We’ll do our best, I assure you.
瓦拉东夫人
Madame Valladon,
我要你再给你丈夫寄一封信
I want you to send one more letter to your husband.
致埃米尔·瓦拉东
To Emile Valladon,
艾什顿街 多少号♥来着
Ashdown Street. What was that number?
三十二
Thirty-two.
你想让我在信里写什么
What do you want me to say in the letter?
什么都不用写
Nothing.
什么都不用写
Nothing?
福尔摩斯
Holmes,
你要把一张空白信纸送到一间空着的店
you’re sending an empty sheet of paper to an empty shop?
那间空着的店显然被用作临时通讯处
That empty shop is obviously being used as an accommodation address
或者信箱
or letter-drop.
不过信箱里的信得有人来取啊
But what gets dropped must be picked up.
问题是怎么取 谁来取
The question is how? And by whom?
还有为什么
And why?
锤子
Hammer.
凿子
Chisel.
拿着
Here.
我这么长时间一直在给这么个地方写信
It’s so strange to think I’d been writing to a place like this.
真是太奇怪了
All these months.
看 金丝雀
Look! Canaries.
这以前可能是个宠物店
Suppose this could have been a pet shop?
也许吧
Maybe.
我们的信来了
Here comes our letter.
现在我们要面对侦探工作中最伤脑筋的一部分了
Now we’re faced with the most nerve-wracking part of a detective’s job.
什么都不干
Doing nothing.
就等着
Just waiting.
福尔摩斯先生
Mr. Holmes?
我不知道我要怎么付你钱
I don’t know how I’m going to pay for all this.
我装钱的那个钱包
My purse with my money in it
在泰晤士河底
is somewhere at the bottom of the Thames.
这已经算好的了 你也差点留在泰晤士河底
It could be worse. You could be at the bottom of the Thames
那样你更受罪
much to your discomfort.
我更抑郁
And much to my chagrin.
我不明白这人怎么来这儿取信的
I don’t understand how anybody picks up letters here.
没有脚印 只有些轨迹
There’s no footprints, just tracks.
这说明什么
What does it mean?
要不是这里显然没有冰
I would surmise somebody is using ice skates
我会猜有人穿了溜冰鞋
if it weren’t for a conspicuous absence of ice.
现在我们怎么办
What do we do now?
这边
This way.
早上好 小美人们
Good morning, my pretties.
妈妈来了 还有你们的早餐
Here’s Mum with your breakfast.
以为我把你们忘了
Did you think I’d forgotten you?
你们中有几个得去小小地旅行一下了
Some of you will be going on a little trip soon, hey?
我不愿意失去你们
I hate to lose you.
不过老太婆也得过日子啊
But even an old woman has got to live.
也许你们还是要问为什么
Although you might well ask why.
你们可没告诉我 我们收到了一封信
You never told me, we have a letter.
-接住了 -是的 没问题
-Got it? -Yeah, all right. Got it, Guv.
我来拿 把笼子门推开
Right, open the cage door.
早上好 夫人
Morning, Duchess.
早上好
Good morning.
最近做些什么呢
What have you been doing with yourself?
还能有什么 学跳舞
What do you think? Taking dancing lessons?
这次你们要多少
How many do you want this time?
两打
Two dozen.
两打
Two dozen?
你们拿这些金丝雀来干嘛
What are you doing with all those canaries?
那边到底怎么回事
What’s going on up there?
夫人 我们不知道
Look, Duchess, we don’t know.
也不想知道
And we don’t wanna know.
给约拿干活 最好别问问题
When you work for Jonah, it’s better not to ask questions.
六 八 10…
Six, eight, 10…
进去 14 17…
Get in there! 14, 17…
进去 20
In you go. 20.
二十四
Twenty four…
那封信呢 一起送走吗
How about that letter? Does that go, too?
不 这封信是要本人来取的
No, this is going to be picked up in person.
-接住了 -好 递上来
-All right, I’ve got it. -Right.
