新的开始
A new beginning.
是的
Yes.
新的开始 是的
New beginning, yes.
一个如此有教养的人
How can a man of such high breeding
怎么会因为疾病退化出兽♥性♥呢
have regressed through disease so far back to animality?
医生
Doctor?
芒西先生
Mr Monsey?
小伙子们都来插手了 我们这有什么
The lads all chipped in. What have we here?
这是一本书 先生 我们都很感激你
It’s a book, sir We are all grateful to you.
是的 没错 谢谢你 芒西先生
Yes, it is. Thank you Mr. Muncie.
你救了那年轻警卫的命 先生
Because you saved the life of the young guard, sir
我会很渴望读它 我也会永远珍惜它
I will read it avidly and I will treasure it forever.
请代我感谢你们的人
Please thank your men on my behalf.
圣诞快乐 先生
Merry Christmas sir.
你也是 圣诞快乐
Merry Christmas you too yes.
火腿肉 芒西先生
Ham, Mr. Monsey
先生
sir?
我发现一块上好的热火腿
I find that a good warm ham is
要比大量的毯子或火堆的煤块都更能抵御寒冷
often better at fighting the cold than any number of blankets or coals in the fire.
尤其是在每年的这个时候
Especially at this time of year.
先生 他喜欢这本书吗
Did he like the book, sir?
这本书
The book?
呃 我不知道
Yup I do not know.
他看过了吗
Has he read it?
他打开了包装
Well, he opened the wrapping.
然后打开书
Then open the book
然后
Yes?
然后把书扔出了窗外
Then he threw it out the window.
什么 – 就是这样
What? –Yes
他说有书页上的一个恶魔汽化了
He said a demon vaporized, off the page,
然后进了他鼻孔里
and up his nostrils.
他的鼻孔
His nostrils?
现在他在里面拔鼻毛呢
And now he’s in there pulling out all his nose hair.
为了栩栩如生的标会每一个词
To chart the life of each word,
我们必须从它的诞生开始记录
we must start with a record of its birth,
从它第一次被写出来时
when it was first written down.
从那时起 文字在千古的岁月中
From there, words come down to us through the ages,
斗折蛇行 迂回前进
twisting and turning, weaving their way.
他们的意思历经沧海桑田
Their meanings, slipping and slivering,
像鱼一样
fishlike
不断给自己增减微妙细小的差别
adding and shedding subtleties of nuance to and from themselves.
但在浩瀚的英语文学中
But they leave tracks.
它们留下了车辙马迹
In the great expanse of the literature of the English language.
我们将对这些单词穷追猛赶 逐个击破
We will chase them, hunt them and ferret them out.
对每一个单词 我们都力求追本溯源
All of them, every single word, from all of the centuries of writing.
为此 我们将搜根剔齿 阅遍群书
and we will do so by reading every single book.
可以实现吗
Can it be done?
你个美丽又荒唐的疯子
You crazy beautiful bastard.
守卫 守卫
Guard, guard.
墨水 我需要墨水
Ink, need ink.
好的 我明白
Yes, I understand, sir.

Paper.
– 好的 先生 – 要很多很多纸
– Yes sir. – Lots, lot and lot of it
我会尽力去办 医生
I’ll see what I can do, doctor.
还有 科曼
And, Coleman.
先生
Yes sir?
可以请你帮我把这个扔了吗
Would you be so kind as to dispose of this for me?
这是什么 先生
What is it, sir?
噢 你看不到吗
Oh you cannot see?
哦 哦 我看到了 先生
Yes, yes of course I can, sir.
这是我打喷嚏时喷出来的鼻毛
A sneeze of hair of mine in demonic vapours.
记得扔完洗手
Make sure to wash your hands
我向你保证以后再给你找点
and I’ll make sure to fit you out some more later
– 谢谢你 先生 – 谢谢你 科曼
– Thank you sir. – Thank you Coleman.
我冷的受不了了 我要回家了
I feel so cold, I wanna get myself home.
不要嘛 我们可以相互取暖
We will warm each other, come on.
我很冷
I feel cold.
对 就这样 笑一个
Yeah, smile
– 不行 还是冷 – 来嘛
– I can’t, it’s still cold. – Come on.

No.
