and they don’t pay tax.
– 他们纳税的 – 不是全部的收入
– Yes, they do. – Not all of their incoming
光是女王,每年就花我们,多少?三百?四百万英镑
The Queen costs us, what, 30, 40 million a year.
如果你想要认真讨论…
Look, if you want a serious conversation
我想呀
I do.
…关于宪法
about the constitution.
我们没有一部啊。
We don’t have one.
关于各种方法,我们作为政♥府♥,可以逐步去除…
About ways in which we as a government could phase out
…世袭的特权的话,那很好。
hereditary privileges, then fine.
你要走的话,能不能把盘子拿走
If you’re leaving, would you take the plates?
但是,你知道,这种“砍掉他们脑袋”的想法让我不爽
But, you know, it’s pain me the whole ‘off with their heads’ think.
为什么?
Why?
因为这侮辱你的智力
It insults your intelligence.
不可能期望女王改变
‘The Queen cannot be expected to change.’
这是难以想象的,这个国家变成共和国
It’s unimaginable, this country being a republic.
在她有生之年是肯定的
Certainly in her lifetime.
– 为什么? – 因为没人会接受。没人想要这样。
– Why? – Because no-one would wear it. No-one wants it.
这么做…太愚蠢
It’s just… daft.
这不是母亲情结,对吧?
It’s not a mother thing, is it?
什么?
What?
如果还活着的话,你母亲正好是这个年纪
Well, if she were alive now, your mother would be exactly the same age.
我的意思是,你总是说她多么的坚韧
I mean you always say how stoical she was –
传统保守,任劳任怨,熬过了战争
old-fashioned, uncomplaining, lived through the war.
来,这听起来像谁?
Come on, who does that sound like?
我要去洗碗了
I’m going to do the washing up.
围猎队伍走了
That’s the stalking party off.
对,我们最好看看那些报纸
Right, we’d better have a look at those papers.
“让我们看看温莎家族还有良心”《太阳报》说
“Show us there’s a heart in the house of Windsor,” says The Sun.
“这证明了王室和我们不同”《镜报》
“It’s proof the royals are not like us,” The Mirror.
“白金汉宫该换掉守旧派了”,《快报》
“Time to change the old guard at Buckingham Palace,” Express.
“人们不由得好奇他们是听了谁的建议
“One can’t help wondering whose advice they are taking,
“因为明显是错误的建议。”
“for it’s clearly the wrong advice.”
我会试着不把它看作是针对我的
I’ll try not to take that personally.
“人♥民♥一直渴望国家有所改变
People have yearned for change in this country.
很好。“其结果是正在进行一场静静的革命
Good. The result is a quiet revolution now taking place
“由真正的现代派领导,不列颠人♥民♥。”
led by the real modernisers, the British people.
革命?这是谁写的?
Revolution? Who wrote this?
这是哪来的?
Where does this come from?
这是哪来的?
Where does it come from?
你以绝对多数胜选
You’ve just won a huge majority.
人♥民♥想看到改变
People want to see a change.
为什么问?你以为那是什么意思?
Why? What did you think it meant?
快来,亲爱的。你的茶都凉了
Hurry up, dear. Your tea’s getting cold.
就这些吗?
Is that it?
是的,夫人
Yes, ma’am.
只剩给驻巴西大使遗孀的慰问信
Just the letter of condolence to the widow of the ambassador to Brazil.
很好,谢谢你
Good. Thank you.

Tea.
詹维伦先生,首相想和陛下说话
Mr Janvrin, the Prime Minister wishes to speak to Her Majesty.
夫人,显然首相打电♥话♥来找您
Ma’am, apparently the Prime Minister is on the phone for you.
告诉他改天再打
Tell him to call back.
不不。没关系。我去接
No, no. It’s all right. I’ll take it.
首相?
Prime Minister.
午安,陛下,抱歉打扰了
Good morning, Your Majesty. Sorry to disturb
我只是想问您看过今天的报纸吗?
but I was just wondering whether you’d seen any of today’s papers?
我们努力看了一、两份,是的。
We’ve managed to look at one or two, yes.
这样的话,我的下一个问题是…
‘ln which case, my next question would be
…您是不是感觉有必要做出某种回应?
‘whether you felt some kind of response might be necessary? ‘

