不过可能性不大
because I was the only one selling them in the Bay Area.
因为旧金山海湾地区 销售此仪器的仅我一家 …
I spent our entire life savings on these things.
我把所有的积蓄都押在这上面了
It was such a revolutionary machine.
押在这个革命性的仪器上了
Can you feel it, baby? Oh, yeah.
亲爱的 你感觉到了吗? 当然了
You got me doing all the work.
你在叫我一个人忙活
What I didn’t know is that doctors and hospitals…
但是我没想到 医院的医生们
would consider them unnecessary luxuries.
会认为它是没用的奢侈品 …
I even asked the landlord to take a picture.
我甚至请房东给我们照了相
So if I lost one, it was like losing a month’ groceries.
所以丢了一台仪器就意味着 损失了一个月的伙食
Hey, hey! Wait! Wait!
嘿! 嘿! 等一下 等一下!
Hey, get back here!
嘿! 回来!
Hey, man, l…
嘿 老兄 我…
Who’s he? He’s that guy…
他是谁? 就是那个…
Did you forget? Forget what?
你忘了吗? 忘了什么?
You’re not supposed to have any of those.
你不该带这东西回家的
Yeah, I know. You have two now.
是的 我知道 但你现在却有2台
Hey.

Hey, Mom.
嘿 妈
One, two, three!
1 2 3
That’s a basketball! Hey, hey. What do you mean?
是个篮球! 嗨 什么意思?
You don’t know that that’s a basketball.
谁说这是篮球啊?
This could be an ant farm. This could be a microscope or anything.
有可能是”蚂蚁农场” 也可能是显微镜或别的什么
No, it’s not. There, there.
不 不是的 拿不到了吧
All right, come on. Open him up. Open him up.
好吧 快打开吧
That paper’s a little heavy, huh? Yeah, but I got it.
纸有点厚 是吗? 是的 但是我能打开
You should’ve seen me out there today.
你今天真应该在场的
Somebody stole a scanner. I had to run the old girl down…
有个女孩偷了我的扫描仪 我就一直追她…
Whatever.
随便吧
What? Whatever, Chris.
什么? 随便怎么着吧 克里斯
What the hell you got attitude about?
你这是什么态度?
Whatever” what? Every day’s got some damn story.
随便什么? 每天都他妈的有逸闻 ”
Hey, Roy. Roy!
嘿! 罗伊! 罗伊!
Can you beat your little rug when nobody’s out here?
能不能没人的时候再拍毯子?
There’s dust and shit all over.
尘土飞扬的
I’m trying to keep a clean house. Hey, wait a second.
我只是在打扫房间… 嗨 等一下
Look, Linda, relax.
听我说 琳达 放松
We’re gonna come out of this. Everything is gonna be fine, all right?
我们会渡过难关的 一切都会好起来的 好吗?
You said that before, when I got pregnant.
你以前就这么说过 我怀孕的时候
lt’ll be fine. ”
你就说:”一切都会好起来的” ”
So you don’t trust me now? Whatever. I don’t care.
这么说你不再相信我了? 随便 我不在乎
Taxi! Mr. Twistle.
出租! 托斯特尔先生
Yeah, hi. Hi. Chris Gardner.
是的 你好 我是克里斯·迦纳
Yeah, hi. Listen. What can I do for you?
你好 有什么事吗?
I submitted an application for the intern program about a month ago…
我一个月前交了份实习申请表
and I would just love to sit with you briefly…
我想找机会和您坐下来简单谈谈… …
Listen, I’m going to Noe Valley, Chris.
听着 我要赶去诺亚谷 克里斯
Take care of yourself. Mr. Twistle.
你保重 托斯特尔先生
Actually, I’m on my way to Noe Valley also.
我正好也要去诺亚谷
How about we share a ride?
我搭个车怎么样?
All right, get in. All right.
好吧 上车吧 好的
So when I was in the Navy, I worked for a doctor…
我在海军服役时为一个医生工作
who loved to play golf, hours every day…
他很喜欢高尔夫 每天都要花很多时间在那上面 …
and I would actually perform medical procedures…
我还得替他处理医疗事务 …
when he’d leave me in the office.
当他不在的时候 …
So I’m used to being in a position where I have to make decisions and…
我习惯于做出抉择 而且…
Mr. Twistle, listen. This is a very important…
托斯特尔先生 听我说 这很重要
I’m sorry. I’m sorry. This thing’s impossible.
对不起 对不起 这东西不可能拼出来的
I can do it. No, you can’t. No one can.
我可以 你不行 没人可以的
That’s bullshit. No, I’m pretty sure I can do it.
