‘Hello, Thomas.’
您好,夫人
Hello, ma’am.
这么说吧,我做了一件蠢事
Say that I’ve done something foolish.
我过河时弄断了传动轴
I’ve broken the prop shaft crossing the river.
您确定吗,夫人
Are you sure, ma’am.
我当然确定
Yes, of course I’m sure.
是前轴,不是后轴
It’s the front one, not the rear
失去四轮驱动力
Lost the four-wheel drive.
别忘了,我在战时曾经是机修工
Don’t forget, I used to be a mechanic during the war.
那…您没事吧?
And…are you all right?
没事,我好得很
No, no, I’m perfectly all right.
我们马上就赶去
We’ll come out straight away.
多谢了,我在车子旁边等。你真好心,再见
Thank you very much. I’ll wait by the car. You are kind. Bye.
你真美
Oh, you’re a beauty.
去!去!快走!
Shoo! Shoo! Go on!
走啊
Go on.
听说外面有新闻工作者
I’ve been told there are news crews outside
等着你向人♥民♥发言
waiting for you to come speak to the people.
没错
Yes.
这是怎么回事?
What’s all that about?
我跟女王的私人秘书说过,我要尽力帮助应付新闻界
I told the Queen’s private secretary I‘ll what I could to help with the press.
为什么?
Why?
你不觉得她活该吗?
Don’t you think she deserves it
光坐在她那4万英亩庄园里
sitting up there on her 40,000 acres?
是的,但放任她作茧自缚,也许不符我们的最佳利益
Yes, but allowing her to hang herself might not be in our best interests either.
而且,我认为这有些丑陋
Besides, I think there’s something ugly
大家以这种方式欺负她
about the way everyone’s started to bully her.
显然你最先考虑的的事情…是
The first thing that you obviously think about…is…
是你其他的家人,而我…
is the rest of your family, and I…
她几时才会回伦敦,布莱尔先生?
When’s she coming to London, Mr Blair?
她是我们的名义领袖
‘She’s our figurehead.’
她是的。而且她的心思与我们同在。
‘She is. And her thoughts are with us all.
她要我转告聚集起来的群众…
She wanted me to pass on to the people crowding around… ‘
利用空余时间,首相走下唐宁街…
‘ln a spare moment, the Prime Minister went down Downing Street… ‘
孩子们好吗?
How are the boys?
今晚不太好
Not so good tonight.
老是在甩门
A lot of slamming doors.
我想他们看到了报纸
I think they saw the papers.
噢,不
Oh, no!
我明天一早再带他们出去
I’ll take them out early again tomorrow morning.
也许能拿那头公鹿出气
Perhaps they’ll take it out on the stag.
你觉得王室的行为如何?
‘What do you think of the way as the royal family’s behaved? ‘
他们犯个了严重的错误
‘They’ve made a serious mistake.’
什么?
Pardon?
他们犯了严重的错误
They’ve made a serious mistake.
为什么?你什么意思?
‘Why? What do you mean? ‘
呃,他们本应该来,他们本应该…
‘Well, they should’ve came. they should’ve…
…王室周日下午应该来白金汉宫
‘The family should have come down to Buckingham Palace on Sunday afternoon,
他们全体。我…
‘all of them. I…
那姑娘被抛下了
‘That girl’s been left on her own.
她孤零零的在那里,而且那地方是空的
‘She’s on her own up there and the place is empty.’
拜托
Oh, please!
睡在街头,拉扯着头发
Sleeping in the streets and pulling out their hair?
为了一个他们从不认识的人?
For someone they never knew?
而他们还觉得是我们疯了?
And they think we’re mad?
你看过葬礼来宾名单吗?
Have you seen the funeral guest list?
没有
No.
我建议你别看
I suggest you keep it that way.
一个肥皂剧明星和同性恋的合唱团
A chorus line of soap stars and homosexuals.
显然,艾尔顿·约翰逊还要唱歌♥
Apparently, Elton John is going to be singing.
那将是威斯敏斯特大教堂的头一遭
That’ll be a first for Westminster Abbey.
全世界每个大城市的使♥馆♥都有签名簿
Condolence books are being signed in embassies in every major city in the world,
而在伦敦,数量已达到40本
and in London alone, the number has reached 40.
让我想起那些电影里的一部
It reminds me of one of those films
我们少量人在堡垒里
a few of us in a fort,
外面一大堆祖鲁人
hordes of Zulus outside.
