他们就像洋基队 你要么爱他们 要么恨他们
It’s like the Yankees. Either you love ’em or you hate ’em.
杜克就这样 就这么成功
That’s how Duke was because of the success.
在内城长大的人讨厌杜克
Growing up in the inner city, you hate Duke.
讨厌他们 你讨厌克里斯蒂安莱特纳
You just hate Duke. You hate Christian Laettner.
你讨厌JJ雷迪克
You hate JJ Redick.
你讨厌教练K
You hate Coach K.
你讨厌那该死的蓝恶魔
You hate the damn Blue Devil.
当教练K被指派到美国队时
There was no, like excitement
我们并不兴奋
when Coach K was, uh, appointed that position with Team USA.
他们宣布他要加入时 我们的第一个想法是
When they announced that he was coming on,
our first thought was, like,
“他作为大学教练
“Yo, how is he going to handle all these players
能带好这支球队里的球员吗?”
that’s on this team as a college coach?”
我有很多担忧
I had a lot of concerns. One is just the credibility
其中包括NBA球员对我的信任
that I would have with the NBA players.
显然我在大学球队取得了很多成就
Obviously, I had achieved a lot in the collegiate ranks,
但NBA可不是一回事
but NBA’s different.
首先的改变就是 你不是奥♥运♥会教练
The thing that changed right away was that you weren’t gonna be the Olympic coach.
你是全国教练
You were gonna be the national coach.
这是想让一个教练执掌四年
That was a step of trying to have one coach have a four-year period
让他们按计划行事
where they were running a program.
你要组建一支团队 这不能是幻想篮球
You have to put a team together. It can’t be fantasy basketball.
可以是全明星 但他们必须符合角色
It can be All-Stars, but they have to fit roles.
教练K和杰瑞 从一开始就强调了这一点
Coach K and Jerry, they stressed that from the beginning.
你必须认真对待 投入进来
It needed to be a commitment where you really took it serious
而不是一次性的
and not just some old one-off.
如果你想参与其中
If you want to be a part of this, you have to commit,
就得投入三个夏天的精力
you know, three summers, right away.
(2006年7月 内华达州 拉斯维加斯)
(距北♥京♥奥♥运♥会还有两年)
-你好 -你好
What’s up? -What’s up, man?
他们看起来心情不错
Guys seem in a good mood.
-你好吗?挺好的吗? -来一个吗?
What’s up? What’s going on? -Is that what you want?
很高兴见到你
Good seeing you.
我们全队在维加斯训练营召集
Our whole team met in Vegas for a training camp,
在第一次集♥会♥时 教练K就说
and in the very first meeting, Coach K says,
“这不是我们的运动”
“This is not our game.”
“而是世界的运动”
“This is the world’s game.”
我记得他很生气 怒不可遏
I remember he was mad. He was livid about that.
要我们尊重世界上的其他人
Like, we got to respect everybody in the rest of the world.
从第一天起 他就树立了威信
From day one, he established himself as that guy.
他的意思是 “我不是来教你们该怎么做的”
Like, “Listen, I’m not here to tell you guys what to do.”
“你们都是职业球手 但我们是工作关系”
“You guys are professionals, but this is a working relationship.”
“你们有话要跟我说 我想开诚布公 有话实说”
“I want y’all to talk to me. I want to be open. I want to be honest.”
你要明白 想赢得比赛
What you have to understand, in order to win a fight,
就得了解你的对手
you have to know who you’re fighting.
你们在跟自以为是超人的人对阵
You’re fighting somebody who thinks that they’re Superman.
他们没什么可失去的
They have nothing to lose.
从一开始压力就很大
From the get-go, the pressure was on. We lost last time.
我们上次输了 我们本该是最强的
We’re supposed to be the best in the world.
如果你不认真对待国家队的概念
So with the national team concept, if you’re not coming in
就撑不下去
and taking it seriously, you won’t last.
2004年输球后 我们都觉得 我们辜负了美国男篮
After we lost ’04, we all felt like we were letting USA Basketball down,
尤其是我们四个
especially us four guys.
我 德韋迪 布朗和卡美路
You know, myself, D Wade, Bron, and Melo,
我们是那支球队的成员 我们深感失败之痛
we were a part of that team, and we felt that agony of defeat.
我觉得起初 人们觉得
I think early on, it was looked at as,
“国际球员很弱 对吧?”
“International players are soft, right?”
“美国球员很强悍”
“American players are tough.”
可你仔细一看 就会说:“不 他们不弱”
Once you start looking at it, you’re like, “No, they’re not soft.”
“他们很厉害 他们有独特的打法”
“They’re skilled. They play the game a different way.”
我们必须学习他们的章法 别再找借口了
We have to learn their game and quit making excuses
别再把我们的章法强加于他们
and quit trying to impose our game on theirs.
