But you survived?
而你活下来了?
Thank you.
谢谢
I want to thank you for coming to this country
谢谢你今天来到这个国家
today to testify.
出庭作证
I don’t know. I don’t know what we’re doing here anymore.
我不明白 我已经不知道我们在做什么了
Don’t you?
是吗?
You tell us to think like lawyers,
你教我们像律师一样思考
but there’s something disgusting about this.
但其中有一点让我觉得很恶心
How so? This didn’t happen to the Germans.
怎么会? 这事没发生在德国人身上
It happened to the Jews.
而是发生在犹太人身上
What are we trying to do? We’re trying to understand.
我们到底要干嘛? 我们在试图理解
Six women locked 300 Jews in a church and let them burn.
六个女人把300个犹太人 关在一座教堂里活活烧死
What is there to understand?
这哪一点值得理解了?
Tell me! I’m asking! What is there to understand?
告诉我!我在问你话! 哪一点值得理解?
I started out believing in this trial. I thought it was great.
我一开始还相信着 这将是场伟大的审判
Now, I think it’s it’s just a diversion.
现在 我觉得 这只不过是在转移视线
Yes? Diversion from what?
是吗?从哪里转移视线?
You choose six women, you put them on trial,
选出六个女人 对她们进行审判
you say, “They were the evil ones, they were the guilty ones.”
然后说 她们是邪恶者 她们才是罪人
One of the victims happened to write a book.
碰巧有个受害者写了本书
That’s why they’re on trial and nobody else!
所以只有她们接受审判 其他人都没事!
Do you know how many camps there were in Europe?
你们知不知道全欧洲有多少集中营?
People go on about how much did everyone know?
大家不停地挖掘每个人知道多少
Who knew? What did they know? Everyone knew!
有谁知道 知道些什么 每个人都知道!
Our parents, our teachers. That isn’t the question!
我们的父母 老师 问题根本不在这里!
The question is, “How’d you let this happen?”
问题是 你怎能允许这种事发生?
Better, “Why didn’t you kill yourself when you found out?”
或者更深入点 为什么你知道后不自杀谢罪?
Thousands. That’s how many. There were thousands of camps.
成千上万个 有成千上万个集中营
Everyone knew.
每个人都知道
Look at that woman.
瞧瞧那个女人
Which woman? The woman you’re always staring at.
哪个女人? 你一直盯着的那女人
I’m sorry, but you are.
不好意思 你确实盯了
I don’t know which woman you mean.
我不知道你说的是哪一个
You know what I’d do?
你知道我会怎么做吗?
Put the gun in my hand, I’d shoot her myself.
给我一枝枪 我会亲手杀了她
Shoot them all!
把她们全杀了!
Why did you not unlock the doors?
你为什么不开门?
Why did you not unlock the doors?
你为什么不开门?
I’ve asked all of you, and I’m getting no answer.
我问了你们每一个人 没有人回答
Two of the victims are in this court. They deserve an answer.
今天有两位受害人在场 她们应该得到答案
This is the SS report. You all have copies.
这是党卫军的报告 你们都有复印件
The report which was written, approved and signed by all of you
这份报告在事故发生后不久
immediately after the event. In the written report,
由你们共同撰写 同意和签署
you all claim you didn’t even know about the fire until after it happened.
在报告里 你们都声称事后才知道起火了
But that isn’t true, is it?
但这不是事实 对吗?
Well?
说啊?
It’s not true.
这不是事实
I don’t know what you’re asking. The first thing I’m asking
我不知道你在问什么 我要问的第一件事是
is why didn’t you unlock the doors? Obviously.
为什么你没有开门? 很明显
For the obvious reason.
原因很明显
We couldn’t. Why couldn’t you?
我们不能开 为什么不能?
We were guards.
我们是看守
Our job was to guard the prisoners.
我们的工作就是看守囚犯
We couldn’t just let them escape.
我们不能让她们逃跑
I see. And if they escaped, then you’d be blamed,
我明白了 如果她们逃跑了 你们会被怪罪
you’d be charged, you might even be executed?
你们会受到惩罚 甚至处决?
No! Well, then?
不! 那是为什么?
If we’d opened the doors, there would have been chaos.
如果我们开了门 场面就会变得混乱
How could we have restored order?
那时我们怎么恢复秩序?
