Because he can’t introduce evidence
提出证据 更何况那只是道听途说
that way. Plus it’s hearsay.
反对 法官大人
Objection, your honor.
布莱克家庭医生给德拉门德先生的
A… a letter from… from the Blacks’ family physician
信是不可接受的
to Mr. Drummond is inadmissible.
很正确 法官大人
That is quite correct, your honor.
我没有要求此信
And I’m not asking for this letter
被作为呈堂证供
to be admitted into evidence.
我只是想知道 证人是否
I’m simply asking that this witness
可以读一下这封信
be allowed to read the letter
这是根据田纳西州
under rule 612 of the Tennessee
取证法第612条
rules of evidence.
是为了让她恢复回忆
So her recollection can be refreshed.
贝勒先生 你觉得呢
Mr. Baylor, what do you say?
我不知道 法官大人
I don’t know, your honor.
但我反对这样
I just object to this.
而且在预审举证时
And also we were not furnished this letter
这封信并未被提出
in pre-trial discovery.
对此你有何解释 德拉门德先生
What do you say to that, Mr. Drummond?
我当时不知道会用到这封信
I had no idea this letter would be needed.
我本来以为这位女士 会真实的告诉我们
I expected this lady to tell the truth
她的医生对她说了什么
about what her doctor told her.
还有什么事吗 贝勒先生
Anything else, Mr. Baylor?
没了
No.
德拉门德先生
Mr. Drummond,
我不反对
I’m gonna give you a little latitude,
但是最好别扯太远了
but don’t stray too far.
没问题 法官大人 现在 布莱克夫人
Very well, your honor. Now, Mrs. Black,
这封信有没有让你回忆起
does that letter refresh your recollection
丹尼雷的那种白血病类型
as to whether or not Donny Ray’s leukemia
到底能不能通过
was the kind that could be helped
骨髓移植治疗呢
with a bone marrow transplant?
可是 他不是专家
Well, see, now, he is not a specialist.
但他是持照医师
But he is a licensed,
很有经验 年富力强
experienced, capable physician
而且反覆告诉过你
who lovingly told you time and time again
你理智上无法接受的事情
what you quite understandably did not want to accept:
不管怎么治疗
That your son was going to die of leukemia
你的儿子仍然会因为白血病而死
despite the best efforts of medical science.
是不是
Is that not true?
但是他不是这方面的专家
But he wasn’t a specialist.
我不相信他
I didn’t believe him.
不仅是信不信他的问题 夫人
Not only did you not believe him, ma’am,
更重要的是你失去了我
but you were less than truthful with me
及陪审团的信任
and with this jury moments ago
你可是发过誓的
when you told us under oath
刚才你说贝奇医生没有说过
that Dr. page never said that your son
你儿子的白血病类型
had the type of leukemia that could not be treated
无法通过骨髓移植治疗
by a bone marrow transplant.
我相信你的原话是
I believe your exact words were,
他没这么说过
he never said that.
他不是那么
Not like that
对我说的
to me.
他不是专家
He wasn’t a specialist.
我只是希望丹尼雷
I just wanted Donny Ray
可以接受最好的治疗
to have the best medical treatment available.
换了你 也会这么做的
You’d do the same thing.
当然 夫人
Of course, ma’am.
当然
Of course.
我问完了
That’ll be all.
你可以退席了 布莱克夫人
You may step down, Mrs. Black.
我是不是做的不好
I didn’t do very good, did I?
不 不 你做的很好 很好
Oh, no, no, you did fine. You did fine.
没关系 陪审团会
It’s all right. The jury can see
明确知道他想干什么的
exactly what he’s up to.
陪审团会知道的
The jury can see what he’s up to.
我想抽烟
I need a smoke.
我知道你需要
I know you do.
我们过会再抽
We’re gonna get to that later.
我希望他没有换过锁
I hope he hasn’t changed the locks.
你害怕吗
Are you scared?
是的
Yeah.
我们干吧
Let’s do it.
真成猪窝了
What a pig.
不好意思
I’m sorry.
快点 凯莉 快点
Hurry, Kelly. Come on.
我的东西基本都在衣橱里
There’s more of my stuff in the closet.
这儿的东西你是拿不光的 凯莉
You can’t take everything, Kelly.
哦 不
Oh, no.
嘿 你好啊
Hey, hello!
我回家啦
I’m home!
哇 真没想到
Well, what do you know?
看看什么人来了
What do we have here?
你们俩在这里干嘛 啊
What you two been doing in here, huh?
嘿 别激动 好吗
Hey, take it easy, all right?
过来 告诉我
Come on, tell me.
我是你的丈夫 还记得吗 啊
I’m your husband. Remember that, huh?
老兄 放轻松点
Take it easy, Buddy.
闭嘴
You shut up!
嘿 听着 别激动
Hey, listen, Buddy, all right.
我才不听你废话呢
I ain’t listening to nothing!
别激动
Take it easy.
你让我心痛啊 宝贝
You hurt me, baby.
你让我很难受
You hurt me so bad.
你干嘛要这么对我
Why are you doing this to me?!
不 克立佛
No, Cliff!
快跑
Run!
鲁迪 鲁迪
Rudy, Rudy!
克立佛
Cliff!
你这个笨蛋 你在干嘛
You idiot, what are you doing?!
你看到了吧
You see what you did?
凯莉
Kelly!
这就是你想要的
Is this what you wanted?
不是我的错哦
It’s not my fault!
我是爱你的 我爱你
I love you! I love you!
鲁迪
Rudy!
别打了 鲁迪
Stop it, Rudy.
别打
Stop.
给我那根棒子 快走
Give me the bat and leave.
什么
What?
给我那根棒子 快走
Give me the bat and leave.
你今天晚上没有来过
You were not here tonight.
给我那根棒子
Give me the bat.
快走 鲁迪
Go, Rudy.
你今天晚上没有来过
You were not here tonight.
他最终杀了她
He’s finally killed her.
不 是男的死了 她把他杀了
No, it’s him. He’s dead.
你肯定
You sure?
我刚刚看过她的
Just saw her.
怎么发生的
How’d it happen?
我不知道
I don’t know.
有人说 当你谋杀一个人时
They say when you commit a murder,
你起码犯了25项错误
you make at least 25 mistakes,
过后 你要是能记住其中5项就不错了
and later you’re lucky if you remember 5 of ’em.
这是自卫行为
It was self-defense,
但是我没法忘记他死了
but I can’t get past the fact that he’s dead.
这个错误充斥了我的大脑
And the mistakes are piling up in my mind so fast
我没法思考了
I can’t think.
但是凯莉知道
But Kelly knew.
她知道该做什么
She knew what to do.
她知道这是好机会

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!