Wait a minute.
你是说…?
Do you mean–?
你这…
Why, you…
-汤姆,你去哪里?-回家
– Hey, Tom. Where you going? – Home.
-但是帕蒂…-我才不管帕蒂说什么!
– But Paddy– – I don’t care what Paddy said!
我要离开这个烂地方
I’m getting out of this dump.
嘿,汤姆,等等
Hey, Tom, wait a minute.
怎么回事?
What happened?
-没什么,我只是觉得很难受-那你干嘛要躲避我呢?
– Aw, nothing. I just got burned up, that’s all. – What do you want to run out on me for?
我们是一伙儿的,对不对?
We’re together, ain’t we?
当然
Sure.
-你好,先生-我…
– Yes, sir? – I, uh…
我想看看橱窗里的那种手♥枪♥
I was just looking at them pistol things.
-要我拿几把给你看看吗?-好的,我喜欢大点的那种
– Shall I show you some? – Yeah. I kind of like that big one.
-那种?-对
– That one? – Mm.
好的
All right.
-你叫它什么?-这是点38口径
– Uh, what do you call that? – That’s a .38 caliber.
-这是很好的…-你还有这种枪吗?
– Oh, it’s a fine– – You got any more like it?
-我还有口径更小的-不,同等型号♥
– Well, I’ve got some smaller ones. – No. Same size.
当然
Sure.
这个怎么上膛?
Uh, how do you load that?
首先打开它
First, you break it.
-然后把子弹放进去-我能试试吗?
– Then you stick the cartridges in the holes. – Could I see?
当然
Sure.
-就是这样,对-像这样?
– That’s right. Yes. – Like that?
-可以填装六发子弹-那就足够了
– It’ll hold six. – Oh, this’ll be enough.
举起手来
Stick them up.
举起手来
Stick them up.
(西部化学公♥司♥)
好了,斯基姆,情况安全
Okay, Schemer, it’s all fixed.
我没有那么强大
I ain’t so tough.
-大夫,你觉得如何?-说不准
– Well, Doc, what do you think? – Can’t say.
我们会报以最好的期望
Well, we’ll hope for the best.
医生…
Doctor…
这是汤姆的母亲和哥哥,还有多伊尔小姐
…this is Tom’s mother, brother and Miss Doyle.
鲍尔斯夫人,你们可以进去看他几分钟
You can go in for a few minutes, Mrs. Powers.
谢谢你,先生
Thank you, sir.
汤米,汤米乖孩子
Tommy. Tommy, boy.
你认得我吗?
Do you know me?
当然,妈
Sure, Ma.
汤米…
Tommy…
迈克也来了
…Mike’s here.
他来看你了
He’s come to see you.
你好,迈克
Hello, Mike.
汤姆,老童子军,你怎么样?
How are you, Tom, old scout?
我一直想见你
I’ve been wanting to see you.
汤姆,你以后会经常见到我
You’re going to be seeing a lot of me, Tom.
我有话…
There’s something…
我有话要对你说,迈克
Something I wanted to say to you, Mike.
我很…我很抱歉
I’m– I’m sorry.
为何抱歉?
Sorry for what?
我就是要抱歉
Just sorry.
你知道的
You know?
噢,汤米,你和迈克又做回好朋友了
Oh, Tommy. You and Mike are going to be friends again.
当然
Sure.
好朋友
Friends.
孩子们
Oh, boys.
我真高兴
I’m so happy.
太高兴了
So happy.
妈
Ma.
相比于我,你肯定更喜欢迈克一些
You must like Mike a lot better than me.
不,汤米乖孩子,你也是我的宝贝
No, no, Tommy, boy. You’re my baby.
当然
Sure.
我是你的宝贝
I’m your baby.
汤米,你要回家来,是不是?
You’re coming home. Ain’t you, Tommy?
回家住?
To stay?
当然
Sure.
回家
Coming home.
我是说…
That is…
如果我能离开这里的话
…if I can ever get out of here.
