我要拍一些照片
Listen, I’m gonna try to get some pictures of these little guys.
我们不用红石火箭 改用擎天神火箭
We’re scrapping the Redstone and going with the Atlas.
没有任何保障 只有几个月的薪水
We never had any insurance except a couple months’ pay.
需要特别的勇气才会自愿参加
It takes a special man to volunteer for a suicide mission.
副总统身为太空委员会主席
The vice president, who is chairman of our Space Council…
艾伦今天上班前喝了4杯咖啡
Alan had four cups of coffee before he went to work today.
可能会让太空衣发生短路 造成火灾
…might cause a short circuit. It could start a fire.
路易丝 天哪 他们在追收尿布的人
Louise. My God, they’re after the diaper-service man.
太空时代♥开♥始了 大家都有很多工作要做
The space age has begun, and there’s plenty of work.
格伦叫我们进去 你有什么问题吗
Look, Glenn’s waving us in. What’s your problem, huh?
我觉得如果不是自愿
And I think that we would be most remiss in our duty indeed…
别哼了 我想要专心
Just knock it off, because I’m trying to concentrate in here.
最好是透过幻想与手♥淫♥
The best results seem to be obtained through fantasization…
谢泼德 我忘了 请以180度降落
Yeah, Shepard, I forgot You are clear at 180 degrees.
我们刚才与斯利克谈到音障
We were just talking to, uh, Slick about the sound barrier.
这是很重要的 副总统要见她
This is very important. The vice president must see her.
总统自己也有猪猡湾的问题
The president’s got his own problems with the Bay of Pigs.
爆♥炸♥门栓在战斗机上用了十年
Explosive hatches have been on jet fighters for 10 years.
他们会让你在下一个加油站下车
Listen, they promise we’ll stop at the next gas station.
你是说谁会是第一个上太空的自♥由♥人士
You mean who will be the first free man into space?
座舱是可以装上爆♥炸♥门栓
There could be a hatch with explosive bolts on the capsule.
我们对飞行的了解胜过任何人
We know more about what we need to fly than anybody else.
增加众人的信念
…that need to be said again and again with fierce conviction.
就算你不想自愿参加
It’s so hazardous that if, uh, you decide not to volunteer…
但其他男孩也喜欢她 她没有注意我
…other guys liked her and she didn’t pay attention.
在太空不需要什么视力
In space there’ll be little need for eyeballing at any rate.
你需要的不仅是速度纪录 你需要报导
You need more than speed records. You need coverage.
就是这个了 全都打点好了 准备升空
There she is, all bridled, saddled and ready to go.
有时间抛弃反向火箭吗
Uh, do you have a time for going to jettison retro? Over.
此时约翰•格伦在等待天气放晴
Meanwhile, John Glenn waits for the weather to clear…
你知道那火箭过去的记录不太好
You know we haven’t had too much luck with that rocket.
当你去开飞机时 我与孩子们…
When you went up in those planes, me and the kids…
我们的前人让我们国家…
Those who came before us… made certain this country…
也许能访问路易丝•谢泼德
…to one of the wives, if not to Louise Shepard herself.
这些故事将以他们署名
These stories will appear in Life under their own by-lines.
能聚集最杰出的人物与才能
…where the best and finest in a man can be brought out.
我们与生俱来有各种才能
We’re placed here with certain talents and capabilities…
他们都知道 通过考验的人
Each man knows that whoever survives this competition…
DC9 以180度降落
Delta Charlie 9, you are clear to land… at 180 degrees.
你小时候有没有这样的问题
Did you ever have a problem like that when you were 10?
是他们的德国科学家帮助他们上太空的吗
Was it their German scientists got them up first?
嫁给飞行员就嫁给军队了
Well, you marry a fighter jock and you marry the military.
只要听到卡车声音就会让我吓一跳
…all it takes is just the sound of a truck starting.
