这裙子真好看
Isn’t that a lovely dress?
是今天买♥♥的吧?
You got that today,did you?
要不要尝一口?
Do you want a sip?
– 喜欢吗? – 不喜欢
– Do you like it? – No.
千万别喜欢上这个,一旦喜欢上了,你就永远停不下来
Don’t get a taste for it either or you’ll end up like these drunkards.
来
Now.
她困了,可伶的小家伙
She’s getting restless,the poor creature.
其实我可以把她带回家
I can bring her home with me if you’d like?
我正准备走
I’ll be leaving now.
哦,我不知道这样好不好
Oh,I don’t know.
我的孩子可以陪她啊
My gang can play with her.
也行吧
Maybe.What harm?
– 如果你不介意的话. – 这又有什么呢
– If you don’t mind.- It’s nothing.
我猜他们把你照顾的不错吧
They’re looking after you well,I suppose.
是的
Yes.
告诉我,他们让你住哪间房♥?
Tell me,what room did they put you in?
厕所旁边的那间
The one beside the toilet.
他们给你零用钱吗?
Does he give you pocket money? Kinsella?
– 今天给了. – 你可真走运
– He gave me money today. – Weren’t you lucky?
– 他给了你多少? – 一磅
– How much? – A pound.
她省着买♥♥东西还是可以随便花钱
Is herself allowed to spend?
– 谁? – 艾琳,你个笨蛋!
– Who? – Eibhlin,you dope!
她可以随便花
She is.
我猜她还在喝酒吧?
And she’s still drinking,I suppose?
有客人上门就会喝
When visitors come.
– 他们经常有客人上门吗? – 他们上周和客人一起玩牌
– Do they have many visitors? – They had a card game last week.
有谁来过?
Who was there?
两个男的,还有一个上门推销有奖销♥售♥的线
Two men.And another man who came selling lines.
– 线? – 用来修缮学校的屋顶
– Lines? – To put a roof on the school.
你们诵经吗?
Do you say the Rosary?
不会
No.
– 她是不是一整天都在烤点心? – 是的
– She’s baking the whole time,is she? – She is.
– 里面放黄油还是人造黄油? – 什么?
– Butter or margarine? – What?
– 点心里面? – 黄油
– In her pastry! – Butter.
她有没有把冰箱塞得满满当当?
Does she have the freezer packed to the brim?
对
Yes.
– 他们让狗睡在哪儿? – 棚屋里
– Where does the dog sleep? – In the shed.
– 不睡屋子里头? – 我没见过睡屋子里头
– Not in the house? – I’ve never seen him there.
那孩子的衣服还挂在衣橱里吗?
And are the child’s clothes still hanging in the wardrobe?
– 那孩子的衣服? – 是啊
– The child’s clothes? – Yes.
你如果睡在他的房♥间里你肯定知道啊
If you’re sleeping in his room,you must know.
难道你都没有注意吗?
Didn’t you look?
噢,我要穿的衣服她都有
Well,she had clothes for me
但今天早上我们去镇上买♥♥了些新的
but we went into town and bought new ones.
– 就你现在身上这套. – 我很喜欢啊
– This rig-out you’re wearing? – I like them.
商店的销♥售♥员也说我穿这一身很漂亮
The shop lady said they were flattering.
“漂亮”,认真的吗?
‘Flattering’,is it?
好吧…!
Well..!
我想也是,在穿了那么长时间的死人衣服后
Well,I suppose,after wearing the dead’s clothes for the past month.
你不知道吗?
You didn’t know?
什么?
About what?
金斯莱家的儿子,你个小笨蛋
The Kinsellas’ boy,you dope.
他们捡到你真是得到宝了
It must have been some head of cabbage they found you under.
他出了什么事?
What happened to him?
那孩子不是跟着那条老狗跑,结果…
Didn’t he follow the dog into the slurry pit…
..掉进泥浆池子里淹死了
..and didn’t he drown,the poor boy.
反正他们是这么说的
That’s what they say anyway.
他们说约恩操起枪
They say Sean got the gun
把狗拖到田里打算杀了它…
and took the dog down the field to kill it…
..但他始终没狠下心来,真是个心软的傻瓜
..but he hadn’t the heart to shoot it,the soft-hearted fool.
