I’m only the office boy.
我只是个办公室打杂的
All right, little man.
好吧 小男人
Polish up the cuspidors. When you get through with your work, go home early.
把痰盂擦干净 做完事之后早点回家
He’ll be home early, feet first.
他会很早回家的 不过是脚先进来
Hello. Hello. Get me Orchard-8591.
喂 喂 请接果树园8591号♥
You know, I hate to do this to Eddie. Him and me have been such good pals.
你知道吗 我不是很愿意这样对付艾迪 他跟我一直合作的这么好
Hello, Nick Brown? Yeah. Yeah, this is Brown.
喂 尼克·布朗? 对 对 我是布朗
Who is this? It’s your Aunt Sadie from Jersey City.
你是谁? 我是你在泽西城的姑姑萨蒂
Listen, Eddie Bartlett’s on his way over to pay you a call.
听着 艾迪·巴利特正往你那边赶过去
Yeah. Okay.
是吗 好啊
I always say when you got a job to do, get somebody else to do it.
我总是告诉你们 当你有事要做的时候 让别人来为你做
Dinner’s over. Get out.
晚饭吃完了 出去
Just a minute. I said, get out.
等一会 我说过了 出去
The check is on me. I hope you enjoyed it.
我给你付钱 希望你吃得愉快
Come on. We’re closing up the place.
快点 我们要打烊
But we haven’t eaten yet. We’ve run out of food. Get out of here.
不过我们还没有吃啊 我们没有吃的了 出去吧
Go on. Beat it. Scram, sisters, spaghetti ain’t good for you.
出去 姐♥妹♥们♥ 通心粉不好吃
Puts fat on the wrong places. Get rid of these people.
会在错误的地方长肥肉的 把这些人弄出去
What’s wrong? You try to ruin my business?
什么事? 你要毁掉我的生意吗?
That ain’t all that’s gonna be ruined.
也不是所有的生意都会被毁掉
Hey, wait a minute. You stay.
嗨 等一等 你们留下来
It’s all right. We’ve finished. No. You’re wrong. You’re hungry.
没事的 我们吃完了 不 你错了 你还饿
Bring these people another order of spaghetti.
给这些人再来份通心粉
But I’ve eaten all the spaghetti that I can take.
但是我已经吃饱了呀
You’ll eat more spaghetti and like it. Now, shut up and sit down.
你会吃下更多的通心粉而且喜欢上它的 给我闭嘴坐下
Luigi, keep that electric piano going.
路易齐 继续弹奏那个电钢琴
Boys, Bartlett’s on his way over.
伙计们 巴利特正在赶过来
Now, you know what to do.
现在你们知道该做什么了吧
Charlie, in the kitchen.
查里 守在厨房♥
Manny, under the counter. Rocco, the phone booth, but keep low.
曼尼 柜台下面 洛克 电♥话♥亭 伏低点
Joey, you take the cloakroom.
乔伊 守住衣帽间
That’s it. You stand around with that towel as if nothing was going on.
好了 你拿着毛巾若无其事地站在这里
Now, eat as if you enjoyed it.
现在 津津有味地吃你们的东西
When Bartlett arrives, give him the courtesy of the place.
等巴利特来了 对他客气点
Show him that old Southern hospitality.
给他看看南方人的热情传统
Where’s Brown? Brown?
布朗在哪? 布朗?
Oh, yes. He go out one hour ago, but he’s coming back.
噢 他呀 他一个小时前出去了 不过他在赶回来
We can wait.
我们可以等一等
Take it easy, boys. Make yourselves comfortable.
别紧张 伙计们 大伙随便点
What are you sweating about?
你出什么汗?
Nothing.
没什么
It’s hot here.
这里太热了
What’s the matter, Mama? We want to get out of here.
什么问题 大妈? 我们想出去
We want to get out of here!
我们想出去!
We have a special news bulletin.
特别报道
Gang violence flared up again in New York tonight…
今天晚上纽约又发生了一起黑帮火并
… when three men died in a spaghetti restaurant on the East Side.
三个男子死在东区的一个通心粉饭店里
All were the victims of a gang battle which transpired…
他们全部都是一个黑帮火并的牺牲品
… when one mob was trapped in the restaurant by another faction.
一个黑帮在饭店里伏击另一个黑帮
Among those who met their deaths are Nick Brown, powerful East Side gang leader…
死者包括尼克·布朗 东区黑帮的大头目…
… also Rocco, Brown’s lieutenant, and Manny Eckert.
还有洛克 布朗的副手 以及曼尼·艾科尔特
We return you now to the marine room of the Edgecomb Hotel…
我们现在回到艾齐克姆饭店的水族馆…
… for music by Don McNeil and his orchestra.
欣赏唐·麦克尼尔和他的乐团的音乐
That’s right, George, you didn’t get me. Take your hand off that heater, Lefty.
对了 乔治 你没有害到我 别摸枪 左撇子
The only thing saving your neck is I can’t prove you dealt me a second.
饶你今天不死是因为我找不到你害我的证据
If I ever find out, I got one in here with your name on it.
我要是找到了 我会亲手把你做了
Remember that.
记住
Well, good night, folks, and come again.
好吧 晚安 朋友们 记得再来
Don’t forget, next Friday night we’re gonna give away a Shetland pony.
别忘了 下周五晚上我们要赠送一只谢德兰马驹
Good night, folks.