好了 小美人们
All right, my pretties.
回去睡觉吧
Back to sleep you go.
我还以为我们这回玩完了呢
I really thought we were done for.
我亲爱的华生 躲藏的艺术
The art of concealment, my dear Watson,
只在于在适当的时间待在适当的地方
is merely a matter of being in the right place at the right time.
你听见她说的了吗
Did you hear what she said?
你觉得埃米尔会自己来取信吗
You really think Emile is going to pick up the letter himself?
这样事情就简单了
It certainly would simplify things, wouldn’t it?
信 轮椅 金丝雀
Letter-drops, wheelchairs, canaries…
那个约拿是怎么回事
And what was all that about Jonah?
你觉得他们在那边干些什么
And what do you suppose they’re doing up there?
那边是哪里
And where is up there?
我猜是在苏格兰
My guess would be Scotland.
更准确地说 是因弗内斯
Inverness, to be more precise.
因弗内斯
Inverness?
你有没有注意到鸟笼子底的报纸
Didn’t you notice the paper at the bottom of their cage?
《因弗内斯快讯》
The Inverness Courier.
福尔摩斯先生 这封信…
Mr. Holmes, this letter…
它怎么了
What about it?
是写给你的
It is addressed to you.
给我的
To me?
但这不可能啊 这是我们自己寄的
But that’s impossible! We sent it ourselves.
不过…
Nevertheless…
“我亲爱的夏洛克
“My dear Sherlock,
“我希望你和华生医生见信立刻
“I expect you and Dr. Watson to join me at the club
“赶来俱乐部与我相会
“immediately upon receipt of this note.
“据我推算
“According to my calculations,
“现在应该是上午11点40分
“that should be at 11:40 a.m.
“兄 迈克罗夫特”
“Your brother, Mycroft.”
华生 现在几点
What time do you make it, Watson?
11点43分
11:43.
要么你的表不准 要么迈克罗夫特算错了
Either your watch is wrong, or Mycroft has miscalculated.
基于我对他的了解 我建议你校准一下手表
And knowing Mycroft, I suggest you reset your watch.
福尔摩斯
Holmes,
说出来不怕你笑话 我有点担心
I don’t mind telling you I’m a bit apprehensive about this.
我自己也好奇
I’m rather curious myself
他权术家般的头脑在酝酿什么诡计
to know what’s going on in that Machiavellian mind of his.
不 我不是说迈克罗夫特 我是说瓦拉东夫人
No, I don’t mean Mycroft. I mean Madame Valladon.
别担心 她和哈德森太太在一起应该很安全
Don’t worry. She’ll be perfectly safe with Mrs. Hudson.
我们来见迈克罗夫特·福尔摩斯
To see Mr. Mycroft Holmes.
先生你来了
Right you are, sir.
他在楼上书房♥等你
He’s expecting you in the upstairs study.
现在先生们请登记一下
Now if you gentlemen will sign in,
全名 地址 所为何事…
surname, Christian name, address, nature of business…
先生们
Gentlemen!
牙买♥♥加的 肯定没错
Jamaican, no doubt.
不是黄果树就是芙蓉王
Either tropical or Golosina.
我不太确定
I’m not quite sure.
请进 请进 夏洛克 华生医生
Come in. Come in, Sherlock, Dr. Watson.
请坐
Sit down.
很有型啊 你们俩都是
You’re looking very fit, both of you.
谢谢
Thank you.
迈克罗夫特 最近还好吗 痛风怎么样了
How are you, Mycroft? How’s your gout?
没有大碍 偶尔会有刺痛
Under control, except for the occasional twinge.
有好东西招待你们
I’ve got a treat for you.
上年头的马德拉葡萄酒 1814年的
A very old Madeira, 1814.
全世界只剩六瓶
There are only six bottles left in the world,
我有两瓶 正在想办法弄第三瓶
I’ve got two of them and I’m negotiating for a third.
如果你不介意我这么说
If you don’t mind my saying so,
容易痛风的人不应该…

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!