-但你还没读呢。——什么?
– But you haven’t read it yet. – What?
也许她……哦,是的。也许。
Perhaps she… Oh, yes. Perhaps.
埃塞克斯,怎么了?她……我已经忍♥受了很多,但仅此而已。
Essex, what is it? Does she… I’ve endured much, but this caps all.
听。
Listen.
â“埃塞克斯勋爵将解散他的军队……并立即返回伦敦投案自首。”
âx80x9cLord Essex will disperse his army… and return immediately to London to give himself up.”
我要回伦敦去自首。
I’m to return to London to give myself up.
你听到了吗?
Do you hear that?
-放弃我自己!-为什么?
– To give myself up! – But why?
为什么?好吧,你可能会问。
Why? Well, you may well ask.
她和蒂龙是一伙的吗?
Is she in league with Tyrone?
她千方百计地挫败和阻挠我的行动现在,当我要干掉他的时候,我要回到伦敦去投降。
She defeats and obstructs my campaign in every way possible and now, when I’m about to finish him up I’m to return to London to give myself up.
-她是女王。-我是她的主题。
– She’s the queen. – And I’m her subject.
但我也是个男人,这一点她似乎忘了。
But I’m a man too, which she seems to have forgotten.
Knollys。
Knollys.
——老爷?-唤醒营地。
– Milord? – Rouse the camp.
让所有人集♥合♥。我们今晚行军。
Have every man fall in. We march tonight.
——今晚?-马上。
– Tonight? – At once.
-回伦敦?——没有。打倒泰隆!
– To return to London? – No. To smash Tyrone!
喇叭手!吹响战斗的号♥角。
Bugler! Sound the call to arms.
记住,各位大人,我不是孤军奋战。
Remember, my lords, I’m not alone in this.
您的证据,夫人,让我提醒您。
Your proof, My Lady, let me remind you.
女王给了你几封信让你转交。
The queen gave you letters to be forwarded.
如果埃塞克斯勋爵没有接受……女王陛下知道你对他的感情自然会认为是你的嫉妒毁了他们的感情。还是我错了?
If Lord Essex did not receive them… well, Her Majesty knows your feelings for him and naturally, would conclude that your jealousy has destroyed them. Or am I wrong?
我为什么要相信你?
Why did I ever trust you?
你利用了我。
You used me.
为了你自己的目的欺骗了我。
Tricked me for your own ends.
嗯,我受不了了。我不会!
Well, I won’t stand it. I won’t!
我去告诉王后。
I’ll tell the queen.
不管发生什么事,我都要告诉她真♥相♥。
No matter what happens, I’ll tell her the truth.
我们截获了她写给埃塞克斯的信以及他写给她的信!
That we’ve intercepted her letters to Essex and his letters to her!
你的头和脖子都很漂亮,夫人。
You’ve a lovely head and neck, My Lady.
把他们分开是很可惜的,但你在哪里找到这种怜悯呢,在一个嫉妒的女王的心里吗?
It would be a pity to separate them, but where would you find that pity, in the heart of a jealous queen?
弗朗西斯爵士。
Sir Francis.
你要去见女王?
You’re going to the queen?
女王陛下好心派人来找我。
Her Majesty has been good enough to send for me.
我先和你谈谈。
I’ll speak with you first.
如果是要告诉我我已经知道的事情……你知道什么?
If it’s to tell me what I already know… What do you know?
所有关于埃塞克斯写给女王的信以及女王写给埃塞克斯的信被封♥杀♥的事。
Everything about the suppression of letters written by Essex to the queen and sent by the queen to Essex.
那你打算怎么做?
And what do you intend to do?
让女王来审问我。我已经迟到了。
Ll let the queen question me. And I’m late already.
如果你提出无法证明的指控,你会在刽子手的斧头下巧妙地为自己辩护。
If you make accusations you can’t prove you’ll argue yourself very neatly under the headsman’s ax.
如果王后从我这里什么都没学到怎么办?
And what if the queen learns nothing from me?
在我们的帮助下,宫廷里没有你填补不了的职位。
With our help, there’s no position at court you can’t fill.
如果你需要一个借口,这个埃塞克斯不仅对国家是个危险…我自己找借口。
If you need an excuse, this Essex is not only a danger to the state… Ll find my own excuses.
因为我知道女王爱她的王国和人♥民♥胜过一切,永远如此。
Because I know the queen loves her kingdom and people above all men and always will.
艾塞克斯的船就是在这块岩石上沉没的。
That is the rock on which Essex’s ship will founder.
你不必为什么烦恼!必说。
You need not trouble about what! shall say.
你真是个风向标,培根,什么风最顺风,你就怎么吹。
You’re quite a weather vane, Bacon, always riding whatever wind is fairest.
我是个有理智的人。
I am a man of sense.
佩内洛普!
Penelope!
培根少爷在哪儿?我半小时前把他叫来了。
Where is Master Bacon? I summoned him half an hour ago.
先生们,这是散步吗?
Is this a promenade, gentlemen?
我从房♥间往外一看就能看到你吗?
Am I never to look out of my room without seeing you?
请原谅,陛下,我…我看腻了你们的脸。出去。
Your pardon, Your Grace, I… I’m weary of your faces. Get out.
跟我来。
Come with me.
谨慎。
Caution.
你又逼我等你了,培根大♥师♥。
Once again, you force me to wait for you, Master Bacon.
对不起,夫人。我被罗伯特·塞西尔爵士扣留了。
Your pardon, madam. I was detained by Sir Robert Cecil.
