现在辞职…
You leave now…
你以后就再也没有希望在这一行工作了
you’ll be giving up all hope of ever doing this work again.
任何公♥司♥ 你这是对自己职业生涯的自杀
Anywhere! You’ll be committing professional suicide.
我知道我让你失望了 吉姆
I know I’ve let you down,Jim.
我非常抱歉
I’m deeply sorry for that.
但我必须告诉你 我不想做了
But I have to tell you that I’m through.
你告诉我
You’re telling me?
– 你不用告诉我 – 我们能文明点吗 吉姆
-You don’t tell me! -Can we be civil,Jim?
你觉得就你一个人
You think you are the only person
遭受了不平等待遇
who’s experienced injustice first hand?
丢块石头出去 这个城市的任何地方
Throw a rock out there,anywhere in this city,and it’ll land on…
它都会砸中某个人的墓穴 他比你更悲惨
the grave of someone who’s seen worse than you.
或许你正在经历崩溃的生活
Maybe you’re having some kind of a breakdown.
你在做完这次的工作之后 我会给你休假
I’ll see to it that you will get some rest after this is done.
但是你必须尊重
But you will treat my commitment to you
我对你的期望
with the respect that it deserves!
我也要尊重我自己
And to myself,as well.
我对自己也有承诺
I have a commitment to myself.
你想以后去卖♥♥保险为生吗 昌盖兹
Do you want to be an insurance salesman,Changez?
身负抵押贷款 每天头痛
With a mortgage and a migraine?
这就是你给自己设想的生活吗
Is that the life you envision for yourself?
相对什么来说 我必须活在真实里
As opposed to what? I have to try to live in truth.
是你告诉我的 吉姆
You taught me,Jim.
给我穿上鞋 去那间办公室
Put your fucking shoes on,and you go down to that office…
做好你的本职工作
and you do the job you were hired to do!
这已不是我的工作了
It’s not my job any more.
他要怎么办
What’s he going to do?
是时候了
About time.
昌盖兹…
Changez…
这是因为我在篮球比赛里打败了你吗
Is this about me beating you in basketball?
你会成为很了不起的分♥析♥师的 温莱特
You’re going to be a great analyst,Wainwright.
那你呢
What are you going to be?
– 嘿 – 嗨
-Hey. -Hi.
你要搬家了
You’re moving.
是啊
Yeah.
我应该告诉你我当时在做的事情的
I should have told you what I’d been working on.
我该更多地接受你的 只是…
I wanted to let you in more than I did. It’s just…
爱上你的每件事 昌盖兹 都让我心痛
Everything about falling in love with you,Changez,hurt so much.
没关系 我理解
It’s okay. I understand.
对不起我说了那些话
I’m sorry about what I said.
你要回巴基斯坦了
You’re going back to Pakistan?
我没有工作 没有签证
I have no job. No visa.
我得在两周内离境
I have to leave the country within two weeks.
你想来吗
You want to come?
想
Yes.
但我的服丧还未结束
But my mourning isn’t over yet.
你已经两天没吃东西了
You haven’t eaten in two days.
很高兴见到你 卡汗先生
Good to see you,Mr. Khan.
你也是 雷尼尔教授
And you Professor Rainier.
拉合尔的外教状况现在就是”出埃及记”啊
We’ve experienced an exodus of foreign professors from Lahore
在过去的几个月内
in the past several months.
我需要你快速做出答复
I’d need an answer quickly.
两个月前…
So two months ago…
我还身处
I was sitting in my office
曼哈顿摩天楼53层中的办公室里
on the 53rd floor of a Manhattan skyscraper.
我曾活在梦想里
I was living my dream…
美国梦
the American Dream.
现在我回来了
So now I’m back.
我需要问你们的是 有没有
What I’d like your help with is,is there…
一个”巴基斯坦梦”
a Pakistani Dream?
一个不牵扯到移♥民♥的梦想
One that doesn’t involve emigrating?
似乎我们…
It seems we…
把乞讨的碗放在其他国家面前
we put out our begging bowl to other countries…
完完全全地按照他们说的去做
we do exactly what they tell us to do…
然后我们会鄙视他们
and then we despise them for it.
过了一阵之后 我们开始鄙视自己 我知道我曾这样
After a while,we start to despise ourselves for it. I know I did.
如果我们想要依靠自己…就必须谈谈税收
If we wish to be self-reliant… we need to talk about taxes.
我们说到了选择
So you were talking about options.
巴基斯坦现在都有哪些选择
What are the options for Pakistan right now?
