亨利四世 第二部
海伦·米伦
女 王
伦敦,1997年5月2日
托尼·布莱尔是1979年以来第一位工党首相
1301年,爱德华一世封长子为威尔士亲王。从此英王储都受此封号♥。这里就是查尔斯王子。
巴黎,1997年8月30日
一年前,1996年8月28日,戴安娜与查尔斯离婚,
她获准保留“威尔士王妃”头衔。
人♥民♥的王妃
星期天
斯宾塞伯爵,戴安娜娘家
皮提亚-萨勒佩提亚医院,巴黎
可能是白金汉宫(正式王宫)
圣詹姆斯宫(查尔斯王子)肯辛顿宫(戴妃故居)
星期一
《镜报》
《快报》
星期二
“公祭签名簿排队”
“戴安娜,遭婚姻背叛,被当权者追杀。”
“但被我们所有人尊敬和感激。”
海格罗夫庄园,查尔斯王子的居所。
星期三
“让我们看看温莎家族还有良心”《太阳报》
女王的父亲乔治六世,
在其兄长爱德华八世因婚姻逊位后,意外成为英国国王。
乔治六世是英国二战时期的元首,口吃,身体不好。
星期四
星期五
“王宫向布莱尔屈膝”
“戴安娜,我们爱你”
“你对他们来说太好了”
“他们配不上你”
“他们手上沾了你的血”
“女王的悼词”
星期六
两个月后…
经过数周的四处奔走的竞选活动
‘After weeks of campaigning on the road
托尼·布莱尔及其家人
‘Tony Blair and his family
终于在这个选举日的早上,步行数百码前往投票所
‘finally strolled a few hundred yards to the polling station ‘this election day morning.
全国上下多数工党拥趸…
‘The most Labour faithful up and down the country
都有理由怀有骄傲之情,为布莱尔先生的成就…
‘the reasoning normal sence of pride in Mr Blair’s achievements
以及满怀的信心,他即将成为…
‘at the confidence that he is about to become
本世纪最年轻的首相
the youngest PM this century.’
你投票了吗,克劳福先生?
Have you voted yet, Mr Crawford?
是的,夫人
Yes, Ma’am.
他们一开门我就去了
I was there when they opened.
排在第一位,七点钟,
First in line, seven o’clock.
我倒是不介意告诉您
I don’t mind telling you,
不是为了布莱尔先生
it wasn’t for Mr Blair.
那么你不是现代派喽?
You’re not a moderniser then?
当然不是
Certainly not.
我们正处于危险中,失去太多这个国家的优良传统
We’re in danger of losing too much that is good about this country as it is.
有一种正在增长的激动之情…
‘There is a growing sense of excitement.
这确实可能成为一个新世界的开端…
‘Which really could be a begining of a new world…
我羡慕你,可以去投票。
I envy you, being able to vote.
倒不是因为投票入箱这一举动,
Not the actual ticking of the box although
虽然去经历一次也不错,而是…
it would be nice to experience that once, but…
因为那种可以有所偏爱的纯粹乐趣
… the sheer joy of being partial.
是的。当然,人们忘了,做为君主…
Yes. Of course, one forgets that as sovereign,
您无权投票
you’re not entitled to vote.
没错
No.
您依然希望凯茨为您感到遗憾
Still, you wanna Cates be feeling sorry for you.
您也许不被允许投票,夫人
You might not be allowed to vote, ma’am…
但这是您的政♥府♥
but it is your government.
是的
Yes.
我想这是某种安慰
I suppose that is some consolation.
早安
Good morning.
– 要我拉开窗帘吗? – 是的,谢谢
– Shall I draw the curtains? – Yes, please.
那么,你整晚熬夜了吗?
So, did you stay up all night?
是的,夫人
Yes, ma’am
正如预期那样吗?
And was it as expected?
是的,夫人。
Yes, ma’am.
是布莱尔先生。
Mr Blair.
以绝对优势。
By a landslide.
哦,我明白了
Oh, I see.
他们完全阻塞了交通
‘They’ve stopped the traffic completely
因为托尼·布莱尔在伦敦执政的第一天
‘for Tony Blair’s first day of power in London.
这里有仪式和官员
‘You’ve got the ceremonial, the official
还有美丽的夏日
‘and you’ve got a lovely summer’s day.
托尼·布莱尔向群众挥手
‘Tony Blair waving to the crowds,
群众也向他们挥手
people waving to them there.
我估计他们大多数都知道,那是…
‘I guess most of them do know it’s…
首相车队过街。
the Prime Minister lining the streets there.’
