有没有看过这个何塞 真是搞笑
Have you seen this José Jimenez? He’s a crack-up.
他们自己都不谈 跟外人更是不用说
To each other. To outsiders they say even less.
恭贺斯科特•克罗斯菲尔德 世上最快速的人
To Scott Crossfield, the fastest man alive.
这里没有人愿意谈任何事
Nobody ever wants to talk about anything around here.
你见过最厉害的飞行员是谁
Come on, Trudy. Who’s the best pilot you ever saw?
我觉得是货真价实的…
How close did you ever come to not hauling it back?
没有人准备如此周详
No human individual… has ever been so well-prepared.
领先开始工业革命
…rode the first waves of the Industrial Revolution…
我可以看到 今天下午会过得不错
I can see this afternoon shaping up just great.
好 准备 向右15尺
All right, get ready. Another 15 feet to the right.
离开地球表面的勋章
…this decoration, which is going from the ground up.
此时他在想什么
What can be going through a man’s mind at this moment?
外面有一具火箭在等待
And yet out here sits a rocket, waiting in the night.
我们是否准备好送人上太空
Are we actually ready to launch a man into space?
既然太空船飞行完全自动
Since we have developed a fully automated vehicle…
火箭旅行最重要的是什么
What is the most important thing in rocket travel?
你们有没有上教堂
Can you tell us if any of you go to church regularly?
如果没有家庭支持
I don’t think any of us could do something like this…
我的朋友都在谈丈夫工作
…and my friends talked about their husbands’ work.
这是大新闻 音障被打破了
This is big news. The sound barrier’s been broken.
我要打长途电♥话♥到洛杉矶
I want to place a long-distance call to Los Angeles.
要打破音障 就会上西天
The sound barrier is a farm you can buy in the sky.
打破音障的就是最顶尖的
The man who breaks the sound barrier will be on top.
大家喜欢上过太空的东西
Folks have a taste for things that have been there.
它会不会在太空船拉屎
Does he look like he’d put doo-doo in the capsule?
不 这里要装舱门
No, that’s where the hatch with explosive bolts goes.
完全消除恐惧
…to decondition, to desensitize… to adapt out fears.
我们要行为端正 洁身自爱
About keeping our pants zipped and our wicks dry.
还有很多工作 更多的测验
There’s so much work to do, anyway. More tests…
将成为这个时代的传奇人物
…is destined to become a legend in his own time.
如果好好去做 我们可以爬到最高蜂
If we play our cards right, we go to the top.
出来时就不一样了
But when they all come out… they all look different.
我们都是为了同样目标来这里
I guess we’re, um, both here for the same reason.
请坐 把手放上桌子
Please, sit right there. Put your arm right up here.
恐怕很难解释
I’m afraid there’s no simple way to explain that to you.
有的 后来她嫁给了我
Yes, I did. In fact, I finally got her to marry me.
那么你会送谁上太空呢 总统先生
Who would you put into space, Mr. President?
你不是兰利空军基地的格斯•格里索姆吗
Is that Gus Grissom… from Langley Field?
也许不会透过媒体 不会让大众知道
Maybe not to the press or the general public.
30秒 燃料正常 氧气正常
Thirty seconds and fuel is go, oxygen is go…
我们不确定你的降落伞是否已经启动
We are not sure your landing bag is deployed.
没事 他没事 去钩住太空舱
It’s all right. He’s okay. Go for the capsule.
我们知道是格伦 告诉我们什么时候就好
We know it’ll be Glenn. Just tell us when.
我们有后备系统与检查 不会失灵的
With backups, checks, this would not happen.
飞行员有自己的私人生活
You can’t tell a pilot what to do when not flying.
要怎么乱搞都是自己的事
…what he does with his wick is his own business!
我们都知道 可能会有不良后果
This could lead to something very unfortunate.
我不会坐视他人胡作非为
…other people compromise the whole darned thing!
你模仿何塞还不错
…is A-okay. But what you’re doing with it is b-a-d.
我是说 你们不需要真正的飞行员
It means you don’t need honest-to-God pilots.
我们想播放出来 脑力激荡
We’d like to run it and stimulate some thinking.
打破音障会头破血流
It’ll rip your ears off if you try to go through it.
只是现在有更多小菜了 格斯
…only there’s a lot more trimmings now, Gus.
他们只要太空船飞上外太空
All they want now is capsules up in outer space.
也许是空军实验出了差错
Whoa. Maybe some Air Force experiment went amuck.
他们永远不会出错
Nothing these guys do is going to be called failure.
他不希望让太空人形象受损
He doesn’t want the Astronauts’ image tarnished.
有时候再怎么样都不会搞砸
Sometimes you get a pooch that can’t be screwed.
请再说一次 自♥由♥钟 我们听不到
Say again, Liberty Bell. We can’t hear you.
格斯•格里索姆到达了最高点
Grissom has just reached the apex of his flight.
更重要的 我受够了
Most of all, I’m tired of being second to those…
那些记者认为我们是
Those fellows over there have been making us out…
你不能进去 他们在讨论科学问题
You can’t go in. They’re discussing science.
你们谁最先上太空
Uh, which one of you will be the first into space?
