I wish that the greater portion of it to go to Mrs. Merrett
以供养她孩子们
for the support of her children.
好吧 我相信他会安排的
Well, I’m sure he can arrange for this
先生
sir?
我想亲自处理这个问题
I want to take care of this personally.
看 医生
Hey, Doctor.
你有我们最好的人处理这件事
You have our best men Works on the case.
谢谢你 芒西先生
Thank you, Monsieur.
这有孩子还在睡觉
There are children sleeping here.
夫人 只有一封信要送
Only a letter to deliver, ma’am.
送信有点晚了 不是吗
Bit late for the post, isn’t it?
你们这些骗子
You lot are terrible liars.
我不是报社的 也不是警♥察♥什么的
I’m not from the papers. Or the police or naught.
我不是来打扰你的
I’m not here to bother you at all.
你要确保你本人收到了
I needed to make sure you got it right personal.
我把它塞到门下
I’ll slide it under the door.
我不是记者
I’m not with the papers.
那你是谁
who are you then?
我是芒西 夫人
I am Monsieur, Madam.
希望我能帮助你
I am hoping to help
这是你的吗
Is this from you
不 夫人 这封信可以解释这件事
No, Madam, The letter will explain.
是谁的
Who’s it from?
她都没考虑一下
She wouldn’t consider it.
谢谢你 芒西先生
Thank you, Monsieur.
再看一遍 我们必须找到它
Look again. We must have it.
我已经找过了 没有
I have looked. We do not, sir
我在14 15 16世纪有找到引用
I have quotes for it in the 14th, the 15th, the 16th and the 19th.
但在17或18世纪没有
But not in the 17th or the 18th centuries.
这怎么可能
How is that possible?
1849年 罗斯金如何写
How can Ruskin write
雕塑是由颜色决定
“The sculpture is approved and set off by the colour” in 1849?
如果你告诉我这个词在17世纪消失了
How can I, here in 1872, use the word everyday,
我怎么能在18世纪在这里每天使用它呢
if you are telling me that it vanished in the 17th Century.
200年来它去了哪里
Where did it go for 200 years?
我不是说它消失了 先生
I am not saying it vanished, sir
我只是说我们没有证据
I am simply saying that we do not have proof
再去找 查尔斯
Look again, Charles.
先生 你想让我去哪找
Where do you want me to look, sir?
是生日卡 还是医学说明
Maybe the Birthday cards. Or the Medicinal instructions?
或者是操作手册
Or the How-to manuals?
盖伊 福克斯之夜 的消息怎么样
How about the Guy Fawkes day messages?
Guy Fawkes
英国篝火节
我们还只是在处理A
We are only dealing with the A here.
B C D E F G H I J K 又该怎么办
What of B C D E F G H I J K
没有希望的 先生
This is hopeless, sir.
霍尔先生
Mr Hall
请尽量保持彬彬有礼的样子
Please try to maintain a semblance of decorum.
亨利 这里到底出了什么问题
Henry, what exactly is the problem here?
是Approve这个词 先生
It’s “Approve”, sir. There is a missing link.
缺少关联
There is a missing link.
更别提art这词
To say nothing of “Art”.
我们在17和18世纪找不到这个词
We’re missing Approve in the 17th and 18th centuries.
我们找不到任何痕迹
We can’t find a single trace of it.
去看《失乐园》
Look at Paradise Lost.
语言在弥尔顿那发生了至关重要的转变
The language took a crucial turn with Milton.
弥尔顿
弥尔顿:英国诗人
代表作《失乐园》
他是一个纯粹主义者
He was somewhat of a purist
想重新定义英语的意思
wanting to re-affirm the meaning of his English.
关键也许就在那儿
The key would be there.
也许我们可以跳过17世纪 先生
Perhaps we could skip the 17th century, sir.
我们知道这个词在1380年
We have its birth in 1380
起源于约翰·威克理夫
with John Wyclif.
约翰·威克理夫
(1328-1384)英国经院神学家,翻译家,英国散文之父
基♥督♥确立了他的律法 他的死证明了它
“Christ confirmed his law and with his death approved it.”
我们在本世纪也有罗斯金使用的记录
And we have Ruskin in this century.
布拉德利先生 我们必须迈出每一步
Mr Bradley We must have every step.
