我们认为X1可以突破音速
The X-1’s got the answer to go beyond Mach 1.
角落那个家伙 名字叫耶格尔
That guy in the corner. Yeager is his name.
据说任何挑战他的人都必死无疑
They said whoever challenged him would die.
都会发亮
…that are brilliantly lit up. They’re luminescent.
我也不让他们进来
As far as I’m concerned, they are not coming in.
我们无法采取所有安全措施
We can’t take all the precautions we’d like.
我们拉不起来 里面都是水
MAN 2 We can’t pull it. It’s full of water.
我们等待你的信♥号♥♥
…waiting for your okay to come in and hook on.
也许吧 如果它也上过太空
Well, I might, if it’s been in outer space.
艾伦•谢泼德耐心等待
And Alan Shepard sits there patiently waiting.
我没听清楚 请再说一次
I didn’t quite copy that. Say again, please.
我不要这个计划发生丑闻
I don’t want this program put in a bad light.
我的孩子也是百分之百支持
And, by golly, my kids are too, 100 percent.
听起来不错 接下来要去哪里
Sounds right to me. Where do we go next?
况且 他们似乎太独♥立♥了
Besides, they seem a little too independent.
-有没有口香糖 -我有一包
-You got any gum? -Yeah, I got me a stick.
这是大新闻 我们需要报导
This is big news. We need coverage of this.
-来吧 -格伦妮丝 我会逮到你的
-Come on. -Glennis! I’m gonna get you!
工程师会说音障绝对存在
An engineer will tell you it’s an absolute…
不要 不要 WK28…
Negative. Whiskey Kilo 28 is not declar–
我会尽量小心对准
I’ll line up as carefully as I can in a minute.
满天都是闪光
Sparks and needles of some kind all over the sky.
-什么意思 不行 -不行就是不行
-No? What do you mean no? -I mean no.
我讨厌听到保险的事情
I always hated all that talk about insurance.
格斯 我想去白宫吃饭
Oh, Gus, I wanted to eat in the White House.
从来没有就这样炸开来
…and not one of them has ever “just blown.”
发射升空 开始计时
We have lift off, and the clock is operating.
我受够了记者的笨问题
I’m tired of stupid questions from the press.
像吃了糖果的老鼠傻笑
Grinning like a possum eating a sweet potato.
我们是一群大学毕业的猩猩
Us. A bunch of college-trained chimpanzees.
格斯是说我们都没看到问题
Gus is saying that we’re missing the point.
可能会被咬掉 很凶狠
This thing will bite them off. It’s vicious.
这里只有当地人
All we got here is your local gentry, and, uh…
是5项飞行勋章得主
winner of five Distinguished Flying Crosses…
总要有笨蛋驾驶火箭上去
Some peckervvood’s got to take the beast up.
一定是华盛顿来的人
These must be our gentlemen from Washington…
-很好的中耳 -个性也很好
-Good middle ear. -Also very nice people.
-我会为你做一个把手 -多谢了
-I’ll try to fix you a handle. -Thanks.
就看代价是否足够
Maybe it can only be broke for a specified sum.
我们不愿意吵醒你 老兄
We, uh, hate to disturb you, buddy, but…
有些人就在这个房♥间中
Some of them are… right here in this room.
-哈哈 -哇 对不起 小淑女
-Ha-ha-ha. -Whoa. Sorry, little lady.
我说我们准备好了 百分之百
I said we’re ready. One hundred percent.
格斯 你觉得旅程成功吗
Gus, do you feel the trip was a success?
如果准备好让我炸开舱门
If you’re ready for me to blow the hatch…
太空总署又延迟了
There’s another hold from NASA, another delay.
没错 没经费 就没太空英雄
That’s right. No bucks, no Buck Rogers.
格斯是说我们必须团结一致
Gus is saying we’ve got to stick together.
我们必须改变实验的方向
What we have to do is alter the experiment.
这里每个人都是自愿的
Each man here has volunteered to do a job…
真希望眷属也可以去
I wish to heck it wasn’t off-limits to wives.
我们都非常幸运
I think that we are all very, very fortunate…
只要我想做 她都支持
If it’s what I want to do, she’s behind it.
与空前的一连串测验
…and unprecedented series of evaluations…
他们看起来不像俄♥国♥人 格斯
They don’t look very Russian to me, Gus.
我看到你带了太空装备
I see you have your space equipment with you
站在顶端已经五年了
On top of the pyramid for five goddamn years.
这里只有两类的飞行员
We got two categories of pilots around here.
用没事的那只手压下去
Whang this in the handle with your good arm.
你能帮我一个忙吗 是紧急事件
Can you help me out? It’s an emergency.
可以享受免费牛排大餐
…gets a free steak with all the trimmings.
但我根本不认为音障存在
I don’t believe the damn thing even exists.
