把我围住了
Blocked off here.
嗯
Well…
对不起 柏蒂女士 我得歇会儿
Sorry, Miss Birdie. I got to take a break.
腰酸背痛啊
My back’s killing me.
我差点儿忘了 这是寄给你的
I almost forgot. This came for you.
啊 我的上帝
Oh, my God.
呕 太让人激动了不是
Ohh! Isn’t it exciting?
我真为你骄傲
Ohh. I’m so proud of you.
-我通过律师执照考试了 -太棒了
-I passed the bar. -All right.
嗨 来来 这杯敬鲁迪
Hey, come on. Here’s to Rudy.
祝贺你通过考试
Congratulations on passing the bar.
你那是什么
What the hell is that?
冰茶
Iced tea.
祝贺你 鲁迪
Congratulations, Rudy.
孩子们 干得不错啊
That’s some good work, boys.
我今天从万蓝德尔的案子拿到一笔钱
I got a check today from the Van Landel settlement.
我要给你们发奖金
I’m giving you boys a bonus.
每人五千五百美金
5,500 each.
谢谢你
Thank you.
再争取多签些合同 啊
Sign up some more cases, huh?
好吧
OK.
明天一早 准备好了吧
So are we gonna be ready for tomorrow morning?
九点整
9:00?
我们要准备辩论
We’re gonna argue
巨大福利保险公♥司♥的撤诉请求
Great Benefit’s motion to dismiss.
嗯 对 我觉得我们准备好了
Mmm, yeah, I think we’re ready. We’re ready.
狄克和我很清楚 我想我们准备好了
Deck and I have been going over it. I think we’re ready.
但愿如此 因为我可能 嗯
I hope so, because I might, uh…
我可能让你出马辩论 鲁迪
I might have you handle some of that argument, Rudy.
我们要是输了这场官司 会很丢面子的
It would be awfully embarrassing if we lose this case on a dismissal.
老板
Boss?
好吧 我得走了
OK, I got to go.
我来付账
Food’s on me.
你们享用吧
Enjoy your meat.
多谢 伯鲁瑟 非常感谢
Thanks a lot, Bruiser. Appreciate it.
情况有些不妙 我确信
Something’s about to go down. I’m sure of it.
他以前从不这么分钱
He never split money like that before.
你能想像 他慷慨的背后是什么吗
What do you think’s behind his generosity?
得了吧 伙计
Come on, man.
噢 是吗
Oh, yeah?
瞧这里
Here.
昨天 伯鲁瑟过去的一个搭档在大♥法♥官面前作证
Yesterday, one of Bruiser’s ex-partners testified before a grand jury.
我觉得他和大♥法♥官做了笔交易
I think he’s cut a deal.
迟早的事
It’s just a matter of time
-他会出♥卖♥♥♥伯鲁瑟 -那又怎样
-before he’s singing on Bruiser. -So what? So what?
到时你就得拍屁♥股♥走人
You’re gonna have to make a move.
走人 狄克 我才刚进来
Make a move? Deck, I just got here.
是吗 嗯 事情也许会很麻烦
Yeah? Well, things might get a little hot.
贿赂陪审员 逃税
Jury-tampering, tax evasion,
敲竹杠 应有尽有
money-skimming, you name it.
我害怕 真的害怕
I’m nervous, real nervous.
你怕什么呢 他们又不能抓你我
What are you nervous about? They can’t arrest us.
听着
Listen…
假设他们带着传票和封条来
Supposing they come in with subpoenas and hacksaws. Huh?
他们可以这么干
They can do that.
他们在处理诈骗案时就这么干过
They’ve been known to do that in racketeering cases.
他们过来 没收所有文件
They come in, they confiscate the files,
拿走所有的计算机 你手里还剩什么
they haul the computers out. What’s that leave us?
我并不担心被抓起来
I’m not worried about being arrested.
我担心我的饭碗
I’m worried about my job.
好吧 那你说这些是什么意思
All right, so what are you saying here?
开溜
Let’s bolt.
你有多少钱
How much money you got?
我我有五千五百美金
I got… Got $5,500.
我也一样
Me, too.
