上帝保佑美国
God Bless America!
上帝确实一直保佑着美国
God Bless America indeed.
上帝保佑它公平竞争的传统
God bless its level playing fields.
但上帝欣赏胜者
God bless winning.
周五见
See you Friday.
昌吉兹 请坐
Changez,take a seat.
你有20分钟的时间向我证明
You have 20 minutes to convince me
你之于安德伍德萨姆森公♥司♥的价值
that you belong at Underwood Samson.
我的成绩一直是全A
I’ve never gotten a B in my entire life,touch wood.
我马上会以最优成绩从普林斯顿毕业
I’m about to graduate Summa Cum Laude.
很好 不过同样的话我今天已经听到很多次了
Good,although I’ve heard that line several times today.
还有什么要说的么
What else?
我连续四年参加学校的足球代表队
I also played Varsity soccer four years straight.
运动是件好事
I’m glad you got some exercise.
昌吉兹 我们公♥司♥的金融分♥析♥师
Changez,a position at our firm as financial analyst…
可是世界上最炙手可热的职位之一
is one of the most sought-after jobs in the entire world.
不用谦虚 也不用隐藏
Lift up the hood.
让我看看你有什么真本事
Show me what makes you run.
你老家在哪
Where are you from?
巴基斯坦的拉合尔
Lahore,in Pakistan.
你是助学金的受益人么
Are you on financial aid?
是的
Yes,I am.
对于一个需要申请助学金的国际学生来说
It’s more difficult for an international student…
能被常春藤院校录取已经是相当难得了
to be accepted to an Ivy League school if they apply for aid.
你一定很需要钱
You must have really needed the money.
是的
Yes,I did.
你的口音很纯正 听起来很像贵族
The accent’s great. Makes you sound like royalty.
你那些普林斯顿的有钱朋友
How do your rich kid friends at Princeton
对你的家境有何看法
react to your Horatio Alger story?
我想他们中的很多人都不知道”自力更生”这个词的含义吧
Most of them don’t even know where their bootstraps are.
吉姆 我没和他们谈过我的家境
You know what Jim,we don’t really discuss it.
我知道今天来面试的人很多 不如…
I know you’re seeing a lot of people today,so…
等等
Wait.
你的朋友不知道你家道中落的事 是么
Your friends here don’t even know,do they?
真有意思
That’s interesting.
这就是我说的”不要隐藏”
That’s lifting up the hood.
告诉我 昌吉兹 你为什么想来美国
So tell me,Changez,why did you want to come to America?
是昌”盖”兹 吉姆
For future reference,Jim,it’s “Chun-gez.”
在美国 人人都有机会出人头地
In America,I get an equal chance to win.
无论你今天是否雇用我 吉姆
And whether or not you hire me,Jim,
我都要出人头地
I am going to win.
这答案太他妈棒了
Good fucking answer.
感谢神明
Thank you,God!
我成为了你们金融帝国大军中的一员
I was a soldier in your economic army.
我将这些由金钱和钢筋构筑的伟岸神庙视为信仰
I worshipped in those magnificent temples of money and steel…
在这里 穿着定制西装的人
where men in tailored suits
掌控着价值亿万的企业的命运
control the fate of billion-dollar corporations.
就像我一样
Men like me.
你们老家有这样的建筑群么
You got skylines like that back home?
你们是一群聪明的年轻人
You’re all smart.
现在对你们来说最重要的是信念
The game changer at this stage is will.
你希望比坐在你旁边的那个人做得更为优秀么
Do you want excellence more than the person sitting next to you?
在安德伍德萨姆森 我们不凭直觉获利
At Underwood Samson,we do not get paid for hunches
我们的薪酬之所以高过其它同类公♥司♥
The reason why our fees are higher than any other firm
是因为我们在评估价值外还拥有更为无可比拟的优势能力
is because of our unparalleled ability to not only assess value…
那就是为客户的产业创造价值
but to create it in our clients’ businesses.
我们的秘诀就是 一切为基本需求服务
We do that by focusing on the fundamentals.
现在给你们一个练习用的虚拟案例
This is a hypothetical business.
由于科学突飞猛进
Thanks to ground breaking research,
BNUS运输公♥司♥开♥发♥出了一个11英尺高的圆筒形管道
BNUS Transportation using 11-foot tall cylinders…
可将旅行者瞬间传送到世界的任何一个角落
can teleport travelers to any destination in the world instantly.
从布宜诺斯艾利斯到开罗只需花费一秒半的时间
Buenos Aires to Cairo in a second and a half.
你们要做的就是告诉我这个公♥司♥的价值所在
I want you to tell me what the company is worth.
详细信息在你们手头的文件夹里
Information is in your binders.
你们有一小时的时间思考
You have one hour.
好吧
Okay.
他认真的么
Is he serious?