听到了 这里是WK28
Roger, Control. This is Whiskey Kilo 28…
恶魔生存在一倍音速的界线上
The demon lived at Mach 1 on the meter…
我准备好了 百分之百
I’m ready when you are, John, 100 percent.
唯一的重要时刻是重返大气层
The only critical point is the re-entry.
擎天神火箭常出问题
We haven’t been lucky with the Atlas rocket.
真是刺♥激♥的夜晚
That was some night. That was really exciting.
我看见澳洲下面有光
I can see lights… down there in Australia.
现在他正绕过我们国家上空
He’s orbiting over our country right now.
格斯才刚从太空回来
Uh, Gus has just come back from outer space.
一次接着一次意外发生
…one wretched event has followed another.
你知道是什么让火箭升空吗
Do you know what makes this bird go up?
不知道媒体会怎么想
I wonder how the press will feel about this.
这些人是美国最棒的飞行员
These are the greatest pilots in America.
人人生来平等
…more or less with a fifty-fifty proposition.
我很荣幸能向各位介绍
…it is my pleasure to introduce to you…
有没有人受不了而炸开来
You ever have any explosions doing this?
她笑了 她太了解你了
She aughed. She knows you too well, Gordo.
铁皮屋顶 没有装潢 廉价房♥租
Corrugated tin, bare bones, low rent.
我们必须保证安全返回
With a man we must guarantee a safe return.
谁能控制太空
…whoever controls the high ground of space…
谁有科技 就能领先群雄
Whoever gets the technology stays on top.
至少这种生活绝不平淡
Well, it sure ain’t your average dull life.
我指望有一天得到回报
One day I expect the military to make good.
WK28 准备分离
Okay, uh, Whiskey Kilo 28, prepare to drop.
想要打破音障
…the X-1, to try and break the sound barrier.
又要迎接日出了 新的一天
Heading into daybreak now. Another day.
让我描述一下这里的情况
Hey, let me tell you what I’m in up here.
喔 老天 这是什么
Oh, my goodness, what the heck is that?
副总统是太空计划的主管
The vice president’s head of the program!
但是这就是军方的报答吗
Is this how the military pays off? Huh?
看 冰箱都装满了
Hey, look. They filled up the refrigerator.
现在他要重返大气层了
He will be re-entering the atmosphere now.
这位美国人的身份
The identity of America’s first astronaut…
他们会全力以赴
They’ll give 100 percent when the time comes.
当我想到莱特兄弟
When I think of Orville and Wilbur Wright…
我打开盒子让你们看看
I’ll open the box a little so you can see.
-不知道 让我问问看 -好的
-Uh, no. Let me check it out. -Okay.
你确定海军有好飞行员
Are you sure the Navy’s got good pilots?
有句格言: 不要拒绝任何作战任务
“Never refuse a combat assignment.”
善恶必须拼个你死我活
The decisive battle between good and evil.
这次真的追到了那个老恶魔
We sure chased that old demon this time.
经费 有经费才能使火箭升空
Funding. That’s what makes them go up.
速度表一定有问题
Must be something wrong with the Mach meter.
任何想打破音障的都会没命
Anybody tries to break it will auger in.
但是在1963年的5月
But on that glorious day in May, 1963…
你注意到我还没上太空
You noticed I hadn’t been up there yet?
百货公♥司♥要提供家具
…and department stores, the furnishings.
夏普先生要捐出这块土地
…Mr. Sharp is contributing the land…
除非是发生什么意外
Barring, of course, some unforeseen event.
我四周是一团细小的亮点
I’m in a mass of very small particles…
这是我所度过最短的一天
That was the shortest day I’ve run into.
我们是需要所有的帮助
We’re gonna need all the help we can get.
我要用那个天线跟他说话
And I’ll be talking to him on that dish.
你来这里做什么 太空人
Well, what do you do here, astronaut?
我们都对格斯•格里索姆感到很骄傲
Uh, we’re all proud of Gus Grissom.
我想要与杰姬聊天
I wanted to talk to Jackie about… things.
请在我们钩住后才炸开舱门
Roger. Blow the hatch after we hook on.
你怎么能比我先上太空
How’d you get to go up there before me?
老天 请不要让我搞砸了
Dear Lord, please don’t let me fuck up.
我们是否本来可以比俄♥国♥人快两周
Could we have beaten the Russians?
万一自动控制失灵呢
What if the automatic controls went out?
还有带女孩回你的房♥间
Such as bringing girls up to your room?
再问你一件事 冈萨雷斯先生
Tell me something else, Mr. Gonzales.
我们要适合的最棒飞行员
We want the best pilots that we can get.
这里叫快乐屁♥股♥骑马俱乐部
It’s called Happy Bottom Riding Club?
好像在谈体育比赛
You’d think they were talking about sports.
我觉得你是产生幻觉了
Personally, I think you’re seeing things.
第一位打破音障的人
First fellow to break the sound barrier…