他来的时候你不能在这儿。
You must not be here when he comes.
你叫我来的。
You sent for me.
是的。
Yes.
你把我惯得要死。
You spoil me for death.
让我独自思考不是更好吗?
Wouldn’t it have been kinder to have left me with my thoughts?
你真想死吗?
Are you so set on dying?
我不能说我在乎它,但如果它真的来了,那么,为什么,我最好还是迅速向前去迎接它。
I can’t say I care for it, but if it’s to come, why, then, it’s best I go forward quickly and meet.
你一定知道我没想让你死。
You must have known I never meant you to die.
我被判叛国罪。
I’ve been found guilty of treason.
叛国罪可判死刑
And treason is punishable with death.
罗伯特,就这一次对我好点。
Robert, be kind to me just this once.
我也很骄傲……苦是有原因的。
Lam proud, too… and bitter with much cause.
但我确实先开口了。我派人去找你。
But I did speak first. I sent for you.
你还想贬低我吗?
Are you going to degrade me further?
让我告诉你我是多么渴望你?
Make me tell you how I have longed for you?
你可以告诉我,因为这对你没有什么得失。
You can tell me that because you’ve nothing to gain or lose by it.
但如果我告诉你我爱你,你可能会认为我是为了活命才这么做的。
But if I were to tell you that I love you, you might suppose I’d do it to save my life.
你还爱我吗?
You love me still?
不,你从来没有爱过我。我爱过你。
No, you have never loved me. I loved you.
那是你最接近权力的方式。
And that was your nearest way to power.
现在是说真话的时候了,所以让我来说。
This is the hour for truth, so let me speak.
我比你大,但我是女王,所以你奉承我是很自然的,我相信你。
Lam older than you, but a queen, so perhaps it was natural that you should flatter me and I believe you.
是的,是的。这是真的,如果你愿意的话。
Why, yes, yes. That’s true, if you wish.
现在,我可以走了吗?
And now, may I go?
濒死在我的脑海里,使我成为可怜的伴侣。
This dying sticks in my mind and makes me poor company.
但请记住,我曾经爱过你。
But remember this, I did love you.
-现在还这样吗?——是的。
– And still do? – Yes.
那你为什么不把戒指寄给我?
Then why didn’t you send me the ring?
无论白天黑夜,我都会原谅你的一切。
I’d have forgiven you everything at any hour of the day or night.
我等待着,想着它当然会来的。
I waited, thinking of course, it would come.
不知怎的,夜晚就像白天一样过去了,它再也没有到来。
And the nights went by, somehow, like the days, and it never came.
就在这里,最后一个早晨,最后一刻钟。
And here it is, the last morning, the last quarter-hour.
就算我相信你,我也不会寄出去。
Even if I believed you, I couldn’t have sent it.
为什么不呢?
Why not?
因为如果我想让你信守承诺,而你却食言,我死的时候会比现在更不开心。
Because if I’d tried to hold you to your promise, and you’d broken it, I’d have died more unhappy than I am.
但我会遵守我的承诺。
Oh, but I’d have kept my promise.
我现在就留着它。
I’d keep it now.
如果我现在把这枚戒指给你,你会原谅我吗?
And if I were to offer you this ring now, you’d pardon me?
-像以前一样爱我?-哦,是的。
– Love me as before? – Oh, yes.
一切如常。
Everything as before.
那你的王位会怎样?
And what would happen to your throne?
我的宝座?
My throne?
-什么都没有。-现在你错了。
– Why, nothing. – Now, there you’re wrong.
因为我想把它从你身边夺走。
For I’d try to take it from you.
我曾为权力而战,但我输了,但如果…
I played for power once and I lost, but if…
听。
Listen.
你听到了吗,伊丽莎白?
Do you hear that, Elizabeth?
人们都支持我。
The people are all with me.
如果再给我一次机会,我会赢的。
And if I had another chance, I’d win.
你为什么告诉我这些?难道你不知道这意味着……我死吗?是的,我知道。
Why do you tell me this? Don’t you know it means… My death? Yes, I know.
我告诉你只是因为我爱你……爱你依旧。
I only tell you because I’ve loved you… love you still.