你是塞西尔的朋友吗?-我从来没去过。
– Are you Cecil’s friend? – I have never been.
他是个精明的人。他是一个值得追随的好人。
He is a shrewd man. He is a good man to follow.
-他在宫廷里很有地位。-也许吧。
– He’d stand in well at court. – That may be.
那你为什么不是他的朋友?
Why are you not his friend, then?
我们不是一条船上的。
We’re not on the same side.
你还是艾塞克斯的朋友吗?
Are you still Essex’s friend?
是的,夫人。
Yes, madam.
跟踪他是个危险的人。
He is a dangerous man to follow.
——危险吗?-他不再对我有利了。
– Dangerous? – He is no longer in my favor.
-忘了他吧。-但是,陛下……埃塞克斯的朋友们马上去塔里。
– Forget him. – But, Your Majesty… All friends of Essex are going straightaway to the tower.
你还是他的朋友吗?
Are you still his friend?
是的,夫人。就这些吗?
Yes, madam. Is that all?
-坐下。-但是,陛下……坐下来!
– Sit down. – But, Your Majesty… Sit down!
你不相信我。
You don’t believe me.
为什么?
Why?
如果你想把我关在塔里,我现在就在那里,什么都不说。
If you intended to imprison me in the tower, I’d be there now and no talk about it.
你是精明的。也许太精明了。
You’re shrewd. Perhaps too shrewd.
如果诚实是精明的,夫人,它会得到更大的青睐。
If honesty were shrewd, madam, it would enjoy greater favor.
诚实。
Honesty.
如果我能确定有一个诚实的声音。
If I could only be sure of one honest voice.
告诉我…他不会,也不会让我失望,对吧?
Tell me… He wouldn’t, couldn’t fail me, could he?
-不,陛下。-那他为什么不给我写信?
– No, Your Grace. – Then why hasn’t he written me?
我给他写了一次又一次的情书。
I’ve written him my love time and time again.
实话告诉我,苦不苦。
Tell me truly, bitter or not.
他为什么还不回答?
Why hasn’t he answered?
你激怒他了吗,给他下了不受欢迎的命令?
Have you angered him, sent him unwelcome orders?
你知道,他很骄傲。
He’s very proud, you know.
我已经切断了所有的收入和供给,命令他解散军队返回。
I’ve cut off all revenue and supplies, ordered him to disband his forces and return.
但是陛下,派遣一位伟大的领袖带领一支军队,然后又抛弃他,给他蒙羞。
But Your Majesty, to send a great leader out with an army and then to desert him heap disgrace upon him.
但在那之前,我给他写了很多情书。
But before that I wrote him lovingly many times.
-他回答了?——没有!
– And he answered? – Nothing!
坦白说,女士,作为埃塞克斯的朋友,这是不能容忍♥的。
Well, that, frankly, madam, as Essex’s friend, that can hardly be tolerated.
将来也不会。
Nor will it be.
但我不想让你和他对着干。
But I don’t wish to turn you against him.
也许有什么误会。
Perhaps there was some misunderstanding.
误解?
Misunderstanding?
他有我的信,是吗?不是吗?
He had my letters, didn’t he? Didn’t he?
如果是您派来的,陛下,他应该已经收到了。
If you sent them, Your Grace, he should have received them.
如果他们没来,他会告诉你的。
He’d tell you if they didn’t arrive.
你有他的消息,对吧?
You’ve had word from him, haven’t you?
-是的,但是我…——是的!
– Yes, but I… – Yes!
他给你写信了,但没有给我!
He wrote you, but not me!
还是你在撒谎?
Or are you lying?
我认为你是。
I think you are.
我觉得你在骗我。
I think you lie to me.
就是这样!
That’s it!
谎言,谎言,谎言!
Lies, lies, lies!
被困在谎言和欺骗的丛林中,窒息而死。
Trapped and strangling in a jungle of lies and deceit.
你!你也是,一开始,让我相信你不会背叛他。
You! You, too, at the first, making me believe you wouldn’t betray him.
不。
No.
不。我疯了。
No. I’ve gone mad.
夜复一夜,在房♥间里踱来踱去。
Night after night, pacing my room.
睡不着,折磨…“他爱我,他不爱我。”
Sleepless, tortured… saying, “He loves me, he loves me not.”
他不爱我,从来都不爱我。
He loves me not and has never loved me.
他以为不写信就能让我崩溃。
He thought he’d break me by not writing.
打断我,直到我说,â我是你的。
Break me till I’d say, âx80x9cI’m yours.
â“我所有的一切都是你的。
âx80x9cAll that I am and have is yours.
身体,灵魂和王位。”
Body, soul and throne.”
就是这样。他从来都不想要我。
That’s it. He never wanted me.
他想要我的王国。
He wanted my kingdom.
但是…我仍然是女王,他永远也不能把我的王位夺去。
But… am queen still, and that he shall never take from me.
我还没有崩溃……是吗,培根?
I’m not broken yet… am I, Bacon?
不,陛下,以后也不会。
No, Your Majesty, nor ever will be.
不,不。
No, no.
不,我们不能再跟着他了。
No, we must follow him no longer.
不要再见他了,我的朋友。
See him no more, my friend.
他走在流沙上。避免他。
He walks on quicksand. Avoid him.
-是的,陛下。-现在就走。
– Yes, Your Majesty. – And go now.
你做得很好。我相信你。
You have done well. I trust you.
你的恩典。
Your Grace.
-什么事?-休战派对,大人
– What is it? – A truce party, milord.
把他们带到这儿来。
Fetch them here.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!