没有执照就敢迈进我的法庭
walking into my courtroom without a license.
立即从这里滚出去 拿了执照
Now get the hell out of here, get your license,
然后再回来
and then you come back.
去拿个执照
Get a license!
等你有了该死的执照再回来
Come back when you got a damn license!
如果法庭许可
May it please the court…
我是 莱奥 富楚门
For the record, my name is Leo F. Drummond
来自霆雷博瑞特律师事务所
of Tinley-Brit,
我是巨大福利保险公♥司♥的法律顾问
counsel for Great Benefit,
我要说
and I say
要是这个年轻人 已经通过了律师执照考试
if this young man has passed the bar exam,
尊敬的法官 就让他 参加本案的辩论吧
your honor, let him argue the case.
我们欢迎他加入律师的行业
We welcome him to, uh, big-time litigation.
你没有意见吧 楚门先生
You have no objection, Mr. Drummond?
如果法庭许可
If it please the court,
我将很荣幸 介绍拜勒先生
I would be honored to introduce Mr. Baylor
成为大田纳西州的实习律师
to the practice of law in the great state of Tennessee.
法官 您是可以现在就让他宣誓的
Judge, you can give him the oath right now,
而我也很愿意支持他
and I’ll be pleased to stand for him.
你确定你准备好了继续么 拜勒先生
Are you certain you’re prepared to proceed, Mr. Baylor?
绝对–
Abso…
是的 尊敬的法官 是这样
Yeah. Your honor, yes.
很好 那么 举起你的右手
Very well, then. Raise your right hand.
你是否庄严地宣誓 鲁迪拜勒
Do you solemnly swear, Rudy Baylor,
你将忠实地 正直地维护美国
that you will support the constitution and the laws
和田纳西州的宪法和法律
of the United States and the state of Tennessee faithfully and honorably,
在职业中竭尽全力
conduct yourself in the practice of your profession
尽心尽责么
to the best of your skills and abilities, so help you God?
我发誓
I do.
嗯 很好 那就让我们继续吧
-OK, fine, fine. That’s it. -Let’s move on.
-恭喜 -谢谢
-Congratulations. -Thank you.
欢迎投入战斗
Welcome to the war.
一个白♥痴♥主持宣誓 还有一个无赖来做担♥保♥
Sworn in by a fool and vouched for by a scoundrel.
哈维
Harvey.
我终于是个律师了
I’m a lawyer at last.
请进
Come on in.
请允许我 哈维
May I, Harv?
当然了
Sure.
嗯 请坐
Uh, sit down.
这场官司让我很烦 拜勒先生
This lawsuit bothers me, Mr. Baylor.
我不想用”无聊”这个词
I wouldn’t use the word “Frivolous,”
坦白地说 它没什么价值
but I’m not impressed with the merits of it, to be Frank.
嗯 我利用休闲时间
Ahem. I’m gonna try to sneak some gym time in.
事实上 我真是厌倦了这类官司
In fact, I’m really tired of these type of lawsuits.
我不是在推脱
Don’t make no excuses.
我倾向于驳回诉讼
I’m inclined to grant the motion to dismiss.
现在 你可以 向联邦法♥院♥提起上诉 明白了吧
Now, you can, uh, refile it in federal court, you know,
到别的地方去打这个官司
take it somewhere else.
别来烦我了
I don’t want it clogging up my docket.
请原谅 我去一下厕所
Now, excuse me while I go to the can.
你也要去趟
You, too.
鲁迪
Rudy…
我是个价码不菲的律师
I’m a very expensive lawyer
属于一个价码不菲的律师事务所
from a very expensive firm, and, uh…
我手里有很多案子要办
I’ve had a lot of cases.
玩飞镖也没失过手
I can hit pretty close to the center of the dart board,
我告诉我的委托人 巨大福利保险公♥司♥
and I told my clients, Great Benefit,
打这个官司要花很多的钱
that cost alone here gonna be a big deal.
而对于你和你的委托人 也一样
And for you, too. Your side, too.
现在 他们授权我
Now, they’ve authorized me…
给你和你的委托人
To offer you and your clients…
