I’m sorry. It’s not what I meant.
我知道你不是这个意思的
I know you didn’t.
我们能拿三分之一 不过钱还没有到帐
We get 1/3, but the money’s not in the bank yet.
待会见
I’ll see you later.
你就把这女孩这么一个人扔在这
You gonna leave this girl all alone?
不会很久的
Not for long.
鲁迪 鲁迪
Rudy. Rudy.
我打算把你列入我的遗产名单
I’ve decided I’m gonna put your name in my will.
真的 你真是
Oh. You know what?
你真是对我太好了 伯迪夫人
You are just too kind to me, Miss Birdie.
热点新闻
Hot off the newswire.
维尔佛莱德奇利先生 巨大福利公♥司♥首席执行官
Mr. Wilfred Keeley, CEO of Great Benefit,
昨天下午在肯尼迪国际机场被捕
was detained yesterday afternoon at JFK
他当时正登上一架去伦敦的飞机
just after boarding a flight bound for Heathrow.
和她夫人一起
Traveling with his wife,
他们说是去度假
they claimed to be sneaking away for a quick holiday.
但是他们却无法说出
However, they could not produce the name of a hotel anywhere in Europe
他们打算去的欧洲旅店的名字
At which they were expected.
今天下午5时 巨大福利保险公♥司♥
At 5 P.M. today, insurance company Great Benefit
依据破产法
filed for protection under the bankruptcy code
在克立夫兰联邦法庭提出破产保护
in federal court in Cleveland.
多个州政♥府♥正在调查巨大福利 公♥司♥
Many states are now investigating Great Benefit,
还有很多连锁赔偿案已经被提起诉讼
and a number of class-action lawsuits have been filed.

Hello?
鲁迪 我是立奥德拉门德
Rudy, Leo Drummond here.
看来整个公♥司♥已经被洗劫一空了
It appears the company’s been looted.
我很抱歉 鲁迪
I’m… I’m sorry, Rudy.
我希望你能拿到你的那份
I wanted you to get every penny of that money.
这场官司没人赚到便宜
Everybody loses on this one.
我想让你知道
Wanted you to know.
谢谢你 德拉门德先生
Thank you, Mr. Drummond.
巨大福利公♥司♥就像是个坏了的赌博机
Great Benefit’s like a bad slot machine…
从不吐钱
never pays off.
我们要是拿那17万5就好啦
We should have taken 175,000.
我们到底在想什么
What the hell were we thinking?
这事简直乱套了 是不是
It just got all twisted, didn’t it?
这种法律
This legal profession.
美国的每个律师 现在都在谈论我
Every lawyer in America is talking about me right now,
但这些却没有让我觉得
but that doesn’t exactly make me feel
自己已经是法律事业的一员了
like a member of the legal community.
如果我全身心的投入工作
I might be able to go on practicing law
我可能能继续从事法律工作
if I was working with my whole heart,
但是这样我没法照顾凯莉
but I can’t do that and cover Kelly.
而她现在需要非常多的照顾
And she’s gonna need a lot of cover for a while.
所以尽管我还是热爱法律 我会永远热爱它
I still love the law. I’ll always love it,
也许我可以去教法律
but maybe I should be teaching it
而不是做律师
instead of practicing it out here in the world.
我需要时间搞定这事
I need time to work it out.
巨大福利公♥司♥现在一文不名
Great Benefit has gone belly up.
这曾经好像天上掉下的馅饼
Barring a miracle way off in the distance,
但是现在我们一分钱也没捞到
we won’t get a dime.
天啊
God.
你让他们破产了
You’ve put them out of business, Dot.
田纳西孟菲斯的一个小女人
One little woman from Memphis, Tennessee,
就把这群混♥蛋♥弄破产了
bankrupted them sons of bitches?
我明天会去丹尼雷的墓前
I’m gonna go to Donny Ray’s grave tomorrow
告诉他这个事情
and tell him all about it.
哦 凯莉和我大概
So, I guess Kelly and I
明天一早就要走了
will be taking off first thing in the morning.
我们创造了历史 鲁迪
We made history, Rudy.
你知道吗
You know that?
我们可以吹牛一辈子了
We can always brag.
再见
Bye.
毫无疑问我已经达到了事业的顶峰
There’s no doubt about it… I’m hot.
事实上 由于这个案子把我送到顶峰
In fact, I’m so hot after this case,
以后怎么走都是下坡路了
there’s no place for me to go but down.
再见
See ya.
我以后碰到的每一个客户都会期盼
Every client I ever have will expect this…
这种奇迹 一点都不能少
the same magic, nothing less.
也许我确实做得到
And I could probably give it to them,
如果我不择手段
if it didn’t matter how I did it.
但是那样的话 有个早上当我醒来
And then one morning,
我会发现自己已经变成了立奥德拉门德
I’d wake up and find that I’d become Leo Drummond.
嘿 你通过律考以后给我个电♥话♥ 好吗
Now, you give me a call when you pass the bar exam.
没问题 小菜一碟
Yeah, piece of cake!
每个律师都至少会在某个案子中
Every lawyer, at least once in every case,
发现自己越过了 自己不愿越过的界线
feels himself crossing a line he doesn’t really mean to cross.
事情就是这样
It just happens.
如果你一次又一次地跨越界线
And if you cross it enough times,
你会发现界线不存在了
it disappears forever.
而这时的你 什么都不是 只不过是个律师笑话
And then you’re nothing but another lawyer joke,
只不过 是脏水中的又一条鲨鱼
just another shark in the dirty water.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!