他进入了离子层 通讯中断
He’s in the ionization blackout.
你知道俄♥国♥人想要什么吗
You know what the Russians want?
是太空人格伦的妻子安妮
…wife of astronaut John Glenn…
格斯 就是这样而已吗
Gus, I mean are these the goodies?
以及美国人♥民♥的勇气
…and the United States of America.
可能很危险
That’s dangerous. To introduce liquid…
他在上面等了好几个小时
The man’s been up there for hours.
我想你也是这么说
Well, that’s what I thought you said.
能装一个窗户
…in future capsules a window… here.
我们无法像飞行员一样飞行
…that we can’t fly as pilots…
窗户放在哪里
Uh, where are you putting the window?
只要运用自己的判断力
As long as a man uses good sense…
接受长时间的训练
…devoting long hours of training…
我是说那些年轻女郎
I’m talking about the young girls…
-你的中间名字呢 -伊万
-What’s your middle name? -Ivan.
但我们并没说什么新鲜的
But we’re not saying anything new.
我觉得在这个世界上
I believe you are placed on earth…
对 而且很稳定
Yeah. A real stable relationship too.
放我出去 求你 放我出去
Let me out, please. Let me out.
噢 你在这儿 这边走
Oh, there you are. Come this way.
非常危险
…undertaking. It’s extremely hazardous.
总要有笨蛋降落
And some pecken/vood’s got to land it.
那不是他们的总设计师吗
Isn’t that their chief designer?
我的头撞到了舱盖
Think I bust the canopy with my head.
我下坠到2万5千尺高度
I’m down to 25,000 over Tehachapi.
你打破纪录了 兄弟
Hey, Chuck, you got her now, buddy.
他飞得非常快 对不对
He scorched that one, didn’t he?
谁是最厉害的飞行员
Who’s the best pilot you ever saw?
站上速度的最高蜂
…and get to the top of the pyramid.
我们要你来飞所有的飞机
We want you to fly all our planes!
太阳从窗户升起
The sun is coming through the window.
我见过的最棒飞行员
Who is the best pilot I ever saw?
我见过最棒的飞行员
Who is the best pilot I ever saw?
-嗨 你是哪一位 -谢泼德
-Which one are you? -Shepard.
进入大气层时会被烤焦
He’ll fry if he tries to re-enter.
友谊7号♥ 请回答
Friendship 7, come in. Do you read?
-很严重吗 -我想是的
-Is it serious? -We think it is.
你们觉得这趟旅程如何
How do you feel about this trip?
请求准许放♥尿♥
Request permission to relieve bladder.
本来飞行时间只有15分钟
This is only a 15-minute flight.
我们没有收尿布的人
We don’t have a diaper-service man.
听到了 降落伞开关自动
Roger. Landing-bag switch, auto.
跟在俄♥国♥人之后
Those darned Russians. It’s time we–
我们有很大的责任
We have a tremendous responsibility.
这是为了生活杂♥志♥
This is for America’s Life magazine.
我就会想到今天的我们
…and then I think of us today…
证实了他们
…which told our medical scientists…
我们走 只要执着于这一点
Let’s go. Just hold on to this.
这一位是艾伦•谢泼德
I’d like you to meet Alan Shepard.
觉得自己货真价实
They think they got the right stuff.
这次要小心一点
Wring her out a little bit this time.
媒体喜欢整数数字
The press likes a nice round number.
这是速度的同志情谊
And there’s a comradeship of speed.
-你要打给谁 -媒体
-Who are you calling? -The press.
倾听 我们的祈祷
Oh, hear us when we lift our prayer
主 引导他们
Lord, guard and guide the men who fly
老天 真是天堂的光芒
Oh, Lord, what a heavenly light.
就是现在你们面前的我呀
Well, uh, you’re looking at him.
不顾自己的生命安危
…hanging it out over the edge…
我见过最棒的飞行员
Who’s the best pilot I ever saw?
美国”水星计划”宇航员
…America’s Mercury Astronauts.
这是友谊7号♥
This is Friendship 7. Do you read me?
你想它们是活的吗
Do you think they could be alive?
如果松脱了 他会被烧掉
If it comes off–He’ll burn up.
我们当然会的 约翰
We sure will, John. We sure will.
