I ask that I might approach…
反对 法官大人 我们可以过来说话吗
objection, your honor. Approach the bench?
法官大人 我们得到的文件不全
Your honor, we were not given a complete manual.
法官大人 这份文件中的
Your honor, this document contains
附加条款部分是非法窃取的
executive memoranda that are stolen work papers
不能作为证据
and may not be admitted.
不能作为证据
May not be admitted?
立奥 你能够证明吗
Can you prove this, Leo?
法官大人 我请求你禁止他宣读该材料
Your honor, I ask that you instruct my colleague here not to read from
并且不要使用任何存在嫌疑的证据
nor to make reference to any suspect…
我不理解这为什么不能作为证据
I don’t understand why this is not admissible.
它不是在正确的时间内获得的
It was not proffered at the correct time,
我们不知道他怎么得到它的
nor do we know how it was obtained…
我昨天晚上才知道 存在这个东西
I just found out about this last night.
假设我现在不接受这项证物
Assuming that I can’t get this in now,
你还有其他问题要问证人吗
do you have any more questions for the witness?
没了 法官大人
No, your honor.
你现在可以询问了 德拉门德先生
You may cross-examine, Mr. Drummond.
谢谢你
Thank you.
莱曼切克小姐
Is it true, Miss Lemancyzk…
请问你最近是否
That you have recently been committed
入院治疗很多疾病
to an institution for various problems?
我没有入院
I was not committed.
我只是喝了很多酒 精神压抑
I am suffering from alcoholism and depression,
我是自愿去医院检查的
and I voluntarily checked into a facility.
我本应享受巨大福利保险公♥司♥的集体保险
I was supposed to be covered by my group policy at Great Benefit,
当然 现在他们拒赔了
and they, of course, are denying my claim.
这大概就是你来这里的原因吧 莱曼切克小姐
Is that why you’re here, Miss Lemancyzk?
因为你很气愤巨大福利保险公♥司♥
Because you’re angry with Great Benefit?
莱曼切克小姐
Miss Lemancyzk?
我恨这个保险公♥司♥
I hate Great Benefit
我也恨大多数在那工作的蛀虫
and most of the worms that work there.
那你和拉佛金先生上♥床♥的时候
Did you feel Mr. Lufkin was a worm
你是不是觉得他也是蛀虫之一
when you were sleeping with him?
反对
Objection.
法官大人
Your honor,
德拉门德先生可能对这个很感兴趣
Mr. Drummond might find this fun to talk about,
但这个与本案无关
but this is not relevant at all.
哦 我可不感兴趣
Oh, there’s no fun for me.
反对无效
Overruled.
让我们看看究竟是怎么回事
Let’s see where this takes us.
你是否承认和拉佛金先生有特殊关系
You admit to having an affair with Mr. Lufkin?
莱曼切克小姐
Miss Lemancyzk?
只要我和公♥司♥的高层保持性关系
As long as I had sex with certain executives at Great Benefit,
我的工资就会增加 就会得到提拔
my pay was increased, and I was promoted.
否则 我就会被降职
When I stopped, I was demoted.
莱曼切克小姐
Miss Lemancyzk,
作为巨大福利保险公♥司♥的雇员
as an employee of Great Benefit,
你承诺过不会泄露
you promised not to disclose
属于机密的理赔信息
confidential private claims information.
-是不是 -是的
-Yes? -Yes.
事实上 你说过要保守秘密
In fact, you testified that you sealed that promise
并索要1万美元作为报酬 是不是
by demand of payment for $10,000, didn’t you?
那笔钱不是我要求的
That payment was not my idea.
但是你接受了 是不是
But you accepted it, didn’t you?
你收了钱
You put it right in your pocketbook.
可你心里
Even though in your mind,
却丝毫没有要保守这些秘密的意思
you never intended to keep that promise.
事实上 你对巨大福利保险公♥司♥
In fact, you were very angry
和拉佛金先生切齿痛恨 是不是
at Great Benefit and Mr. Lufkin, weren’t you?
你知道 他们在欺负我
You know, they preyed on me,
因为我穷 单身一人带着2个孩子
because I was broke, and I was single, and I had 2 kids.
而你告诉他 你打算去见他的妻子
So you told him you’re gonna go to his wife,
要在报纸上公开这事
go to the newspapers.
