但教练K的意思是 你是可以做到
With Coach K, what he wants to do is, you can do it,
但你作为团队能比个人成就更多
but you can achieve more with a group than you can individually.
这是军人心态
It’s a military mindset.
发生爆♥炸♥ 一块弹片飞来
An explosion went off, and a piece of shrapnel came
击中了他的眼睛
and hit him in the eyes.
他的眼睛看似正常
It looks like, uh, his eyes are normal.
但他没有眼球了 已经被打掉了
He does not have any eyes. They were taken out
被穿过他脑袋的弹片打掉了
by that shrapnel that went through his head.
他还在服役
And he’s still serving.
这就是英雄
That’s a hero.
这让我很感动
It definitely hit me in my emotions.
他们让我们明白了 我们奋斗的目标和意义
They showed us who and what we were playing for.
这是我们在伊♥拉♥克♥时 制♥服♥上佩戴的旗帜
These are the flags we wore on our uniforms in Iraq,
我们给你们都准备了一面旗帜
and, uh, we got a flag for each one of you.
希望可以缝在你们的热身球衣上
I’m hoping they can put it on your warm-up jerseys.
我希望你们一低头就会看到旗帜
And what I’m hoping is that you’ll look down,
you’ll see that flag,
并意识到 有成千上万的人付出牺牲
and you’ll realize thousands of people have gone before you and sacrificed
你才有机会成为一个好篮球运动员
so you can be a great basketball player.
斯考特 听到了吗?
Scotty, you hear me?
我们连着麦克风
We would be mic’d up.
在场上通过麦克风对他说话
We would say little things to him in the mic and talk to him from the court.
蓝队现在攻势很猛
Blue is getting into us right now.
所以我们白队必须振作起来
So White Team, we gotta pick it up as a team.
他们打得更好
They’re playing better than us.
你们都穿上了球衣 我知道你们都很骄傲
Y’all put y’all uniforms on. I know y’all got a lot of pride.
我们穿着这些球衣 感到很骄傲
We put these jerseys on, we feel a lot of pride
胸前写着“美国”
walking around with USA on our chest.
我知道你们都很骄傲
So, I know y’all got a lot of pride.
你们是我们很多人的榜样
You guys are role models to a lot of us out here.
我们没有机会告诉你们 你们都是榜样
We don’t get a chance to tell y’all. Y’all are role models to us.
我们尊重你们为国家做的一切
We respect what y’all do for our country.
听到那些故事 让球员们敞开了心扉
Hearing those stories, our players let their hearts be opened.
于是
And as a result,
他们成了美国队
they became the US.
欢迎来到国际蓝联特别世锦赛
And welcome to a special edition
of the FIBA World Championship.
今早 美国将迈出
The United States will take its first step this morning
夺回篮球世界冠军的第一步
in trying to reclaim the top spot in the basketball world.
在2006年的国际篮联世锦赛 是我们第一次作为团队随教练K出征
FIBA Worlds in ’06 was the first time we went as a team with Coach K,
更让人倍感压力的是 我们得争取征战北♥京♥的资格
and what put even more pressure on is that we needed to qualify for Beijing.
我们得拿下锦标赛
And we needed to win the tournament.
每场比赛 我们都要当作冲刺 而不是马拉松
Every game we play, we have to play it like it’s a sprint,
not a marathon.
这些比赛的速度很快
These games are gonna go real fast.
我们不要养成什么坏习惯
Let’s not pick up any bad habits,
especially the habit of overlooking anybody.
对美国来说很重要的是 他们肯定会有紧张感
Big thing for the United States is
you know there are gonna be jitters
因为这些球员都很有压力 代表球队
because all these guys feel the pressure of representing this team
拿下金牌
and getting that gold medal.
重点不是个人 不是我们
It ain’t about an individual. It ain’t about us.
不是为我们的球队打球 是为了美♥利♥坚♥合众国
It ain’t about us playing for our teams. It’s about the United States of America.
让我们为美国的每个人加油
Let’s do it for everybody in the United States of America.
数到三喊“美国” 一 二 三
“USA” on three. One, two, three!
-美国 -我们走!
USA! -Let’s go!
我们表现得很好
We were very good.
可以看出来我们恢复了风采
You could tell, like, okay, we getting the swagger back.
他们打得行云流水
They make it look so easy.
他们强的时候是真强
When they’re hot, they’re really hot.
每场比赛我们都尽力而为
Every game, we did our job.
我们势如破竹 屡战屡胜
We came out, and we put teams away.
我们打得很好
And we were playing very well.
安東尼
Anthony.
他多厉害啊
Boy, how good has he been?
美国仍在前进
United States are still on track
冲向决赛
to march to the finals.
但相信我 竞争会越来越激烈
But trust me, Jim, the competition will get tougher.
