Are you sure you don’t want
伏特加或者布朗宁吗
a little splash of vodka or brownie?
你为什么和妈妈依旧在一起呢
Why are you and mom still together?
好吧
Yeah.
这问题倒是挺奇怪的
That’s a rather odd question.
不 一点都不奇怪
No, it’s not.
好吧 没错 我们
And I guess you’re right, we… um…
我觉得随着年龄的增长
I think as you get older,
你就会发现自己需要一个
you, um, find yourself needing someone
完全信赖的人一起过日子
to hold accountable for life
而且不会是你想象当中的样子
not turning out exactly as you’d imagined it.
天呐 爸
Jesus, dad.
我知道
I know.
听我说 并不是所有人际关系都得那样
But listen to me, not every relationship has to be that.
我是说 大多数是
I mean, having said that, most are.
好吧
Okay.
说点开心的 你和泰勒怎么样了
On that happy note. How’s it going with Taylor?
处得很不错
It’s going really well.
真的吗 那就好
Yeah? Good, that’s good.
那就好
That’s very good.
你恋爱了吗
Are you in love?
是的
Yeah. I am.
哇 真的吗
Wow. No shit.
我真为你开心 甜心
Yeah, well, I’m happy for you, sweetheart.
真的很为你开心
I’m so happy. I’m so happy for you.
谢谢爸爸
Thanks.
你要确定她知道你有多珍贵
You make sure she understands your worth.
-我确定 她知道的 -最好是
– I know. She does. – She better.
她该死的最好是知道
She damn well better.
你女儿恋爱了
Your daughter is in love.
你告诉她要小心点吗
Did you tell her to be careful?
没有
No.
我告诉她尽情享受
Told her to enjoy herself.
知天命是生而为人的唯一要务
To realize one’s destiny is a person’s only obligation.
第三章
我是真的快死了
呃 然后 他开始倾听沙漠
Uh, and so, uh, he begins listening to the desert,
发现世间万物的灵魂
and, uh discovering the soul of the world,
这不可避免的会 指引我们
which then inevitably, uh, leads us to…
很好 停下
All right, stop.
给你B
You get a B.
-但我还没讲完 -请坐下
– But I’m not finished. – Take a seat.
我觉得讲得很好
I thought it was great.
问你个问题
Let me ask you a question.
你们觉得这些狗屁有用吗
Are you guys getting anything out of this shit?

Yeah.
很好 因为我不得不说 我也觉得
Good. Because I have to say, I am as well.
我想说 你们是成年的年轻群体
I mean, you’re all rather a solid group of young adults,
我喜欢和你们在一起
and I enjoy your company.
没错 我得说我们确实挺成熟的
Yeah. Yeah, uh, I’d say we’re all pretty mature.
成熟 其实就是另外一个词
Well, maturity is really just another word for…
来表示你能忍♥受多大痛苦
how much misery you’d swallow.
是的 完全正确
Yeah, totally.
我说的是别人带给你的痛苦 罗丝
I’m talking about the piss and shit of others, Rose,
而不是你自己本身的
not your own.
介意我抽支大♥麻♥吗
Do you mind if I smoke a joint?
谢谢
Thanks.
我非常愿意帮他代课
I’m more than happy to help, uh, pick up his classes,
如果这能帮上点忙的话
if that helps at all.
这是在开玩笑吧
You got to be kidding me.
他是在抽大♥麻♥烟吗
Is he smoking a marijuana cigarette?
呃 可能他只是 呃
Uh, look, um, maybe he’s just trying to be…
真♥他♥妈♥难以置信
Fucking unbelievable.
理查德
Richard.
你为什么戴着墨镜
Why are you wearing sunglasses?
我有癌症
I have cancer,
我理应在不合适的场合戴墨镜
I’m supposed to wear sunglasses in unusual places.
好吧
Yeah.
劳驾 能再给我们来两杯吗
Excuse me, can we have two more please?
呃 不用了 买♥♥单好了
Uh, no, uh, the check please.
为什么
Why?
听着 你得跟我走
Look, you’re coming with me.
我不想跟你走
I don’t wanna go with you.
皮特 我们要去哪儿
Peter, where are we going?
带你去互助小组
I’m taking you to support group.
干嘛的互助小组
A support group for what?
癌症 我的天
Cancer. Oh, Jesus.
学术休假的时候 想让我帮你代课吗
Want me to help you with your sabbatical,
那你就为我去 这对我来说也不容易
then do this for me. This is not easy for me,
应该说是非常困难
it’s actually, it’s quite hard.
我理解 但是 要死的人是我
Uh, I understand that, but, you know, it’s my death.
是啊
Yeah.
这他妈是什么
What the fuck is this?
呃 是芭芭拉的
Well, it’s, uh, it’s Barbara’s.
恶心 我可不进去
Eww. Um, I’m not getting in.
闭嘴 给老子上车
Shut up, and get in the damn car.
这车其实挺好开的
It actually drives quite nice.
开门
Door.
-好了 -不错
– Here you go. – Well done.
我们结婚二十年了 我本以为
After 20 years of marriage, I thought she’d, you know,
她会一直陪着我 直到我离开人世
stick around until I died.
至少我希望她会这样
At least, I hoped she would.
但是 也许没这个必要吧
But, I guess, it was really no point,
也许 对她来说
you know, I guess it makes more sense for her
忘记过去向前看 才是最合适的
to move on now.
但是尽管如此
But despite all that, I’m-I’m…
我 我还是挺好的
I’m feeling pretty good.
我还不错
I’m doing okay.
谢谢
Thank you.
谢谢你跟我们分享你战斗的故事 艾德
Thank you for sharing the journey of your battle, Ed.
好 准备好就可以开始了
All right. Whenever you’re ready.
呃 我叫皮特 我很健康
Uh, my name is Peter, I’m healthy,
我没得癌症
I don’t have cancer,
至少我觉得自己没事
at least I don’t think I do.
我朋友
my friend,
理查德有癌症
Richard does.
我觉得他应该来这里聊聊这件事
And I thought that he could here and talk about it.

I’m…
很害怕
scared,
很担心
I’m worried,
我不想失去我最好的朋友
I don’t wanna lose my best friend.
皮特 你这样真的很暖心
That is really very lovely of you, Peter.
感谢你给我们分享你
Thank you for sharing the journey of your…
战斗的故事
battle.
好 理查德
All right, Richard.
准备好了随时开始
Whenever you’re ready.
不不不 我不参加这个 不不
Oh, no, no, no. I’m not doing this. No, no.
-来嘛 -我没什么要说的
– Come on. – I have nothing to say.
这对你有好处
It’s good for you.
嗯 要不 从你的诊断结果开始讲行吗
Uh, well, um, why don’t you start with your diagnosis?
啊 还是不了吧
Uh, I’d rather not,
其实我想走了
I’d actually prefer to leave this place
因为这里的光线太暗
because the lighting is poor down here,
闻起来就跟便池除臭剂和甜饼干一样
and it smells like urinal cakes and sugar cookies.
呃 你会发现如果你
Uh, well, you find that if you…
如果你从诊断结果开始讲起
if you start with your diagnosis…
我觉得你会发现 我已经知道
I think that you’re gonna find that I already know
我不同意你所说的任何话
that I disagree with whatever you’re about to say.
皮特我们走吧 我们下次再试
Peter, let’s go. We’ll give it another shot.
有没有人想一起喝一杯
Would anyone else like to go and grab a drink,
逃离这个情感呆圈
and escape this emotional circle jerk?
你要去吗

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!