您愿意来参加我们的会议吗
Would you like to join us at one of our meetings?
如果你看看统计资料 会发现我们其实没有税收
If you look at the stats,we don’t actually tax our population.
所以先从国家层面做起 再分到个人层面
So let’s start at the national level and we’ll break it down to personal.
这位是穆斯塔法·法祖
I’d like to introduce Mustafah Fazil.
这位是昌盖兹·卡汗教授
This is Professor Changez Khan.
说话啊鲍比 怎么回事
Talk to me Bobby,what’s going on?
还在进行中 需要时间
It’s called “progress,” it takes time.
没时间了老兄 我们必须把你救出去
Time’s up,pal. I’ve got to get you out of there.
今天不能再有第二个美国人被绑♥架♥了
I don’t need a second American kidnapped today.
学生们 请与警♥察♥合作 否则…
Students cooperate with police or else…
学生们怒气冲天 快要爆♥炸♥了
The students are fired up. It’s explosive.
如果你闯进来 就会毁了这一切的
If you come busting in here now,you’re going to blow everything.
他会带我们去法祖那里的 我知道
He’s going to lead us to Fazil,I know it.
如果你问不出雷尼尔的地点 那就是浪费时间
If you don’t have a location on Rainier,we’re wasting time.
我要进来了
I’m coming in.
你去外面 帮我保持他们的冷静
I need you to go out there and keep them calm for me.
他们不听我说
They don’t listen to me.
你的家人真的很担心你
Your family is really worried about you.
– 告诉他们我很好 – 打个电♥话♥吧
-Tell them I’m fine. -Phone them.
– 趴下 – 库伯 不…
-Stay low. -Cooper,no.
我们准备进去了
We’re going in!
一切还好吧
Everything okay?
– 怎么了 – 没事
-What’s going on? -It’s okay.
我们需要谈谈
We need to talk.
单独的
Alone.
– 警♥察♥合作了吗 – 别指望了
-Are the police cooperating? -Don’t count on it.
快 快 快
Go! Go! Go!
我们需要谈谈安司·雷尼尔
We need to talk about Anse Rainier.
行 那就谈谈他
Okay,let’s talk about him.
你看见报纸上的谣言了吗
Have you seen all the rumors in the newspapers?
你知道学生们怎么说他的吗
Do you know what the students are saying about him?
昌盖兹 听着 已经有特警队在路上了
Look,Changez,an extraction team is on their way here.
– 如果你不给我一点线索… – 取消啊
-If you don’t give me something… -Call it off!
他们到了之后 你觉得情况会变成怎样
What do you think will happen when they get here?
你觉得这些年轻人就会坐视不管吗
Do you think all these young men are going to stand idly by?
你要问问你自己 值不值得牺牲所有的这些人
You need to ask yourself if you think all those lives
来救出一个
are worth risking to save one.
安司·雷尼尔到底是谁
Who is Anse Rainier?
他是个学者
He’s an academic.
休息日的时候他教孤儿们学英语
He teaches English to orphans on his day off.
这个人一点暴♥力♥倾向都没有
The guy doesn’t have a violent bone in his body.
他还帮我校对了那本马索德的书
He read my galleys for the Massoud book.
他是我的朋友和导师 就像吉姆·克洛斯之于你一样
He’s a friend,a mentor,like Jim Cross was to you.
如果你说的都是真的 鲍比
If that’s true,Bobby,
你真的该仔细想想自己的朋友都是什么人了
you should think very carefully about who your friends are.
所以他们袭击阿富汗的时候 你在美国
So you were in America when they attacked Afghanistan?
– 是的 – 你怎么看的…
-Yes. -How did you feel…
当他们投射了炸♥弹♥
when you saw the bombs dropping
到你的兄弟姐妹身上
on your brothers and sisters?
我感到震怒
I felt angry.
美国人口口声声说平等
The Americans speak of equality…
然后就为了一条自己人的生命 杀害几百穆♥斯♥林♥人
then take a hundred Muslim lives to avenge one life of their own.
口口声声说民♥主♥
They speak of democracy,
却去支持帝王和独♥裁♥者
then support kings and dictators.
昌盖兹…
Changez…
你在教职员大楼有办公室吧
you have an office in the faculty building.
是的
Yes I do.
很多穆♥斯♥林♥人会被动地♥产♥生同情心
Many Muslims can sympathize passively.
战士要行动
A Mujahid acts.
有些东西…
There are items…
用来抵抗的工具 我们想要…
tools of the resistance,that we would like to…