Martha?
晚上好 先生们
Good evening, gentlemen.
晚上好 斯坦利 夫人
Evening, Mrs Stanley.
你真的不应该来这里
You should… really not come here.
一位女士不能到他丈夫工作的地方看他吗?
Cannot a lady visit her husband in his place of work?
你们男人
You men…
你们出去等我
you wait outside.
说到为什么你不应该到这里来
We spoke about why you shouldn’t come here.
因为这是不恰当的
This is not appropriate…
莫里斯 这三天都看不到你
Morris, you’ve been gone for three days.
我自己在家里很孤独
It’s lonely up there at the house.
没有你 这里太安静了
It’s so quiet without you.
你要回家了吧?
Are you coming home now?
是 我有些事情要办
Well, I have things to attend to.
我会叫 当恩 陪同你回家的
I’ll have Officer Dunn escort you home.
我一会就回来
I’ll be back soon.
你看上去很糟糕 莫里斯
You look terrible, Morris.
是
Yes.
是 我是
Yes, I do.
当恩
Dunn.
是谁?
Who is that?
但他只是个孩子
But he’s no more than a boy.
他已经是个男人了 太太 他当然已经是个男人了
He’s man enough, ma’am. He’s man enough, indeed.
够了
Enough.
陪 斯坦利 太太回家 在那里等着 直到我回去
Escort Mrs Stanley home and wait there till I return.
亲爱的 你要多久回来?
How long will you be, dear?
要晚一点
Later.
永远不要再和我妻子谈论类似的事情
Never speak to my wife about such things again.
你明白吗? 我道歉 长官
Do you understand? My apologies, Captain.
永远不要让任何人知道 今天那栋房♥子里发生的事
What happened today on the flats, that’s between you and me.
当然 先生
Of course, sir.
因为如果大家都知道了 会引起严重的后果
Because there would be consequences were it to become common knowledge.
是
Yes.
艾莉沙 霍普金斯 是个虔诚的基♥督♥徒
Eliza Hopkins was a good Christian woman,
而且她是我的朋友
and she was my friend.
我向上帝祈祷 愿他的死很快 没有痛苦
I pray to God that her death was mercifully swift.
确实很快 不是吗?
It was, wasn’t it?
玛莎 我们可以谈点别的事情吗?
Martha, can we speak of other things?
到这里来 斯坦利
Come here, Captain Stanley.
我可怜的 丈夫
My poor husband.
你的大脑里装着整个世界
The world you live in in there.
别沮丧 亲爱的
Don’t be gloomy, dear.
你所背负的担子
This burden you carry…
或许你可让我分担一点
you might let me carry it too.
我相信你
I believe in you.
趴下 呆在床上
Stay down. Stay in bed.
上帝啊 你
What in God’s name…?
天 先生
Christ, sir…
我把我的脚趾射掉了
I’ve shot my bloody toes off.
这里没有什么好看的 玛莎?. 回到床上去
There’s nothing to see here, Martha. Go back to bed.
当恩警官射掉了他的脚趾
Officer Dunn has shot his t…
玛莎 回屋里去
Martha, go back inside.
何时?月亮告诉天空中的星星
“When?” said the moon to the stars in the sky
很快,跟他回家的风说
“Soon,” said the wind that followed him home
是谁?哭泣的云问
“Who?” said the cloud that started to cry
是我,干硬如骨的骑手回答说
“Me,” said the rider, as dry as a bone
怎么了?融化了大地的太阳问
“How?” said the sun that melted the ground
为什么?不愿奔跑的的河流问
“Why?” said the river that refused to run
在哪儿?发出巨响的雷声问
“Where?” said the thunder without a sound
这里,骑手举起了枪
“Here,” said the rider, and took up his gun.
血猩的苍蝇
Bloody flies.
杀了一个 会有一打聚在它的尸体上
Kill one and a dozen more turn up to his funeral.
哦 丹尼 孩子
Oh, Danny Boy
苍蝇到处爬
The flies, the flies are crawl…
哦 宽恕一千次吧 我亲爱的
Oh, a thousand pardons, my dear man.
看起来我快要崩溃了
It appears that I am a little scuppered.
哦 这也不要 那也不要
Oh, no need for that, sir. No need for that.
我们是白人 你和我
We are white men, you and I.