No.
我相信,是几个过于热心的编辑正在尽力兜售报纸
I believe a few over-eager editors are doing their best to sell newspapers.
随他们的调子起舞会是一个错误
It would be a mistake to dance to their tune.
正常情况下,我也会同意
‘Under normal circumstances, I would agree,
但是…
but…
嗯,我的顾问一直在…
Well, my advisors have been’
街头民众中探听虚实
taking the temperature among people on the streets,
而我得到的信息,是街头的氛围…
and… well, the information I’m getting is that the mood
…非常微妙
‘is quite delicate.’
那么,你的建议是什么,首相?
So, what would you suggest, Prime Minister?
某种声明吗?
Some kind of a statement?
不,夫人。
No, ma’am.
我相信发表声明的时机已过
I believe the moment for statements has passed.
我建议白金汉宫要降半旗
‘I would suggest flying the flag at half mast above Buckingham Palace…
还有
and…
一有机会就回伦敦来
coming down to London at the earliest opportunity.
这将极大地安慰您的人♥民♥
‘It would be of great comfort to your people.’
也能帮助平息…他们的悲恸
And would help them with their grief.
他们的悲恸?
“Their grief”?
如果你以为我会丢下一切赶回伦敦
If you imagine I’m going to drop everthing and come down to London,
抛下刚失去母亲的孙子不管
before I attend to my grandchildren, who’ve just lost their mother…
那么你就错了
then you’re mistaken.
我怀疑有没有人比我更了解英国人♥民♥,布莱尔先生
I doubt there is anyone who knows the British people more than I do, Mr. Blair
或是对他们的智慧和判断更具信心
nor who has greater faith in their wisdom and judgement.
我的信念是,任何时候他们都会绝弃这种…
And it is my belief that they will, at any moment, reject this…
…这种情绪,它正是由新闻界煽动起来的…
this mood, which is being stirred up by the press
从而支持一段有克制的悲恸
in favour of a period of restrained grief
以及清醒的,私下哀悼
and sober, private mourning.
这才是这个国家办事的方法
That’s the way we do things in this country
沉静的,带着尊严
quietly, with dignity.
这也是世界其他人佩服我们的原因
It’s what the rest of the world admires us for.
如果这是您的决定,夫人。政♥府♥当然会支持它。
If that’s your decision, ma’am, of course the government will support it.
让我们保持联络
Let’s keep in touch.
是,好吧
Yes, let’s.
大笨蛋!现在你的茶变凉了
Bloody fool! And now your tea’s gone cold.
托尼,罗宾·詹维伦在一线
Tony, Robin Janvrin on One.
他刚才在听
He was listening in.
罗宾?
Robin?
我明白她的行为在你看来一定是非常难办
I understand how difficult her behaviour must seem to you,
非常无用
how unhelpful.
不过试试从她的观点来看待
but try and see it from her perspective.
她的培养过程中都相信是上帝的旨意…
She’s been brought up to believe it’s God’s will.
她就是她
‘She is who she is.’
我认为我们不应该把上帝扯进来
I think we should leave God out of it.
这样…没有帮助
It’s…it’s just not helpful.
自从逊位事件以来她从未经历过这种事
She hasn’t seen anything like this since the abdication,
我没法形容那个事件的影响有多大。
and I cannot emphasise the effect that had on her.
意外成为国王,几乎等于是杀死了她的父亲
Unexpectedly becoming king as good as killed her father.
恐怕她目前处于震惊的状态
‘I’m afraid she’s in a state of shock.
这次人♥民♥的反应让她不知所措
‘This public reaction has completely thrown her.’
好吧
All right
但首先,我们得处理这些可怕的头条
but first, we have to deal with these terrible headlines.
我看看我能对新闻界做点什么
I’ll see what I can do with the press.
我很感激,首相
I’m grateful, Prime Minister.
不过我不能保证什么
I can’t promise anything.
他们想要见到的不是我
It’s not me they want to see.
请阿♥拉♥斯泰尔来见我
Ask Alastair to come and see me.
好的
Okay
取消我今晚的要做的事
Cancel what I’m doing tonight.
早安
Good morning.
陛下
Your Majesty.
托马斯,他们今天去哪里?
Thomas, where have they gone today?
艾柏根尼河流域,夫人
Up to Abergannie Ridge, ma’am.
那么远?
All that way?
提醒我一下,是在分流那里吗?
Remind me, that’s right at the fork?
没错,夫人
That’s right, ma’am.
你沿着走一英里,过了葛伦荷…
You follow the track for about a mile, passe Rencohe
– 就会到… – 河边
– and you come to… – The river.
让一个小伙子开车送你去
One of the lads will drive you.
不不,没关系。我自己开,谢谢你
No, that’s all right. I’ll manage. Thank you.
倒霉
Bugger it!
哦,真蠢
Oh, stupid!
你好,托马斯?

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!