(华纳兄弟影业
荣誉出品)
片名:“国民公敌”
又译:“人♥民♥公敌”
(编剧:库贝克·格拉斯蒙、约翰·布莱特
导演:威廉·A·韦尔曼)
(詹姆斯·卡格尼饰汤姆·鲍尔斯)
(珍·哈露饰格温·艾伦)
(爱德华·伍兹饰麦特·多伊尔)
(琼·布朗德尔饰梅咪)
(唐纳德·库克饰迈克·鲍尔斯)
(莱斯利·芬顿饰纳尔斯·内森)
(贝丽尔·默瑟饰鲍尔斯妈妈)
(罗伯特·奥康纳饰帕蒂·赖安)
(默里·金内尔饰灰鼻子)
(前言:“国民公敌”的创作者们
旨在以客观视角忠实描绘)
(当今美国社会中某个阶级的环境
而不是美化暴徒或罪犯)
(虽然“国民公敌”的故事
本质上是真实故事)
(但片中提及的姓名及角色
纯粹都是虚构的)
(华纳兄弟影业有限公♥司♥
特此声明)
(1909年)
拉里,请拿支雪茄给我
Larry, give me one of those kind of cigars, will you?
请你装满酒罐
Fill them up, will you?
(酿酒厂)
号♥外,号♥外!
Extra, extra!
号♥外,号♥外!
Extra, extra!
买♥♥报纸吗?
Paper?
号♥外!
Extra!
号♥外!看新闻号♥外!
Extra, extra! Read all about it!
(基♥督♥教救世军)
号♥外!
Extra!
看新闻号♥外!
Read all about it!
号♥外!
Extra!
号♥外!看新闻号♥外!
Extra! Read all about it!
我们喝一口
Give us a swig.
号♥外!
Extra!
你好,汤米
Hello, Tommy.
你好
Hello.
罐装油?
Can greased?
麦特,我们还有正事呢
Come on, Matt. We got business.
给我们亲一个吧
Give us a little kiss, huh?
-这就是你调戏女人的后果-嗷
– That’s what you get for fooling with women. – Ah.
嘿,你们两个,停下!
Hey, you boys. Stop!
停下,我说停下!
Stop, I tell you. Stop that!
请原谅
Oh, I beg your pardon.
警官,抓住那两个男孩
Officer, get those boys.
小流氓!别让我抓住你们…
You little imp! If I get ahold of you…
麦特,瞧啊
Hey, Matt. Look.
-汤姆,那不公平-你在乎什么?她只是个姑娘
– Aw, that ain’t fair, Tom. – What do you care? It’s only a girl.
-但她是我姐姐-那又有何关系?
– Well, she’s my sister, ain’t she? – What difference does that make?
麦特,扶我起来
Hold me up, Matt.
别管她,她没事的,那是学习的方法
Leave her alone. She’s doing fine. That’s the way to learn.
汤姆·鲍尔斯,这正是你的作风,你是本城最卑鄙的男孩
That’s just like you, Tom Powers. You’re the meanest boy in town.
他并不卑鄙,他不是把轮滑鞋送给你了吗?
He is not. He give you the skates, didn’t he?
我确信他之所以送给我是为了对我耍诡计
I believe he did it just so he could play that trick on me.
我要去告诉你哥哥迈克
I’m gonna tell your brother Mike.
你去告发吧,他现在来了
Aw, go ahead and tell him. Here he comes now.
-迈克,你会帮我的,是不是?-茉莉,你从哪里弄来的轮滑鞋?
– You’ll help me, won’t you, Mike? – Where’d you get the skates, Molly?
-汤姆给我的-汤姆,你又是从哪里弄来的?
– Tom gave them to me. – Tom did? Where’d you get them, Tom?
他从一个欠他钱的孩子那里弄来的
He got them from a kid who owed him some money.
汤姆,我打赌是你偷的。茉莉,把鞋还回去
I bet you stole them, Tom. Give them back, Molly.
你为何不管好自己的事?没人叫你来多管闲事
Say, why don’t you mind your own business? Nobody asked you to put your two cents in.
汤姆,还给你,如果这是你偷来的,我不要
Here, Tom. I don’t want them if you stole them.
-你和娘娘腔迈克一个德行-拿着,汤姆
– Oh, so you’re getting like sissy Mike too. – Take them, Tom.
你并不是那么好,你♥爸♥爸会偷鸽子
Say, you ain’t so darn good. Your old man swipes pigeons.
汤姆·鲍尔斯,他没有偷,你是个大骗子
Tom Powers, he does not. You’re a big liar.
但他在监狱里,警♥察♥不会无缘无故把人抓进去
He’s in jail, ain’t he? They don’t put people there for nothing.
所有属于监狱的人都会被抓进去,汤姆·鲍尔斯,你有一天也会进监狱
Everybody who belongs there ain’t there. That’s where you’ll be some day, Tom Powers.
我还没进监狱呢,即便进去也不会是因为偷鸽子
Well, I ain’t there yet. And if I do go, it won’t be for swiping pigeons.
汤姆,告诉你父亲你只是开玩笑
Tell him you were only kidding, Tom.
这次你打哪里,上面还是下面?
How do you want them this time, up or down?