请允许我介绍我自己
Permit me to introduce myself.
我的名字是杰龙 莱木
My name is Jellon Lamb.
世界公民 你可能会说
Citizen of the world, you might say.
一个冒险家
An adventurer.
像我这样没受过丁点教育的人,是否可以的大胆
And, if I may be so bold, a man of no little education.
而你呢? 先生
And you, sir?
我应当怎样称乎这位尊敬的先生呢?
By what name am I honoured to address thee?
当然 只是细节
Of course, a… mere detail.
只是细节
Mere detail.
原谅我 先生 但是我陷到这里了
Forgive me, sir, but I’ve been stuck here
没有人可以聊天 只有和这个 爱尔兰猪屎
with no-one but this sorry sack of Hibernian pig shit for conversation.
可怜的 可怜的 旦 奥瑞利
Poor, poor Dan O’Reilly.
坐 先生 我和一起喝酒
Sit, sir. Drink with me.
再有任何对爱尔兰人的不敬,莱木先生,我一定开枪打死你
One more crack about the Irish, Mr Lamb, and I’ll shoot you.
我清楚了吗?
Am I clear?
象恩尼斯的河水一样清楚 先生
Oh, as the waters of Ennis, sir.
那让我们为爱尔兰人举杯
Let us drink, then, to the Irish.
真不是优秀的种族 曾削过土豆片
No finer race of men have ever… peeled a potato.
你祈祷吗 莱木先生? 慈善的主啊 儿子
Do you pray, Mr Lamb? Good Lord, son.
不 我不祈祷
No, I do not.
我曾经是一个信徒
I was, in days gone by, a believer.
但是 唉 自从我来到这片被围困的土地
But, alas, I came to this beleaguered land
我心中的上帝
and the God in me just…
被蒸发了
evaporated.
让我们换一个祝酒辞 先生
Let us change our toast, sir.
为忘记了我们的主
To the God who has forgotten us.
但是首先
But first…
最重要的原则
cardinal rule.
永远不要和一个你不认识的人举杯
Never raise a glass with a man whose name you do not know.
我叫 查理斯 莫菲
My name is Charles Murphy.
查理斯 是吗?
Charles, eh?
或许你曾经读过
Perhaps you’ve read
物种的起源 自然选择的方式
‘On The Origin Of The Species By Means Of Natural Selection’
达尔文
by Charles Darwin.
不要被书的名字吓倒
Oh, don’t be thrown by the title.
他有些有趣的事情要说
He had some most fascinating things to say.
令人兴奋
Chilling things.
达尔文先生花费了很多时间来研究土著
Mr Darwin spent time studying Aboriginals.
他声称我们实际上是一个种
He claims we are, at bottom,
相同的种
one and the same.
他推断 莫菲先生
He infers, Mr Murphy,
猴子是我们共同的祖先
that we share a common ancestry with monkeys.
猴子
Monkeys!
莫菲 俄♥国♥ 中国 刚果
Mr Murphy, Russia, China, the Congo.
哦 我还曾经遇到不为人知的种族
Oh, I have travelled among unknown people
在海洋的另一边的大♥陆♥上
in lands beyond the seas.
但是没有任何事
But nothing…
可以让我准备好面对
nothing could have prepared me
这样一个荒凉的地方
for this godforsaken hole.
你看 莫菲先生
You see… Mr Murphy…
我的目的是追求钱财
I am something of a fortune hunter.
你到这里来追求什么财富呢? 莱木 先生?
And what fortune do you hunt out here, Mr Lamb?
那也是我要问你的问题 莫菲 先生
That would be my question to you, Mr Murphy.
把手拿开 莫菲 不然我就割断你那该死的喉咙
Unhand me, Murphy, or I’ll slit your fucking throat.
我们是白人 先生们
We are white men, sir.
不是野兽
Not beasts.
他在那边的阴沉沉的山上住
He sits up there in those melancholy hills.
有人说他象野兽一样睡在洞穴里
Some say he sleeps in caves like a beast.
象北海巨人睡得一样死
Slumbers deep like the kraken.
黑人说他是一个幽灵
The blacks say that he’s a spirit.
军队永远不可能抓到他
The troopers will never catch him.
一般的军队毫无作用 莫菲 先生
Common force is meaningless, Mr Murphy,
因为他据守在坚固的据点中