You didn’t wake me.
你没叫醒我
You were sleeping.
你睡得很香
You can’t bear to have breakfast with me.
你无法忍♥受和我共进早餐
I’ve boiled you an egg. See? I’d hardly have boiled you an egg
我给你煮了个鸡蛋 瞧 我要是不想看见你
if I didn’t want to see you. Um, tea or coffee?
怎么会给你煮鸡蛋? 要茶还是咖啡?
Does any woman ever stay long enough
有哪个女人和你在一起时间长到
to find out what the hell goes on in your head?
能知道你脑子里在想什么?
What are you doing tonight?
你今晚有什么安排?
I’m seeing my daughter.
我要见我女儿
Your daughter? You’ve kept very quiet about her.
你女儿? 你可没怎么提过她
Have I?
是吗?
Well, she’s been abroad for a year.
哦 她这一年来都在国外
Did you say tea?
你刚才是要茶吗?
I’m going.
我走了
Have fun with your daughter.
祝你和女儿相处愉快
Tickets, please.
请出示车票
Tickets. Excuse me.
车票 对不起
Tickets.
车票
Tickets, please.
请出示车票
Oh!
噢!
Hey. Hey, you!
嘿 叫你呢!
Your feet. Your feet.
你的脚 脚
Hey, kid.
嘿 孩子
Up.
站起来
It’s all right.
没事的
There. Where do you live?
乖 你住哪?
It’s just up here. I’ll be fine now. Thank you.
就在那边 我已经没事了 谢谢你
Goodbye.
再见
Look after yourself.
好好照顾自己
I’m worried about him. He looks terrible.
我很担心他 他脸色不好
The boy’s saying he doesn’t need a doctor.
这孩子说他用不着看医生
He does. I don’t need a doctor.
他得看 我用不着看医生
Good, then. Peter.
那好吧 彼得
We’re not going to argue about this.
我们不必为这事争吵
Remind me. How old are you, now?
提醒我 你现在多大了?
Michael’s 15.
迈克15岁
It’s scarlet fever.
是猩红热
He’ll be in bed for several months, at least.
他至少需要卧床几个月
Complete isolation.
完全隔离
Emily, keep away. He’s contagious.
艾米丽 离远点 他会传染
Emily!
艾米丽!
How are you feeling?
你觉得怎么样?
Better.
好些了
I meant to tell you
有件事想告诉你
the day I got ill, a woman helped me.
我得病那天 有个女人帮了我
She helped you?
她帮了你?
Yes. She brought me home.
是的 她带我回家
Do you have her address?
你有她的地址吗?
Hello? Yes?
有人在吗? 我在
I brought you these flowers to say thank you.
我带了这些花来感谢你
Put them over there in the sink.
放到水池那边
I would have come earlier, I’ve been in bed three months.
我本想早点来的 但我在床上躺了三个月
You are better now? Yes. Thank you.
你好些了吗? 是的 谢谢你
Have you always been weak? Oh, no. I’ve never been sick before.
你一直身体不好? 哦 不 我以前从没生过病
It’s incredibly boring. There’s nothing to do.
太无聊了 什么也不能做
I couldn’t even be bothered to read.
我连书都懒得读
Well, thank you again.
那么再次谢谢你
Wait.
等等
I’ll walk with you. I have to go to work.
我和你一起走 我要去上班
Wait in the hall while I change.
我换件衣服 你在走廊等着
There are two more buckets downstairs.
楼下还有两个桶
You can fill them and bring them up.
把它们装满提上来
You look ridiculous. Look at you, kid.
你看起来很可笑 看看你自己 孩子
You can’t go home like that.
你不能这个样子回家
Take off your clothes. I’ll run you a bath.
把衣服脱了 我给你放水洗澡
Do you always take a bath in your trousers?
你总是穿着裤子洗澡吗?
It’s all right. I won’t look.
放心 我不会偷看的
I’ll get you a towel.
我给你拿条毛巾
So that’s why you came back.
你回来找我就是因为这个吧
You’re so beautiful.
你好美
What are you talking about?
你在说什么啊?
Look at me, kid.
看着我 孩子
Slowly.
慢点
Slowly
慢一点
Shh.

You’ve inconvenienced your mother.
你给你母亲造成了不便
How many more times? I’ve said I’m sorry.
还要说几次?我已经道过歉了
You scared her. I got lost, that’s all.
你吓着她了 我迷路了 就这样
That’s why I was late. Can I have some more?
所以我才回来晚了 能再给我来点吗?
How can anyone get lost in their own hometown?
谁会在自己的家乡迷路?
I meant to head for the castle, I ended up at the field.
我本想去城♥堡♥那边 结果走到了田野里
Opposite directions. None of your business.
方向完全相反 不关你的事
He’s lying. He’s not lying.
他在撒谎 他没撒谎
Michael never lies.
迈克从不撒谎
I’ve decided I want to go back to school tomorrow.
我已经决定明天返校了
The doctor says you need three weeks. Well, I’m going.
医生说你还要休息三周 我已经决定了
Peter?
彼得?
Hey! Ooh!
嘿! 呜!
Like this?
像这样?
That’s right.
没错
No, not so fast.
不对 别这么快
Ah!
啊!
It’s all right.
没事
Do it again.
再来一次
What’s your name?
你叫什么名字?
What? Your name.
什么? 你的名字
Why do you want to know? I’ve been here three times.
问这个干什么? 我已经来这儿三次了
I want to know your name. What’s wrong with that?
我想知道你叫什么 这有什么不对?
Nothing, kid.
没有 孩子
There’s nothing wrong with that.
没什么不对
It’s Hanna. You look so suspicious.
我叫汉娜 你一脸怀疑的表情
What’s yours, kid? Michael.
你叫什么 孩子? 迈克
Michael. Hmm.
迈克 嗯
So I’m with a Michael.
那么和我在一起的人叫迈克
Hanna.
汉娜
The notion of secrecy is central to Western literature.
西方文学的核心在于保密的观念
You may say the whole idea of character
可以说人物性格整个建立在
holding specific information,
人们之间未能公开的某些信息之上
which, for various reasons,
其原因可能是多样的
sometimes perverse, sometimes noble,
或卑劣 或高尚
they are determined not to disclose.
以致人们决心守口如瓶
You never tell me what you’ve been studying.
你从没告诉过我你在学什么
Studying?
学?
At school.
在学校里
Do you learn languages? Yes.
你们学语言吗? 嗯
What languages? Latin.
哪些语言? 拉丁语
Say something in Latin.
用拉丁语说点什么
It’s Horace.
这是贺拉斯写的
It’s wonderful.
很好听
Do you want some Greek?
想听希腊语吗?
It’s beautiful.
真美
How can you tell?
你怎么听出来的?
How do you know, when you’ve no idea what it means?
你听不懂意思 怎么知道好听?
What are you studying in German?
你用德语学些什么
I’m studying a play.
我在学一个剧本
By a writer called Gotthold Ephraim Lessing. You heard of him?
叫戈特霍尔德·埃夫莱姆·莱辛的作家写的 你听说过他吗?
The play’s called Emilia Galotti. You can read it.
这个剧本叫《爱米丽雅·迦洛蒂》 借给你看
I’d rather listen to you.
还是听你念吧
All right.
好吧
“Act One. Scene One.
第一幕 第一场

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!