(红橡树俱乐部)
三张牌发给我
Three for me, too. Three skins.
-你们好-她还好吗?
– Hello, there. How are you? – How’s she going?
-出牌-压住你
– Hit me. – Hit you. There you are.
-再出牌-压住你
– Hit me again. – Hit you. There’s one.
又压住你了
Better hit you again. There you go.
“丽兹·琼斯,又高又胖”
Lizzy Jones, big and fat
“她在冰上摔倒,弄坏了她的…”
Slipped on the ice and broke her–
嘿,灰鼻子
Hey, Putty Nose.
好啦,我马上回来,小伙子们
All right. I’ll be back in a minute, boys.
我马上回来
I’ll be back in a minute.
小伙子们,什么事?
Hello, boys. What’s up?
-我们有些东西-真的?
– We’ve got something. – Really?
-你从哪里弄来的?-文沃斯大道
– Where’d you get them? – Wentworth Avenue.
这值多少钱?
How much are they worth?
不值钱,只是些廉价怀表
Oh, not much. Just cheap watches.
-廉价怀表?每只一美元-对,总共有六只
– Cheap watches? A buck apiece. – Yeah, and there’s six of them too.
我不知道拿它们怎么办,很难脱手
I don’t know what I can do with them. They’re hot.
别绕弯子了,灰鼻子,你知道怎么卖♥♥出去
Aw, come on, quit stalling, Putty Nose. You know how to sell them.
你太精明了
Heh. You’re too smart.
-我看看能拿它们做什么-我们能得到多少钱?
– Well, I’ll see what I can do with them. – How much do we get?
你们每人得五十美分如何?
Well, what do you say to half a buck for each of you?
-五十美分?免谈-汤姆,我可没耍你
– Half a buck? Aw. – I ain’t cheating you, Tom.
那是个好价钱
That’s a good price.
我也承担了风险,也许我根本就卖♥♥不出去
I have to take all the risk. And maybe I can’t sell them at all.
把那五十美分给我们吧
Give us the half a buck.
灰鼻子总是对你们很公平,是不是?
You know old Putty Nose always plays on the square with you, don’t you?
-嘿,这只有两毛五-对,这只有五分钱
– Hey, this is only two bits. – Yeah, and this is only a nickel.
噢,我弄错了
Oh, my mistake.
-是喔-抱歉
– Yeah. – Sorry.
这样你们俩就欠我一个月的俱乐部会费
Then you both owe me a month’s dues to the Club, don’t you?
-没错,汤姆-所以我们扯平了,明白吗?
– That’s right, Tom. – Yes, so we’re calling that square, see?
-很公平吧?-当然
– That’s all right, isn’t it? – Sure.
你们做了桩好生意
You done a good stroke of business.
如果你们找到了更多…
And if you find anything more…
你们会记住老灰鼻子的,是不是?
…you just remember old Putty Nose, won’t you?
好的,我们走吧
Okay. That’s right.
(1915年)
(红橡树社交俱乐部)
我们用他们俩那样的雏儿做什么?
Heh. What do we want with a couple of young squirts like them for?
他们不会太差的
They ain’t gonna be so bad.
而且他们做一票价钱不高
And they won’t expect much of a cut.
-你好,汤姆-你好,灰鼻子
-Hey there, Tom. – Hello, Putty Nose.
-小伙子们-嘿
– Hello, boys. – Hey.
你一个人吗?
Are you alone?
我和麦特在一起时总是一个人
I’m always alone when I’m with Matt.
你想找人做点小买♥♥卖♥♥?
You looking for a sock on the button?
我担心你会把迈克带过来
I was afraid you might have brought Mike with you.
那个笨蛋在学校忙着呢
Ah, that sucker. He’s too busy going to school.
他在学习怎么做个穷♥人♥
He’s learning how to be poor.
他不在电车上工作了吗?
Oh. Ain’t he working on the street cars anymore?
当然工作,白天是个售票员,晚上去学校
Sure. He’s a ding-ding in the day time. Goes to school at night.
灰鼻子,你找我们做什么?
What did you want us for, Putty?
一些好事
Uh, something sweet.
还记得我常说的话吗?
Remember how I always said…
如果我有份好差事,一定会叫上你们俩
…when I got something good I’d cut you in?
记得
Yeah.
那么…
Well…
这位荷兰人了解一切布局
Now, Dutch here knows the whole layout.
我们在接头处干了一个星期
We’ve been casing the joint for a whole week.
-警♥察♥怎么办?-你根本不怕警♥察♥
– How about the cops? – You ain’t afraid of cops?
这份差事不会有麻烦
There ain’t gonna be no trouble.
如果有的话,我发誓会保护你们
And if there is, I promise you that I’ll protect you.
这位林皮会负责盯梢
Now, Limpy here will be lookout.
那地方在夜晚像死亡一样寂静
The place is dead at night anyhow.
你们干不干?
Well, are you on?
我们从未干过这么大票的差事
Well, we ain’t never done nothing so big.
大就代表好!我保证会让你们得到好处
Big. Big is right. I’m giving you a break like I promised.
当今皮草可非常吃香
Furs. Furs is worth plenty nowadays.
汤姆,你呢?

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!