不可能的 我确定我能行的
No, you can’t. Let me see it.
你不行 让我看看
Give it here.
给我
Oh, yeah. Oh, wow, you really messed it up.
哦 你真是拼的一团糟啊
Sorry.
不好意思
It looks like it works around a swivel,
看起来这些是围绕一个轴心转动
so the center pieces never move.
中间的这部分保持不动
So if it’s yellow in the center, that’s the yellow side.
所以说如果中间那片是黄色 这面就应该是黄色的
If it’s red in the center, that’s the red side.
如果中间那片是红色 那么这面就应该是红色的
Okay. So…You can slow down.
好的 开慢点吧
Listen, we can drive around all day. I don’t believe you can do this.
我们可以就这么一直开下去 我就不信你能拼出来
Yeah, I can. No, you can’t.
我可以的 不 你不成
Yes, I can. No, you can’t.
我可以的 不 你不成
I’m telling you, no one can.
不 你不行 没人可以的
See? That’s all I ever do.
看到没? 我就只能到这步了
You almost have this side.
那面快拼出来了
Holy cow.
哦 你拼出来了
You almost had that one. I’m gonna get it.
哦 那面也快拼出来了 我能全部拼出来的
Look at that.
真厉害啊
You’re almost there.
快好了
This is me.
17块1毛 我到了 17. 10.
Good job.
拼得不错
Goodbye. Yeah. I’ll see you soon.
再见 回头见
Where are you going, sir?
先生 你要去哪里?
Excuse me, sir. Where are you going, please?
对不起 先生? 你要去哪里?
Two…A couple of blocks.
呃 2个 几个街区就到
Just flip around. Okay.
调下头 好的
Hey! Stop it! Hey!
嘿 停下!
Where are you going? Come here! No!
你到哪儿去? 回来! 不!
No, no, no! You asshole, give me my money!
不 不 不! 你这缺德鬼 给我钱
Give me my money. Please stop.
给我钱! 别 别这样!
Please, please, please! Son of a bitch.
别这样! 混蛋!
Please! He should’ve paid you!
他应该付钱 他应该给你钱的!
Come here! I’m sorry.
别跑 对不起 抱歉
I’m so sorry. I’ll kick your ass!
对不起 我会教训你的!
I’m sorry! Idiot.
对不起 混蛋!
I’ll get you!
我会逮到你的!
I’m going to kill you! I’m going to kill you!
我要宰了你! 我要宰了你!
Hey!
嘿!
Stop it, you son of a bitch!
停下! 你这个王八蛋!
Stop him!
停下…
Stop him!
停下…
The doors are closing.
车门即将关闭
Please stand clear of the doors.
请远离车门
No! No! No!
不 不 不!
No!
不!
Hello? Hey, yeah.
喂 嗨
Sorry I couldn’t make it home on time.
对不起 我没能及时赶回家
Chris, I missed my shift. Yeah, I know. I’m sorry about that.
克里斯 我误了班 是 我知道 对不起
Look, I’m on my way right now. Are you all right with Christopher?
我现在就在回家路上 你陪着克里斯托弗行吗?
I’m leaving. Chris, I’m leaving.
我要走了 克里斯 我要离开这个家
What? Did you hear what I said?
什么? 你听到我说的了吗?
I have my things together, and I’m taking our son…
我已经收拾好东西 我要带上儿子
and we’re gonna leave now.
我们现在就走 …
I’m gonna put the phone down.
我要把电话挂了
Linda, wait a minute. Hold it, hold… I’m going to leave. We are leaving.
琳达 等下 我们要走了 我们走了
It was right then that I started thinking about Thomas Jefferson…
那一刻 我想起了托马斯·杰斐逊
the Declaration of Independence…
想起了”独立宣言” …
and the part about our right to life, liberty
想起了其中对生存权 自由权 …
and the pursuit of happiness.
以及追求幸福权利的描写
And I remember thinking:
我一直在想
How did he know to put the “pursuit” part in there?
他是怎么知道要把”追求幸福”那部分放进去的?
That maybe happiness is something that we can only pursue.
也许幸福是只能去追求
And maybe we can actually never have it…
但是却永远也追求不到
no matter what.
无论如何也追求不到的 …
How did he know that?
他究竟是怎么知道的?
Linda. Linda.
琳达 琳达
Hello? Chris.
喂? 克里斯吗?
Who is this? Jay Twistle.
哪位? 杰·托斯特尔
Hey. Dean Witter.
嘿 迪安·维特公司的
Yeah, of course. How are you?
对…你好吗?
I’m fine. Listen, do you still wanna come in and talk?

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!