这不是哪个世纪的问题
It is not about the centuries
是要记录下词义演化的每一步
this is about recording the evolution of meaning.
去看麦尔顿的诗 那边就有
Go to Milton It’s right here.
好吧 先生
Yes, Sir.
布莱德利先生 – – 查尔斯
Mr Bradley –Charles.
道歉 很多人为他所获得的自♥由♥道歉
APOLOGY: Many apologies for the liberty he was taking.
詹姆斯 亨利 利 亨特 1848年
James Henry Leigh HUNT, 1848
利·亨特(詹姆斯·亨利)1784–1859年
一位英国作家
接受道歉
Acceptable.
剃刀 把我的剃刀拿来 剃刀
Razor! Bring me my razor! Razor!
理查德先生 冷静点
Sir Richard! Calm down!
剃刀 把刀给我
The Razor! Bring me my razor
伙计们 都他妈的快点
Lads, bloody hell, hurry up.
父亲 父亲 父亲 父亲
Father. Father. Father. Father.
父亲 父亲
Father Father.
这家伙迪克兰莱利 是罪有应得
This man Declan Riley is deserved
给他烙上
Mark for what he is
锌 我需要一张锌板
Zinc … I’ll need a sheet of zinc.
他一定是从底下来的
He must have come from below.
还要水 放在碗里 放在门槛那
And water, in a bowl, at the threshold.
这样 恶魔就不能通过了
This, the demon will not pass.
医生 另一边有什么
what’s on the other side? , doctor?
是应为黑夜 他想带我去那
It’s the night. He wants to take me there.
他的瞎眼睛只能在黑暗中看到我
With his blind eyes, he can only see me in the dark.
如果我把灯点亮 你会有什么感觉
How would you feel if I brightened the light?
是治疗方案吗
As treatment.
我不需要治疗
I do not need treatment.
不是治疗 而是实验
Not as a treatment, as an experiment
我想要能看到他来
I need to see him coming.
这样我可以自卫
So that I can defend myself
用于自我保护的实验
–As anexperiment in self-protection
我们可以一起实验 医生 好吗
we could embark on together, doctor, yes?
让我看看伤口
Let me take a look at this.
面部有多处浅层裂伤
Superficial lacerations multiple to the face.
如果我们能让你感到家的舒适感
How will you feel, doctor? if we would introduce
你会感觉好些吗 医生
with some of the comforts of home?
直颌型下巴 面部角度80度
Orthognathous jaw, facial angle 80 degrees
也许给一些衣服
Maybe some clothes.
爱色♥区♥ 8增量 繁衍区 4减量
Amativeness, 8 incline. Philoprogenitiveness, 4 decline.
注:颅相学认为 大脑是心灵定居的器官
各种心理官能在大脑占据不同部位
故根据头盖骨隆起的程度和特征
即能判断相应的心理官能发达的程度和特点。
这怎么样
How can this be?
我要用自己的衣柜来保护
My own wardrobe as protection?
用来保护吗 说准确点
As protection, precisely
自立区 3常量 好战区 6常量
Adhesiveness, 3 constant. Combativeness, 6 incline.
分泌区 8 希望区 4 都是常量
Secretiveness, 8. Hope, 4 Both constant
说些简单的东西 我们可以放在你周围
Yes Simple things we could fit into your surroundings.
正好隔壁的牢房♥也可以使用
It also happens that the adjoining cell has come available.
能让你舒展的空间
You can stretch your legs.
能给我画画的空间
This will give me space to paint
我可以有画架来画画
I could have easels to paint
当然 奇迹 理想主义 智慧 塑造区
certainly… Wonder, Ideality, Wit, Form.
都是8减量
All 8 decline
事实记忆区 未能确定
Eventuality, undetermined
医生 你还有其他要求吗
Do you have any other requests, doctor?
我的书 我能拿我的书吗
My books, may I have my books?
可以 还要别的吗
By all means, is there anything else?
我的枪
My gun
也许我们不会同意这一点
Maybe we will not agree to this.
谢谢你 医生
Thank you doctor.
请不要谢我 – 很久没有人了
Please do not thank me It has been a long time since anyone
这是不同的 我亲爱的朋友 不用谢
this is different my dear friend, no thanks.
不用感谢
No thanks.