来 来 来 跑起来
Come on. Come on, come on, come on. Run, run, run. Go on.
座舱压力正常 高度计正常
…cabin pressure on the top peg. Altimeter is working.
休士顿的太空人拿走所有经费
The astronaut boys in Houston have got the only ticket.
控制中心 听到吗 真是太奇妙了
Hello, Cap Com, do you read me? This is miraculous.
听起来很不可思议 看起来像萤火虫
It sounds ridiculous, but they look like fireflies.
我们的新太空人格斯•格里索姆平安获救
…our new hero, Astronaut Gus Grissom, was saved.
穿过公路到最烂的海滩
…by crossing that highway to the worst beach in Florida.
加加林令人吃惊的太空飞行后
In these three weeks since Gagarin’s surprise flight…
斯科特•卡彭特会跟我跑 他是个好人
Scott Carpenter will run with me. He’s a good guy.
由我们自己决定如何发挥
…and it’s up to us to use those talents as best we can.
还有海军与陆战队的飞行员 想骗谁
…then you got Navy and Marine pilots over here.
我们要与俄♥国♥人竞争
We’re going up against the Russians. It’s got the highest–
热狗 太空人是什么意思
Hey, Hot Dog, what the hell’s “astronaut” mean anyway?
他马上就要去追克罗斯菲尔德了 对不对
He’ll be going after Crossfield soon, won’t he?
他是最后一位独自上太空的美国人
He was the last American ever to go into space alone
我说 他们照片都挂在墙上
I said, pictures on a wall, back at some place that…
他是飞行员 把太空船的情况告诉他
He’s a pilot. Tell him the condition of his craft.
是那些萤火虫什么的造成的问题吗
Could it be those fireflies, or whatever they are?
明亮的黄色 绕着太空舱
They’re bright yellow. They swirl around the capsule…
我想是美国乡村歌♥手写了这首澳洲民谣
I thought Hank Williams wrote “Waltzing Matilda. ”
你还是小心点 别搞砸了
Why don’t you just make sure you don’t screw the pooch?
媒体 媒体有什么关系
The press? What does the press have to say about this?
重点不是玩女人 重点是猴子
The issue here ain’t pussy. The issue here is monkey.
不管够不够资格 大家都仰慕我们
Whether we deserve it or not, people look up to us.
有那么多钱 他们可以叫你维吉
I bet for all that money they could call you Virgil.
那就是怠忽职守了
…to our country… and to the world in general right now.
但是我要怎么…
Yeah, but, uh, nurse, uh, how am I, uh, supposed to, uh…
那家伙是海军的 另外一个也是
That guy’s Navy all the way. There’s another swabbo.
他们不会说任何事 他们不会谈这个
They don’t say anything. They don’t talk about it.
不 我想左边是蒂托夫 右边是加加林
No, Titov’s on the left, Gagarin’s on the right.
你这种王牌飞行员在这里干什么
What is an ace like you doing in a place like this?
爱德华空军基地 这里是卧虎藏龙的地方
Edwards Air Force Base. This is the place to be.
甜心 有没有在沙漠中被男人逮到过
Honey, you ever been caught on the desert alone?
控制杆会卡死 动弹不得
The controls will freeze up. You can’t budge the stick.
有人聚集在加州沙漠上
And men came to the high desert of California to ride it.
在阿波罗太空舱训练时 因为火灾丧生
…when fire swept through their Apollo capsule.
听到了 至少绕7圈 友谊7号♥完毕
Roger, Al. Understand, go at least seven orbits.
主啊 请保佑他 约翰•格伦
Good Lord, ride all the way. God speed, John Glenn.
我来这里是因为我的朋友
I’m here because a buddy of mine is getting ready to…
美国最新的英雄 格斯•格里索姆
…here we see America’s newest hero, Gus Grissom.
大家都说我们的火箭会爆♥炸♥
People have begun to say our rockets always blow up…
美国最杰出的飞行员
…as the seven finest and bravest pilots in all America.
