陛下没有求您,陛下。
Her Majesty does not beg you, my lord.
她命令你回去。
She commands you to return.
什么?她命令我?
What? She commands me?
在这里,她当着整个法庭的面侮辱我现在又命令我回去?
Here, she insults me in front of the entire court and now she commands me to return?
让她见鬼去吧。
To the devil with her.
如果你现在失去理智,大人,你以后就真的会失去理智。
If you lose your head now, my lord, you’ll lose it in earnest later on.
你忘了你说的是你的女王吗。
Have you forgotten you’re talking of your queen.
我的女王吗?哈哈。
My queen? Ha ha.
一个威尔士人的曾孙女。
The great-granddaughter of a Welsh pantry man.
让她见鬼去吧。我告诉你,我会留在这里。
To the devil with her. I tell you, I’ll stay here.
你的回答不仅仅是取悦女王身边的人吗?
Is your answer to be more than please those around the queen?
——为什么?你是什么意思?-你没听说吗?
– Why? What do you mean? – Haven’t you heard?
塞西尔,满载荣誉。
Cecil, laden with honors.
科克被任命为司法部长。
Coke, appointed attorney general.
还有罗利,努力讨好他。
And Raleigh, working himself into favor.
每一天,他和她的劝告越来越近,对她的爱越来越近。
Every day, he grows nearer to her in counsel, closer in her affection.
罗利,那只癞蛤♥蟆♥。
Raleigh, that toad.
她给他买♥♥了新的银盔甲,华丽得比太阳还耀眼。
She’s bought him new silver armor, whose magnificence outshines the sun.
你说他和她的感情越来越亲密了?
He grows closer to her in affection, you say?
因为缺少一个更亲爱的人。她爱你。
For lack of someone dearer. She loves you.
但是,作为一个女人,她有她的骄傲。
But, being a woman, she has her pride.
她的骄傲。
Her pride.
听着,培根少爷,对付女人没有什么秘密。
Look here, Master Bacon, there’s no mystery to handling women.
他们都像这位小女士。
They’re all like this little lady here.
你让他们饿一点,让他们更渴望。
You starve them a little to make them keen.
是的,如果你让它们挨饿太久,它们就会转身撕咬你。
Yes, and if you starve them too long, they turn and rend you.
-我自己看。-最好向英国看齐。
– I’ll look to myself. – Better look to England.
既然巴加诺德在爱尔兰被打败了。
Now that Baganold’s been defeated in Ireland.
那是什么?Baganold打败了吗?
What’s that? Baganold defeated?
被杀了,他的军队被毁了。
Killed, and his army destroyed.
这就是女王陛下命令你回来的原因。
That is the reason Her Majesty commands you to return.
她需要你。
She needs you.
她当然需要我,因为她身边有那么多像罗利那样的傻♥逼♥和他那群人。
Well, of course she needs me, with a lot of addle-headed nincompoops like Raleigh and his crowd around her.
——蒙特乔伊!——老爷。
– Mountjoy! – Milord.
回万斯特德收拾行李。
Back to Wanstead and pack.
我们马上就回伦敦。
We’re returning immediately to London.
我亲爱的沃尔特爵士。
My dear Sir Walter.
好了,好了,好了。
Well, well, well.
你比我想象的还要出色。
You’re even more splendid than I’d imagined.
即使在我撤退的时候,我也听到了你那件银盔甲的消息。
You know even in my retreat, news came to me of that silver armor of yours.
我病了,我发誓它治好了我。
I was ill and I swear it cured me.
很高兴您恢复健康,大人。
I’m glad you’re well again, my lord.
哦,你真该听听我听到的对你的赞美。
Oh, you should have heard the compliments I’ve heard passed on you.
“沃尔特爵士穿银色的,â”他们说。
“Sir Walter’s in silver,âx80x9d they said.
â“世界已经被超越了。月亮,不是月亮……”
âx80x9cThe world has been outdone. The moon, not moon…”
-你不必重复了。-哦,但我坚持。
– You need not repeat them. – Oh, but I insist.
设计。工艺。
The design. The workmanship.
看,培根。很壮观,不是吗?
Look, Bacon. Magnificent, is it not?
我对自己说,â“伟大的人。”
And I said to myself, âx80x9cThe great man.”
这是我们一直需要的。更多的银色盔甲。
This is what we’ve always needed. More silver armor.
银无处不在。银色的海洋。
Silver everywhere. Oceans of silver.
瓦尔特爵士已经树立了风格。世界将会效仿。
Sir Walter has set the style. The world will follow.
当我听说女王陛下本人也很欣赏它时,我…等一下,先生们。一个时刻。
And when I heard that Her Majesty herself admired it, I… Wait, gentlemen. A moment.
喂,侍卫!
Ho there, guard attendant!
我立刻派人去找银匠,让他们为王后的贴身侍卫制♥作♥了足够的盔甲。
I straight away sent for the silversmiths and had them produce enough armor for the queen’s personal guard.
保重,大人。我受不了侮辱。
Take care, my lord. I bear insults badly.
侮辱吗?什么侮辱?
Insults? What insults?
那件盔甲是你为女王订购的。
You ordered that armor in the queen’s service.
为女王服务,我又订了一打这样的。
In the queen’s service, I ordered a dozen more like it.
埃塞克斯,我受够你了!
Essex, I’ve endured much from you!
在我结束之前还会忍♥受更多。
And will endure more before I’m finished.
这里不能有争吵。
There can be no quarreling here.
大人,您忘记了一个约会吗?
My Lord, have you forgotten a certain appointment?
-培根,你保护我?-我保护你们俩。
– Bacon, you protect me? – I protect you both.
你可以笑了,埃塞克斯勋爵。
You may have your laugh, Lord Essex.