所以这是我对第三季度的估计
So that’s it for the third quarter.
接着说
Please continue.
考虑到手上的所有条件
Because of these factors…
我认为BNUS的总价值在480亿左右
I project a total value of BNUS at 48 billion…
平均年收益增长率是52%
with revenue growing at an average 52%
这是对业务开展最初两年内的预测
per annum for the first two years.
我不认同你对增长率的看法
I’m not with you on the growth rate.
昌盖兹
Changez.
现在我有汤斯的五星安全认证
I’ve got five-star safety rating from A.B. Townes.
这些传输管道的成本在每根一千一百万美元左右
My travel cylinders only cost 11 million bucks a piece.
你的分♥析♥是什么
What’s your analysis?
– 你的公♥司♥一文不值 – 什么
-Your company is worthless. -What?
介意解释一下么
Care to clarify?
汤斯的部分我没有异议
A.B. Townes is all well and good.
但如果你要说服一位母亲
But if your business is convincing a mother…
你能成功地把她的五岁大的孩子
that you can successfully disarticulate…
分解成极小的微粒传送到几千英里外再重新构建起来
and then reassemble the molecules in her five-year-old thousands of miles away…
那这项技术目前在实用度和广泛度上
this technology is at least a generation
还需要一代人的时间来完善
away from practical,widespread usage.
这算是一种假设么 要知道单单做出假设可是不能创造利润的
Is that a hunch? Because you’re not getting paid for hunches.
不 看第六十八页 你的市场调查显示
No,page 68. Your own market surveys show…
这项目的72%的潜在消费者表示绝不会使用管道传送旅行
72% of your potential travelers would never use the cylinders…
无论你开出多少张安全证书也一样
no matter how safe you prove they were.
你的意思是我们公♥司♥该打包走人
So I should pack up and go home?
不 你该服务剩下的那部分人 然后把余下的投入物流
No. I’m saying you should pack other people up and go into shipping.
同一份调查表明 94%的客户
The same polling suggests that 94%…
可以接受你们使用这一手段 将他们的行李运送到目的地
of clients would be okay with you teleporting their baggage.
所以你们的业务重心不在旅行 而是物流
So your business isn’t travel,it’s shipping,
次级集装箱水平的物流
subcontainer-scale shipping.
周一你们就要面临真枪实弹的业务考验了
Real world assignments come in on Monday.
可不会有什么令人兴奋的事 你们都会失望的
Nothing too exciting.Everybody will be disappointed.
绝大部分人
Almost everybody.
从这里起步 然后去商学院
Plays out like this.First B school.
接着 设立属于我自己的避险基金
Second,run my own hedge fund.
然后 开展慈善事业
Third,Philanthropy.
二十五年后我就能全身心投入到消灭疟疾的战斗中了
In 25 years,I’m going to be devoted full-time to wiping out malaria.
要是有人比你先消灭了疟疾呢
What if someone takes out malaria before you get there?
那我就看情况找个别的疾病消灭呗
I’ll take the next available disease and kick its ass,too.
要是那个该死的懒鬼意大利佬也能学会这样的滑位
If that lazy fuck Posada would learn to slide like that…
今年的第二面冠军锦旗就唾手可得了
we’ll get another pennant this year.
我和你们这些人不一样 我有法学学位
Well,unlike you commoners,I have a law degree.
我要开一家能杀进财富500强榜单的公♥司♥ 财富要是十位数的
I’m going to run a Fortune 500 company until I hit ten digits.
昌盖兹 你呢
How about you Changez?
你对二十五年后有什么愿景
Where do see yourself in 25 years?
二十五年么
25 years.
我要成为一位手握核弹发射钮的
I’m gonna be the dictator of an Islamic Republic…
伊♥斯♥兰♥共和国的独♥裁♥者
with nuclear capability.
谁要苏打水
Anybody want a soda?
不用了
Nah,I’m good…
– 萨♥达♥姆♥啊你 – 说真的我有点被吓到了
-Saddam. -He really scared me.
搞什么鬼
What the hell was that?
那是赫曼
That was Herman.
他滑偏了 赫曼 你不要紧吧
He overshot his gap.Herman? Are you okay?
我没事
Yeah,I’m good.
希望我拍到了 刚才你的表情好赞
I hope I got that,your expression was amazing.
你没受伤吧
You’re not hurt,are you?
没有 就是少了几截头发 除此之外…
No,I lost a couple of inches of hair,but apart from that…
诶呀 有点失焦了 不好意思等一下
You know what,it’s a little out of focus. Excuse me!
你能再做一个那个动作么
Could you do that again?
– 再做一次 – 真的很赞
-Do that again? -It looks great.
行 没问题
Yeah,sure.
谢谢
Thanks,alright.
这一次飞高一两英尺
Like one or two feet higher.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!