不 不 你答应我的 你答应过的
No, no, you promised me, you promised me.
起开 我什么都没答应你
Get off, I promised you nothing.
那我该靠什么养育我的孩子们呢 啊
what are my means to feed my little ones with, ah?
我怎么知道 你怎么不去问问他们的父亲
I do not know, you see why not to see their father.
孩子们 火柴装得怎么样了
How are the matches coming guys?
妈 你还好吗
Mom, you alright?
嗯 我就是需要休息一会儿
Yeah, yeah, I just needed a moment.
你好 我能为您做什么
Yes, can I help you?
晚上好
Good evening.
一切都会好的
Things gonna be alright.
请问你妈妈在吗
I’m just wondering if your mother
今晚上我们一定可以把这些火柴装完
We’ll get these matches done before night’s end.
有位先生在门口等你
There is a man at the door.
跟他说圣诞节不讨债 他自己会走的
Tell him it’s Christmas and he will go away.
– 您介意明天来吗 – 哦
– Come here tomorrow, okay? – Oh
那可以麻烦你帮我把这个给你妈妈吗
Could you just give this for me
顺便帮我说一声 芒西祝她圣诞快乐
And tell your mother a happy Christmas from Mr. Muncie?
再见 孩子们
Good night, girls.
妈妈
Mom?
这个是火腿的 那个 他没说
It’s a ham, in one, the other, he did not say.
他说 帮我跟你妈妈说圣诞快乐
He said, tell your mother happy Christmas.
芒西祝她圣诞快乐
Happy Christmas from Mr. Muncie.
妈 他不是坏人 对吗
It’s alright then, isn’t it, Mom?
先生
Sir.
先生 请等等
Stop, sir, please.
什么事 亲爱的
Yes, dear?
– 这份是给我的吗 – 当然
– Is this supposed to give me? – Yup.
– 再见 米利特太太 – 再见
– Good night, Ms. Merrett. – Good night.
还有 谢谢你
And thank you.
别怪我多话 太太
Forgive me for saying, Madam.
本不应该这样的
But it doesn’t have to be in this way.
孩子们本不需要挨饿
Children, they don’t need to got hungry.
有个人愿意抚养他们的
There is one waiting to feed them.
带我去找他
Take me to him.
我要看着他的眼睛 自问能不能受得了他
Let me look him in the eyes. To see if I can stomach him.
我去了宴会 吃了苹果香蕉和蔓越莓
I went to a banquet and I ate apples, bananas and cranberries.
我去了宴会 吃了苹果香蕉蔓越莓和狗肉
I went to a banquet and I ate apples, bananas, cranberries and dog.
不可能 不能吃狗肉
That can’t be. Can’t eat dog.
– 我能吃 – 不 你不能
– Yes I can. – No, you can’t. Mom.
妈妈对吗 妈 妈
Mother. Mom
所有人 圣诞快乐啊
Merry Christmas all.
放纵一下吧 布莱德利先生
Making fun, Mr.Bradley.
啊 快 我们抓住他们了
Ah, yeah, we got them.
你个小坏蛋
You little villain.
你记得我们在学校里过的第一个圣诞节吗
Do you remember our first Christmas at the school?
哈罗德也就差不多8 9个月大
Harold was no more than 8 or 9 months old.
胖胖的 小小的
He was such a fat little baby.
你还记得他是怎么哭的么
Do you remember how he used to cry?
有一晚上他死命的尖叫
One night he was screaming so hard
我竟没想到他能叫的那么大声
that I do not know how his little body could do it.
他身上的每个细胞都在咆哮
Every ounce of him shrieking
我试的所有办法都不管用 我吓坏了
Nothing I tried would calm him. I was frightened.
然后你回来了
Then you came home.
你把他举起来 抱在怀里
You lifted him up to your arms, yeah
对 就这样 然后他就不哭了
held him to your chest, he stopped.
他累得不行 很快就睡着了
He was so exhausted. He fell asleep instantly.
总是这样 对他们所有人都是
Always been that way, with all of them.
有些东西你有 我却没有
You have something I didn’t.
所以我让自己成为那种跟你截然相反的人
So I taught myself to be what you were not.
严厉 古板 固执
Strict, fixed, changeless.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!