玛丽怎么样了?
What way is Mary?
她快到预产期了
She’s nearing her time.
我猜最小的宝宝越来越强壮了吧?
I suppose,the last puppy is getting hardy?
是啊
Aye.
麻烦的是要喂饱她们
It’s the feeding them that’s the trouble.
谁都没有孩子的胃口大
There’s no appetite like a child’s
相信我的话,这个也一样
and,believe you me,this one here is no different.
嗯,我们不都是拼命地吃,又拼命的长吗
Well,we all eat in spurts,the same as we grow.
她的胃口也大,但你们可以使唤她干活
She’ll ate but you can work her.
完全没有必要
There’s no need for any of that.
我们很乐意留下这孩子
We keep the child gladly.
这里欢迎她
She’s more than welcome.
她会把你们家吃个精光
She’ll ate you out of your house and home.
而且一年到头下来,吃了什么都忘得一干二净
But I don’t suppose there’ll be a word about that this time twelve months.
我想尿尿
I have to pee.
现在
Now.
我得上路了
I’d better hit the road.
着什么急啊?
What hurry is on you?
回程的路很远
Long drive back.
我还没给马铃薯浇水呢
The spuds to spray yet.
晚上凉快,不用担心它们会蔫了,等我两分钟
There’s no fear of blight these evenings.Back in a minute.
把这些带给玛丽
Give this to Mary.
大黄快把我埋住了,今年什么天气啊真是
I’m snowed under with rhubarb whatever kind of year it is.
好了
Now.
祝你们好运啊
Good luck to you now.
别惹事儿啊,你
Try not to fall into the fire,you.
哪儿不舒服,孩子?
Are you all right,love?
上帝啊,他是不是把你的行李都忘了就走了
Lord God,he left with the poor girl’s suitcase in the car.
进来
In you go.
– 太烫了. – 一会就习惯了
– It’s hot.- You’ll get used to it.
现在,给你穿衣服
Now,your clothes.
我没有衣服
I don’t have any clothes.
那你可以暂时将就穿我们的旧衣服吗?
Would some of our old things do you for now?
– 我不介意. – 好孩子
– I don’t mind.- Good girl.
好了
Now.
妈妈说我得每天换内♥裤♥
My mam says I have to change my pants every day.
你妈妈还说了什么?
What else does your mother say?
她还说你们想留我多久就留我多久
That you can keep me for as long as you like.
下来跟我去井边好吗?
Now,will you come down to the well with me?
现在吗?
Now?
现在不行吗?
Does now not suit you?
是秘密吗?
Is it a secret?
什么?
What?
我不能说出去吗?
Am I not supposed to tell?
这个家里没有秘密
There are no secrets in this house.
听见了吗?
Do you hear me?
你听见了吗?
Do you hear me?
– 嗯. – 嗯,什么?
– Yes.- Yes,what?
是的,这个家里没有秘密
Yes,there are no secrets in this house.
有秘密的地方,就有羞耻
If there are secrets in a house,there is shame in that house.
而我们不需要羞耻
We don’t want any shame here.
好的
OK.
你太小了,还不懂
You’re too young to understand.
来吧
Come on.
看
Look at that.
谁想得到从这个月开始就没下过雨
You wouldn’t think we’ve had no rain all month.
尝一尝
Drink some.
你小心
Now,be careful.
很深
It’s deep.
睡觉前要不要喝一杯热热的牛奶?
Now,do you want to bring a cup of hot milk up with you?
妈妈不让我在睡觉前喝东西
Mam doesn’t let me drink anything before bed.
好吧…
Well…
…那我们就按照你妈妈的规矩来吧
..we’ll stick with Mammy’s way so.
约恩,凯特要上♥床♥睡觉了
Sean,Cait is going to bed.
晚安
Good night.
我们上楼去吧
We’ll go up.
哦,我需要来开吗? 还是你觉得就这样好了?
Oh,pardon me.Would you prefer I left it open?
你怕黑吗?
Are you afraid of the dark?
别理我了
Don’t mind me.
你还好吗?
Are you OK?
你妈妈好吗?
Is your mammy OK?
你指什么?
What do you mean?
你妈妈,她好吗?
Your mammy,is she OK?
她以前早晨起来总是犯恶心,现在好多了
She’d been throwing up until recently,but she’s stopped now.
怎么还没把甘草收回去?
Why isn’t the hay in?
她没有钱付给工人
She doesn’t have enough to pay the man.
愿上帝保佑她
God help her.
要是我给她一些钱,她会觉得被冒犯吗?
Would she be offended if I sent her some money?
– 冒犯? – 你觉得她介意吗?
– Offended? – Would she be cross?
她不会,但爸爸会
She wouldn’t,but Dad would.
也是,你父亲
Your father.
晚安,孩子
Goodnight,pet.
愿上帝保佑你
God help you.
如果你是我的孩子…
If you were mine…
…我绝不会把你留在陌生人的家里
…I would never leave you in a house with strangers.
睡得好吗? 亲爱的
Did you sleep well,love?
我的上帝啊
Lord God Almighty.
来看看
Look at that.
这些老床垫,它们在哭,总是在哭
These old mattresses.They’re always weeping.
我是怎么想的,让你睡在上面?
What was I thinking putting you on one of these?
好姑娘,换掉你的睡衣
Take off the pyjamas,good girl.
到点了
It’s time.
你今天能不能带着凯特?
Do you want to bring Cait with you today?
让她熟悉一下农场?
Show her the farm?
这周农活很忙
The work will be a little difficult this week.
– 不行吗? – 要不还是下次吧
– Will it? – Another time,maybe.
好吧
Well.
这样的话…
If so…
…我们一起来吧
…we’ll begin.
干着活儿需要细心
You need to be careful with it.
二十三…
Twenty-three…
…二十四…
…twenty-four…
二十五…
twenty-five…
二十六…
twenty-six…
二十七…
twenty-seven…
…二十八
…twenty-eight.
这可是个秘密
It’s a secret.
没有多少人知道,但这对皮肤特别好
Not many people know about it,but it does wonders for the skin.
看看,我现在的痘痘少多了
Look at me,I haven’t so much as a pimple.
但你说这个家里没有秘密
I thought there were no secrets in this house.
噢…
Well…
…这不一样
…this is different.
这是一种秘密配方
More like a secret recipe.
四十三…
Forty-three…
…四十四…
…forty-four…
四十五…
forty-five…
四十六…
forty-six…
…四十七
…forty-seven.
– 容易腐烂的? – 就是容易坏的食物
– Perishables? – Food that doesn’t last very long.
放进去能保存好久都不会坏
You put them in here and they stay as they are.
– 放进去就不会腐烂. – 没错
– They don’t grow old? – Exactly.
就想像”青春之地”?
Like The Land of Youth?
就像”提尔纳诺”(爱尔兰语: 青春之地)
Like The Land of Youth!
你已经开始上手了
You’re getting the hang of it.
小心手
Careful of your hand.
等我一下
Excuse me.
喂? 72599…
Hello? 72599…
九十四…
Ninety-four…
…九十五…
…ninety-five…
…九十六…
…ninety-six…