五万美元来和解这桩案子
$50,000 to settle this thing out.
我甚至还可以让他们再加点
And I… I may even be able to raise that figure up
比如七万五千美元
as high as, uh, maybe 75,000.
然后就不再承担责任 你明白的
No admission of liability, you understand.
当然 嗯
Course, uh…
要是你拒绝
If you say no,
那么就会引发第三次世界大战
then it’s going to be world war III.
轮到我了 可以吧 哈唯
My turn now. May I, Harv?
当然啦
Sure.
我看这儿没多少官司好打 我的孩子
There’s not much of a lawsuit here, I’m afraid, son.
可也许我能依靠莱奥
But maybe I could lean on Leo
为和解出个价
to make you an offer of a settlement.
他们也许愿意付些钱给你
They’ll probably want to throw some money at you
总比一分钟付莱奥好几千块划算
to keep from paying Leo a thousand bucks a minute.
可他已经代表辩方向我开价了
But he already offered me the cost of the defense.
噢 真的吗 多少
Oh, really? How much?
哦 七万五
Uh, 75,000.
我的天 嗯 仔细想想 我的孩子
Jeez. Well, looky here, son,
你要是不接受的话 一定是疯了
you’d be crazy not to take that.
您这么认为吗
You think so?
七万五 天哪
75,000? Jeez.
这可是一大笔钱
That’s a… That’s a bunch of money.
这可真不像是莱奥干的
Doesn’t sound like Leo.
嗯 我也这么想 他是个大人物
Well, he’s a… he’s a great guy.
怎么样
So?
房♥间里没有在开会
That was not a meeting in chambers.
那是一场伏击
That was an ambush.
发生了什么事
What happened?
他们插标把我卖♥♥了
They tag-teamed me.
是啊
Yeah.
你以为他们敢这么对待伯鲁瑟吗
Think they would have done that to Bruiser?
不会 伯鲁瑟太了解这些了
Nah. Bruiser’s too savvy for that.
然后呢
So what?
他们许给我七万五
They offered me 75,000.
好啊 接过来
Good. Take it.
我们应得的三分之一就是两万五 我们正需要钱
Our third is 25,000. We need the money.
海尔法官的态度是驳回上诉
Judge Hale is serious about dismissing this case.
他又老又暴躁
He’s an just an old angry man
大概是在那个位置时间久了吧
who’s been sitting on that bench too long.
我说 我们所能做的
The best thing we can do is grab what we can
就是减轻他父母的负担
to make things easy on his parents.
保险公♥司♥愿意出钱和解
The insurance company made an offer to settle.
什么价钱
What kind of offer?
七万五千美金
$75,000.
他们算过 那是打官司
They figure that’s what it’s gonna cost
要付的律师费
to pay their lawyers to defend the case.
该死的 他们以为这样就能收买♥♥我们
Son of a bitches think they can just buy us off.
他们确实这么以为
That’s exactly what they think.
你最好和他谈谈
You better talk to him.
你要和解吗 鲁迪
Do you wanna settle, Rudy?
我的意思是 你能拿到其中一部份钱
I mean, some of the money is yours.
决不
No way.
我想让他们曝光
I wanna expose these people.
妈妈 能请给我一杯水吗
Mama, could you get me a glass of water, please?
当然 宝贝
Sure, baby.
不管你能从这个案子拿回什么
Whatever you get out of this case,
用它来照顾我的家
take care of my family with it.
我真的爱他们
I really love them.
我止不住要想
I can’t help thinking
我们这些人 你争我夺 每日奔命
that while we’re all out there scrambling around for an edge
好像我们永远都不会死
like we’re never gonna die,
这个孩子却直视着它
this boy’s looking right at it,
独自与命运抗争
and he’s doing it almost alone.
我无法想象
I can’t even begin
这要有多大的勇气
to imagine the courage it must take.

Hello?
猜猜昨晚谁死了
Guess who died last night.

Who?
你根本没睡过吧
Do you ever sleep?

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!