现在请媒体发问
Now we’ll have some questions from the press, please.
56位最厉害的飞行员
…56 of our greatest pilots are at this moment…
然后射♥精♥
…accompanied by masturbation, followed by ejaculation.
整个计划都是秘密进行的
This entire operation’s supposed to be hush-hush.
不知道是否能返回基地
I don’t know if I can make it back to base or not.
一位前纪录保持者向他恭贺
Congratulations from a previous record holder…
就是这里过去36周已经有62人丧生
Deke, that’s 62 men in the last…36 weeks.
空军已经付我军饷了 对不对 长官
The Air Force is paying me already. Right?
他们可能认为音障像道砖墙
They might say the sound barrier’s a brick wall.
我们觉得这样不会有问题
We see no difficulty with that type of re-entry.
该死 他们最好叫她识相点
Damn right. They better tell her to play ball.
给弗吉尔•格斯•格里索姆上尉
…is awarded to Captain Virgil I. Grissom…
今天为你颁发这个
…and the Space Committee who are with us today…
我们来到路易丝•谢泼德的住处
We are here at the house of Louise Shepard…
别把你的道德观
I advise you not to try to foist your moral views…
但他们都喜欢的不得了
But look at them out there. They’re eating it up.
他们出来时 看起来都吓到了
When they all come out, they all look scared.
这些人都不合空军的标准
None of these guys is up to Air Force standards.
别这样 格斯 有什么要紧
Come on, Gus, cut it out. What the hell…?
别担心 没事的
There’s nothing to worry about. Absolutely nothing.
詹森议员说得对 这是正邪大战
Senator Johnson’s right. This is Armageddon.
你看到的是全新的场面
You are looking at a whole new ballgame here now.
可能断了一两根
I feel like I broke a couple of the sons of bitches.
有人说音障是打不破的
Some people say the sound barrier can’t be broke.
空气成为屏障
…where the air could no longer move out of the way.
嗨 小女孩 很高兴见到你
Hi, little gal. Damned glad to meet you too.
现在没人在乎这种纪录了
Nobody cares about that kind of record anymore.
几分钟内不可能通讯
No communications are possible for a few minutes.
约翰 你要采取手动控制
John, you’re going to fly-by-wire for re-entry.
飞行按照计划进行
…and the flight is going pretty much as planned.
现在他们不守诺言
…and now they are welshing on that damn compact.
她很好 我们聊了很久
Very nice. We talked about all kinds of things.
只是要让你知道情况 谢泼德太太
Wanted to keep you informed, Mrs. Shepard.
-噢 天啊 -噢 露易丝 你的草坪
-Oh, my Lord. -Oh, Louise, your lawn!
我们大概都无法成功
…if we didn’t have pretty good backing at home.
许多人受到召唤 只有少数人能被中选
Many are called, but few will be chosen.
我们不能透露检查程序
We’re not really free to reveal all the testing.
-什么 -这一位是艾伦•谢泼德
-What? -I’d like you to meet Alan Shepard.
谁有经费 就能得到科技
Whoever gets the funding, gets the technology.
你们将热狗准备好 包子准备
You guys ready for hot dogs. The buns ready.
有四分之一的丧命机会
…if, when their husband went to make a deal…
你知道发生什么事吗 机器故障了
You know what happened! The machine broke.
你们两个菜鸟要什么
Now what are you two pudknockers going to have?
驾驶热门飞机的顶尖飞行员
Your prime pilots that get all the hot planes.
我们打破了音障 成功了
We finally broke the sound barrier. We did it!
从没见过能逮到我的男人
Never met the man who could catch me out there.
半数工程师从未开过飞机
Half these engineers never been off the ground.
只要再多一点 14万尺
Just a little bit more, 104,000, here you go.
友谊7号♥ 这是控制中心 请回答
Friendship 7, this is Cape. Do you read?
友谊7号♥ 这是控制中心 请回答
Friendship 7, this is Cape. Do you read?
如果没有 我就自己更正 完毕
Uh, if not, I’ll correct it myself. Over.
如果太空舱没采取正确角度
If the capsule is not at the correct angle…
-你要找谁来飞 -我系那个找谁
-Who will you get? -Who am I gonna get?
是我 你还好吗 怎么回事
It’s me. Are you all right? What’s wrong?
我将在全国电视前安慰她
I will go in and console her on nationwide TV.
让他能展开这次历史性任务
…so he can undertake this historic mission.
副总统想见格伦太太
The vice president would like to see Mrs. Glenn.
我们也需要送人上轨道 否则就输了
We need a man in orbit or it’s all over.
我终于成为高贵的太空人夫人
Look, I am finally Mrs. Honorable Astronaut.
爆♥炸♥门栓装在太空船上
A hatch with explosive bolts on the spacecraft.
我打算成为第一个太空人
I plan to be the first man to ride the rocket.
他们进去时看起来都一样
When they all go in… they all look the same.
我们要如何跟老俄竞争
Who are we gonna get to take on the Russians?
住在木屋中 情况非常糟
They live in rat shacks, terrible conditions.
你知道是什么让火箭升空
You know what makes your rocket ships go up?
但他们是很有用的蠢蛋
Sometimes they sure are handy assholes, though.