found a travel agency in New York that will…
卖♥♥给我一张飞巴黎的机票,在曼彻斯特中途停留一小时
sell me a flight to Paris with an hour’s stopover in Manchester.
也许你现在会考虑,这是否仍是一种铺张…
Perhaps now you might consider whether it still an extravagance
把英格兰未来国王的母亲带回来
to bring back the mother of the future king of England
用咱们的一架飞机
in one of our planes.
好吧,尽管用吧
All right. Of course.
约翰,我不想让孩子们看到新闻而伤心
John, I don’t want the boys to see the news and get upset.
明早第一件事,我希望把收音机拿出卧室…
First thing in the morning I want the radio taken out from the bedroom
…以及把电视拿出育儿室
and the television taken out from the nursery.
是,夫人
Yes, ma’am.
哎呀呀
Well, well, well.
是啊
Yes.
你还好吧?
Are you all right?
你妹妹打来电♥话♥,从托斯卡纳(意大利)
Your sister called, from Tuscany.
希望你跟她说了要中断假期
I hope you told her to cut her holiday short.
说了
I did.
我不敢想象她会高兴
I can’t imagine she was pleased.
这是说得委婉了
That’s putting it mildly.
她说什么?
What did she say?
戴安娜做到了死后比生前更麻烦之类
Something about Diana managing to be more annoying dead than alive.
你得保证绝不让孩子们听到你这样说话
Just make sure you never let the boys hear you talk like that.
当然了
Of course.
要一点帮助睡眠吗?
Something to help you go down?
不,我想我的日记得多花点时间
No, I think I’ll write my diary a little longer.
好吧,我要上♥床♥去了
Fine. I’m going to bed.
我们一直没听到王宫有何正式说法
‘We’ve heard nothing official from the palace.
而我们仍然不知道王宫内部是否会有进一步声明
‘Yet we still don’t know when we’ll get any further statements from inside the palace
或是要先等王室成员回来…
‘or of course when the royal family are due.’
她将以此驻留,在我们的脑海和心中
That’s how she will remain, in our minds, our hearts,
直到永远
forever.
好吗?知道了
OK? Got it.
你要在哪里演说?
Where will you do it?
我们在教堂发表,进去之前
We’ll do it at the church, on the way in.
好的,我会组织的
All right, I’ll organise it.
奥尔索普子爵,戴安娜的弟弟
‘Viscount Althorp, Diana’s brother… ‘
哦,别挂,我要看看这个
Hang on. I want to watch this.
这不是指责的时候
‘This is not a time for recriminations
而是该表达悲伤
but for sadness.
然而,我要说我总是相信新闻界最终会杀死她
‘However, I would say I always believed the press would kill her in the end.
但是即便是我,也没想到他们会这么直接地致她死亡
‘Not even I imagined they would take such a direct hand in her death
这似乎是事实
‘as seems to be the case.
事情将会表明,每一家出版社的老板和编辑
‘It would appear that every proprietor and editor of every publication
凡出价购买♥♥过她的偷♥拍♥照片的
‘that paid for intrusive photographs of her
今天手上都沾了血
has blood on his hands today.’
不是新闻界,老兄。你搞错坏人了
Not the press, mate. You’ve got the wrong villain.
托尼
Tony…
我得走了
Oh. Got to go.
你要跟女王通话?
You about to speak to the Queen?
对
Yeah.
问问是不是她弄坏了刹车
Ask her if she greased the brakes.
别乱讲话
No, no
谢了
Thanks.
哈罗?
Hello?
正在为您接通,首相
‘Putting you through. Prime Minister’
– 哦…对,好的 – 请别挂
– Oh… Right, OK. – Please hold
威尔士亲王陪着孩子们?
Is the Prince of Wales with the boys?
是的,夫人
Yes, ma’am.
很好,他要去巴黎吗?
Good. And he’s going to Paris?
是的
Yes.
抱歉打扰,夫人…夫人…
I’m sorry to disturb, ma’am…Ma’am…
可首相给您来电♥话♥,从他的选区。
…but I have the Prime Minister for you, from his constituency.
你真幸运
Lucky you.
谢谢你,罗宾。我到书房♥接
Thank you, Robin. I’ll take it in the study.
– 早上好,陛下 – 首相
– Good morning, Your Majesty. – Prime Minister.
请允许我说,当前我深表遗憾
May I say right away how very sorry I am.
而在这可怕的时刻,我的家人都为您致哀和祈祷
And the thoughts and prayers of my family are with you at this terrible time,
以及为两位小王子,尤其是
and with the princes in particular.
谢谢你
Thank you.
您是否有意图,以某种形式露面或发表声明?
