名正言顺的继承人 我们的法律规定的
to the throne of Genovia. That’s our law.
我是因婚姻而位列皇族
I’m royal by marriage.
你是有真正的皇室血统
You are royal by bIood.
你有统治权
You can rule.
统治? 哦 不
Rule? Oh, no.
不行 不行 不行
Oh, no. No, no, no.
你们真的找错人了
Now you have really got the wrong girI.
我从来没有领导过任何人…
I never lead anybody…
无论在蛋糕柜台还是在女童子军中…
not at Brownies, not at Camp Fire Girls…
Clarisse女王 我生活的追求就是…
Queen Clarisse, my expectation in life…
做个透明人 我很擅长这个
is to be invisible, and I’m good at it.
Amelia 我也曾经有过其他追求
Amelia, I had other expectations also.
即使在我最疯狂的梦中…
In my wildest dreams…
我都从来没想到事情会这样
I never expected this to happen.
但你是合法的继承人…
But you are the legal heir…
唯一的…Genovian王位继承人…
the only heir…to the Genovian throne…
而且我们会接受这个挑战…
and we will accept the challenge…
帮助你成为真正的公主
of helping you become the princess that you are.
哦 我可以给你书看
Oh, I can give you books.
你将要研习语言 历史 艺术 政♥治♥科学
You will study languages, history, art, political science.
我可以教你言谈举止…
I can teach you to walk, talk, sit, stand…
穿着打扮都像个公主
eat, dress like a princess.
而且 考虑到时间 我想你会发现…
And, given time, I think you’ll find…
Genovia的皇宫是个很适宜居住的地方
the paIace in Genovia a very pleasant place to live.
-住在Genovia? -那是个很棒的国家
-Live in Genovia? -It’s a wonderful country.
哇 哇 等等…
Whoa, whoa. Just…
倒回去 暂停一下
Rewind and freeze.
我不是什么公主
l’m no princess.
我还在等着正常的生长发育
I’m still waiting for normal body parts to arrive.
我拒绝搬家去统治一个国家…
I refuse to move to and rule a country…
而且…你想听另一个原因吗?
and…Do you want another reason?
我不想做公主!
I don’t want to be a princess!
哦 Amelia…Amelia!
Oh, Amelia…Amelia!
Amelia 回来!
Amelia, come back here!
嗯 进展得多顺利啊 是吧?
Well, that went well, didn’t it?
-也许她需要更多时间 -你愿意帮忙吗?
-Perhaps she needs more time. -Will you help me?
Thermopolis小姐?
Miss Thermopolis?
我是你的安全总管…
I’m the head of your security…
你想让我去做司机和保姆
and you want me to be a chauffeur and baby-sitter.
现在看来 这个孩子需要保护
For the time being. The chiId needs protection.
十五年来…
For 15 years…
你就不能抽空…
you couldn’t find a spare minute…
告诉我我爸是皇室成员?
to tell me that my father is a royal?
我原以为我这么做是对的
I thought I was doing the right thing.
对谁来说是对的 妈?
The right thing for who, Mom?
对我们都是对的
For all of us.
我是说 如果我们秘密地离了婚…
l mean, if we secretly divorced…
他就会再找一个妻子…
he would be able to find a woman…
能留在Genovia他的身边并给他生个子嗣…
who would stay by his side in Genovia and produce heirs…
我就可以自♥由♥地和你一起生活
and I would be free to live my life with you.
我是说 拜托! 我们在大学相识!
I mean, please! We met in college!
我还很年轻! 我想画画
I was young! I wanted to paint.
你能想象我在别人身后亦步亦趋地走…
Can you see me walking one step behind someone…
这样了此一生?
for the rest of my Iife?
遵从着繁文缛节…
With rules and regulations…
不停地挥手 鞠躬 刮擦?
and the waving and the bowing and the scraping?
我很害怕!
I was scared!
和一个…
Living with a mother…
欺骗了我15年的母亲生活在一起也让我很害怕
who lied to me for 15 years scares me.
你去哪儿?
Where are you going?
整理我的寝宫
To straighten up the royal bedchamber.
离婚之后 我们一起讨论过
After the divorce, we all discussed it.
