Well, how about you, Tom?
-这种差事对我来讲很陌生-人总得长大的
– It’s kind of new stuff for me. – Well, you gotta grow up sometime.
等等
Wait a minute.
圣诞老人的礼物
Christmas present from Santa Claus.
祝你们新年发大财
With best wishes for a prosperous New Year.
(西北皮草贸易公♥司♥)
-天呐,我真害怕-得了吧,有什么可怕的
– Gee, I’m scared stiff. – Come on. There’s nothing to be scared of.
是吗?你自己都在发抖
Is that so? Look at you. You’re shaking yourself.
别照着我!
Take it off me, will you?
站住!
Stop!
你认为自己跑得掉吗?
Thought you’d get away, did you?
他们抓住林皮·拉里了
They got Limpy Larry.
站住!
Stop there!
老灰
Putty.
-灰鼻子!-那个大蠢蛋在哪里?
– Putty Nose! – Where is that big loogan?
灰鼻子呢?我们有麻烦了…
Where’s Putty? We knocked off a–
对,我都知道了
Yeah, I know all about it.
灰鼻子也知道,他逃跑了
Putty knows it. Beat it.
你们最好低调点,现在风声很紧
You better lay low for a while. The heat’s on.
但这是灰鼻子叫我们干的,他发誓会保护我们
But Putty Nose got us into this. He promised to see us through.
那个满腹臭便的胆小鬼
Why, the dirty no good yellow-bellied stool.
我下次看到他就当头给他鼻子一拳
I’m gonna give it to that Putty Nose right in the head the first time I see him.
是吗?你和谁?
Yeah, you and who else?
我的拉里
Oh, my Larry.
他是个好孩子
He was a good boy.
拉里受到了他应有的惩罚
Larry got what he asked for.
我警告过他
I warned him.
他不是个好孩子
He was a no-good boy.
我的拉里是个好孩子
My Larry was a good boy.
他只是跟随了坏伙伴,仅此而已
He got into bad company, that’s all.
汤米乖孩子,过来
Oh, come here, Tommy boy.
汤米,很高兴你能来
I’m so glad you came, Tommy.
道尔顿夫人会很高兴见见拉里的好朋友
Mrs. Dalton will be pleased to see some of Larry’s nicer friends.
(1917年)
(第一次世界大战期间)
美国宣布参加战争!快来读报!
U.S. declares war! Read all about it!
美国宣布参加战争!快来读报!
Hey, U.S. declares war! Read all about it!
汤姆,快看呐,迈克来了
Wait a minute, Tom. Here comes Mike.
美国参战!快来读报!
Read all about it!
茉莉,你应该跟我一起回家
I wish you’d come on home with me, Molly.
我不知道怎么跟妈妈说
I don’t know just how to tell Ma.
好的,迈克
All right, Mike.
你的姐姐从来不跟迈克争辩
That sister of yours ain’t getting any bargain in Mike.
他怎么不去上班?
Hey, how come he ain’t working?
我猜是他因为偷了很多钱被解雇了
I guess he got fired for snatching too many nickels.
-好像发生了什么事-走吧,我们去见帕蒂
– Say, they look like something’s happened. – Come on. We gotta see Paddy.
汤姆,你没必要跟我帕蒂·赖安兜圈子
You don’t need to stall with Paddy Ryan, Tom.
从你第一次在我这里买♥♥酒我就注意你了
I have been watching you ever since you bought your first drink from me.
我知道你在做什么
I know what you’ve been doing.
帕蒂,事情是这样的
Well, you see, Paddy, it’s like this.
我们今天运载了一些雪茄,大概值两万五千美元
We delivered some cigars today, must be worth about $2,500.
把这批雪茄载到63街,放在店铺后面
Took them to a place on 63rd and was told to put them in the back.
-我们今晚可以轻易拿走-但却不知道如何处理
– We could lift them easy tonight. – But we don’t know what to do with them.
你卖♥♥雪茄,是不是?
You sell cigars, don’t you?
不是那种雪茄
Not that kind.
我买♥♥不起
Can’t afford it.
我有自己的生意门路,但不包括买♥♥卖♥♥赃物
I’ve got my own system, boys. But being a fence ain’t part of it.
-也许你认识什么人…-也许认识吧
– Well, we thought maybe you know somebody– – Maybe I do.
是吗?
Yeah?
你把雪茄带到那里去
You might take them there.
我会打电♥话♥说你们要来
I’ll call up and say you’re coming.
谢谢,帕蒂
Thanks, Paddy.
等等
Wait a minute.
如果你们被拦堵,给我打电♥话♥
If you get in a jam, give me a ring.
你们会发现帕蒂·赖安是你的朋友
You’ll find out Paddy Ryan’s your friend.
谢谢,帕蒂
Thanks, Paddy.
你为何要帮我们?我们从未帮你做过差事
Why do you want to front for us? We ain’t never done nothing for you.
也许没有
Maybe not.
但我自己有时候也需要朋友
But I may need a friend myself sometimes.
我比你年长,我知道没有朋友是寸步难行的
I’m older than you, and I’ve learned that nobody can do much without somebody else.
记住这一点:你们必须要有朋友
Remember this, boys. You gotta have friends.
我一直关注着你们,我为你们担心过
I’ve been watching you and hearing about you, and I’ve been worried.