来吧,先生们。
Come, gentlemen.
哦,又是一节课?来,校长。
Oh, another lecture? Come, schoolmaster.
埃塞克斯,你什么时候才能意识到在宫廷里不树敌有多重要?如果罗利或者…我会结交朋友,选择敌人来取悦自己。
Essex, when will you realize how vital it is not to make enemies at court? If Raleigh or… I’ll make friends and choose enemies to please myself.
现在我回来了,他们比我更需要朋友。
Now that I’m back they’ll need friends more than I do.
大人,您一直是我的朋友和庇护人。
My Lord, you have been my friend and patron.
我的星星和你的固定在一起。
My star is fixed to yours.
因为我不希望看到那颗星陨落,所以我再问你一个问题。
And since I’ve no wish to see that star fall, ll ask you one question more.
当你见到女王,你打算做什么?
When you see the queen, what do you intend?
为了安抚她?留住她的好感以及随之而来的一切?
To pacify her? Retain her favors and all that go with it?
还是跟她作对,把自己的命运托付给乌合之众?
Or to set yourself against her and trust your fortunes to the popularity of the mob?
我不会直接回答你,但我会这样说。
Ll not answer you directly, but this I will say.
我从来没有为了某种政策或目的去爱过或恨过,在我开始爱之前,我会在永恒中燃烧。
I’ve never yet loved nor hated for a policy or a purpose and I’ll burn in eternity before I’ll ever start it.
你明白,不是吗?
You understand, do you not?
——佩内洛普。-大人。
– Penelope. – My Lord.
我留下女王了吗?
Have I kept the queen?
我得承认女王陛下会等男人吗?
Would I admit Her Majesty would wait for any man?
我钦佩你的谨慎。
I admire your discretion.
-我说了算?-随你便。
– Only my discretion? – Anything you wish.
-告诉她我来了-她还没准备好。
– Just tell her I’m here. – She’s not quite ready.
能让我单独谈谈吗,大人?
May I have one moment, my lord?
当然。
Of course.
-诚实回答。——诚实。
– Answer honestly. – Honestly.
你……你爱女王吗?
Do you… Do you love the queen?
是的,亲爱的。深入。
I do, my dear. Deeply.
我希望你爱过一个更爱你的人。
I wish you loved someone who loved you better.
——这意味着?-哦,没人。也许我自己。
– Meaning? – Oh, no one. Myself perhaps.
任何一个更爱你的人。
Anyone who loved you better.
为什么?难道王后不爱我吗,亲爱的?
Why? Doesn’t the queen love me, sweet?
她爱你,她不爱你。
She loves you, she loves you not.
她爱你,她不爱你。
She loves you, she loves you not.
你为什么告诉我这些?
Why do you tell me this?
-我很害怕。-给我的?
– I’m afraid. – For me?
我听到她晚上在房♥间里走来走去,整晚骂你,骂你,因为她一定是爱你,不能自已,发誓要报复你
I’ve heard her, walking up and down her room at night, all night long cursing you, cursing you because she must love you and can’t help herself, swearing a terrible revenge
为了这份爱,她不屑生你。
for this love she scorns to bear you.
哦,罗伯特,小心点。
Oh, Robert, be careful.
你太让她生气了。
You anger her too much.
为什么?所有的情人不都一样吗?
Why? Isn’t it the same with all lovers?
哦,不。我从来没有骂过你。
Oh, no. I’ve never cursed you.
但如果我们是恋人,你会的。
But if we were lovers, you might.
所以感谢你的幸运,我们没有。
So thank your lucky stars we’re not.
不要笑话。
Don’t joke.
我害怕。
I’m afraid.
-答应我你会小心的-我保证。
– Oh, promise you’ll be careful. – I promise.
-我会告诉她你来了。-没必要。
– I’ll tell her you’re here. – There is no need.
当我的佩内洛普刚刚从我身边走过时,她的眼睛和嘴唇看起来更柔软,适合接吻。
When my Penelope passed me just now her eyes and her lips looked the softer for kissing.
我是不是不合时宜?
Was I inopportune?
她只是个不懂事的孩子。
She’s just a thoughtless child.
这些小孩子彼此有自己的方式。
These little children have their ways with each other.
我们是不是已经开始暗示和指责了?
Do we begin already with hints and accusations?
你明明知道我……我只知道什么!看到的。
Why, you know perfectly well I… I only know what! see.
你觉得佩内洛普迷人吗?
Do you find Penelope charming?
除了你,我还有别的男人可以爱,也可以被爱。
Well, there are other men for me, besides yourself, to love and be loved.
总是有埃格顿或沃尔特爵士英俊,呃…镀银?
There’s always Egerton or Sir Walter the handsome, the, uh… The silver-plated?
好吧,他在你家门口不会再穿银器了。
Well, he’ll wear no more silver at your door.
我就知道这银器会吸引你的火力。
I knew this silver would draw your fire.
嗯。你做了什么?
Hm. What did you do?
来吧,告诉我。发生了什么事?
Come on, tell me. What happened?
没什么。我认为这种时尚突然变得太流行了。
Nothing. I think the fashion suddenly became too popular.
他去换衣服了。
He’s gone to change his clothes.
他在你门前不会再穿银器了。
He’ll wear no more silver at your door.
一个男人的吻会变得和其他人的一样,这不是很奇怪吗?
Isn’t it strange how one man’s kisses can grow to be like any other’s?
是的,是的。或者一个女人和其他女人一样。
Yes, yes. Or one woman’s to be like any other woman’s.
不是我给你的。
Not mine for you.
我也不会替你,你这个撒谎的坏蛋。
Nor mine for you, you lying villain.
你这鬼话骗子,诅咒你吧。
You devil tongue deceiver, curse you.