汤姆,你当然会离开这里
You’re going to get out of here all right, Tom.
你当然会的,你会完全康复的
Why, of course you are. You’re going to get well and strong.
我的两个孩子都回来了
Both my boys back.
我们又重聚在一起了
All of us together again.
我对此感到十分欣慰
I’m almost glad this happened.
迈克尔,他今天看上去好多了,是不是?
And he really looked better today. Did he, Michael?
当然,妈,好多了,他都能坐起来了
Sure, Ma. A lot better. He was sitting up.
我跟他说你明天会去看他
I told him you’d be to see him tomorrow.
他很快就能回家,是不是?
And he’ll be coming home soon, won’t he?
当然,妈
Sure, Ma.
帕蒂,请进
Oh, Paddy, come in.
怎么了?是不是汤姆…?
What’s wrong? Is–? Is Tom–?
他们今天下午把他从医院绑♥架♥了
They kidnapped him from the hospital this afternoon.
什么?谁干的?
What? Who did?
肯定是伯恩斯帮派的手下
It must have been the Burns mob.
首先朝他后背开枪,然后趁他无能为力的时候把他掳走
First, they give it to him in the back. Then they take him when he’s helpless.
天知道他们正对他做什么
Who knows what they’re doing to him now.
-他们不能如此逍遥法外-我会尽我所能
– Well, they ain’t going to get away with this. – I’m doing all I can.
我的伙计们都在街道盯着
My boys are out on the street now.
我会竭尽全力把汤姆带回来
I’ll bring Tom back if it’s the last thing I do.
-我要…-你要留着这里…
– I’m gonna– – You’re gonna stay here…
留在电♥话♥旁边等消息
…at that phone and take messages.
我吩咐过我的伙计们,如果有任何消息就给你打电♥话♥
I told my boys to call you up if they find anything.
-我想要砸烂…-听着
– Oh, I’d like to smash– – Listen.
我已经传话给伯恩斯,如果他今晚把汤姆还回来…
I sent word to Burns that if he’d bring Tom back here tonight, I’d–
我就退出江湖
I’d quit the racket.
他可以接手一切生意
He could have it all.
我会离开本城,再也不回来
And I’d leave town and I won’t come back.
-你觉得他们会这么做吗?-这是个诱人的条件
– Do you think they’ll do it? – It’s a sweet offer.
你留在这里
You stay here.
如果你听到我的伙计给你的消息…
If you hear anything from any one of my boys…
打电♥话♥给我
…call me at my place.
我要回去工作了
I’ve gotta get back on the job.
你不喜欢今天的晚餐吗?
Don’t you like your dinner?
没有,妈,我只是不太饿
Why, I just ain’t hungry, Ma.
我去接,妈
I’ll get it, Ma.
喂?
Yeah?
我是迈克
This is Mike.
什么时候?
When?
真的?好的
You are? Fine.
妈,他们要把汤姆带回家
Ma, they’re bringing Tom home.
-是吗?什么时候?-就现在,正在路上
– They are? When? – Right now. He’s on his way.
他…他还好吗?
Is–? Is he all right?
肯定很好,不然他们就不会带他回家了
Must be or they wouldn’t be bringing him home.
那太好了,我去准备他的房♥间,我就知道我的宝贝会回家的
Oh, it’s wonderful. I’ll get his room ready. I knew my baby would come home.
-迈克,谁打的电♥话♥?-帕蒂的伙计,没说是谁
– Who called, Mike? – One of Paddy’s boys, I guess. Didn’t say who.
-茉莉,亲爱的-母亲,什么事?
– Molly. Molly, dear. – Yes, Mother.
从亚麻衣橱里拿一些干净的床单来
Bring up some clean sheets out of the linen closet.
-快点,亲爱的-好的
– Hurry, dear. – All right.
噢
Ooh.
(汤姆·鲍尔斯的结局
是所有暴徒的结局)
(“国民公敌”不是指某一个人
或者某一个角色)
(这是一个“我们”身为国民
迟早要解决的问题)