anybody who’s susceptible to gout shouldn’t be…
最后一个对我这么说的医生
The last doctor who warned me about that
路过皮卡迪利广场时 踩到橘子皮滑倒了
was crossing Piccadilly, slipped on an orange peel,
一辆福特纳姆和玛森公♥司♥的货车从他身上碾过去
and was run over by a delivery van from Fortnum and Mason.
为了健康
To our very good health.
这么宝贵的酒 干嘛浪费在我们身上
Why are you wasting this precious stuff on us?
我不常见你嘛 多长时间了
I see you so rarely. How long has it been?
希腊译员那个案子之后就没见了吧
Not since the case of the Greek interpreter.
不荒谬吗
Isn’t it ridiculous?
两兄弟住在同一个镇上
Two brothers living in the same town…
或许是同一个镇 可不是同一个世界
In the same town, perhaps, but not in the same world.
这酒棒极了 你说是哪一年的
This is superb! How old did you say it was?
1814年
1814.
滑铁卢战役前一年
One year before Waterloo.
滑铁卢战役前一年
One year before Waterloo!
瞧瞧
Think of that!
你知道滑铁卢在哪儿吧 是不是 医生
You do know where Waterloo is, don’t you, Doctor?
为什么问这个…
Why, it’s…
在在比利时 对吧
It’s in Belgium, isn’t it?
没错
Quite.
说到比利时
And speaking of Belgium,
我留意到
it has come to my attention
你们对一位工程师
that you are interested in the whereabouts
的下落很感兴趣
of a certain engineer.
是的
Yes, I am.
我可以帮你省不少力气
Well, I can save you a lot of trouble.
你有什么建议的话我很感激
I’d be grateful for any suggestion.
我的建议是这事你别追查了
My suggestion is that you pursue it no further.
有什么特别的原因
For any particular reason?
因为此事关系到国♥家♥安♥全♥
Because it involves national security.
这事我们自己来处理
We are handling the matter ourselves.
我们 我们是指谁
We? Who’s we?
当然是第欧根尼俱乐部
The Diogenes Club, of course.
我可没这么说
I didn’t say that.
我一直怀疑这个
I’ve always suspected there was some kind of underground connection
古板得好像石化了的地方和外♥交♥部♥之间
between this stodgy and seemingly calcified establishment
有某种秘密关联
and the Foreign Office in Whitehall.
没有的事
That is neither here nor there.
在我看来 第欧根尼俱乐部的势力简直无处不在
It seems to me the Diogenes Club is here, there and everywhere.
苏丹动♥乱♥的时候
When there are rumblings of revolt in the Sudan,
你们俱乐部赞助了一支探险队
an expedition subsidized by your club
去研究尼罗河的源头
conveniently shows up to study the source of the Nile.
印度边境上有麻烦的时候
When there’s trouble along the Indian frontier,
你们俱乐部的几个成员
some of your fellow members pop up in the Himalayas,
跑到喜马拉雅山号♥称要找雪怪
allegedly looking for the Abominable Snowman.
我弟弟的想象力可真丰富
What a vivid imagination my brother has.
他五岁的时候 通过仔细观察邻居的房♥子
At the age of five, by carefully observing a neighbor’s house,
他推断出小孩不是鹳送来的
he deduced that babies were brought not by the stork,
而是从接生婆的提包里来的
but by the mid-wife, in her satchel.
这解释不错
As good an explanation as any.
维吉 什么事
Yes, Wiggins?
此事需要您立刻答复 大人
An immediate answer is requested, sir.

Oh, yes.
告诉他们三个箱子送去格伦·那·胡里克
Tell them that the three boxes go to Glen na Hurich
红色信使去城♥堡♥
and the Red Runner goes to the castle.
三个箱子送去格伦·那·胡里克
The three boxes to Glen na Hurich,
红色信使去城♥堡♥ 好的 大人
and the Red Runner to the castle. Very good, sir.
你干嘛不把它揉皱吞了
Why don’t you crumple it up and swallow it?
以防万一
Just to make sure.
我亲爱的夏洛克 有的事
My dear Sherlock, there are certain affairs
并不属于私♥家♥侦♥探♥的职责范围
that do not come within the province of the private detective.
这些事必须交给有关部门处理
They have to be dealt with on an altogether different level.
换句话说 你要我守住界限
In other words, you want me to stay within my limits.
的确如此
I do indeed.