晚安 朋友们
I paid off for Danny. Yeah, I know. I heard it on the radio.
我给丹尼报了仇 是啊 我知道了 刚刚听了新闻
Sit down.
坐吧
You know, I think I’ll take Jean home.
我要带珍回家
Jean’s gone.
珍走了
She said she’d wait here for me.
她说过她会在这里等我的
Eddie, I’ll tell you something you won’t like.
爱低 我得告诉你一些你不爱听的事
Jean’s quit the club. Gave her notice.
珍退出了夜♥总♥会♥ 留了个条
Quit? What for?
退出? 为什么?
Do I have to draw you a diagram?
要我给你画个图吗?
Now, look, if you’re trying to say something, get it off your chest and say it.
好吧 你要想说什么 尽管都说出来吧
Jean’s in love.
珍恋爱了
Now you’re being full of news. Sure she is. With me.
你现在才知道 她当然在恋爱 跟我
Eddie, this is gonna be kind of hard to take…
爱低 这可能很难接受…
…and I don’t want you to get mad.
我不想你气得发狂
Jean was never in love with you.
珍从来没有爱过你
She went hook, line and sinker for that Lloyd guy the minute she saw him.
她从头到尾都只爱那个洛伊德 他们一见面就开始了
And she’s been seeing him every time your back was turned.
而且每一次你看不到的时候 她都跟他在约会
I tried to give you the steer, but I guess I didn’t get it over.
我是过给你一些暗示 我想我没有传达清楚
Everybody knew it but you.
除了你谁都知道了
Look, Eddie, as far as Jean is concerned, you’ve been…
听我说 埃迪 就珍而言 你已经…
Shut up!
闭嘴!
Okay.
好吧
Lloyd, did you hear about Danny? Yes, I did.
洛伊德 你听说了丹尼吗? 我听说了
All the more reason you should leave that club.
你更有理由离开那个夜♥总♥会♥
I quit. Did you see Eddie?
我退出了 你见过艾迪了吗?
He didn’t show up.
他没有露面
We’ll go back and wait for him.
我们回去等他
Cab, Mr. Bartlett? Yeah, please.
坐车吗 巴利特先生? 对 谢谢
Never mind.
不了
I’ll walk.
我走路
Beat it.
走开
Beat it.
走开
Eddie, listen to me… What are you trying to prove?
艾迪 听我说… 你要证明什么?
Nothing, kid.
没什么 孩子
Nothing.
没什么
I’m sorry.
对不起
Sorry.
对不起
Does Eddie know that Jean walked out?
艾迪知道珍退出了吗?
I don’t think so. Suppose you tell him.
我觉得不知道 应该你告诉他的
Here he is. Hey, look…
他来了 嗨…
…how’s that booze I’ve been peddling? Any good?
…我做的酒怎么样? 有什么好处吗?
Better than most. All right, let’s sample a bottle.
比大多数的好 好啊 我们喝一瓶试试看
No, make it two. One for you and one for me.
不 要两瓶吧 我一瓶你一瓶
Who can tell? I might like it.
谁知道呢?, 说不定我会喜欢呢
Hey. Come here.
嗨 过来
1929. As the dizzy decade nears its end…
1929年 这个混乱的年代已近尾声…
… the country is stock-market crazy.
整个国家狂炒股票
The great and the humble, the rich man and the working man…
从大人物到小老百姓 从大富翁到小工人…
… the housewife and the shopgirl all take their daily flier in the market…
从家庭主妇到商店女侍 人人都投机于股市之中
… and no one seems to lose.
看起来人人都在赚钱
Then, like a bombshell, comes that never-to-be-forgotten…
然后 就像一片弹壳来无踪影
… Black Tuesday, October 29th.
10月29号♥ 这个令人刻骨铭心的黑色星期二来了
Confusion spreads through the canyons of New York City’s financial district.
混乱迅速遍布纽约金融的方方面面
And men stare wild-eyed at the spectacle of complete ruin.
人们都被这个完完全全的大崩溃震惊了
More than 16.5 million shares change hands in a single day of frenzied selling.
在疯狂抛售的一天里就有超过一千六百五十万份股票易手
The paper fortunes built up over the past few years…
在过去短短几年中疯涨起来的财富
… crumble into nothing before this disaster…
在这场灾难面前化为乌有
… which is to touch every man, woman and child in America.
美国每个男人 女人和孩子都深受其害
Hey, boys!
嗨 伙计们!
Now what do you want? I need 200,000 to cover your account.
你又要什么? 我需要20万来维持你的账号♥
I gave you 200 grand. I need it again. I’ll give you an hour.
我给了你20万 我又需要了 我给你一个小时
Lf you don’t have it, I’ll have to sell you out. All right, I’ll get it.
如果你弄不到的话 我就得把你平仓 好吧 我弄去
There you are. That’s five more.
又进了 又五块钱
You must be sneaking lessons on the side.
你一定在偷偷地学
What, are you still around? George, I’ve got no time to waste.
怎么 你还在这里? 乔治 我没有时间了
I need 200 grand.
我需要20万
Yeah? What am I supposed to do about it?
是吗? 我能为你做点什么?
Will you put away that thing?
你能不能把那个东西放下?
Look, I’ll sell you 40 percent of my cab company for 200,000.
听着 我可以作价20万卖♥♥给你 我的出租车公♥司♥的百分之四十
I don’t want 40 percent of anything.
我不要百分之四十

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!