我们能租一个小办公室
We can rent a small office,
五百美金一月吧
$500 a month.
我们小本经营它六个月
We operate on a shoestring for the first 6 months.
这很不错
It’ll be beautiful.
我们平分一切 所有的一切
We split everything, everything
全都五五开
right down the middle, 50-50.
开销 花费 利润 一切都对半开
Costs, expenses, profits… everything right down the middle.
怎么啦
What’s the matter?
你不愿意和我合伙吗
You don’t want to be my partner?
啊 不是那意思 他们
Um, no, it’s not… they…
不是那意思 只是你
it’s not that. It’s just that you…
你提得太突然
You’re hitting me with this right now,
我的意思是 你得给我点儿时间 行不行
and I mean, you got to give me a minute, all right?
我是说 你不能说风就是雨啊
I mean, you can’t just spring it on me.
我们行动要快
We have to act fast.
好吧 那就动手吧
All right. Let’s do it.
我们先干段时间看看
We’ll do it for a while, see how it goes.
你手里有几个案子
How many files do you have?
嗯 我 我有三个
Um, I… I got 3.
把它们拿出来 带回家
Get them out of there. Take them home,
可别让人抓住 明白
but don’t get caught, OK?
有人监视我们吗
Is somebody watching us?
联邦政♥府♥
The feds.
我吃得太快了
I’m eatin’ too fast.
对不起
Sorry.
嗨 听着 今天早上我去了办公室
Hey. Listen, I went by the office this morning.
联邦调查局把大门给封了
The FBI was chaining up the front door.
伯鲁瑟到了吗
Is Bruiser comin’?
我估计不会来了
I doubt it.
伯鲁瑟和
Arrest warrants have been issued
普林斯已经被通缉了
for both Bruiser and Prince.
噢 天哪
Oh, man.
放松点儿 你可以
Just relax. You can do this.
不过是个提案 继续吧
It’s just a motion. Go on.
-我 -对 来吧
-Me? -Yeah. Come on.
我不行啊
I’m gonna be sick.
你熟悉这个案子 你会处理好的
You know this case. You’re gonna be fine.
听我说 我还没领到执照呢
Listen, I don’t even have my license.
我们用不着执照 走吧
We don’t need a license. Come on.
我对勃拉克的案子了如指掌
I’ve memorized the Black files cold.
我读过所有法学书
I’ve read all the books on jurisprudence,
了解取证和证物的规则
the rules of evidence and discovery,
但当我环顾法庭
but I take one look around the courtroom,
我才明白自己还乳臭未干
and I realize I haven’t even been born yet.
哦 先生 尊敬的法官 哦 呵呵
Excuse me. Uh, sir? Your honor, um, ahem.
我来参加 勃拉克状告巨大福利保险公♥司♥的听证
I’m here for the Black vs. Great Benefit hearing.
那么你是谁
And who are you?
哦 鲁迪拜勒
Uh, Rudy Baylor.
我为简李曼斯通律师事务所工作
I work for J. Lyman Stone.
噢 你为简李曼工作
Oh, you work for J. Lyman.
斯涛切是烟草的忠实支持者
Staunch supporter of the tobacco lobby.
斯通先生在哪儿呢
Where’s Mr. Stone?
老实讲 尊敬的法官 我 我不知道
Honestly, your honor, I… I don’t know.
他本来该在这里和我汇合
He was supposed to meet me here,
但我不知道他现在在哪里
and I don’t know where he is.
嗯 我倒不怎么奇怪
Well, why doesn’t that surprise me?
那么你想干什么 你想继续么
So what do you want? You want a continuance.
不是 尊敬的法官
No, your honor.
我 我准备参加提案的辩论
I… I am prepared to argue this motion.
你是个律师吗
Are you a lawyer?
嗯 我刚通过了律师执照考试
Well, I just passed the bar,
而这些人 是我的委托人
and, uh, these are my clients.
斯通先生 只是代理我提交诉讼
Mr. Stone filed this on my behalf
以便等我通过执照考试
until I passed the bar.
哼 你怎么这么大胆
Well, you got a hell of a lot of nerve