时速1万7千5百英里
Speed is 17,500 miles per hour…
-这是澳洲歌♥曲吧 -是的
-It’s Australian, right? -Yep.
-我太过分 u3000-是的 长官
-I’m out of line? -Yes, sir!
这些太空人是我们的英雄
These Astronauts are our Davids.
没有在纽约游♥行♥
No ticker-tape parade in New York?
我们需要太空舱中的资料
We need the data in the capsule.
我们在太空舱上盘旋
We’re in orbit around the capsule.
但是没有上过太空
Not one that’s been in outer space.
露易丝 杰姬是什么样子
Louise. What was Jackie like?
我们不称它为座舱
We do not refer to it as a capsule.
万一失灵呢
I said, what would happen if it did?
它们也更容易配合
And they are much more cooperative.
我觉得最重要的…
To me the most important thing…
大家都称呼我格斯
Nobody calls me by that other name.
请问你 冈萨雷斯先生
Tell me something, Mr. Gonzales.
-约翰•格伦少校 -那家伙
-Major John Glenn! -That guy.
来自美国海军陆战队的
…from the U. S. Marine Corps…
但二倍音速是个神奇数字
But Mach 2 was the magic number.
我还以为只有我会做恶梦
I thought only I had nightmares.
投得好 现在投到我的手套
Good one. Now fire it in here.
不是机器故障 而是飞行员
Not the machine, it’s the man.
-戈登•库珀 对不对 -对
-Gordo Cooper, right? -Yeah.
吓到女儿了
Come on now, you’re scaring the girls.
就像夏夜中的萤火虫
Like fireflies on a summer night.
你们大概以为我疯了
You guys probably think I’m nuts.
我看到了奇怪的东西
I see something strange out here.
-我们等着瞧 -是吗
-We’ll see about that! -Yeah?
俄♥国♥人送蒂托夫上去了
The Russians have sent Titov up.
不错 满满的冰箱
Pretty good. A full refrigerator!
-谢泼德夫人 -谢泼德先生
-Oh, Alan, hi. -Mr. Shepard.
我们要访问太空人♥妻♥子
I think we’ll be able to talk…
都希望看到太空英雄
They all want to see Buck Rogers.
-什么 -我们都是猴子
-What? -Us. We are the monkey.
我们也不会计较
…it will not be held against you.
请说出这首歌♥的歌♥名
Can you tell us what’s that song?
什么货真价实 英雄胆
What stuff? Heroism, bravery?
他们很有兄弟情谊
They got some kind of brotherhood.
世上最棒的试飞员
The best test pilots in the world.
而他是背后的主脑
…and he is the genius behind it.
可能是左边的那一个
Most likely, the one on the left.
那些寄生虫写出历史
Those root weevils write history.
军队欠我许多东西
The military owes me for all this.
还有一件事 甜心
I’ll tell you something else too.
我的牛排要中熟
I’ll have mine medium rare, please.
音障也许无法打破
Well now, maybe it can’t be broke.
就像地面一样坚硬
…like the firmness of the earth.
他们称之为”音障”
They called it the sound barrier.
飞机会疯狂震动
Their planes would buffet wildly…
他应该有起飞许可吧
He must have clearance. Right?
在一个已经不存在的地方
…doesn’t even exist anymore.
敢超越极限
…push the outside of the envelope.
然后冒着生命危险
Then risk my life and my kids’…
我们要去白宫吗
Are we going to the White House?
你在鬼扯什么 我非常有魅力
Charm, Hot Dog. Pure charm.
没有短路 液体从后面上升
No shortcut. Moving up back.
别碰那些尿布
Leave those diapers alone. Come on.
我们来推动这件事
Let’s get this thing on the road.
-舱门 -是的 舱门
-The hatch? -Yeah, the hatch.
我们只需要
…all we seek from the occupants…
用在这里任何人身上
…on anyone else in this group.
明天我要去卡纳维尔角
I’m going to the Cape tomorrow.
小沃尔特•”沃利”•马蒂•斯基拉
Walter M.Schirra, Junior!
接受最先进的检查
…up-to-date tests imaginable…
这里有个钻子 我是3号♥
The drill here–Number three.
“直上云霄”
It’s “Straighten Up and Fly Right.”