哈维 海尔
Harvey Hale.
62岁
62.
出身名门
Quite a pedigree.
海尔法官
Judge Hale?
是他 心脏病突发
Yep. Croaked with a heart attack.
死在游泳池里
Dropped dead in his swimming pool.
你是在开玩笑吧
You gotta be kidding me.
嗯哼
Uh-uh.
你一定是开玩笑吧
You gotta be kidding me.
猜猜新任法官
Guess what newly made judge
如何处理巨大福利保险公♥司♥案
was assigned Great Benefit case in his place.
见鬼 这我怎么会知道
How in the hell am I supposed to know that?
泰荣 开普勒
Tyrone Kipler.
黑人 哈佛毕业 民权捍卫者
Black Harvard civil-rights lawyer.
他不会支持霆雷-博瑞特律师事务所的
He can’t stand Tinley-Brit,
他对保险公♥司♥毫不留情
and he’s tough on insurance companies…
他一直都在控诉他们
sues them all the time.
我们交好运了
Great luck for us.
慢着 慢着
All right, all right.
小子 你知道什么是造雨人吗
You know what a rainmaker is, kid?
天上要掉钱了
The bucks are gonna be falling from the sky!
现在是五点 你什么时候到
It’s 5:00 right now. What time you coming down?
立马就到
I’ll be down in a minute.
赶快来 我们要讨论一下紧急上诉的事
Get down here. We gotta talk about fast-tracking.
马上就到
Coffee’s on the way.
好的
OK.
楚门先生
Mr. Drummond…
你对这个案子的紧急上诉有异议
You’ve objected to the fast-tracking of this case.
理由是什么
What’s the problem?
嗯 尊敬的法官 哦
Well, your honor, uh…
这个案子已被海尔大♥法♥官 裁决好了
This issue’s already been ruled upon by Judge Hale.
我认为紧急上诉所需的准备工作
Uh, the preparations required for fast-tracking the case
对于当事人双方 都是不必要的负担
place an undue burden on both parties, I believe.
毫无意义
Nonsense.
我想问问你 楚门先生
Let me ask you something, Mr. Drummond.
作为一个辩护律师
As a defense lawyer,
你以前是否同意过紧急上诉案件
have you ever agreed to the fast-tracking of a lawsuit?
嗯 尊敬的法官 我想我同意过
Why, your honor, I believe I have.
好吧
Fine.
哪件案子 在哪个法庭审理的
Give me the name of the case and the court it was in.
嗯 呵呵
Well…
哦 尊敬的法官
Well, your honor,
我得回去找一下才能告诉你
I have to get back to you on that.
好吧 下午三点前给我电♥话♥
Well, call me this afternoon by 3:00.
我想三点钟之前我到不了办公室
I don’t believe I’m gonna be in before 3:00.
噢 好吧 等你到办公室后 就给我个电♥话♥
Oh. Well, call me when you get in.
我很想了解你同意紧急上诉的那个案子
I’m very anxious to hear about this case you agreed to fast-track.
是 先生
Yes, sir.
那个孩子正面临死亡 先生们
This boy is about to die, gentlemen.
你们同意我们去为他的证词录音么
You do agree that we need to record his testimony.
好的
Yes, indeed.
当然 尊敬的法官
Of course, your honor.
只不过 我的日程安排得相当紧
It’s just my trial calendar is pushing me around pretty good.
下周四下午怎么样
How about next Thursday afternoon?
我没问题 尊敬的法官
Great for me, your honor.
我不行 尊敬的法官
I’m sorry, your honor.
还有整整一个星期
That’s a week from today.
我可能要外出
I believe I’m out of town.
对的 星期四我得到外地去
Yes, I am out of town Thursday.
取证时间就定在
Deposition is set for…
下周四下午两点
Next Thursday afternoon at 2 P.M.
假如辩方不大不方便 那对不起了
Sorry if it inconveniences the defense,
但你们应该还有其他人
but God knows there’s enough of you guys to handle it.
好了 下一个问题
Now, what’s next?
噢 哦 尊敬的法官
Oh, uh, your honor,
驳回上诉的请求还悬而未决
the motion to dismiss is still pending.
啊 是的
Ah, yes.
那个请求已被否决了
That motion is denied.
嗯
Well…
我想结论就是这样了
I guess that’s it.
先生们 我们走吧
Gentlemen, let’s go.
尊敬的法官 祝贺您的上任
Congratulations on your appointment, your honor.
谢谢你 先生
Thank you, sir.
楚门先生
And, Mr. Drummond…
别忘了打电♥话♥告诉我
don’t forget to call me
你同意了哪个案子的紧急上诉
with the name of that case you agreed to fast-track.
我会找的
I’ll look around.
你知道怎么做了吧 我的孩子
You in over your head, son?
绝对是
Absolutely.
狄克想在当地饶舌音乐电台做个广♥告♥
Now Deck wants to do an ad on the local rap station.
虽然我一直爱听那个台 但我们负不起广♥告♥费
And as much as I’d love to hear it, we can’t afford it.
家具 出庭费 传真机花了七百五
Furnishings, bar dues, 750 for a fax machine,
租电脑花了四百块
400 for a lease on a computer,
一辆二手车交完首♥付♥
a down payment on a new secondhand car,
我们一文不名了
and we’re broke again.
狄克说 他对这种运作很兴奋
Deck says he’s thrilled with the way things are going.
凯丽 雷科
鲁迪 嗨
Rudy. Hi.
嗨 达特
Hey, Dot.
请进 你好吗
Come in. How are you?
我很好 你好吗
I’m doing good. How you doing?
很好
Good.
听我说 星期三晚上我要到克利夫兰去
Listen, I’m going up to Cleveland Wednesday night.
巨大福利保险公♥司♥的总部在那里
It’s the headquarters of Great Benefit.
我要收集所有董事的证词
I’m gonna take depositions from all the executives.
所以
So…
不用担心开销
And don’t worry about expenses, either.
我们会处理的
We’re gonna take care of it.
-谢谢你 鲁迪 -没什么
-Thank you, Rudy. -It’s no problem.
真不好用
It’s awkward.
这是我的合伙人 狄克谢佛来尔
My associate, Deck Schifflet.
-你好 -嗨
-How do you do? -Hi.
嗨 鲁迪
Hey, Rudy…
泰荣来了
Tyrone’s here.
好的
OK.
大♥法♥官到了
The judge is here.
哎 等一下 达特 把这给我
Here, wait, Dot. Give me that.
谢谢你
Thank you.
您好
Hello.
你好
Hello.
请进
Come right in.
谢谢你
Thank you.
这是勃拉克女士
This is Mrs. Black.
他就是大♥法♥官泰荣 开普勒
His honor Tyrone Kipler.
非常荣幸见到您
It’s a privilege to meet you.
应该是我感到荣幸
The privilege is mine.
噢 哦 请过来
Oh, uh, come on in.
这地方太小
There’s not a lot of room here.
挤得很
Tight.
我们到室外去看看
Let’s take a look outside.
你可以吗 我的孩子
Is that all right with you, son?
当然 可以的
Sure, OK.
很好
All right.
我来带路
I’ll show you the way.
我看着每小时赚一千美金的
I’m looking at a team of lawyers
律师班子
who are pulling down a $1,000 an hour,
我恨他们
and I hate them.
他们居高临下
From their lofty perch,
对整个司法体系肆意妄为
pissing down on the whole justice system with disdain.
我以前恨他们 是因为我不是对手
I used to hate them because I wasn’t good enough for them.
而现在 是因为他们代表的人