可怜的艾琳一夜白头
Do you know poor Eibhlin’s hair turned white overnight afterwards?
– 但她的头发是棕色的. – 棕色?!
– But her hair is brown. – Brown?!
染出来的棕色
Out of the dye-pot,
你确定!
you can be sure!
去的人不多
There weren’t many there.
我离开时桌上还有一堆三明治
A mound of sandwiches still on the table when I was leaving.
还有葡萄干司康
They had raisin scones
还有些别的小点心
and some sort of an attempt at a trifle.
可怜的老盖洛德歪歪斜斜地躺在棺材里
And poor Gearéid lying crooked in the coffin
连胡茬子都没刮干净
without a proper shave even.
真不体面!
Shameful!
他们还拿了一串塑料的念珠放在他手里
And plastic rosary beads in his hands,
那倒霉混♥蛋♥
the poor wretch.
闭嘴! 我在跟你姥说话!
Shut your traps in there! I’m trying to talk to your granny!
– 你们好啊. – 约恩,你来的真快
– Hello all. – Sean,you were quick.
我们刚进门,是不是,孩子?
We’re only in the door.Aren’t we,girl?
谢谢你,乌娜,你真好心,带她回家
Thank you,Una.It was good of you to take her home.
她是个安静的小孩
A quiet girl,this one.
她只说该说的话,不说闲话
She says as much as she needs to say.
都像她这样多好,你准备好回家了吗,孩子?
May there be many like her.Are you ready,pet?
你在他们家待得还好吗?
Were you OK in there?
还行
Yes.
她问你什么了吗?
Did she ask you any questions?
问了一点,不多
A few things,not much.
她都问你什么了?
What did she ask you?
她问我你做点心时放黄油还是人造黄油
She asked me if you used butter or margarine in your pastry.
她问别的什么事了吗?
Did she ask you anything else?
她有没有告诉你什么事?
What did she tell you?
嗯?
Girl.
她告诉我你们以前有个儿子
She told me that you had a little boy
跟着狗跑,掉进泥浆池里…
who followed the dog into the slurry pit…
…淹死了
..,and died.
我过去一个月穿的衣服都是他留下来的
And that I was wearing his clothes for the past month.
我们出去走走
We’ll go out.
看来有人的马跑丢喽
Someone’s horse is missing tonight.
这是一扇马厩门
It’s a stable door.
你知道,渔民有时候会在海上找到马?
Do you know,fishermen sometimes find horses out at sea?
我认识一个人
I know a man
有一次牵来一匹小公马
who towed a colt in one time.
那匹马在沙滩上躺下
And the horse lay on the strand
很久很久…
for a long,long time…
.好像死了一样
.like he was fit to die.
直到它突然站起来,苏醒过来
Until he suddenly stood up,revived.
那匹马还好吗?
He was OK?
像新的一样
Good as new.
棒极了
Perfect.
总会有奇怪的事情发生
Strange things happen sometimes,don’t they?
今天晚上你也遇到了一件奇怪的事
Something strange happened to you tonight.
但艾琳没有恶意
But Eibhlin didn’t mean any harm.
她总想在别人身上找到善意…
She wants to find the good in other people…
..希望自己不要失望…
..hoping she won’t be disappointed…
..但总是事与愿违
..but sometimes she is.
你根本不用说什么
You don’t have to say anything.
时刻记住这一点
Always remember that.
有时候人失去了很多,恰恰是因为他错过了…
Many’s the person missed the opportunity to say nothing…
..保持沉默的恰当时机
..and lost much because of it.
凯特?
Cait?
看!
Look!
现在是三盏灯了
There are three lights now.
“海蒂”,- 孩子用清脆悦耳的声音回答道
“Heidi,”- she answered in a clear,ringing voice.
“这应该不是基…”
“That’s no Ch…”
基♥督♥教
Christian.
“…基♥督♥教…”
“…Christian…”
用手指着单词
Keep your finger under the words.
“…基♥督♥教的名字”
“…Christian name for a child.”
我要赶上你了!
I’m coming!
我要赢了!
I’m going to win!
“现在要说的是!
“And now open!
经过大规模翻新,百货公♥司♥”多加本”
After extensive renovation,broad department store “Don Garben”
重新开门营业!
is back in business!