而那一万美元就是勒索 对不对
And that $10,000, that was just a piece of blackmail, wasn’t it?
只是你向你痛恨的公♥司♥ 敲诈的钱财
A way to extort money from the company you hated!
是不是
Isn’t that right?
不 不对
No, that’s not true.
事实上 你今天的作证完全是一场谎言
In fact, your testimony here today is just a lie.
你偷窃了公♥司♥的文件
You stole company work papers,
还有机密材料 藉以进行敲诈
confidential reports as blackmail for revenge.
恶魔也不过如此吧 莱曼切克小姐
Hell hath no fury as what, Miss Lemancyzk?
真是个卑鄙的女人
A woman scorned!
我法官大人 我要求将所有这些
Your honor, I move that all documents
莱曼切克小姐提供给控方的文件
provided the plaintiff by Miss Jackie Lemancyzk
都作为窃取的文件
be deemed stolen work papers
禁止列为证物
and struck from these proceedings.
根据法庭所看到的事实
Based on the evidence presently before the court,
这些文件不予接受
these documents are inadmissible.
我没有问题了
No further questions.
谢谢你 德拉门德先生
Thank you, Mr. Drummond.
贝勒先生
Mr. Baylor.
莱曼切克小姐 你可以下来了
You may step down, Miss Lemancyzk.
对不起
I’m sorry.
-你好 -这是迭克席夫列特
-Hello. -Hi. This is Deck Schifflet.
我要找大个儿雷诺 你能帮我接一下吗
I need to speak to big rhino. Can you connect me?
大个儿雷诺 稍等
Big rhino? Just a second.
好
OK.
你好
Hello?
嘿 老板 我是迭克
Hey, boss, it’s Deck.
嗨 迭克 你怎么样啊
Oh, hey, Deck, how you doing?
很好 你呢
Good. How are you?
哦 我也很好
Well, I’m cool.
你还在吗
Are you here?
我无处不在
Well, I’m here and there.
啊 对
Ah, yeah, here and there.
听着 我有个案子 证据是窃取的
Listen, I got a stolen-evidence situation.
窃取的证据
OK. Stolen evidence, uh…
让我想想看 呃
Let me see, uh…
你查一下德索托的案子
OK. The De Soto case.
德索托
De Soto?
卡尔曼德索托 记得他吗
Carmine De Soto. You remember him?
红宝石俱乐部
Club Ruby.
是的
Uh-huh.
我在哪能找到这案子
Where… where do I find that?
呃 大概在92年那卷
Uh, around ’92, you’ll find it, uh,
我想想看 好像是650
let’s see, 650 something, uh…
西南第二上诉庭
Southwest second.
老板 你真救了我的命了
Boss, you’re a lifesaver.
92年
’92?
是的 红宝石俱乐部的案子
Yeah. Club Ruby case.
92年
’92…
卡尔曼德索托
Carmine De Soto.
卡尔曼德索托
Carmine De Soto.
红宝石俱乐部
Club Ruby.
红宝石俱乐部
Club Ruby.
那是上诉法庭的案子
It’s from the appellate court.
对 对 我想起来了
Yeah. It kind of rings a bell.
我找到了
I got it!
从布鲁泽那里弄来的
And from Bruiser, of all people.
布鲁泽 我还以为你不知道布鲁泽在哪里呢
Bruiser? I thought you didn’t know where Bruiser was.
我 我是不知道 但是我有个紧急联络号♥码
Well, I don’t, but I got an emergency-contact number.
我给他们打了个电♥话♥ 他们给我接通了
I call them, they get me in touch with him.
鲁迪
Look, Rudy,
布鲁泽最清楚窃取证据的事情了
nobody knows more than Bruiser about stolen evidence.
这算他的看家本领了
You might say it’s his stock and trade.
-喂 -鲁迪贝勒先生
-Hello? -Mr. Rudy Baylor?
-是我 -我是谢尔比郡地区检察官
-Yes. -This is the Shelby county D.A.
你今晚能来下我们法庭吗
Can you come to the courthouse tonight?
我想和你谈谈凯莉莱克的案子
I’d like to discuss the Kelly Riker case.
-当然 -到6号♥房♥间来