‘ls it your intention to make some kind of appearance or statement? ‘
不,不,当然不会
No. No, certainly not.
不,王室成员都不会公开就此事发言
No-one in the royal family will speak publicly about this.
这是一件私事
This is a private matter.
如果这一点能得到尊重,我们都将很感激
We would appreciate it if it could be respected as such.
我了解
I see.
我估计没有人有空想过葬礼仪式吧,目前
I don’t suppose anyone’s have the time to think about the funeral yet.
这个,我们和斯宾塞家谈过
Well, we’ve spoken with the Spencer family,
他们的希望,他们的明确希望,是应该举♥行♥私人葬礼
and it is their wish, it is their wish express that this should be a private funeral
不过,接着一个月后有个追悼会
with a memorial service to follow in a month though.
是的
Right.
考虑到戴安娜不再是王室成员
And given that Diana was no longer a member of the royal family,
我们别无选择,只能尊重他们的意愿
we have no other choice but to respect their wishes.
我明白了
I see.
您不觉得,鉴于她的高关注度和知名度…
‘You don’t feel that in view of her high profile and popularity,’
向她的一生以及成就致敬也许是个办法吗?
it might be an idea to pay tribute to her life and achievements,
即便仅仅出于她作为母亲的身份?
or even just to her as a mother?
我说过了,这是她娘家的意愿
Well, as I said, it’s her family’s wish.
还有公众,夫人,不列颠人♥民♥?
And the public, ma’am, the British people?
您不觉得私人葬礼可能否决了他们的机会…
‘You don’t think a private funeral might be denying them a chance… ‘
什么机会?
A chance to what?
表达哀悼
‘To share in the grief? ‘
这是家庭葬礼,布莱尔先生,不是露天表演
This is a family funeral, Mr Blair, not a fairground attraction.
我认为王妃已经付出了高昂的代价…
I think the Princess has already paid a high enough price
暴露在公众面前,你说呢?
for exposure to the press, don’t you?
如果没有别的事,我得挂线了
Now, if there’s nothing else I must get off
孩子们需要照顾
the children have to be looked after.
当然。嗯,再见,陛下…
Of course. Well, goodbye, Your Maj…
她的直觉是什么都不做
Her instinct is to do nothing,
什么都不说
say nothing
为她举♥行♥私人葬礼
and give her a private funeral.
你吃惊吗?她恨她入骨。
Are you surprised? She hated her guts.
我觉得这是个错误
I think it’s a mistake.
他们毁了她的生活。我希望他们别毁了她的死。
They screwed up her life. I hope they don’t screw up her death.
我能找一条黑色领带吗?
Where can I get a black tie?
牧师打电♥话♥来
Oh, the chaplain called.
他想知道我们应不应该对仪式做什么改动
He wanted to know whether we should make any changes in the service,
要不要特别提到戴安娜
any special mention of Diana.
你怎么说?
What did you say?
我叫他什么都不要改变
I told him not to change a thing.
很正确
Quite right.
我认为别人对此关注越少越好,为了孩子们
I think the less attention one drawns to it, the better, for the boys.
是的
Yes.
我想也许我们应该给他们找些同伴,一些年轻人
I think maybe we should find some company for them, some young people.
我下午会带他们去散步
I’ll take them for a long walk this afternoon
去克雷基岬
up Craggy Head.
好,不过别带枪,菲利普。今天是星期天
Yes, but no guns, Philip. It is Sunday.
我们要转到,实际上,我相信是塞吉菲尔德
We’re going, in fact, I believe, to Sedgefield
即首相的选区
the Prime Minister’s constituency,
他将在那里发表一份声明
where he is about to make a statement.
是的,首相现在来了,和他的夫人切丽。
Yes, the Prime Minister coming now with his wife, Cherie.’
是的,除了那以外
Yeah, well, apart from that?
他开始了。阿♥拉♥斯泰尔,他开始了,快点
He’s on. Alastair, he’s on! Come on!
虽然她的个人生活常常为悲剧所扰
‘Though her own life was often sadly touched by tragedy,
但是她触动了许许多多外人的生活
‘she touched the lives of so many others’
不管是英国或全世界
in Britain and throughout the world…
带来欢乐和慰藉
…with joy and with comfort.
各地的民众
‘The people everywhere,
不只是英国这里,世界各地
not just here in Britain, everywhere,
他们对戴安娜王妃充满信念
‘they kept faith with Princess Diana.
他们喜欢她。他们爱戴她
‘They liked her. They loved her.
他们把她当成人♥民♥的一份子
‘They regarded her as one of the people.
她是人♥民♥的王妃