你们跟那个两面派的灰鼻子一起混时,我很担心
I was worried when you got mixed up with that two-timer, Putty Nose. Aah.
那种人很危险
Such guys are dangerous.
很高兴你们能来找我
I’m glad you come to me.
对我帕蒂·赖安来说,世上只有两种人…
So far as Paddy Ryan’s concerned there’s only two kinds of people…
正确的人和错误的人
…right and wrong.
我觉得你们是正确的人,你们会发现我也是,除非你们背叛我
Now, I think you’re right. You’ll find that I am, unless you cross me.
很高兴合作
That’s swell.
别哭了
Don’t cry.
一切都会好起来的
Everything will be all right.
妈,你好
Hello, Ma.
汤米,噢,汤米乖孩子,你不会离开我的,是不是?
Tommy. Oh, Tommy boy. You won’t leave me, will you, Tommy?
汤米乖孩子,我只剩下你了
You’re all I’ve got left now, Tommy boy.
妈,怎么回事?怎么了?
What’s the matter, Ma? What’s up?
迈克应征入伍了
Mike’s enlisted.
-应征入伍?加入军队?-海军
– Enlisted? In the Army? – In the Marines.
汤米,但你不会去吧?向我保证你不会去参军
But you won’t go, Tommy? Promise me you won’t go.
你…你还是个孩子
You’re– You’re just a baby.
妈,听着…
Oh, now, listen, Ma…
如果你♥爸♥爸还活着,我不会这么在乎。向我保证,汤米
If your Pa was alive I wouldn’t care so much. Promise me, Tommy.
妈,我不会参军。他什么时候走?
I won’t go, Ma. When’s he going?
一接到电♥话♥就走,他在楼上…正收拾行李
As soon as he gets his call. He’s up packing now.
汤米,上楼去看看他
Go up and see him, Tommy.
我们…我们应该为他骄傲
We– We ought to be very proud of him.
-你好,迈克-你好,汤姆
– Hello, Mike. – Hello, Tom.
很高兴你能来,我想你已经听说了
I’m glad you came. I suppose you’ve heard?
对,你有点急啊,是不是?
Yeah. Kind of rushing it, ain’t you?
汤姆,当国家需要你的时候,你就应该挺身而出
Well, Tom, when your country needs you, she needs you.
是啊
Yeah.
-我猜你认为我也应该去-不
– I suppose you think I ought to go too. – No.
汤姆,也许我有点自私…
Maybe it was selfish of me, Tom…
但必须有人待在家里照顾妈妈
…but somebody’s got to stay here and take care of Ma.
你比我赚的钱多,虽然我才是兄长
You earn more money than I do and they’d have called me first anyway.
你总是让大家扫兴
You always did get all the breaks.
汤姆,不要那样说
Oh, don’t take it like that, Tom.
你现在是这个家里的男人了
You’ve got to be the man of the family now.
说到这个,我希望你可以多待在家里
And while we’re on the subject, I wish you’d try to stay home a little more.
-我不需要工作吗?-当然需要
– I gotta work, ain’t I? – Oh, sure.
汤姆,我今天去了一个地方,听说了一些事情
Listen, Tom. I was in a place today and I heard somebody say something.
-什么事?-呃,他们说…
– Well, what of it? – Well, they were saying–
好像是在议论你和麦特的什么事
Well, it seemed as though they were pointing a finger at you and Matt.
谁?哪只臭老鼠敢在背后说我坏话?
Who was? What rat would say anything about me?
放松点
Now, take it easy.
你总是道听途说,你的嗅觉过分灵敏…
You’re always hearing things. You’ll get too much in your nose someday…
-这会给你惹上麻烦-不要大喊大叫
– …and wonder how you got it. – For crying out loud.
我听到有人谈起你,说你做些不光彩的勾当
I heard guys talking about you. As much as to say, you were in on crooked work.
我能怎么办?跑开?
What am I supposed to do, run?
明白了,你不是在问我
Well, you ain’t asking me.
你是在通知我
You’re telling me.
而我什么都不知道,懂吗?
And I don’t know a thing. See?
汤姆,我所想说的是,你现在有份好工作
All I’ve got to say, Tom, is that you’ve got a good job now.
你不需要那些一起混的狐朋狗友了
You don’t need these rats you’re running with.
我猜你是希望我去上夜校念诗
I suppose you want me to go to night school and read poems.
我自己也听说了一些事
I’ve been hearing a few things myself.
-我没有什么不光彩的事-你就知道这些,你并不是那么精明
– There’s nothing to hear about me. – That’s all you know. You ain’t so smart.
-书本不能隐藏一切-汤姆,你是个骗子,你把一切都遮掩起来
– Books don’t hide everything. – You’re a liar, Tom. You’re covering up.
遮掩什么?遮掩你?你这个顺手牵羊的小偷
Covering up? For what? For you? Why, you’re nothing but a sneak thief.
-你说什么?-你听到了,顺手牵羊的小偷
– What did you say? – You heard me. A larceny sneak thief.
你是窃贼,专偷♥电♥车公♥司♥的钱
A nickel-snatcher. Robbing the street car company.
(1920年)
(美国实施禁酒令)
(由于禁酒令,本店所有酒精饮品
必须在午夜之前卖♥♥完)

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!