看着我。
Look at me.
还是说你也觉得王后的脸太苛刻,无法给你善意的一瞥?
Or do you too find your queen’s face too harsh for kindly glances?
哦,不,陛下。
Oh, no, Your Majesty.
我觉得你很可爱。真的,我喜欢。
I think you’re lovely. Really, I do.
但我哭是因为我…——好吗?——嗯…给我自己一点,因为我害怕和孤独。
But I was crying because I… – Well? – Well… A little for myself because I was frightened and lonely.
因为寂寞,我也为你哭过。
Because I was lonely, I cried for you too.
你为我哭了?
You cried for me?
原谅我,陛下,但我也知道爱一个人却看不见听不见是什么滋味。
Oh, forgive me, Your Grace, but I too know what it is to love someone and not be able to see and to hear.
它有时也会让我生气,心情不好。
It makes me cross too sometimes and out of sorts.
你不知道,当我不在你面前时,我有多可怕。
You’ve no idea, when I’m out of your presence, how horrible I am.
真的吗?
Are you indeed?
他是个什么样的人,这个让你为之孤独的幸运儿?
And what is he like, this lucky one that you are lonely for?
哦,他那么高,他的鼻子卷起来了。
Oh, he’s so tall and his nose curls up.
他的鼻子什么?
His nose what?
我是说,当他笑的时候,他的鼻子会像这样皱起来。
I mean, when he laughs, his nose crinkles up like this.
他很爱笑,你知道吗?
He laughs a lot, you know?
有时对着我。
Sometimes at me.
想象。哦,毫无疑问,他也很帅。
Imagine. Oh, and he’s handsome too, no doubt.
哦,夫人,他的眼睛是蓝色的,像矢车菊,只是更好看。
Oh, madam, and his eyes are blue, like cornflowers, only much nicer.
当他看着我的时候…
And when he looks at me…
这个典范是谁?
Who is this paragon?
彼得·芬奇利爵士,陛下。你不记得了吗?
Why, Sir Peter Finchley, Your Grace. Don’t you remember?
彼得·芬奇利爵士?啊,是的。现在我想起来了。
Sir Peter Finchley? Ah, yes. Now I remember.
一个宽肩膀的流氓,比任何男人都好看得多。
A wide-shouldered rascal, and much better looking than any man has a right to be.
跟巴加诺德的军队在爱尔兰,对吧?
With Baganold’s forces in Ireland, isn’t he?
我猜你是想让他再回家吧?
You want him home again, I suppose?
比世界上任何事都重要。
Oh, more than anything in the world.
他将被召回。
He shall be recalled.
我不知道该怎么谢你,陛下。
I don’t know how to thank, Your Majesty.
但他是否会来还很难说。
But it’s doubtful if he’ll come.
哦,我来命令。
Oh, I shall command it.
当他再次把你抱在怀里感谢上帝你不是女王。
And when he takes you in his arms again thank heaven you’re not a queen.
但我以为当女王…做女王就不如人类。
But I thought to be a queen… To be a queen is to be less than human.
把骄傲放在欲望之前,在人们的心中寻找温柔,却只找到野心。
To put pride before desire, to search men’s hearts for tenderness and find only ambition.
在黑暗中大声呼唤一个无私的声音,却只听到政♥府♥纸张干巴巴的沙沙声。
To cry out in the dark for one unselfish voice, hear only the dry rustle of papers of state.
用星星当眼睛望着心爱的人
To turn to one’s beloved with stars for eyes
让他只能看到身后行刑台的影子。
and have him see behind them only the shadow of the executioner’s block.
女王没有时间谈恋爱。
A queen has no hour for love.
时间紧迫,事情纷至沓来。
Time presses, events crowd upon her.
为了一个外壳,一个空的,闪闪发光的外壳,她必须放弃一个女人最珍视的一切。
And for a shell, an empty, glittering husk, she must give up all that a woman holds most dear.
现在,把弗朗西斯·培根大♥师♥找来。
And now, fetch me Master Francis Bacon.
-培根大♥师♥?-马上。
– Master Bacon? – At once.
是的,陛下。
Yes, Your Majesty.
我叫你的时候,你的脚步总是这么慢吗,培根少爷?
Will your steps always be so laggard when I send for you, Master Bacon?
我的脚步已经失去了被您召唤的习惯,陛下。
My steps have lost the habit of being summoned by you, Your Majesty.
我看,你的舌头一点也没变锋利。
And your tongue has lost none of its sharpness, I see.
上♥床♥睡觉,做充满希望的梦。
To bed and hopeful dreams.
你是艾塞克斯大人的朋友,对吧?
You’re a friend of my lord Essex, aren’t you?
我!陛下要我做什么我就做什么
I! am whatever Your Grace desires.
你自己的利益决定了一切。
And your own interest dictates.
不管怎样,你比任何人都了解他。
Anyway, you know him better than any other man.
他为什么不回宫廷?
Why has he not returned to court?
不是因为缺少吸引力,夫人,可能是他的骄傲。
Not for lack of attraction, madam, but possibly his pride.
他的骄傲真该死!
A pox on his pride!
他必须回家。我命令!
He must come home. I command it!
您这么需要他回来,陛下?
You need him back so badly, Your Grace?
纯粹是为了国家大事。你明白吗?
Purely for matters of state. Do you understand?
完美的,夫人。
Perfectly, madam.
哦,培根。
Oh, Bacon.