如果我们学会了他们的招数 我们就能打败他们
If we learn their game, we will beat them.
你们和我不是什么都懂
You all and I don’t know everything.
我们尤其不知道彼此知道什么
We especially don’t know what each other knows.
这就是练习的意义 统一认知
That’s what practice is about, is all getting on the same page.
教练K让我吃惊的是
The first thing that surprised me about Coach K
他毫不在意任何人的简历
was that he didn’t give a fuck about nobody’s rsum,
但他一直表现出了尊重
but he always did it with respect.
我总能在要求每个人负责的人手下
I’ve always gotten the best out of myself
发挥出最好的水平
playing for someone that holds everybody accountable.
-左边走 -对 上去!对
Coming left! Coming left! – Get up there! Yep! Yep!
这是我们美国队的打法
This is the way we play on the US team.
不管队员是谁 教练是谁
No matter who is playing on it, who’s coaching it or whatever.
美国队就该这样比赛
This is the way the United States team should play.
很好
Good, good.
他跟我们说:“我不希望你们
He was the one who told us, “Hey, I don’t want y’all to not come in here
放下自己的自尊和骄傲 因为那才是真实的你们”
with y’all egos and y’all pride. That’s who make y’all who y’all are.”
你们要拿出在现役球队的
You have to give me the egos that you have
那股自尊心
in your current basketball teams.
带进这支球队
Bring ’em to this team.
好吧?把它放在一个自尊大伞下
Okay? And put it under one ego umbrella.
我记得坐在那里 听他这么说
I remember sitting there watching and hearing him say that.
我心想:“这话有道理”
I was like, “That makes sense.”
过来 就这样
Get up, Brad. Get up, Brad.
Uh-huh. Right there.
我最惊讶的是 你们之间无话不谈
The thing I’m most surprised about
is how well you talk to one another.
你们在操练间隙的互动很好
You guys are interacting well in between drills.
这种好精神应该培养起来
There’s a really good spirit that needs to be developed.
这很好 继续培养吧
You got it. Just keep developing.
两次
Two times!
训练很疯狂 我们在拉斯维加斯的 永利酒店待了一个月
Trials was crazy.
We stayed at the Wynn in Vegas for like a month.
我们在拉斯维加斯住了一个月
We lived in Vegas for like a month.
很多情谊就是在那时缔造的
That’s when a lot of the relationships that you see were sort of forged.
-快上车! -我还有家人
I got no say on the bus!
我有家人!
Get on the bus!
-拿着袋子! -我上不去!
Grab the bags, man!
I can’t get on.
I can’t get on!
我们有一群人连续35天 每晚都打牌
There was a group of us that played cards every single night for 35 straight days.
35天 你远离家人
You know, 35 days, you’re gone from your family,
但你…有新的家人
but you’re able to, um you know, it’s another family.
这是你的另一部分家人 就像我根本没离开家一样
It’s like another part of your family. It’s like I never left home.
-你明白吗? -我是这里面最帅的
You feel me? -I’m the best-looking one of the crew.
他们就像我的保镖 明白吗?
So you know, it it’s you know,
they like my bodyguards, you know what I’m saying?

No. No.
我宁愿你说“我有戒指” 而不是…
I would rather you say, “I got a ring,” than just say what you just said.
明白吗?
Know what I’m saying?
听着 你们所有人 这很重要
Listen, for all you guys, and it’s important.
都听好了
I really want you to pay close attention.
今早有人来给我们讲话
This morning, we have people who represent us,
人们没机会仰慕他们
and people don’t get a chance to look up to ’em.
甚至都不知道他们做什么
You don’t even know what what they what they do.
教练K很会激励人
Coach K is a motivator,
他就是这样
and that’s what he did.
每天都有不同的人来跟我们说话
Each day, we had a different person come in there, talk to us.
今天最重要的事 就是听
There’s no more important thing
we’re gonna do today than listen
听这些英雄要对我们说的话
to what these heroes have to say to us.
教练K从西点军校毕业 他热爱国家
Coach K being a West Point grad, he loves his country.
他热爱为国家效力
He loves serving his country.
他说的很多话
So much of what he talked about,
都跟他在军队的经历有关
there were always so many parallels to his time in the military.
这对他影响很深
So that ran deep with him.
事实就是 无私奉献成就伟大团队
Let’s face it. It’s what makes teams great, is selfless service.
把别人的需求置于自己的之上
It’s putting the needs of someone else before yourself.
在战场上 或许意味着迎接枪林弹雨
On the battlefield, it may be running into a a a wall of bullets.
为别人冒生命危险
Putting your life on the line for someone else,
达到这样的无私奉献的境界
and and that to that level of selfless service.
作为一个优秀的球员
When you’re a great player, you think you can do it by yourself.
你觉得自己能搞定一切 我自己就能赢 我能拿足够多的分
I can win by myself. I can score enough points. Whatever.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!