如果你不知道真♥相♥并面对它我就不会接受你的宽恕。
And I can never accept pardon from you without you knowing the truth and facing it.
所以…我最好还是离开。
So… it’s best I leave.
罗伯特,你不能。
Robert, you can’t.
你不能这样走。我不会让你这么做的。
You can’t go like this. I won’t let you.
我爱你。
I love you.
那么,你准备好放弃王位了吗?
Then, are you ready to give up your throne?
-不不不。我不能。-你还谈爱。
– No, no, no. I cannot. – And you talk of love.
一种依附在金箔宝座上的爱。
A love that clings to a tinsel throne.
罗伯特,等待。听。
Robert, wait. Listen.
我真的爱你。我会永远爱你。
I do love you. I’ll always love you.
直到生命从我身上枯竭,不管以后的岁月有多长,有多孤独。
Till life is drained from me, no matter how long and lonely the after years may be.
但是还有另一种爱,比我对你的爱更伟大。
But there is another love, greater even than that I have for you.
什么是大爱,让小爱走向死亡?
What’s this greater love that lets the lesser go to its death?
英格兰。
England.
这是我最伟大、最持久的爱。
That is my greatest and most enduring love.
当我想到如果你是国王,你会对我的国家做什么…我会看着你死,你的灵魂被判永生然后我才会让你这么做。
And when I think what you would do to my country if you were king… I will see you dead, yes, and your soul condemned to eternity forever before I’d let you do it.
你以为我不爱英国?
You think I don’t love England?
你做的事情。
You do.
但你的爱和你对权力的欲望不匹配。
But your love does not match your lust for power.
为了埃塞克斯更大的荣耀,你会向世界开战,拖垮你的国家让她淹没在债务和鲜血的海洋中。
For the greater glory of Essex, you would make war upon the world, drag your country down and drown her in a sea of debts and blood.
我曾希望,在监狱里,你会有点自高自大,因为监狱里很安静。
I had hoped, in prison, you would lose conceit of yourself a little, for prison’s very quiet.
请满足于和我一起统治,这样我们就能给我们的人♥民♥,留下和平与幸福的遗产。
Be content to reign with me so that we could leave behind us a legacy, to our people, of peace and happiness.
但是没有。
But no.
你一直野心勃勃对英格兰不忠,对我也不忠,直到最后。
You stayed crazed with ambition and faithless to England, as well as to me, to the end.
也许你是对的……我就会成为一个可怜的国王
Perhaps you’re right… and I’d have made a sorry king.
所以,这样更好。
So then, it’s better this way.
但我想让你知道。
But this I’d have you know.
如果事情不是这样,你只是个女人,而不是女王,而我是个男人,我们之间没有王冠,我们可以遍寻天地寻找一对完美的恋人
If things had been different, you simply a woman, not a queen, and I a man, with no crown between us, we could’ve searched heaven and earth for two perfect lovers
我们自己也结束了寻找。
and ended the search with ourselves.
在这个世界上我将要离开的所有东西中我最关心的就是你。
Of all the things on this earth that I’m now to leave I care about leaving none of them but you.
罗伯特。听我说。和我分享。
Robert. Stay with me. Share with me.
把戒指给我。把戒指给我。
Give me the ring. Give me the ring.
不。因为如果我这样做了,我就是你的死亡,你就是我的,你和英格兰必须活下去。
No. For if I did, I’d be your death or you’d be mine, and you and England must live.
-真的吗?——是的。
– Isn’t that true? – Yes.
那么,再见,我的爱人。
So then, goodbye, my love.
不。
No.
我老了。我老了。
I’m old. I’m old.
有了你,我就能重新年轻。
With you, I could’ve been young again.
为什么你不够爱我,给我你的爱,让我保持原来的样子?
Why can’t you love me enough, to give me your love and keep me as I was?
我不知道。我只知道我不能。
I don’t know. I only know I cannot.
罗伯特……夺去我的王位!把英格兰!这是你的!
Robert… Take my throne! Take England! It’s yours!
求你松开我的手。
Pray, loosen my hands.