因此,固守阵地至关重要。
So, it’s vital you hold firm.
握紧你的枪。你等着。他们很快会恢复理智。
Stick to your guns. You wait. They will come to their senses soon.
他们必须如此
They have to.
来,过去一点,小白菜。
Come on, move over, Cabbage.
早安,9月4日清晨6点
‘Good morning on 6 a’clock on Thursday 4th September.’
我是潘妮·史密斯
I’m Penny Smith
我是马修·罗伦佐
I’m Matthew Lorenzo
随着民众开始在戴安娜王妃送葬队列的路线扎营
‘As people start camping out on the route of Princess Diana’s funeral cortège,
很多人提出问题
‘questions are been asked about
在这国丧之时,女王为什么仍然不着手处理?
why the Queen hasn’t addressed her subjects at this time of national grieve ? ‘
今天的早报是这么写的
‘This is what the newspapers are saying this morning,
《太阳报》:我们的女王在哪里?
“The Sun ‘Where is our Queen?
她的旗子在哪里?
Where is her flag?”‘
《快报》:
The Express,
让我们知道你关心
“Show us you care.”
一张臭脸的女王照
A picture of a grumpy Queen.
《邮报》:
The Mail,
请降半旗
“Let the flag fly at half mast,”
内页:女王应该回来,以示尊重。
and inside, “The Queen should be here to show her respects.”
但翻页写道:
But the flip side is
布莱尔现在比邱吉尔更受欢迎
“Blair more popular now than Churchill, shock.”
他们有没有注意到我们的支持声明?
Did they pick up on our statement of support?
只有一家报社
Just the one.
《卫报》”布莱尔为顽固的王室辩护”
支持的声明卖♥♥不动报纸
Statements of support don’t sell papers.
对
Right.
夫人!夫人!
Ma’am! Ma’am!
首相打来找您,夫人
The Prime minister for you, ma’am.
恐怕他相当坚持
I’m afraid he’s rather insisting.
我到厨房♥接
I’ll take it in the kitchen.
早安,我很抱歉打扰你们
Good morning. I’m so sorry to disturb you.
我只是在等一通接到这里的电♥话♥
I’m just expecting a phone call to be put through here.
出去
Out!
哦,就是它
Oh, there it is.
谢谢你,彼得
Thank you, Peter.
早安,首相
Good morning, Prime Minister.
早安,夫人
Good morning, ma’am.
您看过今天的头条吗?
You’ve seen today’s headlines?
是的,我看过了
Yes, I have.
那我肯定您一定同意…情况变得…
Then I’m sure you’ll agree the situation has become…
相当危险
quite critical.
夫人?
‘Ma’am? ‘
一项明天将刊登的民调显示…
A poll that’s to be published in tomorrow’s papers suggests
70%的民众相信,您的行为已损害了君主制度
that 70% of people believe your actions have damaged the monarchy…
另外还有
…and that
四分之一,现在支持彻底废除君主制
…one in four are now in favour of abolishing the monarchy altogether.
身为您的首相
As your Prime Minister,
我相信,这是我的宪法职责…
I believe it is my constitutional responsibility…
提出下列建议
to advise the following…
伊丽莎白太后起床了吗?
Is Queen Elizabeth up yet?
妈妈?
Mummy?
第一:
One,
白金汉宫,及所有其它王室住♥宅♥,降半旗
fly the flag at half mast and all other royal residences.
第二:离开巴尔莫勒尔,尽快飞回伦敦
Two, leave Balmoral and fly to London at the earliest opportunity.
第三:亲自到戴安娜的灵柩前致哀
Three, pay our respects in person at Diana’s coffin.
还有第四:发表声明,通过电视直播
And four, make a statement, via live television,
对我的人♥民♥以及世界
to my people and the world.
迅速开展这些事项,可能…
Swift prosecution of these matters might
他觉得,只是可能,避免灾难
he felt, just might, avert disaster.
你得和宫务大臣谈谈这事
You will have to talk to the Lord Chamberlain about this.
我谈过了,还和罗伯特·费洛斯谈过
I have, and to Robert Fellowes.
看来他俩都同意布莱尔先生
It seems they both agree with Mr Blair.
– 哦,我明白了 – 出了一些事
– Oh, I see. – Something’s happened.
有了变化,某种…
There’s been a change, some…
价值观转变
shift in values.