It happened so fast. It was snowing. The bombs.
一切发生得太快 又下着雪 到处是炸♥弹♥
The flames There were flames all over the village.
还有火 整个村庄成了一片火海
Then the screaming began, and got worse and worse.
然后到处是尖叫声 情况越来越糟
If they’d all come rushing out, we couldn’t just let them escape.
与其让她们都冲出来 我们不如把她们关在里面
We couldn’t. We were responsible for them!
我们不能开门 我们要对她们负责!
So you did know what was happening? You did know? You made a choice.
那你的确知道发生的情况 对不对? 你作出了决择
You let them die,
你选择看着她们烧死
rather than risk letting them escape.
为了不冒放跑她们的风险
The other defendants have made an allegation against you.
其他的被告对你作出一项指证
Have you heard this allegation?
你听说过这项指证吗?
They say you were in charge.
她们说你是主管
It isn’t true. I was I was just one of the guards.
这不是事实 我只不过是看守中的一员
She was in charge. She was!
她是主管 没错!是她的主意
Of course she was. Did you write the report?
她当然是 这报告是你写的吗?
No. No. We all discussed what to say. We all wrote it together.
不 不 我们一起讨论了报告该怎么写 然后所有人一起写的
She wrote the report. She was in charge.
她写的报告 她是主管
Is that true? No.
是吗? 不
Yes, you did! Does it matter?
没错 是你写的! 谁写的有关系吗?
She wrote it. I need a sample of your handwriting.
是她写的 我需要你的笔迹样本
My
我的
My handwriting? Yes. I need to establish
我的笔迹? 是的 我需要确认
who wrote the report. I don’t see how that’s appropriate.
是谁写了报告 我认为这不合适
20 years have gone by. Take her paper. Approach the bench.
这已经是20年前的事了 把纸拿给她 放到被告席上
Compare handwriting of 20 years? Approach the bench.
比较20年前后的笔迹? 把纸放到被告席上
I will not be overruled in my own court.
我才是本庭的法官
I’m sorry
对不起
I’d rather listen to you.
还是听你念吧
There’s no need.
没这个必要
I wrote the report.
报告是我写的
Silence, please.
请安静
Silence, please.
请安静
Order!
肃静!
You’ve been skipping seminars.
最近你老是逃课
I have a piece of information.
我有一条证据
Concerning one of the defendants.
关系到被告人之一
Something they’re not admitting. What information?
有件事她们没有如实供认 什么证据?
You don’t need me to tell you.
你不需要跟我说
It’s perfectly clear. You have a moral obligation to disclose it to the court.
你应该很清楚 把它公诸法庭是你的道德义务
It happens this information is favorable to the defendant.
可这条证据恰好对被告有利
It can help her case.
能够帮助她的案子
It may even affect the outcome, certainly the sentencing.
甚至会影响判决结果 至少能减刑
So? There’s a problem.
所以呢? 有一个问题
The defendant herself is determined to keep this information secret.
被告自己决心保密
A moment, please. Sorry.
请等一会 对不起
What are her reasons?
她的理由是什么?
Because she’s ashamed.
因为她觉得自卑
Ashamed of what?
为什么自卑?
Have you spoken to her? Of course not.
你和她谈过吗? 当然没有
Why “of course not?”
为什么 当然没有 ?
I can’t.
我不能
I can’t do that.
我不能那样做
I can’t talk to her.
我不能和她谈
What we feel isn’t important. It’s utterly unimportant.
我们的想法并不重要 完全不重要
The only question is what we do.
唯一重要的是我们的行动
If people like you don’t learn from what happened to people like me,
如果你们这辈人不从我们这辈人吸取教训
then what the hell is the point of anything?
那一切还有什么意义?
Schmitz?
施密茨?
You have a visitor.
有人来看你
Quiet, please!
请安静!
Gertrud Ballow.
格楚德·巴罗
Andreas Michael Springer.
安德里亚斯·迈克·斯普林格
Michael Berg.
迈克·伯格
Walter Sherman.
沃尔特·谢尔曼
Time’s up.
时间到
Are you coming in?
你不进来吗?
You took your time.
你挺磨蹭的啊
What is it?
怎么了?
Where are you going?
你要去哪?
I’m sorry.
对不起
I need to sleep by myself.
我想一个人睡
I’ll just be a minute.
给我一分钟

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!