而最后,您展现了伟大的个人力量
…and in the end, you showed great personal strength,
勇气以及谦卑
courage and humility.
你把谦卑和卑辱搞混了
You’re confusing humility with humiliation.
并不是这样
That’s not true.
你并没有看到王宫外鲜花上的卡片
You didn’t read the cards on the flowers outside the palace.
实际上我认为,历史会显示那对您来说是很好的一周
I actually think history will show it was a good week for you.
对于你是更好的一周,布莱尔先生
And an even better one for you, Mr Blair.
可是一年有52个星期,夫人
But there are 52 weeks in the year, ma’am,
还有2千5百个星期,从您当女王以来
and two and a half thousand in the time since you’ve been Queen.
当人们来评价您的遗产时,他们…
When people come to assess your legacy, they…
不会记得那几天的
won’t remember those a few days.
哦,真的吗?
Oh, really?
你不觉得人♥民♥曾经的喜爱,对…
You don’t think that what affection people once had for…
对这个制度的喜爱,已经被削弱了吗?
for this institution has been diminished?
不。绝对没有
No. Not at all.
您比任何时候更受到尊崇
You’re more respected now than ever.
我看到你的几个最亲近的顾问,他们的支持中少了溢美之词。
I gather some of your closest advisors were less fulsome in their support.
一、两个
One or two,
不过,作为领导人,我绝不会在那种论调中加入我的声音
but, as a leader, I could never add my voice to that chorus.
因为你看到那些头条,就想:
Because you saw the headlines and thought,
有一天这可能发生在我身上
“One day, it might be me.”
会的,布莱尔先生。相当突然,毫无预警地。
And it will, Mr Blair, quite suddenly, and without warning.
那么,我们是不是应该继续手边的事了?
So, shall we get on with the business in hand?
看看
Oh, look…
我爱一天的这个时候
Oh, I do love this time of day.
我们是不是走走,趁天亮?
Shall we walk while there’s light?
下星期时钟要调慢一小时
The clocks go back next week.
五点前就会天黑
It’ll be dark before five.
希望你喜欢散步
I do hope you’re a walker.
– 我喜欢 – 很好
– I am. – Good
我想如果首相喜欢散步,会面成功的机会就更大
I think meetings have a greater chance of success if the Prime Minister is a walker.
事实上,我思路最好就是在走路的时候
As a matter of fact how I think best, on my feet.
我从来都不是坐着的人
I’ve never been one for sitting around.
在新鲜空气里好好散步能解决一切
A good walk in fresh air sorts everything out.
四分之一,你说过,想要摆脱我?
One in four, you said, wanted to get rid of me?
只有大概半小时
For about half an hour,
但后来,您回到伦敦,就都过去了
but then you came down to London, and all that went away.
我从来没被那么痛恨过
I’ve never been hated like that before.
那一定很难受
It must have been difficult.
是的,非常难受
Yes. Very.
当今,人们想要魅力和眼泪,盛大表演
Nowadays, people want glamour and tears, the grand performance.
我对此不太擅长。从来都不。
I’m not very good at that. I never have been.
我宁可把感情藏在心里
I prefer to keep my feelings to myself,
傻乎乎地相信这是人♥民♥对他们女王的要求
and, foolishly, I believed that was what people wanted from their Queen –
不大惊小怪,也不把什么都挂在外面
not to make a fuss, nor wear one’s heart on one’s sleeve.
责任第一,个人第二
Duty first, self second.
这是我从小的教养
That’s how I was brought up.
我一向只知道这样
That’s all I’ve ever known.
您成为女王时很年轻
You were so young when you became Queen.
是的
Yes.
是的,一个女孩
Yes, a girl.
不过我看得出世界改变了
But I can see that the world has changed,
而人必须…现代化
and one must… modernise.
哦,也许那个我能帮上忙
Well, perhaps that’s where I can help.
别冲过头了,首相
Don’t get ahead of yourself, Prime Minister.
记住,我才应该是给你建议的人
Just so remember I’m the one supposed to be advising you.
来吧,狗狗
Come, dogs!
告诉我,布莱尔先生,咱们的第一次议会讲话有何期待?
Tell me, Mr Blair, what might we expect from our first parliament?
呃,夫人,第一优先是教育
Er… well, ma’am, top of the list is education.
我们要减少课堂规模
We want to reduce classroom sizes.

Yes.
建立更低的教师-学生比率
And create a lower teacher-pupil ratio.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!