培根,别自作聪明了。
Bacon, stop being clever.
我太累了,不想和你斗智斗勇。
I’m too tired to fence with you.
我不能逼他回去,你知道的。
I can’t force him back, and you know it.
他那么愚蠢,那么固执,那么固执,除非我向他卑躬屈膝,否则他永远不会主动回来。
And he’s so stupid, so stubborn, so pig-headed that he’ll never return of his own accord unless I humble myself to him.
我永远也不会那样做。从来没有!
And that Ill never do. Never!
-你听到了吗?-当然,陛下。
– Do you hear? – Naturally, Your Majesty.
自然!
Naturally!
我受这样的罪是违反自然的。
It’s against all nature that I should suffer so.
告诉我,我该怎么办?
Tell me, what shall I do?
给我找个办法在不惩罚他的情况下迫使他回来。
Find me a way to compel his return without having to punish him.
我不会忘恩负义的。
I’ll not be ungrateful.
我的回报就是您的幸福,陛下。
My reward would lie in your happiness, Your Majesty.
当然,他的回报对你也有好处。
And the advantage to you in his return to favor, of course.
我不否认,夫人。
I’ll not deny it, madam.
但如何说服他,又能保住各自的尊严,我不知道该怎么办。
But how to persuade him and still save the pride of each, I’m hanged if I know.
也许我该在上面睡一晚。
Perhaps if I slept the night upon it.
是什么?
What is it?
爱尔兰来的信使,陛下。
A courier from Ireland, Your Majesty.
让他进来。
Have him enter.
陛下。
Your Majesty.
我来了……
I came…
培根。葡萄酒。很快。
Bacon. Wine. Quickly.
椅子上。
Chair.
请允许,陛下。
Allow me, Your Majesty.
-请原谅,陛下。-没关系。
– Pardon, Majesty. – Never mind that.
有什么新闻吗?
What is the news?
我们在爱尔兰被歼灭了,陛下。
We have been annihilated in Ireland, Your Grace.
泰隆让我们大吃一惊。威廉·巴加诺德爵士去世了。
Tyrone surprised us. Sir William Baganold is dead.
所有连队,部队,武器,物资,一切都被彻底摧毁。
Every company, troop, arms, stores, everything, utterly destroyed.
在那片不幸的土地上,战争,死亡,饥荒。
Wars, death, famine in that unhappy land.
为了什么?
And for what?
几英亩饱受高烧折磨的沼泽和几把衣衫褴褛的农民他们唯一的愿望就是安静地互相割喉。
A few miserable acres of fever-smitten bog and few handfuls of tattered peasants whose only desire is to be left in peace to cut each other’s throats.
嗯,他们可能会。
Well, they may.
我要结束这一切。
I’ll put an end to it.
没有人再去爱尔兰了。
Not another man goes to Ireland.
让西班牙的腓力把它作为基地?
And let Philip of Spain use it as a base?
他没有忘记加的斯,记住。
He’s not forgotten Cadiz, remember.
无论谁占领了爱尔兰都等于把匕♥首♥对准了英格兰的心脏。
And whoever holds Ireland points a dagger at the heart of England.
是的,是的,是的,我想你是对的,但我厌倦了这种流血。
Yes, yes, yes, I suppose you’re right, but I’m sick of this bloodshed.
我的政策一直是和平,这场战争是被迫的。
My policy has always been peace and this war was forced upon me.
和爱尔兰……
And Ireland…
去看医生。
Get a physician.
给他最好的食宿。
Give him the best of food and lodging.
是的,陛下。
Yes, Your Majesty.
一个时刻。
One moment.
彼得·芬奇利爵士呢?
What of Sir Peter Finchley?
-他也死了吗?-是的,陛下。
– Is he dead too? – Yes, Your Majesty.
他被击倒了。
He was struck down.
谢谢你。
My thanks to you.
好好照顾他。
Take good care of him.
“他笑的时候鼻子会皱,眼睛蓝色,像矢车菊。”
“His nose crinkles when he laughs and his eyes blue, like cornflowers.”
当他看着她的时候……
And when he looked at her…
哦,培根。
Oh, Bacon.
我只是个女人。
I’m only a woman.
我必须承受这个世界的重担和痛苦吗?独自一人吗?
Must I carry the weight, the agony of the world… alone?
不再是了,陛下。
Not any longer, Your Majesty.
如果你要组建一支新的军队,你需要一个领袖。
If you form a new army, you’ll need a leader.
——谁?——艾塞克斯。
– Who? – Essex.
如果你现在要求他回来,他再也不能拒绝了。
If you demand his return now, he can no longer refuse.
– â这是他的职责。——什么?
– âx80x98Tis his duty. – What?
把他送到爱尔兰去送死和毁灭?
And send him to death and ruin in Ireland?
那就让他成为武器的主人。
Then make him master of the ordnance.
以这种身份,他将留在伦敦,随时准备咨♥询♥。
In that capacity, he’ll remain in London and available for consultation.
去找他。
Go to him.
告诉他我需要他。
Tell him I have need of him.
陛下。
Your Majesty.
培根。
Bacon.
你离开房♥间时,叫玛格丽特·雷德克里夫小姐到我这里来。
As you leave the chamber, bid Mistress Margaret Radcliffe come to me.
我的荣幸,陛下。
My pleasure, Your Majesty.
可怜的孩子。
Poor child.
可怜的孩子。
Poor child.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!