大难不死,能回到父母身边
我们只有祝福
当我游到8号♥洞室时,
RICHARD: (IN ENGLISH) As I swam out to Chamber Eight,
能见度归零
completely zero visibility,
我的手顺着绳子向前进
my hand’s running along the rope…
突然我把手放在一个感觉像死鱼的东西上。
and suddenly I put my hand on something that felt like a dead fish.
克雷格和里克看起来很焦虑,他们说:“快,出去。”
Craig and Rick were looking quite anxious, and they were saying, “Quick, get out.”
快点,他没有呼吸了。
Hurry, he’s not breathing.
“我们认为这孩子没有呼吸了。”我很快就脱掉了装备。
“We don’t think this kid’s breathing.” I quickly got my gear off.
我想,“好吧,你知道,就是这样,第一个死人。”
I thought, “Well, you know, this is it, the first one’s died.”
他看上去很忧郁。
He looked pretty blue.
非常寒冷,毫无生气。
Very cold and lifeless.
事实上,我无法说服自己他在呼吸。
And I actually couldn’t convince myself that he was breathing.
我就要开始嘴对嘴人工呼吸了,
I was about to start mouth to mouth,
但就在我这么做之前,我用力推了推他的下巴
but just before I did I gave his jaw a real hard push
打开他的气道一点,然后他就开始呼吸了。
to open his airway a bit, and he actually started breathing with that.
但我还是很担心。
But I still was really worried.
我仍然无法想象这个孩子做到了
I still couldn’t conceive that this child would make it.
他一路上都是这样,在两个半小时到三个小时之间。
RICK: He was like that the whole way, between two-and-a-half and three hours.
为了保持自己的理智,我会把他翻过来
Just for my own sanity, I would roll him over
所以我可以看着他的脸。
so I could look into his face.
他看起来睡着了。
He looked asleep.
除了他是在水下睡觉
Except he happened to be underwater.
你一浮出水面,
The moment you surface,
就有一种奇妙的兴高采烈和成就感。
a fantastic sense of elation and achievement.
今天的行动是一次难以置信的巨大成功
经过16天的等待
我们终于见到了野猪足球队的面庞
对于这项技术,仍有人保持怀疑
(IN ENGLISH) There was a sense of disbelief that this technique worked.
被困在泰国山洞里的四名年轻足球运动员已经救出
Four of the young soccer players trapped in that cave in Thailand are out.
那么,剩下的八个男孩和他们的教练仍然被困在里面,
MALE REPORTER: So, eight boys and their coach remain trapped,
他们的性命仍然悬而未决,救援远未结束。
their lives still hanging in the balance. This isn’t over.
我们刚刚完成了一些我们认为不可思议的事情。
We’d just pulled off something we thought was unbelievable and incredible.
让我们再做两次。
Let’s do it twice more.
第17天
来自泰国的最新消息
The breaking news is out of Thailand…
有人看见一个男孩被担架抬走。。。
A boy was seen transported on stretcher…
第五个获救的男孩。。。
FEMALE REPORTER: The fifth boy to be rescued…
今天早上有一个男孩被从山洞里带走了。。。
One boy was taken from the cave this morning…
我们相信救护车载着第六个男孩。
That right there is an ambulance we believe to be carrying that sixth boy.
这次行动进行得非常顺利。
This operation is being executed extremely smoothly.
这似乎是第七个了。
And that appears to be the seventh right there.
男孩们出来了。
MALE REPORTER 1: The boys are coming out.
这不是第七个孩子,而是第八个孩子。
It’s not the seventh child, it is the eighth child.
8只野猪获救
MALE REPORTER 2: Wild Boar eight out.
再看一天天气。最近几天,,
One more day on the weather. The last several days,
他们运气很好。
they’ve had enormous luck.
这些季风性降雨似乎推迟了。
These monsoon rains seem to have held off.
但我们一直得到的预报是马上就要下雨了。
But the forecast we kept getting were it’s gonna rain imminently.
的确如此。
And it did.
大雨滂沱
It lashed it down.
它从未停止过。
It never stopped.
这些雨水会很快淹没洞穴。
These rains will flood the caves very quickly.
我们整晚都在听雨声。
JOHN: We spent the night listening to the rain.
它真的,真的如同敲打
It was really, really hammering down,
我们想知道山洞里会发生什么。
wondering what was gonna happen in the cave.
这是我唯一一次看到瑞克和约翰焦虑的神情
RICHARD: It’s the only time I’ve ever seen Rick and John look anxious,
这让克雷格和我开始感到不安。
which was actually starting to unsettle Craig and me.
第18天
我们早上起床
CRAIG: We got up in the morning
整个地方都被水淹没了。
and the whole place was just awash with water.
我们担心分流河水的水坝
JOHN: We worried that the dams that diverted the water
会被冲垮
would be drenched.
他们不能永远顶得住
They couldn’t hold off forever.
引水不能持续
THANET: The water diversion will not last.
那会毁掉一切。
That’s gonna destroy everything.
当我们早上去参加我们的事前简报会时,
And then when we got to our predive briefing in the morning,
有些人说,你知道,
and some of the guys were saying, you know,
“我们应该去山洞吗?我们应该冒生命危险吗?”
“Should we be going into the cave? Should we be risking our lives?”
然后我们当中有人说,
And then there were those of us that were saying,
“如果我们今天不进去怎么办,
“What if we didn’t go in today,
“那么明天就没有机会了?”