首相正在路上,夫人
The Prime Minister is on his way, ma’am.
预备,罗宾。是预备首相。
To be, Robin. The Prime Minister to be.
我还没请他出任呢
I haven’t asked him yet.
他很难看透,对吧?
He’s a hard one to read, isn’t he?
是的
Yes.
一方面,他的成长背景很正规
On the one hand, his background is quite establishment
父亲是保守党,在费蒂斯学院受教育
father a Conservative, educated at Fettes.
他的家庭教师和威尔士亲王的是同一个人
He has tutored by the same man as the Prince of Wales.
我们试着不以这一点针对他
We’ll try not to hold that against him.
另一方面,他的声明承诺对沿用三百年的宪法做出最激进的改革
On the other, his manifesto promises the most radical shake-up of the constitution in 300 years.
觉得他会试图让我们现代化吗?
Oh. Think he’ll try to modernise us?
这我不会惊讶的
I wouldn’t put it past him.
他娶了一个哀叹及同情反君主主义的女人
He’s married to a woman with moan anti-monarchist sympathies.
您可能记得她的屈膝礼,你们第一次见面时
You may remember her curtsy the first time you met.
最好是把它描述为——“浅”
It could best be described as shallow.
我不测量屈膝礼的深度,罗宾
I don’t measure the depth of a curtsy, Robin.
这我留给我妹妹去做
I leave that to my sister.
大众害怕唐宁街会非常不拘礼节
And the admass fear Downing Street is expected to be very informal
人人以名字相称,是首相坚持如此
everyone on first-name terms, at the Prime Minister’s insistence.
什么?就像“叫我托尼”?
What, as in “Call me Tony”?
是的,夫人
Yes, ma’am.
哦,我不喜欢这样
Oh, I don’t like that.
我们给他送了礼仪单吗?
Have we sent him a protocol sheet?
怪了,我真的相当紧张。
Funny, I’m actually rather nervous.
为何?你见过她够多次了。
Why? You’ve met her often enough before.
我知道,但从没有一对一见过
I know, but never one to one,
也从来不是作为首相
and never as Prime Minister.
那么,记住,你是刚刚由整个国家选出来的那个人
Well, remember, you’re a man that’s just been elected by the whole nation.
可她依然是…
But she’s still
你知道的
you know
女王。
the Queen.
谒见厅在楼上
The audience room is upstairs.
等我们到了谒见厅,我会敲门
When we reach the audience room, I will knock.
我们会立刻被召见。我们应该直接进去
We will promptly to be called. We shall go straight inside.
我们站在门口,鞠躬,从脖颈
Standing by the door, we bow, from the neck.
我会介绍你,女王会伸出手
I will introduce you. The Queen will extend her hand.
你走向她,再次鞠躬
You go to her, bow again,
再握她的手
then shake her hand.
另外还有几件事
A couple of other things
是“大夫”的夫人
it’s ma’am as in ham
不是“妇女”的妇人
not ma’am as in farm.
还有,你在御前时,绝无理由背向她
And, when you’re in the presence, at no point must you show your back.
– 御前? – 是的,先生
– The presence? – Yes, sir.
这个称呼意即你在女王陛下跟前。
That’s what it’s called when you’re in Her Majesty’s company.
你愿意坐在这里吗,布莱尔夫人?
Would you like to sit there, Mrs Blair?
布莱尔先生,女王陛下。
Mr Blair, your Majesty
很高兴再见到你,布莱尔先生
How nice to see you again, Mr Blair.
恭喜你
And congratulations.
谢谢您
Thank you.
你的孩子一定以你为傲
Your children must be proud.
我希望如此
I hope so.
你有三个小孩,对吧?
You’ve three, haven’t you?
– 没错 – 多好啊
– That’s right. – How lovely.
真是天赐,孩子
Such a blessing, children.
请,坐吧
Please, do sit down.
谢谢您,夫人
Thank you, ma’am
我们教过你怎么发动核战了吗?
Have we shown you how to start a nuclear war yet?
呃…没有
Er… no.
哦,这是我们要做的第一件事,显然
Oh. First thing we do, apparently.
然后我们拿走你的护照
Then we take away your passport
接着剩下的时间里送你去满世界奔波
and spend the rest of the time send you round the world.
您显然比我更清楚我的工作
You obviously know my job better than I do.
是的,嗯,你是我的第十位首相,布莱尔先生
Yes, well, you are my tenth prime minister, Mr Blair.
第一位,当然是温斯顿·邱吉尔
My first of course was Winston Churchill.