经过72天的比赛
Well, after 72 dates of competition,
到了各小组头名球队对决的时刻
it all comes down to the number one seeds in each of the pools.
排名第一的美国对战排名第一的希腊
And we’ve got number one United States going against number one Greece.
不要大意 好吗?
Don’t be sloppy, okay?
就像你们一直以来那样
And, uh, like you guys have done the whole time,
保持风格 拿下胜利
let’s be classy and and go after it.
希腊是欧洲冠军
Greece are the European Champions.
美国队要迎战的就是这样厉害的球员
That’s how good these guys are that the USA are playing.
我记得很清楚 恍如昨日
You know, I remember that game like it was yesterday.
他们有个队员 “小鲨鱼”
They had a guy, “Baby Shaq.”
还有小鲨鱼 舍萨尼迪斯 他是个大块头
And Baby Shaq, Schortsanitis, he is a huge human being.
大块头舍萨尼迪斯入樽
Up ahead to big man Schortsanitis for the dunk!
就这样 比分是36比35
And just like that, it’s 36-35!
整整一节 第三节
For one quarter, the third quarter,
我们打得很糟 他们打得很好
we were horrible, and they were great.
美国队的问题是 他们没有防守挡切
The problem for the US team
is they haven’t defended the pick-and-roll.
-好漂亮的传球 -好个传球
What a lovely pass! – What a pass!
我的天啊 这太漂亮了
Oh my goodness me, that’s how it’s done.
他们被咬碎了
They’re being picked to bits.
他们拿我们的进攻打败了我们
They beat us with our own offense.
当时的NBA 高挡切很盛行
The NBA, at that point, is now a high pick-and-roll league.
他们靠高挡切打败了我们
They beat us with high pick-and-roll.
迪亚曼蒂迪斯 回传上篮
Diamantidis, a pass back inside to go to the hoop
看电视的人可能觉得 “为什么不阻止他们”?
It might look on the TV like, “Why don’t they just stop ’em?”
可在场上打的时候 很难辨别
When you’re playing in real time, it’s hard to figure out
当下的情况
what the hell is going on.
他们还一直很自信
And they confidence kept going.
他们各种投篮
They was making shots.
他们打出了完美的比赛
They played the perfect game,
我们没能扳回来
and we never got back.
没进 大局已定 希腊获胜!
He misses. That’s it. It’s Greece!
他们打败了美国
They have defeated the United States!
美国队再次在半决赛中失利
The United States have crashed and burned once again by the semifinal match.
2006年 我们在日本输球时
When we lost in 2006 in Japan,
我从没经历过更糟糕的失败
I’ve never had a defeat worse than that.
你执教国家队 却输了
I mean, you’re coaching your country’s team, and you lose.
我记得输球后 大家都回了更衣室
I remember everybody’s in the locker room already after the loss,
我在球场上 看着庆祝的人群
and I’m just on the court, and we looking at the celebration.
我心想
And it was just like
“我们再不会体验到这种感觉了”
“We can never have this feeling ever again.”
我们不想上台领铜牌
We did not want to go up and get on that stand
and take those bronze medals,
因为我们觉得“这不是我们的实力”
’cause we was like, “We are better than this.”
时候不到
It wasn’t time.
你不能认为事情会按你的预期发展
You can’t think that things are gonna happen on your term.
我知道这感觉 不像在希腊输球时那么糟
I know I didn’t feel as shitty as I did when we lost in Athens,
但时候不到
but it wasn’t the right time.
(一年后)
(2007年8月 内华达州 拉斯维加斯)
我代表美国篮球队欢迎你们回来
On behalf of USA Basketball, I just want to welcome you back.
去年夏天 我们没能实现愿望
Last summer, we fell short of something we wanted to do,
就是赢下世锦赛
and that was win the World Championships
这样今年夏天就不用再打资格赛了
so that we wouldn’t have to qualify this summer.
但天不遂人愿
And it didn’t happen.
我们2006年输了球
We lost in ’06
因为我们自以为了解情况 其实并不
because we thought we knew the landscape, and we didn’t.
我们现在要学我们要打的比赛
We were gonna now learn the game we were playing
而不是我们在NBA打的比赛
instead of the game that we played in the NBA.
我要跟你们说说我们要做什么
I just want to tell you some some things that we’re gonna do.
那不自然
It wasn’t natural.
那场比赛不适合我们…
That game was not natural for our play–
球都不一样
It’s a different ball.
它有12块皮革而不是8块
It has 12 panels instead of 8.
有人投篮时 你可以穿过罚球线
You can walk through the free-throw line when someone’s shooting.
在奥♥运♥会上 你可以碰篮筐上的球
You can touch the ball off the rim in the Olympics.
有各种我们不习惯的小规则

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!