猩猩能够执行人的工作
The chimps are capable of many of the same tasks as men.
还要去做职责之外的事
…and doing things above and beyond the call of duty…
卓越的适应能力
…of their superb adaptability to their upcoming flight…
他们要面对不可知的危险
They will be faced with emergencies no man can foresee.
她不会瞧不起我
This is one fighter jock who is not a miserable pudknocker.
让我们看看到底有什么可怕的
Let’s see what there is to be scared about back here.
我在电视上看过你 我喜欢那些节目
I recognize you from those TV shows. I like them.
他们要我当太空人 但愿不是如此
They want to make me an astronaut? Oh, I hope not.
一个叫做♥爱♥德华的空军基地
A prehistoric throwback of an airfield called Edwards.
我们原来可以在一年前发射人造卫星上轨道
We could have orbited a satellite a year ago…
他们有非常大规模的计划
They’ve developed a program of stupendous dimensions…
右边的是蒂托夫 左边的是加加林
That’s Titov on the right and Gagarin on the left.
怎么样才能把照片放在墙上
What do you have to do to get your picture up there?
WK28 要不要放弃
Whiskey Kilo 28, do you want to declare an emergency?
跑道上的飞机 你是否有提出飞行计划
Aircraft on ramp, did you file a flight plan?
我好像看到一架飞机上面有我的名字
Think I see a plane over here with my name on it.
如果在几年前有这飞机就好了
Boy, if we’d only had one of those a few years back.
我不认为它们来自控制气流
I do not think they were coming from my control jets.
在这间朴素的房♥屋中
Inside this trim, modest suburban home is Annie Glenn…
我是无所畏惧 但我怕失去你
I’m a fearless man, but I’m scared to death of you.
但他们没花半毛钱教导我
But they don’t spend a penny teaching you how to be…
好 各位女士 这是为了《生活》杂♥志♥
This is it, ladies. This is for Life magazine.
展开前所未见的特技表演
…in the greatest death-defying stunt ever broadcast.
我受够了承认失败
I’m tired of being forthright, gracious, and magnanimous.
我们为何不送人上去而送猴子上去
Why didn’t we send a man up instead of a monkey?
7个菜鸟被当成顶尖高手
Seven rookies being installed as the hottest fliers…
有些女人就是讨厌男人
Let’s face it. Some women just have a problem with men.
而是一只实验室兔子缩在座舱中
You need a lab rabbit to curl up in your capsule…
试飞员 看来我们要去空军基地了
Test pilots? We’ll be heading for some air bases.
总统先生 你最好再考虑考虑
Mr. President, I think you’d be wise to reconsider.
这是我的第一选择 看看带头罩的男子
This is my first choice. The man with the hood.
斯科特•克罗斯菲尔德穿过加州沙漠上空
…across the skies over the California desert.
老兄 也许他们不希望某些人知道
Look, pal, maybe they don’t want someone to know.
身为空军的公♥关♥人员 我想…
As press liaison man for the Air Force, I think–
免费的大餐
…got a free lunch from one end of America to the other…
我听到许多关于你们的好事情
I heard an awful lot of good things about you gals.
你们还要隐瞒多久
How much longer are you going to keep him in the dark?
没人能说动一个家庭主妇吗
Isn’t there anybody who can deal with a housewife?
她与我说的话 将有百万人倾听
Her words, and mine, will be heard by millions.
副总统将问候安妮•格伦
…the vice president… will speak with Annie Glenn.
很不顺利 根本使不出力来
Thing’s dragging in the mud, and I can’t get it up.
但是现在你必须忍♥耐
Request that you remain in a holding pattern till then.
他说一切很好 就这样了
He says everything is A-okay. And there you have it.
没人认为送猴子上去是要做我们的工作
They’re sending a monkey up to do a man’s work.
美国必须先送人上太空
It’s important to America to get a man up there first.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!