
And Jean…
还有珍…
Jean looks… Yeah, you told me about that too.
珍看起来… 是 这个你也已经告诉我了