“and then tomorrow, there was no more opportunity?”
我觉得我必须尽快了结。
And I felt like I had to shut that down really quickly.
我们刚起床,径直走向山洞
We just got up and walked straight to the cave
其他人都跟着。所以,这就是下决定了。
and everybody else followed. (CHUCKLING) So, that was the decision made.
我们意识到在最后一天我们要尝试救五个人。
So, we realized we were going to attempt five people on the last day.
在进入洞穴之前,我们已经做出了决定
JIM: Before heading into the cave, the decision was made
我将是那天带出第一个孩子的人。
that I would be the one to bring out… (INHALES) …the first child that day.
当我在游泳时,我的头脑处于过载状态
As I was swimming, my mind was on overdrive.
“哦,天哪,我够好了吗?
“Oh, my God, am I gonna be good enough?
“我在洞里,父母和朋友怎么办?”
“What about the parents and the friends in the cave?”
这是一个巨大的负担。
It’s a huge burden.
“如果他们死了,我会崩溃的。我会开始借酒消愁吗?”
“If they die, it’s gonna tear me apart. Am I gonna start drinking?”
你知道,“要逃离吗?”
You know, “Go off the rails?”
我找到了教练。
I was given the coach.
我一抓住他,就开始着手完成工作。
As soon as I was holding him, I switched to getting the job done.
一切都进行得很顺利。
Everything was going quite well.
我记得最后几分钟,
I remember those last few minutes,
心里想,“我就快到了,我该怎么办?”
thinking to myself, “I’m nearly there. What am I gonna do?”
因为我已经逼近我的极限了。
‘Cause I was pretty close to my threshold.
“我把他送到时我会哭吗?”
“Am I gonna start crying when I deliver him?”
我抵达后约翰就到了,接着是瑞克
JIM: John arrived after me, then Rick arrived.
克里斯是下一个
And Chris was due to come out next.
我一直等啊等啊等,他就是没来。
I kept waiting and waiting and waiting, and he just didn’t come.
我一路回到了最后的水下部分,
CHRIS: I got all the way back to the final underwater section,
最尴尬的部分。在这一点上,我和那个男孩在一起,
the most awkward section. Got the boy with me at this point,
你知道,我珍贵的货物。
you know, my precious cargo.
像这样在你上方有一条绳索是不正常的。
RICK: It’s not a normal place to have a line above you like that.
所以,你应该站在这一边,一只手抱着孩子,
So, you’d have been on this side, child in one hand,
绳索在你头上的另一边。相当尴尬的处境。
line in the other above you. Quite an awkward position.
最后一天发生了一些变化,
And then something on that last day changed,
我们在那一部分都出了问题。
and we all had problems in that section.
就在我绕过一个拐角的时候,
CHRIS: Just as I was going round one of the corners,
我需要把绳子从一只手转移到另一只手。
I needed to transfer the rope from one hand to another hand.
但它只是从我手上砰砰地一声消失了。
But it just pinged away from my hand.
这条珍贵的生命线
This precious line
确保我们能完整地出水,
that ensures that we’re going to get out the water in one piece,
是你永远不能失去的东西,你永远不能放弃的东西,
the thing you never lose, the thing you never let go of,
我设法不理它
I managed to let go of.
我也不知道这孩子氧气是否会用完。
And I didn’t know if the boy might run out of gas.
只有我和哈里斯医生在九号♥洞室的水里。
JASON: It was just myself and Dr. Harris in the water in Chamber Nine.
这时,其他人都出去了。
Everybody else had gone out by this point.
我以为最小的孩子已经走了,
RICHARD: I thought the smallest child had already gone,
但最后一个出洞的孩子是这个29公斤的男孩,马克。
but the last kid to walk down the hill was this boy, Mark, who was 29 kilos.
到目前为止,马克是所有孩子中脸最小的一个。
Mark was by far the most small-faced petite kid of them all.
我们看着对方,心想,“那个面罩不适合他。
We looked to each other and thought, “That mask isn’t gonna fit him.
“我们不能今天把他留在这里,不能明天再来,
“We can’t leave him here today and come back tomorrow,
“因为我觉得明天没有机会了。”
“’cause I don’t think there’s gonna be a chance tomorrow.”
我们试过面罩
We tried the mask.
我们试着把东西包起来,比如把头套放在下面。
We tried packing stuff around it, like putting the hood under it.
尽量把它拧紧,
Try and tighten it up as tight as possible,
所以我们实际上是在压住孩子的鼻子。
so we were literally crushing the kid’s nose.
但它不可能把水挡在外面。
But there was no way it was gonna keep water out.
出于某种原因,我们带来了这种更休闲的类型,
JASON: For some reason, we’d brought this more leisure-type,
还有全脸面具。
full-faced mask too.
与其他面罩相比,它看起来像一个粉红色的小玩具。
Compared to the other ones, it looked like a little pink toy.
当我们试着把这个休闲面具的带子拉下来,
And when we tried cranking the straps down on this leisure mask,
封条绷不住了
the seal collapsed.
然后水就进来了。
And then water entered.
所以我们再来,再试一次,然后它又崩了。
So we backed it off, tried it again, then it collapsed again.
它就放在他的脸上,你知道如果它受到侧面的撞击
It just sat on his face, and you knew that if it took a sideways knock,
面罩就成窗帘了
that would have been curtains.
杰森,我看得出他对此很不高兴。
Jason, I could see was very unhappy about it.
我和最后一个孩子在想,

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!