你父亲和你奶奶…
Your father and your grandmother…
都同意和你保持距离…
both agreed to keep that distance…
这样你就能拥有一个正常的童年…
so you would have a chance of a normal childhood…
情感上不受干扰
free of emotional complications.
我们本想等你18岁的时候告诉你…
We were going to tell you when you were 18 years oId…
但是你父亲一死 事情就变了 Mia
but when your father died, things changed, Mia.
我们想保护你
We wanted to protect you.
好吧 你知道吗?
Ok.You know what?
我没觉得受到了保护
I don’t feel protected.
你活了15年…
You try living for 15 years…
认为自己是某个人…
thinking that you’re one person…
然后不到5分钟功夫你发现…
and then in five minutes you find out…
你是个公主
that you’re a princess.
就是以防…
Just in case…
我还不够像个怪胎…
I’m not enough of a freak already…
还要给我戴上个皇冠!
let’s add a tiara!
那好 把汤喝了
Well, drink your soup.
我不饿
I’m not really hungry.
好吧
Fine.
晚安 亲爱的
Good night, sweetheart.
肥Louie…
Fat Louie…
你多么幸运啊…
You are so Iucky…
你不知道父母是谁
you don’t know who your parents are.
我从没坐过豪华轿车…
I’ve never ridden in a limo…
他苦涩地承认…
he admitted bitterly to himseIf…
当他凭窗眺望…
as he crossed to the open window…
遥看海台♥*♥湾♥ 薄雾迫近…
and looked out at the bay, the fog looming…
就像可怜的人生呈现在他面前
like his pathetic life before him.
难以置信我获得了艾美奖
I can’t beIieve I won an Emmy.
我有自己最喜欢的Phillipe的照片
I have this favorite photo of Phillipe.
我们的大学时光很愉快
We had so much fun when we were in college.
他充满了生活情趣…
He was so full of joie de vivre…
总是兴高采烈的
always laughing and smiling.
我记得
I remember.
Helen 如果Amelia拒绝继承王位…
Helen, if Amelia refuses to accept the throne…
Genovia将不复存在 就像我们所知道的
then Genovia will cease to exist as we know it.
所以汝国的未来…
So the future of your country…
就掌握在我15岁女儿的手里?
is in the hands of my 15-year-old?
在这儿
Here it is.
Phillipe准备好了做国王
Phillipe was ready to be king.
却发生了可怕的意外
Then the terrible accident.
即使我们之间处的不好…
Even though it didn’t work out between us…
我还是非常爱你的儿子
I loved your son very much.
谢谢
Thank you.
嗯 就像往常一样…
Well, as always…
我还是得这个样子
this is as good as it’s gonna get.
我等不到她18岁了
I can’t wait until she’s 1 8.
哦 这是个噩梦
Oh, this is a nightmare.
我回去睡觉吧
I’m going back to bed.
Mia 我们三个得谈谈
Mia, the three of us have to talk.
哦 好吧 还有什么…
Oh, Ok. Is there something else…
关于我和我的生活的事也许是我想知道的?
about me and my life just maybe I might want to know about?
你们是不是想带我去个脱口秀节目…
Are you two waiting to take me on a talk show…
告诉我我有一个孪生姐妹是公爵夫人?
to tell me I have a twin sister who’s a duchess?
你有个表亲是伯爵夫人
You have a cousin who’s a contessa.
叫做Bartholomew
Fondly known as Bartholomew.
实际上 我们叫他Pookie
Actually, we call him Pookie.
昨天我们进行地并不顺利
Yesterday did not go well.
请你听你奶奶说好吗?
Will you just listen to your grandmother?
Amelia 几个星期之后…
Amelia, in a matter of weeks…
我们有个年度舞会
we have an annual ball.
我本来…我希望借此机会能把你介绍给…
I was…I am hoping that I may present you…
媒体和公众
to the press and the public on that occasion.
然而 你迫切需要一些指导
However, you desperately need some instruction.
我代表整个Genovian国会…
I speak for the entire Genovian parliament…
和皇室家族
and the royal family.
我代表这个家
And I speak for this family.
对不起…
Excuse me…