说到这个限字 约拿有限公♥司♥到底是什么
And speaking of limits, what exactly is Jonah Limited?
夏洛克 我说让你放弃这个案子
Sherlock, when I said to drop this case,
这不仅仅是建议 这是命令
it was not merely a suggestion, it was an order!
凭什么
By whose authority?
凭女王陛下政♥府♥的授权
By the authority of Her Majesty’s government,
我说得够清楚了吧
and I hope I’ve made myself clear.
清楚极了
Perfectly.
先生们 恕不远送
And now, if you’ll excuse me, gentlemen.
再见 先生
Goodbye, sir.
和往常一样 别客气
A pleasure as always.
等一下
Just a minute!
你忘记你的工具箱了
You forgot your toolkit.
你告诉她你放弃案子时
You will be gentle, won’t you,
你会温柔一点 是吧
when you tell her you’re dropping the case?
华生 格伦·那·胡里克这个词让你想到什么
Watson, what does the word “Glen na Hurich” suggest to you?
完全没想法
Absolutely nothing.
-这地方在苏格兰 -是吗
-It’s Scottish. -Is it?
和大多数苏格兰地名一样 这个词简直是幅画
And like all Scottish names, it’s really a word picture.
“格伦”表示山谷
“Glen” means valley,
“那”表示的
“na” means of the,
“胡里克” 如果我没记错
and “Hurich,” if memory serves me,
表示紫杉树
means yew tree.
你只是在忽悠我吧
You’re just trying to impress me.
所以 那三个箱子要去紫杉谷
So, the three boxes go to the Valley of the Yew Tree.
我将来到苏格兰…
And I’ll be in Scotland before…
你是不是要放弃这个案子 福尔摩斯
You are dropping the case, aren’t you, Holmes?
开门
Open that door.
别开枪 哈德森太太 你会失去两个好房♥客
Don’t shoot, Mrs. Hudson. You’re liable to lose two excellent tenants.
总算回来了
At last.
真是一次可怕的经历
It’s been a ghastly experience.
为什么 发生了什么
Why? What happened?
你有没有试过绣花的时候
Did you ever try doing embroidery
手里拿把枪
with a gun in your hand?
那枪其实没上膛 你感到好多了吧
You’ll be relieved to know it was not loaded.
福尔摩斯 你打算违背迈克罗夫特的命令吗
Holmes, are you planning to disobey Mycroft’s orders?
他不只是你哥哥 你知道
He’s not just your brother, you know.
你这样就是和女王陛下的政♥府♥作对了
You’d be defying Her Majesty’s government!
有什么消息 你们有什么发现
Any news? Did you find out anything?
这么说吧 我知道下一步该做什么
Let’s just say I know what the next step will be.
然后呢
Yes?
我要你收拾行李
I want you to pack your things.
我们要去哪儿
Where are we going?
福尔摩斯 我得警告你…
Holmes, let me caution you…
今晚七点半
At 7:30 this evening,
华生医生和我带你到维多利亚车站
Dr. Watson and I are going to take you to Victoria Station
送你上火车
and put you on the boat train.
-火车 -那还差不多
-The boat train? -Well, that’s better.
你要把我送回布鲁塞尔 是不是
You’re sending me back to Brussels, is that it?
瓦拉东夫人 你得明白…
Madame Valladon, you must understand…
我是来这儿找我丈夫的
I came here to find my husband.
你一定得帮我
You were going to help me.
没错亲爱的 但是情况有变…
Yes, my dear, but circumstances have changed…
好一个大侦探
The great detective.
也许这案子对你来说微不足道
Maybe this case is too small for you.
恰恰相反 有关部门正在调查…
On the contrary, it’s being handled on a much higher…
我不回布鲁塞尔
I won’t go back to Brussels!
也许你要放弃 但我不会
Maybe you’re giving up, but I am not.
我要继续找他
I’m going to go on looking for him.
哪怕要杀了我
And nobody’s going to stop me
我也绝不罢手
even if they try to kill me.
你说完了没有
Are you quite finished?
回想一下
If you recall,
我说的是送你上火车
what I said was that we are going to put you on the boat train.
没让你坐火车走
I didn’t say you were going to stay on it.
她不走
She’s not?
七点半 福尔摩斯和华生医生
At 7:30, Mr. Holmes and Dr. Watson
会在维多利亚车站送别瓦拉东夫人

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!